Preparations for the Coronation

The Royal Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The life of a chamber maid was less glamorous than one might think. Sure, it was lovely living in a castle that was so magnificent and splendid, it showed the vast wealth the King and Queen possessed, but the job of a chamber maid was quite boring. My job was to help take care of the eldest Yoo brother, Youngwon, even though he was older than me by 3 years. The most exciting thing to come to this kingdom was Prince Youngwon's marriage and coronation next week. There was a lot of preparation to be done before the biggest event in the kingdom, and Youngwon's princess was the most beautiful woman in all the nearby kingdoms.

 

If only I could be as lucky as her, but my job is to serve them.


A few days before the coronation, my best friend and coworker Katelyn approached me with a grin. And right behind her was my other best friend Jessi from the next kingdom over.


"What are you two up to?" I ask with a defeated sigh. It was never a good thing when they got together, no matter how much I loved spending any free moments I got with them.


"We have a plan." Katelyn replied with a cute grin. Jessi pulled a large, flat box she was hiding behind her back and placed it in my hands. Opening it, it was a gorgeous dress, one that the wealthy would wear.


"Jessi who did you murder to get such a beautiful dress?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Jessi was the "get anything by any sort of means" type of friend.


"Ha h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter