Red String

Searching For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jihan is not only a pet, Akita, dog but also a part of Lee family, while Gongchan had his grand piano as his buddy, Jisoo was often seen playing with Jihan that’s why when the accident happened, Jisoo almost not able to talk for months not until his Papa Minki found out that he was bearing Jihoon on his womb. Such great news enlightened the Lee’s household causing Jisoo to get out in his room and talk to his baby brother insides his Papa’s womb everyday after he wakes up in the  morning, while eating his meals and before he sleeps at night, that’s maybe the reason why Jisoo was like a father to Jihoon as they grow older.

On the other hand, Jisoo didn’t forgot to visit Jihan’s grave each year ever since his death. Although there is garden dedicated for Jihan’s tomb near their ancestors burial site, Jisoo always visited the site where Jihan died as his atonement for neglecting his duty as Jihan’s owner. 

Since that day he didn’t forgot Jihan a second, the dog wouldn’t be lost in the woods and wouldn’t died early regardless Jisoo was always proud of Jihan in whom, if it wasn’t for him, a young boy wouldn’t be save on that day. Maybe that boy would have been buried live on the ground if Jihan didn’t found him. The memories keeps repeating on Jisoo’s mind especially when it rained especially if followed with thunder and lighting, sometimes he would loss his consciousness because of fear, fear that someone will die in front of him again. But today, even if the weather forecast  stated that it would have a mild to moderate rain in the area, his Papa assured him that it will be alright. His Papa Minki is always the source of strength especially at times like this. “Jisoo are you frightened my love?”

“Mmmmnnnn” as he shakes his head to answer his Papa, Minki squeezes his son’s hand for comfort and Jisoo relaxes from the touch. “I’ll wait for you then or should I accompany you on the site?” he offered yet Jisoo wants to be alone. “I can get over it Papa, you should drive Chanie to their camp site, just drop me there and I’ll call you or butler Hobi when I will be back to Seoul besides the cabin is well maintained for years, I will be able to stay there for the mean  time. Also Papa, I want to be alone and think right now but don’t worry I wasn’t planning bad or harm for myself, it just that I met a guy and I don’t know why I always feel safe and eases my worries when I was with him, I can’t explain the feeling.” Jisoo said as he stoops his shoulder and played with his fingers as he tells his concerns.

“Hyung, then there is a possibility that you two had a special connection, remember the red string myth that there is always those invisible red ribbon attaches to two person who is destined to be  lover or sometimes they call it soul mates,” Chan butted in while munching the cookies bake by his Gongchan hyung. “Chanie are you saying that your hyung is possibly in love?” their Papa curiously ask which causes Chan to choke with his food and Jisoo abruptly get a bottled water besides him as he reach his brother’s back to lightly tap his for him  to breath.

 
“Papa, Chanie almost died, stop that” yet their father just laugh at his two sons and continue driving towards their destination. Moments later, they drop Jisoo at the entrance of the mountain. Chan gave the flowers to his brother as well as the baskets of food and tools. Tools because Jisoo always clean those weeds sprouted at the site where Jihan died before he offers foods to it. “Be careful my love and Chan seat beside me now, hurry up!” Minki shouted as he starts the engine once again. “Bye Papa, Bye Chanie, be a good boy and have fun. You should tell me some stories when you get back,” Jisoo offers his pinky finger asking for a response from his brother in whom the latter intertwined his to his brother’s  finger, “Promise!” he said excitedly as he kiss his brother’s cheek and bid a farewell. Jisoo waited on the side of the road until the shadow of their car weren’t seen anymore. He fences his things and walk towards the site. He looks at the sky and muttered, “Seems like it’s gonna be a long day, Jihan.”

“Daebak! Seungkwan come here, Pali-pali!” Seungkwan ran towards Dokyeom directions after playing with butterflies encircling him a while ago. “Woooahhhhh, how come a sculptured Akita was here, Oh look there’s a date.” Seungkwan brushes his hands on the dusted date. “It’s a memorial tomb?”

“Maybe a monument?” Seokmin corrected him and the latter nodded. “It’s fascinating, maybe the owners of this land really loves his pet that much” Seungkwan nodded in agreement. “Let’s take a picture of it, it was rare to see this kind of things in a restricted forest like this.” Seokmin positioned his smartphone and they took some shots not only besides the monument but also with the beautiful garden surrounding it. The two of them make themselves comfortable as they seated to the log near the site. 
“You know what, this area must be a private property, it was well maintained and well designed, the flower arrangement and the positioning of the wooden chairs and such.  It was like it was made as a paradise for the Akita dog. Maybe the owner love him that much to be able to do this.” Seungkwan started after drinking from his tumbler.

“The thing is, look at that, the place where the monument is void of anything that cause harm on it and it looks like the trees around this area are far enough not to cause damage on this site even a storm comes in.” Seokmin pointed at the sight in front of them until water droplets falls in his hands, at first he close his eyes to feel the sensation of the rain coming to his senses while Seungkwan already run towards the near tree for a cover, “Yah, Seokminie, stop fantasizing with the freaking rain and come here already!” But Seokmin stayed there for a while until his tears was flowing with the rain, he always wants to cry out loud but he can’t cause it will troubled his friends, he was known as their happy virus but this time, he wants to let out his sadness and wash off by the rain until rainbow comes.
As times passes, Seungkwan can’t stay still and drag Seokmin with him, “Yahhh, just curse or shout if you have a proble-----” but Seungkwan can’t finish it cause the happiest person infront of him was chilling from colds and sobbing.

 “Hyung?” Seokmin looks up to his direction and offers a  bitter smile while his tears continues to flow and because of that sight, Seungkwan can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter