Forty Four

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR; DISAPPOINTMENT.

"!" Kihyun cursed. Somi sprawled on the ground, oblivious to the world around her. With Minhyuk holding Hyungwon up, stumbling away from the finish line, Kihyun was to slow to react and Hyunwoo reached out, to slow to grab Somi before she collapsed at the finish line. 

"Get her out of the way!" Hyunwoo yelled and Jooheon bounded past him making it to Somi's side before Kihyun had even reached her. He scooped Somi into his arms and ran away from the finish line as others barreled past them. Hoseok and Changkyun ran over the line, ignoring it to follow Jooheon with Somi in his arms. When they made it across, Changkyun couldn't help but take in a big gasp of air, like he was finally able to swim back to the top and break through the water that had him holding his breath in the first place. Jooheon placed Somi on the ground gently, away from the mess that was cameras, yelling and screaming coming from the contestants that were finally crossing the line to reunite with their family members that stood in the audience.

"Somi wake up, come on" Jooheon shook Somi by the shoulders with no response from her.

"Somi?" Changkyun dropped down beside Jooheon, putting his hand on Somi's forehead, flinching back because she was burning up under his touch more than he had ever felt before. 

"She's practically on fire" He hissed, shaking away the pain in his hand.

"I know" Jooheon agreed with him, his hands were burning too, but he didn't want to just sit and watch the slow breaths in and out that Somi was taking.

"Out of the way!" A voice barked, people in white coats pushed through the seven boys surrounding Somi, then more followed in casual clothing, cameras and cords hanging from their bodies, trying to catch every last moment on film.

"What do we have here on our monitor? Is that Han Somi, the lone element wielder of Blood Haven?"

"I think it is"

"And it looks like her lights are out everyone"

"Oh would they shut up?!" Hoseok yelled and the commentators at the table chuckled at his frustration as Hoseok pulled his hands through his neatly gelled hair. Somi was put on a stretcher at that moment, Hyunwoo encouraged Hoseok to ignore the loud voice of the commentators in favour of following the doctors that lifted Somi's body lying on the stretcher and began to run towards one of the many vans that were pulled up far away from the crowd and the finish line. The cameras stopped following them at a certain point, watching them run off after the doctors.

"Not all of you are coming in my van, you won't fit" One of the doctors sharply turned to them and breaths hitched as they looked at each other.

"How many of us can go?"

"Two, three if you really want to squeeze in with our team" The doctor informed them as Somi's cloth stretcher was laid on a hospital bed that was quickly pushed into the back of the van. The members looked around at each other.

"You go" Hoseok nodded to Jooheon and Changkyun, both of them widening their eyes, Changkyun pulled Jooheon toward the van so that he wouldn't protest.

"We'll join you later" Hoseok reassured him as Jooheon gulped.

"How am I going to get in contact with you?" He panicked and Hoseok waved for him to hurry off.

"We'll find a way, just go"

"I don't have a phone" Jooheon whimpered as he sat down in the seat next to the hospital bed and the van doors slammed shut before Hoseok could try and reassure him again.

"Where do we go now?" Hyungwon blinked, clinging to Minhyuk and Hoseok looked around, shrugging his shoulders. 

"They'll have the busses to take us back, right?" He looked at them with uncertainty and the group mulled over it in silence, not knowing if there would be busses for them to get on so they could go home.

"We've found them, ladies and gentlemen, the people you are seeing right now are the winners of this year's Great Race!" The commentator's voice was back again and the boys looked around, realising that there were several cameras aimed at them, there was someone running over to them with a microphone in hand and there was an audience, clapping and cheering for them, looking directly at them.

"Monsta X, congratulations on your win, how does it feel to be this year's victors?" The man with the microphone asked, sticking the microphone under Hyunwoo's nose.

"We run the race?" He frowned, brows pinching.

"Holy " Kihyun gasped next to him and the boys looked at each other, mouths falling open and eyes blinking in a stuper.

"When did we do that?" Hyunwoo in a sharp breath and looked back at the microphone then to the man trying to ask him the question.

"Well we're clearly beyond ourselves right now"

------------

"It hurts that much?" Hyungwon frowned, he hadn't known Minhyuk had been shot, otherwise he wouldn't have let him be the one to carry him around. He also didn't know that Minhyuk would have the guts to pull out a bullet from his own flesh.

"Yes" Minhyuk nodded, he was lying on the bed, head back and eyes shut, stripped of his white latex shirt.

"You've made the wound bigger by taking the bullet out yourself, so you have a couple more stitches than you would have needed, for now, you are done though"

"Cool, so I can go back out to the others?" Minhyuk asked the doctor who nodded reluctantly, looking over the wounds that he had cleaned up on Minhyuk and Hyungwon.

"Sure. Just don't get pushed around much, that goes for both of you" He helped Minhyuk back onto his feet and handed him the latex shirt but Minhyuk shook his head.

"I don't think I'll be getting this back on" He sighed and the doctor nodded.

"You're free to go then"

------------

The ambulance van screeched to a stop with the driver looking over his shoulder into the back before diving out of his seat as a commotion broke lose in the back. Somi was coughing beyond belief and he slapped a hand on her back as the other paramedic shuffled around as quickly as she could, trying to get water to Somi as quickly as possible. She rushed back to the bed, pushing through Changkyun with a bottle of water in hand that she put to Somi's lips and forced her to drink several mouthfuls from before she backed away.

"Where the hell am I?" Somi looked around, croaking out with a dry throat and the female before her offered her the water bottle which she took with trembling hands that struggled to hold the bottle on their own.

"You're in the back of an ambulance" The male informed her, rubbing her back and stepping away.

"How?" She demanded to know.

"The Great Race is over Somi, you got past the finish line and passed out"

"We're on the way to Blood Haven's medical unit right now" The female doctor informed her and Somi's brows furrowed.

"You're taking me to the hospital? Just because I passed out?" She scrunched her face up and the paramedics shook their heads.

"You all have a lot of injuries right now, we need to get them treated" Somi looked her own body up and down, there was nothing different, just a litter of bumps, cuts and bruises, no broken bones and no joints out of place.

"Well I mean, do I have to go right now?" She asked, leaving the paramedics stunned.

"I mean, we need to be with the rest of our team right now, can't we all just go together later?" She continued.

"We want to be with our team too," Changkyun nodded, "but you're injured Somi"

"I feel fine." She shook her head, kicking her legs off of the bed she was in. "So can't we just go back to the others for now? We can't just leave them out there like that" She continued.

"You have head injuries that we need to look after-"

"Let them go, he's already opening the doors" The male paramedic cut his female companion off and Jooheon jumped out of the van with Somi stumbling after him and Changkyun following close behind.

"Thank you for wrapping us up, we'll be back soon" Changkyun looked back, waving at them. Jooheon put his hands on Somi's waist and she put her hands on his shoulders, watching the ground as she jumped out of the vehicle.

"Bye" Changkyun ran after them as Jooheon and Somi scurried away, calling his name as they went to find the rest of the group.

"Jooheon what are you doing back here?" It didn't take long for them to find each other again, almost like a pull in the right direction as they ran, Minhyuk called out to them, helping Hyungwon down from the back of the ambulance that they had been in.

"Somi?" Hyungwon frowned and Minhyuk looked at her too.

"What the hell are you doing awake?" He demanded to know and Somi shrugged her shoulders, gripping onto Changkyun and Jooheon so they wouldn't lose each other.

"We came back to find you guys" Changkyun answered and Minhyuk sighed as Hyungwon looked them up and down.

"You don't have a shirt on" Somi pointed out and Minhyuk glared at her.

"ert" He grumbled before looking over to the next van.

"Let's go to the others and try and get out of here, it might be hard since all these reporters want to shove microphones in our face to ask us how we feel after winning and all those other annoying questions" Minhyuk rattled off and the youngers the halted in their steps, freezing as they tried to follow after him.

"What did you just say?"

"The reporters are trying to follow us everywhere?" To prove his point Minhyuk openly slapped a microphone away from prodding him in the face and they all finally took notice of the cameras on them.

"We won the race?" Jooheon gaped and Minhyuk nodded.

"Oh yeah, we were the first complete team over the line, congratulations by the way" Minhyuk gave a tight lip smile and Hyungwon waved for the three of them to follow him as Minhyuk his heels and walked away again.

"Lee Jooheon, how do you feel knowing you won the Great Race?"

"Im Changkyun! What do you think of your condition in this year's race?"

"Somi how do you feel after your first time participating in the Great Race?" Those were just some of the questions that they got as they pushed through the crowd to catch up with Minhyuk and Hyungwon, once they were in arms reach they clung to the pair to take the walk to the next van that wouldn't have taken more then a few seconds if it weren't for all the people with cameras and microphones surrounding them.

"What are you doing awake?" The same question was asked the moment that the trio stepped in front of Hoseok, Kihyun and Hyunwoo with Hyungwon and Minhyuk at the arms and Somi shrugged.

"I just woke up" She answered.

"So you came straight here?" Kihyun snapped at her and Somi nodded.

"Are you serious? You should be going to the hospital not pushing around through the crowd here, you could have some kind of head damage" Hoseok was the next to join in on the lecturing and Kihyun pointed at him, agreeing with a curt nod of his head as he looked at Somi.

"Exactly, who knows what hits you took when we weren't looking? You need to get fixed up before we do anything else" 

"I will go later" Somi argued with a shake of her head and Hoseok narrowed his eyes at her as Kihyun raised an eyebrow in response.

"I'll wait until we all go for our checkups, then I'll go, for now, I want to stay with the team," She told them and it fell quiet for a moment.

"Ok, well the sooner we get out of here the better then" Hyunwoo spoke up to break the void of words and they all looked at him.

"Where's your shirt?" He asked Minhyuk and Minhyuk showed him the shirt that he had tucked into the belt of his pants.

"Right, yeah let's get out of here"

------------

"Put all of your weapons in the tubs here" A monotonous voice instructed as if that person too had gone through weeks of physical exertion that left them physically and mentally exhausted. The seven of them did as they were instructed to by the dull voice. They unclipped the sheaths containing their knives from their belts and dumped them, they pulled their knuckle braces from their fingers and Somi let out a long sigh of relief, wiggling her fingers and tapping her empty belt after she had dumped them in the tubs like she was instructed to do.

"Hyunwoo?" Kihyun spoke up, making the others look at the male having his name spoken out by Kihyun. Hyunwoo dropped his knives and knuckle brace, then a few more knives, a gun and then another knuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter