Thirty Nine

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE; WILD ANIMAL.

Yips and yelps were let out. Guttural snarls and bites were made. Someone was choking on a lack of air and someone else was wiping away blood from their lip, getting angry enough to get back on their feet and swing their leg. There was a collision and muscles spasming in pain. More growls and snarls broke out through the air and fire crackled around them, lighting up and diminishing with the command of one girl as those surrounding her willed themselves to transform themselves into different creatures.

"Hold him!" Changkyun exclaimed and Somi clenched her fist, forcing Hoseok to stay with his back pressed up against the tree that Minhyuk had pushed him into. There was pure fury in his eyes and he cursed them as he struggled against Somi's element, having no luck in pushing away from the trunk of the tree.

"Would you all piss off and leave me alone? Im clearly doing fine on my own" He barked at them.

"I'm clearly doing fine on my own" Minhyuk mimicked him in a high pitched voice as they all examined the cuts and bruises on his skin, there were some that ripped through his shirt and showed some of his skin, a noticeable one on his thigh stuck out to them as Hoseok kicked his legs around.

"Grow up Minhyuk, get outta here and I'll let you all off this once" Hoseok spat at them and Minhyuk rolled his eyes in response.

"I don't think you're in the position of having the upper hand here Hoseok" Kihyun spoke calmly.

"Oh shut your mouth Kihyun, you runt you-"

"Hoseok" Somi called out and she was surprised that he heard her when he snapped his head around to look at her.

"What is it?" He demanded in a harsh voice, with a final kick to the tree his feet stopped moving and his chest fell up and down heavily from the long fight he had just put up against them.

"We're supposed to be part of the same group here, won't you just listen to us instead of throwing your fists at us?" She questioned him and Hoseok glared at her.

"There's nothing that I want to hear from any of you" His tone was still harsh and Minhyuk looked down at Jooheon, who crouched next to Hyungwon's unconscious body on the ground.

"If you want this plan to work then you better get to it bucko" He gave a flick of his head back at the temperamental Hoseok and Jooheon bobbed his head, letting out a breath as he stood up, stepping in front of Hoseok, blocking his view of Somi and cutting off the small bickering session between the two.

"What?" Hoseok spat and Jooheon blinked his eyes.

"Is it really going well for you? Working on your own?" Jooheon questioned him and Hoseok gave out a frustrated sigh in response to his question.

"How does it look like it's going for me? You blind now?" He shot back and Jooheon huffed, his shoulders deflating with the action.

"I thought I would start off with stating the obvious, since you started off with attacking us like a wild animal" Jooheon gave a slow shrug of his shoulders as he looked down at the ground with saddened eyes and Hoseok watched him, raising an eyebrow.

"He wants you back in the team" Kihyun spoke up, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest as he glared at the two of them.

"You want me back on the team?" Hoseok laughed bitterly.

"That's what he said isn't it?" Changkyun retorted in a light voice and Hoseok looked at him, then his eyes found Hyungwon purched up against a tree, oblivious to the world around him.

"What happened to him?" Hoseok asked them and Somi looked over to Hyungwon as she let out a deep breath that they all heard. Jooheon looked over his shoulder at her giving her a sympathetic smile as he stepped back to be closer to her and out of her way so that she could see Hoseok.

"He shifted unwillingly, now he's like that" She gestured to him and Hoseok looked at Hyungwon again.

"For how long?"

"A few days now" Somi answered in a disappointed voice.

"You're one man down," Hoseok, looked around, "make that two" He stated.

"Yeah, about that," Jooheon looked at Hoseok hesitantly, only to look away when Hoseok looked away from Hyungwon to look at him.

"We were kind of hoping you could make the team whole again?" Jooheon pleaded him and Hoseok struggled against the tree.

"Excuse me?"

"Not on your own!" Somi rushed out and Hoseok's fit of rage stopped.

"Jooheon, all of us, were kind of hoping you would come back and help us convince Hyunwoo to run with us again if we found him" Somi explained in more detail and Hoseok scoffed.

"You think I want to do that? You think I want to spend my time running after someone else that left the group?" Hoseok snapped at them and Somi shook her head.

"We're not going out to purposely hunt him down! Our aim is to find the finish line. And if we run into him along the way, we want him to finish with us as we all started.

"Thinking we were a team?" Hoseok laughed bitterly and Somi let out a deep grunt of annoyance.

"Shut up for a second!" Changkyun demanded suddenly and they all snapped their heads to look at him.

"Excuse me?" Jooheon clapped back and Changkyun held his hand up.

"Don't you hear that?" He rushed out and they all stopped what they were doing to listen for what Changkyun could hear that they hadn't picked up on as they argued.

"He's right, something is coming this way" Kihyun nodded.

"A couple of somethings" Minhyuk agreed.

"They're getting close quickly"

"I can smell them. You're not gonna believe this guys" Changkyun looked off into the distance as howls and grunts met their ears and the trees and bushes shook, getting closer to them until they could all smell it.

"Oh great," Minhyuk clasped his hands together as trees crashed and bushes shook behind them and Hyunwoo rolled out of the mess, "You're here to" He chimed. Somi put a hand up, stopping the werewolf that leapt through the trees in its tracks before it could do anything to harm Hyunwoo any further. Hyunwoo pulled himself off the ground and Somi's other hand shot out to stop him when Kihyun gave a nod of his head in her direction.

"Now that we're all here together we can take the time to discuss what's happened to us as a group" Minhyuk continued and Somi pulled Hyunwoo through the air so that he was in their huddle despite his resistance.

"Lovely to see you both again" Minhyuk gave a bright sarcastic smile to Hyunwoo and Hoseok that had his eyes pinching to a close. Hoseok rolled his eyes from behind Minhyuk and Somi let Hyunwoo put his feet on the ground again, pushing gravity down on him so that he was forced to stay standing with them instead of jumping at the werewolf that was snarling and lashing at them from a high point in the air above them.

"You both have impeccable timing, Jooheon has been wanting to find the both of you, can you believe he has a heart of gold? Because I want to rip every tooth from the both of your mouths, but anyway, I have been wanting to talk to you both about how we all fell apart, wouldn't it be nice to settle this in a nice, calming manner where we can all hear each other's thoughts?"

"Minhyuk" Kihyun spoke up in a warning tone, stopping the other male in his bitter rant towards the two. Kihyun looked around the group, at Hoseok and Hyunwoo, who refused to look at each other as they struggled under Somi's command, to Jooheon, who was visibly saddened by what was happening and he looked at Hyungwon, purched safely against a tree with Changkyun guarding him in the case that another fight broke out around them.

"Look, we all want to get out, don't we? Instead of arguing like this, why can't we just sit and talk about it? Like Jooheon wanted us to do" He looked around again as the team began moving to sit down in their circle, Hoseok shrugged his shoulders and Somi let go of her hold on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter