Twenty Nine

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE; WHEN THE TIME COMES.

"Well, well, uh well. Who do we have here?"

"For sake" Kihyun grumbled, rolling his eyes and slowly turning to face a group equal in size to the group he stood amongst.

"What do you want Peniel?" Kihyun spoke in a flat voice as the others followed his actions of facing the group of spellcasters. Jooheon put an arm on Kihyun's shoulder, leaning to the side as he looked the group up and down.

"Come to kiss our feet?" He appealed but none of them found it funny as Hyungwon covered his mouth to hide the smile that it brought to his lips.

"Don't be stupid, we wouldn't be here to do that. You're gonna be doing that to us after the Great Race"

"Great, he just used your lame attempt to insult them against us" Hyunwoo spoke tautly.

"What do you want?" Hoseok's guttural voice cut in and his throat rumbled as he glared at the smirking faces of the spellcasters. 

"Down!" Hyunwoo ordered as Hyunshik smirked, his silent words attacked them with a spell of blackened air that reeked of death, they ducked to the ground and covered their heads, dodging the poisoned air. They looked up, Minhyuk shapeshifted into the form of a cheetah and Somi clenched her fist, pulling her arm up as Hyunshik let out a scream, his arms waved around, reaching for anything to bring him back down to the ground. There was a howl and Hyungwon looked around, his shoulders sagging as he grumbled.

"Now we have to fight?" He glowers, shoving Eunkwang away from him when he ran at him.

"You guys promised we would go back to one of our dorms so I could fall asleep to a movie with my head on Somi's chest"

"Gross" Hyungwon snapped his eyes to look at Ilhoon who's face was scrunched up with disgust.

"You take that back!" Hyungwon demanded, raising his arm and throwing his fist into Ilhoon's face.

------------

"Did you see what happened to Ilhoon's face?" Somi's ears could be felt tingling with an urge to twitch, she could hear the whispers around her and she didn't like it.

"I heard it was from a fight with them, no wonder people have been calling them monsters, look at what they did to poor Ilhoon" A second voice entered her hearing range and Somi's eyes narrowed.

"He's just a spellcaster, how is he meant to defend himself against something like that?" Somi couldn't hold her head down any longer, she was stronger than this, if this were happening in her old school she would have had no hesitation in opening , she shouldn't have been scared just because they weren't human, she wasn't either. After a moment she realised that she was, in fact, stronger than some of the beasts in this place and she grew frustrated, a scowl covering her features as she looked up again, her sensitive ears picking up on the hushed voices once again.

"Do you know ing what?" Somi burst out loudly, turning and approaching the group of girls sitting around a table. The whispers came to a stop as Somi slammed her hand on their table, she swung her bag off her shoulders, eyeing them all with a heated stare.

"I am so bloody sick of spoilt little brats that run their mouths without knowing the facts first. Do you want monsters? Then just you ing wait until the Great Race and you'll truly see us like monsters" Somi drew away from the table, swinging her arm to pick her bag up, scooping it up with a full sweeping motion to throw it over her shoulder. Her actions sent the table between the girls up in the air and then through the air until it crashed into a tree. The girls screamed, scrambling to hug each other so that they wouldn't be in the line of fire.

"Don't think I'll forget this, talkers" Somi stormed away and Changkyun's sudden appearance of chasing after her tail was a little late, but he still looked at the girls, smiling as he giggled.

"Oh, you in trouble, better train well" He singsonged before waving at them with his fingers and chasing after Somi.

------------

"You trust him?" Minhyuk snarled and Somi bared her teeth in response, finding no reason to back down but plenty to stand up and fight back against Minhyuk. Her hands formed fists at her sides and she stepped forward. Of course, this wasn't what Somi wanted to be doing right now, not first thing in the morning, but Minhyuk had no right to be starting something with her right now.

"Correction Minhyuk, that is my team so I trust them!" She stated matter of factly and Minhyuk shook his head.

"You call that a team? That's more like a group of outcasts wanting to stop being so alone" Minhyuk dismissed but Somi wasn't having it so she rushed forward to put Minhyuk back in his place, only to be stopped by a strong arm slinging over her shoulders almost too casually for the situation they were in.

"Yeah because you're such a great person Minhyuk! If you gave a about me you would have at least suggested the option to me of joining your team instead of just letting me go off on my own to enter in the Great Race!" Somi barked before she had even turned to look at who was keeping her still.

"You're just as disgusting as him, remember that" Minhyuk flicked his chin at Hoseok who held Somi back with the arm he had around her and a hand on her arm that stopped her from barreling Minhyuk into the tiled floor.

"He's not worth it, someone who can only talk you down like that is so not worth it" Hoseok whispered as Somi tried to free herself from him. His words brought her movements to a stop but she stared off in Minhyuk's direction of retreat, with her being left heaving in anger as she glared.

"Not worth it at all" And Hoseok turned her the opposite way, forcing her to walk from the scene to wherever he planned to take her.

------------

"Why are the teachers looking at us like that? They've been doing it all day" Minhyuk didn't like the feeling he got from all the teachers he passed in the halls that day. There was even something different in the way they were teaching and Minhyuk hoped that he wasn't the only one getting this strange feeling.

"I don't know, but it's strange" Kihyun agreed from his seat beside Minhyuk, they kept their eyes on their teacher, watching her for any suspicious actions. Kihyun tapped his pen against his bottom lip as he watched the teacher walk from side to side at the front of the classroom. Minhyuk wiggled so that he was sitting lower in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Do you think that she knows something that we don't yet?" Minhyuk whispered and Kihyun shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe they all do" He replied as their teacher turned back to the board with a smile on her face.

"Message the others in the group chat-"

"Oh so now you're for the group chat huh?" Minhyuk cut in and Kihyun narrowed his eyes at him.

"No, so you message the others in the group chat and see if they're noticing anything different with their teachers" He turned away from Minhyuk, ignoring the scoff that Minhyuk pushed through his lips as he took his phone from his pocket, his eyes on his teacher to make sure she wouldn't notice what he was up to. He hid the phone behind his books and unlocked it. He went into the group chat as his eyes flickered from the teacher and back to his phone several times over. He typed quickly and sent his message locking the device and hiding it under his book as the teacher turned back to the class.

------------

"Minhyuk is messaging us" Somi looked down at her phone, quickly unlocking it and reading the message. She showed Changkyun, who blinked, his brows pinching as he read the message. He moved himself and his books closer to Somi, making sure the librarian couldn't see them on her phone as he read the message again.

"He wants to know if our teachers are acting strange?" He questioned and Somi nodded, biting down on her lip.

"Our teacher didn't even come to study period, wouldn't that be considered strange, especially since no other teacher is here to replace him?" She looked at Changkyun who looked around the library with cautious eyes.

"I've never seen him miss a chance to snoop over us, maybe the librarian is covering for him?" Changkyun guessed and they both looked at the middle aged woman behind her desk doing something that they couldn't see.

"Don't let her hear you" Somi whispered when their voices started to get louder.

"Let the others know that our teacher isn't here today" Changkyun pointed to Somi's phone and she went about messaging them back.

"Hyungwon said his teacher isn't here today as well"

"Jooheon's ditching and Hoseok and Hyunwoo feel a bit like something is different," She told him and Changkyun peered at the phone over her shoulder.

"Do you think that means something is going on?" He worried and Somi looked around again at the other students in their study period.

"It may mean something is up, but what would the teachers be planning against us?"

------------

"Attention all staff and students. We ask for your cooperation and patience. Everyone is to evacuate to the basement. Please leave the class in single files and do not panic" The loud screech of the speaker going off left as quickly as it came. Everyone looked around, Somi let her jaw drop, trying to get something out of as she looked around.

"Pack up your things Somi" Hyungwon told her, his voice was calm and gentle but she could feel the urgency in what he was telling her to do.

"Hyungwon what's happening?" A loud alarm blared through the speakers and students stood up, becoming distressed despite the principles request for them not to. Her hands move, feeling shaky as she shoved her things into her bag, trying to do so quickly. Hyungwon waited for her, taking her hand the moment she had her bag over her shoulder. He walked in front of her, using his body as a shield against thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter