Twenty Six

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX; BRAS AND TEAMS.

"Do you think she's ok in there?" Jooheon voiced his worry and Kihyun grumbled, pulling his ear back from the doors to the gymnasium, making Minyuk do the same when he pulled him back with a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know, all I can hear is Hoseok going 'move faster' 'quickly' 'move woman move'. He needs to shut the up so I can at least try and hear how it's going" Kihyun rolled his eyes. Jooheon sat up straight, gripping the arms of his chair tightly and Kihyun's eyes widened as the sound of the chair breaking rang through the hall.

"Dude chill," He pulled Jooheon's hands from the arms of the chair, "I'm sure he doesn't mean anything bad about it" He consoled.

"Mr Kim still hasn't said anything" Minhyuk informed them as he put his ear to the doors again and Jooheon gulped down the lump that suddenly formed in his throat.

"Not a thing?" He squeaked and Minhyuk shook his head.

"Haven't heard boo from him" He confirmed and Jooheon sank down in his seat, tucking his chin in and biting down on his lip nervously.

"She's ok right?" He voiced out quietly and Kihyun and Minhyuk paused to look back at him.

"Nothing bad can happen to her in there" Kihyun reassured but they had all gone through these tests before, they knew what could happen in there.

"Pick it up Han" Hoseok hissed from the opposite side of the door, unable to hear what was happening out in the hall, his eyes were focused on the screens before him, they took up all of his attention and he had to try not to break the chair Mr Kim sat in as he clawed the back of it.

"She has five minutes" Mr Ki'ms deep and calm voice informed Hoseok and Hoseok hissed, taking to pacing and grabbing his hair behind Mr Kim.

"Push harder" Hoseok spoke under his breath, stopping in his step and widening his eyes.

"Not like that!" Somi grit her teeth, with several men down, three remained and they were putting up a strong fight. Her blood boiled and her eyes glowed, matching the flames that surrounded her and latched to the figures of the shadows. Her hands shot out, flames twice her size followed and the flow didn't stop for several seconds. The flames ceased as a rock the size of her torso smacked her in the side, pushing her along the rough ground for the hundredth time as she closed her eyes, covering her face from being attacked. Somi rolled onto her back, a wall of flames blocking any attempts to keep her down as she slowly pushed herself back onto her feet. She swayed, feeling exhausted, her eyes were heavy and her body ached, trying to recover quickly from the injuries it had received. She took a weak step forward before taking a stronger one.

The wall of flames dropped, bringing her back into view as she ran full speed ahead, tackling a shadowed figure and running until there was no more earth beneath her feet and she was plummeting downwards at a speed so fast the air whipping around her stung all over. She squinted, rolling through the air so that she was on top of the hooded figure. She pushed them away from her chest, her eyes blinking open wide as her body became weightless and the drop came to a stop. Instead, she was able to pull herself up again, floating through the air until she had both her feet softly connecting with the ground of the mountain again, coming face to face with the last of her opponents. She could feel her muscles aching, bruises and cuts throbbing and scabbing over slowly before her eyes. She took a deep breath in, holding it and letting it out as her arms moved around her and the final hooded figure was raised into the air. Her head spun and her eyes ached, a smirk pulled at her lips and her knees shook under her own. Like a wave in the ocean, her arms moved in a flowing motion, engulphing one last body in flames before her legs buckled out from under her and her eyes fell shut.

Peace came to her. She was still in pain, and she could still hear trees swaying with the wind. But that sound didn't last long, a buzzer shook the walls around her, they faded to black and the door that was shut in her face was opened once again. Hoseok ran towards her, crouching down next to her as her body swayed, wanting to fall forward on her face to take the weight off her aching knees. 

"You've done it" Hoseok breathed out, putting his hands over her shoulders to stop her swaying, but Somi hissed, her face pulling in a wince at the contact. Hoseok let out another breath, helping her to stand as Mr Kim approached them, his clipboard in hand and his pen between his lips, which he swiped away to write a few words down when he took in Somi's appearance.

"I've seen what you've got" He nodded and Somi panted, barely paying attention to what Mr Kim was saying.

"We'll get the other three in here" He spoke, and he didn't have to say it twice. The doors to the gymnasium were slammed open. Jooheon ran in at full speed with Minhyuk and Kihyun jogging in after him. Jooheon tackled Somi in a hug, coursing her to cry out as they stumbled back.

"You're alright" Jooheon wheezed ad Somi pinched her eyes shut and grit her teeth.

"I'm also in pain" She pointed out and Jooheon pulled her back, holding her at arm's length so that he could examine her.

"You've stopped bleeding and you're turning black and blue, you're healing alright" He assessed, his soft eyes looked back up to Somi's worry still clear within them, but he wasn't able to say anything when Mr Kim spoke again.

"I'll give you ten minutes to catch your breath and get some water into you, once that ten minutes is up you'll all be doing your combat test" Mr Kim tapped his pen against his clipboard, turning back to the door to leave.

"Somi's going first?" Jooheon spoke up and Mr Kim paused turning back to them.

"Oh, none of you have ever done the team assessment before, you're all going at the same time to test your ability to work as a team" Mr Kim flicked the light to the room on.

"We're not a team-" Mr Kim disappeared out of sight, leaving Kihyun to drop his words, his mouth left open and gaping as the air grew tense around them.

"We're doing a joint combat evaluation?" Jooheon muttered.

"He thinks we're a team" Minhyuk scoffed, running his hand through his hair as he took in the room around them. It was awkward between them, the air was stifled. Somi used the collar of her shirt to wipe away the sweat covering her face, trying to avoid the thick air, but it was hard when it was all around her. Jooheon's hands dropped back to his sides and he took a step back, his mouth opening and closing like a fish as he tried to find his words.

"I'll go and tell him we're not a team" Hoseok shook his head, marching back to the door just in time for Mr Kim to make himself known again.

"Here's some water, you have five minutes"

"I thought you said we have ten" Hoseok fumbled with the five bottles of cold water that were shoved into his arms. Mr Ki took his clipboard from under his arm, tucking it under the opposite arm and grabbing the door handle.

"I changed my mind, we need to get this done, four minutes" Mr Kim shut the door on them, leaving all of them stunned in their places. They all flinched as Mr Ki'ms voice echoed through the room.

"Make sure you're warmed up, we'll start once you are done" They looked between themselves, Hoseok approached them again, handing a bottle of water to each of them as he took in a deep breath.

"He's not giving us a choice" Kihyun spat, snatching the water bottle that was handed to him, he ripped the lid off of it and gulped down most of the contents before pulling away and wiping his mouth with his arm.

"We all still need to do the combat test one way or another" Jooheon shrugged, coming to terms with his situation.

"Jooheon is right, we all need to do this one way or another, and if this is the situation we have been forced into then there is no reason we can't grit our teeth and get it done, we're friends not enemies so let's get us all through it and have it done with"

"Thirty seconds"

Somi rolled her shoulders, unable to help the way her face pulled into an expression that showed she was still in pain, she rolled her head from side to side and swung her arms around, breathing in and out as she followed her arms to bend down and touch her toes. The others followed, throwing their water bottles aside and stretching their body out, preparing themselves for what was to come their way. Somi puffed out her cheeks, looking around at the boys and breathing in before speaking.

"So, what's worse, combat or this other one?" She inquired and their heads snapped up in attention.

"Huh?" 

"Which test is the worst one to do, the one I just did or the combat test?" Somi questioned again and Minhyuk shook his head.

"You have twenty seconds" Mr Kim informed them.

"You're about to find out that they're both as bad as each other"

"Turn the lights off" Kihyun pointed to the light switch and Minhyuk dashed over, turning the lights off and finding his way back to them in the dark.

"Get your hands off my . Now's not the time" Hoseok hissed and everyone could hear it when he shoved Minhyuk away.

"You said we're int his together, I'm trying to stick with the group"

"You, stay close to us" Jooheon grabbed Somi's hand and she nodded, her eyes unable to make him out in the black room.

"I will" She assured him.

"Your test will begin in ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one" The colours and the brightness, the foreign faces and the foreign surroundings, it all hit Somi at once and she swallowed realising that they were surrounded by too many people to count again. It was tense as they all shuffled in close, back to back as they faced the opponents.

"Let's go" Kihyun hissed and they all sprung into action.

------------

"Hyunwoo do you trust us?" Somi ran up to Hyunwoo, grabbing him by the shoulders and pulling him in close, having sensed the wild girls approach, Hyunwoo easily complied with her grabbiness, letting her pull him close to her face so that she could look him in the eyes.

"Do I trust you?" He voiced, asking if that was really what she was asking him at that moment and Somi's head bobbed up and down quickly. Having missed the intro to the current situation, Jooheon grew confused when he approached his two friends with Changkyun by his side.

"You're not going to kiss are you?" Jooheon asked, a demanding tone of uncertainty getting the attention of the others.

"OW!" Changkyun grimaced, waving his hand around as if he were slapping flies away from his face.

"What is wrong with you two lately? Seriously!" He exclaimed but Somi was serious, she wasn't going to move until she got an answer out of him.

"Seriously stop it!" Changkyun grabbed Somi's bag, using it to pull her back, but she didn't move, keeping her face close to Hyunwoo's, looking directly into his eyes that blinked slowly in response.

"Do you want me to kiss you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter