Fourteen

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOURTEEN; WILD BOYS.

"You're back!" A wild Baekhyun jumped out from behind the door and having not been able to sense the attack coming, Somi stumbled back into Junmyeon, a small 'oof' coming from the other male at the impact.

"Holy hell have you been getting any sleep, like at all?" Jongin was peeking over Baekhyun's shoulder and Somi shook her head, feeling just as tired as she looked to them.

"Not really" She told them honestly and Kyungsoo pulled her into the apartment.

"Sorry, they all wanted to be here" He muttered into her ear as he leads her to the room that she would be staying in for the two nights.

"That's ok" Somi gave another shake of her head, reassuring the grumpy male. Kyungsoo's smile was soft as he looked at her and Somi let out a sigh when he stepped forward, wrapping his arms around her. Somi just took that moment to enjoy her hug with Kyungsoo, he had always been one of the best at comforting people, despite being passive aggressive, he knew how to help a friend in need, and right then, Somi was really appreciating him being there.

"Hey that's not any fair! You can't just hide in here and get all sweet and sappy without the rest of us!" The other roommate bellowed as he made his appearance, his deep voice set him apart from the rest of the group of friends. The door had been swung open and Chanyeol stormed into the room, crossing his arms and stomping his foot at the sight of the two of them.

"As mature as always I see" Somi's voice was a low mumble, something Chanyeol wasn't used to, so he tried to give her his best smile as he stole a hug from her.

"My favorite friend is back" Chanyeol stood up straight, taking Somi's feet from the ground and shuffling out of the room, showing her off to the rest of the group.

"I thought I was your favorite?" Sehun quipped and Chanyeol put Somi down, letting the others greet her in a calmer matter than he had.

"Well you thought wrong" He slumped down onto the couch next to Sehun and the two stared at each other with Sehun glaring at Chanyeol for his betrayal. Kyungsoo came out of the guest room, shutting the door behind him and shuffling across the carpeted floor to meet everyone else in the living room.

"We still don't fit in here properly" Somi looked around, pulling away from a hug with Yixing to see the familiar sight of ten people trying to fit in a cramped living room that was an average size until all the tall ones entered the space.

"Well there was more room with you gone" Minseok quipped and Somi pointed a finger at him.

"I don't think I forgot about shoving you in the freezer Kim Minseok" She narrowed her eyes at him as a look of offense caught Minseok's features.

"DO IT!" Baekhyun aggressively pumped his fist and Misneok glared at him, getting ready to jump at him for a fight.

"Are you tired?" Kyungsoo put his hands on Somi's shoulders, beckoning for her attention, she turned her head back to look at him, giving it a shake to reassure him.

"Not really, it's just nice to be catching up with everyone" Kyungsoo nodded, sitting down and giving Jongin's feet a shove, scowling at them.

"Your feet bloody stink"

"Yeah well so do you but I don't go complaining about it all the time" Jongin shot back and Kyungsoo's sharp eyes shot up to look at him.

"Have you eaten yet?" Yixing asked and Somi shook her head again.

"Not since breakfast" Yixing waved for her to follow him into the kitchen and when the others saw where they were going they naturally followed them.

"Is it finally lunch time?" Chanyeol stretched his arms over his head as he entered the kitchen and Jongdae sent his elbow into Chanyeol's exposed ribs, making him hunch over and cough at his pain.

"You're the host, entertain your guests better" Jongdae scolded and Chanyeol put a hand out, begging for mercy with a scrunched up face.

"Save me from this horrible life my lord"

------------

Kyungsoo, despite lacking height, he stood tall beside Somi, his eyes steady and the arm over her shoulder was secure, comforting Somi as tears fell. Her uncle stood in front of them smiling sadly as he tried not to let his own tears fall in front of his niece.

"She thought of you as her own daughter Somi, she loved you" His words held a promise and he looked over his shoulder to where a well known couple were sitting, interacting with the rest of the people that were seated at the round table, sharing a morning tea amongst themselves. Somi nodded, wiping away her tears and Kyungsoo gave her a squeeze with the arm he held around her.

"I'm sorry" Her uncle turned back to her with sad eyes and now she shook her head, sparing the briefest glance at the table where her parents were sitting. Kyungsoo looked to, frowning as Mr and Mrs Han hadn't even spared their daughter one glance let alone talked to her throughout the whole service.

"I'm to blame as well, I lost control over the phone so I can understand that they don't want to talk to me after the things I've said to them" Somi looked down at the glass she held in her hand, the apple juice was doing nothing for her, just burdening her hand that she had to hold it with so that her grandmother believed she was eating like everyone else.

"That's the only good thing about the way they raised you Somi," Kyungsoo stepped back as her uncle opened his arms and Somi stepped into them.

"It made you mature and more understanding, but I would like to think that you got that from your aunt" His smile never reached his eyes, it didn't the whole day, but who was Somi to judge that? He had lost his wife, had family in a feud and she wasn't doing any better than him either, so she guessed she understood his pain to an extent.

It came time for her to leave, the service was over and morning tea had gone by with hugs from family members and close family friends, who were all introduced to Kyungsoo. The said male didn't leave her side, putting one cookie by her lips and providing her a soft smile. He held her as she cried through her aunts funeral and he looked out for in case her parents tried to cause her any more trouble, which they didn't, but that may have been because of the warning look he gave them that told them he knew what had happened. Somi approached her uncle one last time, her grandmother on his left and a cousin of hers on his right. They all hugged her, even the cousin she hardly knew and when it was her uncle giving her a final hug, it was tighter than any hug he had given her before.

"You look after yourself and don't be a stranger, understood?" He held her by the shoulders after a long hug and Somi nodded, whispering that she promised. With a pat on the back and a bow that she returned, Somi returned to Kyungsoo's side, taking the arm that he offered her as they left the hall and were met with the cold air outside. Somi shivered, grippi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter