Twelve

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWELVE; IT'S GOTTA GO BOTH WAYS.

"I noticed there a rumor going around the school" A group of five boys looked up from their food to see one of the spellcasters looking down at all of them smugly. With his eyes shutting in a smile, Hyunshik let his teeth be seen as they all looked him over.

"You're talking to us because…?" One of them spoke up and Hyunshik put his palms flat on the table, leaning down to look at the one to speak.

"You're Park Minjun, is that correct?"

"What of it?" Park Minjun gave a single flick of his chin with a sharp tone and Hyunshik only widened his smile.

"I heard you guys got in a fight with the elementist girl and one of the shifters" He got straight to the point and the five boys looked around at each other again.

"So?" Hyunshik made himself comfortable at the table, leaning over the bench so that he could talk to Minjun.

"You see, my friends and I, we don't get along with those shapeshifters" Hyunshik looked around the courtyard, a confident smile on his face when he was once again scanning Minjun's face for a reaction.

"Tell me whatever you can about that fight and those two and I'll do a favor for you, whatever you want" Hyunshik bargained and Minjun's face scrunched up. His hand clenched around his water bottle and none of his friends could look away now.

"What do you want to know about them for?" Minjun refuted with a question.

"I want to know how to take them down once and for all" Hyunshik laughed but no one else on the table found anything to be funny.

"Why are you so against them?" One of them spoke up and the smile dropped from Hyunshik's face.

"That's nothing for you to know" It went quiet again and Hyunshik returned to his conversation with Minjun, having lost his smile for good now.

"What's it gonna be Minjun?"

------------

A month had passed by and when Jooheon noticed this, he couldn't believe it, one whole month of being friends with Somi and she was already as soft as butter towards him, she hardly ever flinched away from his touch anymore. And Jooheon believed that meant they knew each other well now, because Somi said she didn't actually like being touched, but it was mainly just by people she didn't know where she became uncomfortable. It was great, Somi was being nice to Changkyun, who was still kind of shy, especially when Hyunwoo was around, but they were all getting used to each other.

But Somi wasn't at school today, so Jooheon couldn't ask her if she considered Changkyun his friend yet. She hadn't messaged him either, so he was really getting worried.

Jooheon waved goodbye to Changkyun, telling him that he would see him after detention before walking away, taking his phone out of his pocket as he wandered down the hall with his other hand in his pocket, he had no alerts, no snapchats reaching out to him and no messages on facebook from her, telling him where she would be. Jooheon let out a worried breath, his brows pinching as he locked his phone and put it back in his pocket.

"Jooheon" Jooheon snapped back to reality, shaking his head and looking up at the canteen doors he didn't realize he had walked to. Hyunwoo looked at him with a frown of confusion on his face, his eyes trailing up and down over the other males figure. Jooheon straightened up when he noticed this, nodding in Hyunwoo's direction.

"Hello Hyunwoo"

"Where's the element wielder?" Hyunwoo cut to the chase and Jooheon sighed, shrugging his shoulders and looking away.

"I don't know, she didn't come today" He told Hyunwoo who continued to examine him.

"Doesn’t that feel wrong to you?" He questioned and Jooheon gave a turn of his head.

"Well she normally turns up no matter how she's feeling when she wakes up, I can't help but think that maybe something has happened" Jooheon admitted and Hyunwoo didn't know why those words put him on edge.

"Well have you gone and checked at her dorm?" Hyunwoo inquired and Jooheon shook his head.

"No, I was waiting to see if she would come to class"

"Do you know where her dorm is?"

"Yeah, I go there sometimes" Jooheon nodded, shuffling on his feet, his mouth falling open when Hyunwoo stormed away from him.

"Hey is that how you end a conversation?!" He exclaimed and Hyunwoo turned back, not stopping in his steps.

"Are you stupid? We're animals you're meant to follow the gut instinct you're given" Hyunwoo snapped back and Jooheon's eyes widened.

"You mean something could have happened to Somi?" He ran after Hyunwoo who pushed him out the door of the building.

"Hurry up and take us to her dorm room" He snapped and Jooheon continued to run.

------------

The brash knocking on her front door made Somi sit up, looking away from the TV that was playing a documentary about plants, not that she noticed that. She didn't want to get up, or talk to anyone really, so she sat and stared at the door being hit to get her attention.

"Somi, it's me, please let me in if you're there" Jooheon's voice broke out in a panic and Somi let in a deep breath, not believing that Jooheon would have turned up to her dorm to look for her.

"Somi!" She moved on the couch, pushing her blanket aside and ignoring when the remote dropped to the floor. She shuffled over to the door and unlocked it, pulling it open so that Jooheon could see her.

"Somi" Jooheon breathed out, his face falling when he saw the state she was in. Somi blinked, looking between Jooheon and Hyunwoo, staring back at them.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked them and Jooheon put his hand on the wooden door, pushing it back and making Somi show herself.

"You weren't at school and you never miss school Somi, not even when you had to sit through detention every day for two weeks. What's happened?" Somi stepped back, opening the door the rest of the way herself and making room for the two of them to enter.

"I just cleaned the floors so take your shoes off this time" Somi walked back to the living room, gloom following her like a shadow and Hyunwoo shared a look with Jooheon.

"We should have checked on her sooner"

"I know, like I said I was hoping she would show up" They followed her inside, taking their shoes off like they were told to, Hyunwoo turned back to close the door before shuffling into the small joint living room and kitchen after Jooheon. Somi was sitting on the couch again, wrapped in a blanket and staring through the television. Jooheon tentatively sat beside her, moving the blanket around and looking at her. Hyunwoo stood, his arms crossed over his chest, unsure of what to do.

"Somi" Jooheon put a hand out, resting it on her knee and Somi turned to look at him. Hyunwoo picked up the remote that had been abandoned, sitting it on the coffee table and stepping back again.

"Why didn't you come to school today?" Somi sighed, looking down and biting on her lip.

"She's my aunt, I need to go to her funeral mum" There were tears running down Somi's cheeks, her lips quivering as she tried to take breaths in through her sobs.

"I'm sorry Somi, we won't make it in time if we come and get you, and then none of us will be there for it" Mrs Han muttered in response and Somi wanted to scream at the one who brought her into this world.

"So that's it? You won't come any earlier to take me and just leave me here to grieve on my own?" Mrs Han sighed through the phone before she answered.

"Somi you have to realize I'm hurting too, this is my sister we're talking about!"

"Yeah well so am I mum. You knew I was always as close to her as I was to you"

"Don't you play that card with me Somi, I'm in enough pain as it is right now, I have to help with planning the funeral so I have no time for hissy fits from you" Somi let out a bitter laugh at her mothers tone, not believing the conversation she was having with her.

"Oh my god, I can't believe this, my very own mother, I should have known you didn't care when you never answered my calls or messages, you haven't been there since I got on that damn bus to bring me to this hole. Same with d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter