Eleven

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER ELEVEN; STUPID.

"Somi!" Jooheon exclaimed, making his presence known to the girl who was sat with Hyunwoo silently sitting beside her, still keeping a distance between them.

"Oh, there you are Jooheon" Somi looked up in relief, but it quickly dissolved and confusion formed when she saw who was nervously accompanying Jooheon.

"This," Jooheon waved his free arm to the familiar looking boy as he sat his tray of food down.

"Is Im Changkyun. And Somi"Jooheon purched himself over the table dragging out the 'mi' of Somi's name as he put his face between his cupped hands, giving Somi a charming smile and pleading eyes.

"He wants to be our friend" He explained and Somi blinked, what did Jooheon think he was doing? The air became tense with a darkly uncomfortable vibe that Jooheon noticed immediately.

"Please say yes, he's so chill and so nice and I would like a second friend" Jooheon whispered, pleading with his first friend and Somi blinked.

"You have every right to more than one friend Jooheon, don’t let me stop you" She breathed out and Jooheon pouted.

"But I want him to be your friend too, please Somi please, another friend will be a good thing for us. Think of how mean it'll be for you to say no to him" Jooheon continued to whisper. There was a long silent pause where Hyunwoo slurped on his energy drink and Somi and Jooheon stared each other down, Chankgyun twitched nervously behind Jooheon and Hyunwoo watched the situation, not contributing to anything.

"I already have a friend Jooheon, that is you" Somi warned in a tone that only the two of them could hear and Jooheon nodded.

"But now you could have two, even three" Jooheon made eye contact with Hyunwoo, getting scared upon realizing the other male had been watching them and probably listening.

"Somi, please" Jooheon pleaded again and Somi leaned back.

"I'll see if I warm up to him" She concluded so that Jooheon would back away. Jooheon grinned, standing up and grabbing Changkyun, scaring the poor soul further.

"She said yes, you're our friend now welcome to the club sit down and get comfortable and don't let your food get cold" He rushed out, pushing Changkyun down into the seat beside his own and in front of Hyunwoo's.

"Hi" Changkyun awkwardly nodded in Hyunwoo's direction and Hyunwoo lifted his brows, sipping on his drink. Changkyun looked away, his eyes wide and terrified.

"Yo monkey boy" He looked up, stunned as he made eye contact with Somi.

"How much noise do you make during the day?" Somi asked and Changkyun felt confusion being added to his nerves.

"Not a lot" He muttered, he didn't see how the question mattered, but Somi nodded, reaching for a hot chip on her tray.

"We'll see how that goes" She gave a tight lipped smile that eased Changkyun by the smallest amount.

"Ok" He nodded, looking down at his own lunch.

------------

"Will you two just shut up?" Somi seethed, glaring at the spellcaster on her left and the shapeshifter on her right. The argument came to a halt when the pair heard how aggressive the girls tone was this time and they stared at her.

"How bloody hard is it for you to just stay away from me if you don't wanna be near me? Huh? Same goes for you two. How damn difficult would it freaking be for you to not argue with each other and actually keep distance between yourselves if you hate each other so god damn much? Anyone would think I'm stuck between an arguing married couple every time I come in here! You're both a pain in the " Somi scowled, she dropped the weight she had been lifting, not caring to put it away properly as she snarled, grabbing her water bottle and marching to the lockers where she ripped her bag out and over her shoulder to continue marching out of the gym.

"Oh, done with your session already?"

"I'm done with everything at the moment Hyunwoo" Somi waved her arms over her head, marching down the hall and out the doors to head back to her dorm. Somi unlocked her door, swinging it shut behind her and locking it again as she dumped the bag that was hanging over her shoulder onto her bed, going straight to her bathroom with a huff. She growled to herself when she realized that she had forgotten her phone and went back to her disregarded bag, ping it and shuffling the things around inside the bag until she found her phone.

"About damn time" She grumbled, going back to the bathroom for the second time, shutting the door and turning on the water, letting it steam the room up and fog the mirror as she found her favorite playlist. She entered the shower, her shoulders slacking and her muscles becoming relaxed under the warm water, her thoughts of anger and distaste to the males raiding the gym disappearing as she reached for her favorite lemon scented body wash to wash away the sweat on her body.

------------

"You!" Jooheon exclaimed, he seemed to have a knack for running into people in the halls and Jooheon wasn't against it, he had no problem with confrontation. But Kihyun ignored him so Jooheon flew down the hall, grabbing Kihyun by his bag and yanking him back. Kihyun hissed, swiping and grabbing Jooheon by his collar and the two pushed each other around, bumping into the walls and crashing into a bin as they snarled and hissed at each other.

"Why have you been ignoring us?" Jooheon grabbed Kihyun's throat, using force to push Kihyun away from him.

"What's it matter to you? You aren't anything important to me" Kihyun coughed, his back colliding with the wall again as he burned Jooheon with his stare.

"Because first you wouldn't leave Somi alone and now you won't even look at her" Jooheon snapped and Kihyun snorted.

"That's all this is about? That's nothing Jooheon" Kihyun pushed himself away from the wall and adjusted his scrunched up uniform.

"Well, then why the sudden change? You had no problem with following her around in gym for those past few weeks"

"She was new and the only wielder, curiosity, that's all it was Jooheon" Kihyun stated, his hands shoved in his pockets as he turned his back on Jooheon and began his treck away from the annoying male.

"Seriously are you and Minhyuk worthy of confinement? Why worry so much about the new kid if you weren't going to care for her in the first place?"

"Because, I wanted to see if she was interesting, turns out she's just some arrogant kid that got in the way of a fight. She's not worth my interest so I'm finding something that is" Kihyun shrugged.

"Well if you feed off of curiosity so much aren't you curious about how she would be as a friend?" Jooheon argued, ignoring how he spoke of Somi for the moment, Kihyun stopped in his step, halting and looking over his shoulder at Jooheon now that something else to investigate was mentioned that he had never thought of.

"Wouldn't that be interesting? And if she's a good one, you would have a good friendship to stick with, who knows what sort of things you could discover" Jooheon continued to prompt him and after several seconds of just staring at the eager male, Kihyun continued on his way.

"I look forward to seeing you pull through!" Jooheon cupped his mouth, shouting out to Kihyun who ignored him.

Jooheon his heel, heading in the opposite direction and back to the canteen, forgetting he had needed to use the bathroom. He hummed to himself, not at all shocked when he rounded the corner to find Hyungwon leaning against the wall. He ignored him, shoving his hands in his pockets and fishing for his phone. Hyungwon scoffed though, crossing his arms over his chest and using his foot to push himself away from the wall.

"That was quite interesting to listen to" Jooheon looked up as Hyungwon circled him to stand in front of him, a lazy smile on his face.

"Honestly Jooheon, why are you so determined to make friends for Somi? She's a grown girl, let her do it on her own"

"I just want her to have people she can rely on" Jooheon muttered and Hyungwon chortled, Jooheon didn't like the air that surrounded them, it was tense and made him feel like he was in the wrong somehow here.

"Are you sure that's not just an excuse to finally have a group to call your pack? This isn't the first time you've expressed your need for a pack Jooheon" Hyungwon strolled around Jooheon again, humming as he looked at the ceiling.

"I remember how bright and naive you were when you first got here, it must have hurt that no one wanted you as a friend huh? Part of life I guess" Hyungwon shrugged and Jooheon followed him with his eyes that darkened in anger.

"This isn't about me" Jooheon spoke in an even tone, one that made Hyungwon stop in his place to look at him with a smile, as he if wanted to act like he believed Jooheon.

"Oh, you're not doing this for yourself? Then why Jooheon?" There was a long silent pause where Jooheon didn't speak because h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter