-END-

The Seed Of Love

Image result for bts rm with flower crown

Hanahaki Disease: The seed of love, planted in your lungs. A beautiful yet cruel disease, in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. Flowers might come out as a whole and even have thorns. Hence, victim’s throat would bleed in the process of coughing out. The flowers bloom from their lungs, hence, the victim would suffer from short of breath. If the victim doesn’t do anything, the flowers would keep blooming in the victim’s lungs until there is no more space. It only ends when the other party returns their feelings to you, or when the victim eventually dies from suffocation. It can be cured through surgical removal, by removing the seed of love in the lungs. But when the procedures are done, the victim’s feelings will be removed as well. Hence, the victim could never fall in love again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the guys gathered in your house for movie night. It was a monthly routine that all of you had come up with. No matter how busy any of you were, you would take the time off for a movie night over at your place. All of you grew up together, since all of your parents are friends. Since young, you would always hang out with them. Your parents would always put all of you in the same play pan with your brothers as well (Jin & Ji Min). You remember when you were 5, when you first met all of them. Playing in the play pan within yourself, when there came 2 more guys being set down with both of you. One who look very much like a puppy (Tae Hyung) And another who look very much like a rabbit (Jung Kook). You remember their parents introducing them to the 3 of you. While your bothers and you continued playing with the both bothers that was just introduced to you. But not even 15 minutes in, 2 more guys are being set down by their parents. Introducing you to a very bright looking boy (Ho Seok) first, then his skinny and fair cousin (Yoongi). Next came, a little boy who caught your eyes. The way he smiled until his eyes became a line, caught your heart. (Nam Joon). All of you went to the same middle school and high school together. And obviously all of you got very close with one another. Because of the numerous times, all of you had gather together at either any of your places, growing up. Thanks to your parents. Not that you're complaining.

All of you click well together, doing silly and embarrassing stuff. Not even caring about how others looked at all of you. All of them were like your own brother. Treating you like you’re their little sister. And being all overprotective of you. But as you grew up, Nam Joon was the one that you’re closest to. Apart from your brothers. Maybe because, he was more gentle to you compared to the other guys. Even though he broke everything he touch. You’re glad he didn’t break you in the process. He didn’t mind painting your nails for you growing up and playing with your soft toys with you. Unlike the rest of them that refuses to even touch your toys at all cost. You remember him letting you paint his nails and do anything that you want to him. Tying his hair and even making him wear your dress. It was fun and growing up, you knew he always held a part of your heart. But you didn’t know what it meant, until now. 12 years later.

The lights were off in your room, and the only thing that was emitting light was the screen infront of all of you. Playing the movie all of you had picked to watch. All of them gathered on the floor in your room, where you had set up some sleeping bags and pillows. One of your leg rested on top of Jin’s leg, while the other one was resting on Ji Min’s stomach. While you lay your head on Nam Joon’s thigh. 3 of them were back leaning against the wall, while the rest of the 4 guys scattered all around infront of you on the floor. Getting sleepy, as Nam Joon had his hand on your shoulder, your hair constantly. The screen infront of you got blur-er, as your eyes started to feel a lot heavier than before. But, before you could take your last heavy blink, drifting off to your sleep. You felt a tickle at the back of your throat. Making you shot up of Nam Joon’s leg, running to the toilet just a few feet away. Feeling like you’re going to puke. Making everyone shot up looking at you shocked, as you ran for the toilet.

Not even bothering closing the door. Instantly reaching the toilet seat, kneeling down. You started to cough up a storm. And when you open your eyes up to see what was in the toilet bowl. You got a shocked out of your life. White and pink flower petals were scattered all around, even on the floor. Staring at it shocked, your face loses it’s colour. As you looked at the flowers you had cough out. While the guys were standing outside the door looking at you, even more shocked. Nam Joon walked in the restroom, squatting down beside you as he took the flowers up in his hand observing it. It was only until he spoke up, you snap out of your state.

 

Nam Joon: Gardenias, secret love. Tulip, one sided/unrequited love.

 

You turned your head looking at him, with tears in your eyes as you locked your eyes with him. Looking at him for help. Not knowing what to do. He knew what you were thinking, with just one look from your eyes. As he hugged you close to him tightly. He ran his hands up and down your back, trying to calm you down. Lost in your own thoughts, you can’t believe this was actually happening to you. You knew what was going on. Because you had seen it on the net. People suffering from the same disease was spread across the net. Because it was a rare disease, that took the world by storm.

 

Nam Joon: It’s okay. Everything is going to be alright. Just tell me who’s the guy.

Y/N: I…. I….I

Nam Joon: It’s okay Y/N. Calm down. I’m here.

Y/N: I can’t….

Jin: What do you mean by you can’t?! Y/N just say it!

Jung Kook: Jin, you’re scaring her.

Ji Min: Y/N, it’s okay. You can tell us.

Ho Seok: We’re here for you.

Y/N: I…. No….

Yoongi: Don’t force it out of her.

Nam Joon: Not even me?

Y/N: …..

Tae Hyung: Joon, let it go for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first few weeks was bad. Reading from the net. You know you’re still in the early stage as, flowers you cough up are still manageable. Unless Nam Joon decided to show his face to you. You would have cough up a storm right then. The boys knew it was one of them, because you would only start coughing up flowers when they were over at yours. But you still refused to let them know who it was. Even when Jin and Ji Min broke in to tears, begging you to tell them, at least. Because they want to help you and they didn’t want to lose their precious sister.

Three weeks in, as you lay on your bed, feeling a little weaker when the boys are over at yours again. Because you cough up a storm. You told them you’re taking a quick nap, going in to your room snuggling up in the warms of your sheets. Before you manage to drift off to sleep completely, you heard the door creek open. Knowing one of the guys came to check on your condition. Not even intending to open your eyes as it felt like it weights a ton. You just lay on your bed all snuggled up going back to sleep. As the presence, took a few steps in to your room. Shutting the door behind him. You caught a whiff of his cologne and started to feel a tickle at the back of your throat. Shooting up from your bed, you ran to your bathroom coughing up flowers again.

But this time, it was worse than all the cough you had. You could feel the flowers coming out as a whole. Coming out of your throat as it scratches your throat along with it. It was painful and torturous. As you tasted blood on the back of your tongue. While your throat began to hurt and sore. Finally coughing out a whole flower, the thorns were covered in your blood. You looked bewildered. Knowing that, this was the last few stages of the diseases. Kneeling on your knees. You felt your head spinning, as you felt a hand going up and down you back, trying to relieve the pain. Without even looking back at the person face, you knew it was Nam Joon. From the moment he steps in to your room. He looked at the flower you coughed up again, covered in blood.

 

Nam Joon: Lavender rose, eagerness to grow your relationship.

Y/N: Jo…on

Nam Joon: Don’t talk. Your throat is bleeding.

 

With that he stood up, walking away, out of your room. Coming back, with a glass of ice cold milk in his hand. Handling it to you, as you took small sips of it. Helping you up from the floor, he guides you back on to your bed again. Getting on, on the other side as well. Hugging you close to him, bringing you to his chest. While you fight the urge of cough up another storm again. He caressed your back, distracting you from the urge. As he tucked you in bed. Drifting off to sleep, in his arms awhile later, after hearing what he said to you.

 

Nam Joon: I know you’ve not been sleeping well these days. Please get some rest Y/N.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few more weeks in and you were experiencing even more pain than you had the past few weeks. As you felt even more breathless, coughing up a storm, one after another. All the guys were practically begging you to get the surgery done. But you refused to do it, because you would rather die loving someone then live with not having to feel love anymore. You know you’re out of your mind, but you didn’t care. Everyone was practically screaming and pleading you, because it was a life and death decision to make. But they couldn’t do anything to persuade you. Making all of them go crazy and breaking down in tears. Watching you grow weaker and weaker by the day. Until you can’t even get out of your bed. They know that your time was almost up.

Lying on your bed, feeling breathless. The guys were over at your place again. As they seated on the floor of your room. Looking at you, trying not to cry, holding their tears back. Because they didn’t know how much longer you have. You felt a tickle back on your throat, but you’re too weak to even cough it out. Seeing you struggle, all of them shot up to their feet looking at you worried. As you looked at Nam Joon, tightening his grip that was holding on to your hand. You tried to voice it out.

 

Y/N: J…o..on I…..can’t….brea..the. //As your felt your eye lids getting heavier//

Nam Joon: //Looking at you shocked// No No No. Y/N! Don’t you dare sleep on me!!

Y/N: //Closing your eyes slowly//

Nam Joon: //Tears streaming down his face. As the grip on your hand tightens even more. Trying to shake you awake// NO Y/N!!! YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!!! Y/N!! NO!!! YOU CAN’T DIE ON ME!!! NO! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU PLANTED THE SEED OF LOVE IN ME!!! YOU CAN’T DIE FOR ANOTHER GUY WHEN I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU! PLEASE!!!!

 

Pulling you up to him, hugging you tightly against his chest as he cried out loud. Telling you not to die on him. While the other were sobbing away looking at your lifeless body. Pulling out of the hug, he kisses you lightly on the lips. While tears couldn’t stop flowing down his cheek. Placing his forehead to yours. He whispered on your lips.

 

Nam Joon: Please…… I love you Y/N… I need you…

 

Getting too emotional, he tightens his arms around you again. Not wanting to believe that you’re gone. Draping his head on the nape of your neck. As he continued his sob fest with the other guys around you. He started to cough up a storm himself. Coughing out an Ambrosia flower (Mutual Love). Too caught up in coughing, as he tightens his arm around you with every cough. Not even noticing that, the colour of your face came back to you. As you tried to pry the sobbing and coughing Nam Joon that was hugging you too tightly to him. That was crushing you with his arms around you with all his might. Which might actually be the cause of you taking your last breath.

 

Y/N: Joon! You might actually destroy me for good this time, if you continued to crush me with your arms.

 

Making everyone shot up their head up looking at you. You swear if you’re not trying to catch your breath from the arms crushing you. You would have laugh out loud looking at all of their half sobbing, half shocked faces. They looked ridiculous, if you must say. Tears and snort mixed up on all of their face, you can’t even tell it apart. All of their jaws fell open as they look at you not knowing what was going on. Thinking didn’t you just died on them, just a few minutes ago. How are you still here alive and kicking?

 

Y/N: What? No welcome back? When I just practically came back from the gates of hell?

 

Making everyone piled on you instantly on your bed. Bringing you in to a bone crashing hug by all of them. Making all of them laugh at what you said next. While they pulled out of the hug one by one.

 

Y/N: GUYS! HELLOOO!!! ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME INSTEAD!!!

Jin: But how?

Y/N: What do you mean how?

Ji Min: How are you still alive?

Y/N: What? You want your sister dead?

Ho Seok: No No No. Never again.

Y/N: Isn’t it obvious

Yoongi: It’s Nam Joon isn’t it

Y/N: For once I’ll acknowledge you as a genius. God enlighten them.

Jung Kook: But didn’t Nam Joon say that he had the disease as well?

Tae Hyung: How did we not notice it?

Nam Joon: Funny story.

Yoongi: I guess we’re too busy worrying about Y/N to even notice Nam Joon was coughing out flowers himself.

Tae Hyung: WAIT! So, you’re telling me that both of them had been in love with each other all this time? Since when?

Y/N: Since the day he let me tie his hair and put a dress on him.

Nam Joon: Since the day I let her paint my nail.

Y/N & Nam Joon: //Chucking//

Nam Joon: I love you

Y/N: I love you too

Nam Joon: //Enveloping you in a hug, placing a kiss on your cheek//

Jin & Ji Min: Ewww… We’re still here you know.

Y/N: The door out of my room is just there. Help yourself to it.

Ho Seok & Tae Hyung: BURNNNNNN!!!

Jung Kook: Please apply cold water to burned area.

Yoongi: Guys. Enough.

 

It wasn’t all about catching feelings for the other party. But realising they’ve been there all along.