hold me

colors | seungjin

"hey hyunjin, can you describe how you look like for me?" seungmin suddenly asks in the middle of their meet up session one day. it's been a little over a week now, and neither of them have become tired of each other yet. 

hyunjin ponders at the question for awhile before attempting to answer.

"how i look like? well, i look okay, i guess. a bit above average maybe?" he brags, making seungmin laugh.

"i think it's the opposite." seungmin comments. hyunjin scoffs jokingly.

"oh please, you could already tell from my voice alone that i'm attractive as hell."

seungmin laughs again so he continues.

"anyway, i have dark brown hair and thick lips that are almost always pink. my eyes are small but not that small while my lips are pretty thick. i think, and i know it's true, that my nose looks very good. also, i'm tall, by the way, and i look good in everything." he finishes.

seungmin snorts. "i asked you to describe yourself for me, not to exaggerate everything."

hyunjin pouted. "there wasn't any exaggeration, though. everything i said is true."

"alright, whatever floats your boat."

hyunjin huffs before suddenly blurting out a question, catching seungmin completely off guard.

"why does chan hyung rarely accompany you here anymore? he only drops you off and picks you up nowadays." hyunjin suddenly asks. the question makes seungmin hesitate a little before answering but he doesn't see it.

"uh- he's been busy these days. got a new job and such."

hyunjin nods understandingly. "that must be so tiring."

"yeah, i guess." seungmin mutters quietly.

"oh!" out of nowhere, hyunjin suddenly exclaimed.

"how about I walk you home today? since chan hyung is busy and all that jazz." hyunjin sounds very excited and though seungmin couldn't see, he could tell that hyunjin is probably looking very much like a bright sun at this very moment (but then again, who is he trying to fool, he's never even seen the sun before).

"sure, if you don't mind having to guide me all the way through........" seungmin's voice trails off as he becomes aware of the burden he would be if hyunjin decides to walk with him.

hyunjin clicks his tongue in mock-annoyance.

"that will be my concern. plus, i'll get to hold your hand all the way there, so that's an advantage, isn't it?" he answers, a teasing tone in his voice.

seungmin looks down as heat spreads across his face. hyunjin grins and stands up, taking the other boy's hand in his and pulling him up, so they're standing face to face.

"let's go! wouldn't want to keep your mum waiting, would we? and if i'm lucky, your mum might even invite me in for some tea."

hyunjin hums softly as they walk, hands intertwined.

about fifteen minutes later, both stand in front of seungmin's house. still not letting go of his hand, hyunjin steps forward and rings the doorbell. almost instantly, the door opens, revealing the sight of a middle-aged woman who looks very similar to seungmin. hyunjin assumes it's his mum.

"hello, mrs. kim. i've brought seungmin home since i heard that chan hyung is busy nowadays." he greets.

seungmin's mum smiles warmly. "please, just call me auntie. hyunjin, aren't you? seungmin here rarely ever stops talking about you to me and his friends!"

her little exposé causes seungmin's ears immediately turn red. hyunjin turns to look at him in a mixture of both surprise and amusement.

"really? you talked about me?"

seungmin groans in embarrassment. as if she just remembers, seungmin's mum exclaims, "oh my, how forgetful of me! come in and have some tea, hyunjin!"

with his mum's suggestion, seungmin knows it's time for the abort mission.

"it's okay, mum. hyunjin is just leavin-" his master plan is burnt down to the ground when hyunjin opens his mouth and happily says,

"oh, that's a great idea! i love tea!"

as mentioned above, seungmin's master plan to kick hyunjin out is burnt down to the ground when the other boy decides to open his mouth. which leads to them now lounging in his room, with seungmin sitting on his bed while hyunjin
is occupying the swivel chair in front of his desk.

the plate of cookies and cups of tea are empty as hyunjin had devoured everything awhile ago. so now they're just sitting in silence as hyunjin continuously swivels around in the chair.

after the awhile, the swiveling stops, and seungmin figures he's probably looking at him when hyunjin suddenly asks,

"hey seungmin, have you ever been kissed before?"

his question causes seungmin to almost choke on his own spit, but he plays it cool and answers in the most normal and most unaffected voice.

"that's ridiculous, hyunjin. who would ever kiss a blind person like me?"

his answer makes hyunjin feel like someone just grabbed a fistful of his heart and squeezed it.

"i would." he whispers.

seungmin looks confused. "huh?"

hyunjin bites his lower lip and stands up before climbing onto the bed, the mattress dipping as he settles down next to seungmin.

"i said i would kiss you. whether or not you can see, i would kiss you." he leans in a little closer and though seungmin couldn't see, the hot breath against his face indicated that they're indeed very close. his breath hitches as their forehead touch.

"hyunjin...." his voice wavers as it comes out, exhilarated from the tension between the two of them. his head tilts slightly as hyunjin gets impossibly closer and their lips come into contact with each other.

they kiss and the world melts away somehow. it feels soft and nice. like a chilly day in october, like the wind that blows your hair back or like cold, gentle breeze that makes you feel tingly inside. hyunjin gently caresses seungmin's cheek as their breaths mingle. their lips never part as his arms encircle around seungmin's waist, pulling him in until there's no space left between them.

euphoric warmth radiates from where their lips touch, slowing spreading through the rest of his entire body. seungmin could feel how hard hyunjin's heart is beating against his chest. it feels nice to know that he has that kind of effect on the other boy, too.

with one arm still on seungmin's waist, hyunjin reaches out his other arm and takes seungmin's hand in his, lacing their fingers together.

they break away for air awhile later. a smile makes its face to seungmin's face as they both hold tightly onto their intertwined hands.

---

another fun fact; I actually googled how to describe a kiss too for this part hahahahahahhhhhhhh