Does she love me?

Help, My Girlfriend's a Bear

A/N: Hi everyone, sorry it’s been awhile. I’ve been trying to complete some of my other ongoing fics, but I haven’t forgotten about this fic. I hope you guys continue to enjoy this, because it’s a lot of fun for me writing.


 

Joohyun found herself nervously pacing outside of the room, while Joy had taken Seulgi inside. Yeri looks bored at the human who continues pacing. She doesn’t know why the human is freaking out. Joy is really good at healing and she will take care of Seulgi.

 

“Are you going to be done anytime soon?” Yeri wonders.

 

The raven turns to look at Yeri. How is she not more worried about the situation? Joohyun knows when she saw Seulgi pass out and wasn’t responding. The level of fear was certainly present. Seulgi hadn’t woken up from the time she passed out and is still not conscious.

 

“How are you not more worried?” Joohyun asks.

 

Yeri shrugs. She’s not worried because she knows Joy. The woman is a talented witch, and more than that. Joy wouldn’t let anything happen to Seulgi. The witch has been her friend since the shapeshifter was a teenager. The vampire has also personally known Joy a very long time. The redhead is a very caring and protective person over those she loves.

 

“Joy’s a good witch. She knows a lot of healing spells, and she would make sure that Seul’s okay. You don’t have to worry about that, so sit down and try to relax.”

 

Yeri sounds sure, and Joohyun does sit. It doesn’t make her feel any less nervous. It’s not like Seulgi can talk to her and let her know that she’s okay. Joohyun can’t get the image of her girlfriend collapsing out of her mind either.

 

“Seul, please be okay.”

 

Inside the room Joy has been casting practically healing spell she knows, and nothing seemed to be wrong, at least nothing physical. The redhead wonders if whatever exchange shared between Seulgi and Seungwan is the cause of this sudden comatose state. She remembers that the mermaid seemed out of it too after whatever mind meld she conducted.

 

“Seul, what is going on?” Joy wonders while tapping her fingers against the nightstand. All of her vital signs are perfect, so there’s nothing medically wrong with Seulgi whatsoever. The shapeshifter just doesn’t seem to be waking up in anyway.

 

“Okay, I’ll perform one of the strongest healing spells I know.”

 

Joy waves her hand over Seulgi. There’s a mix of white and pink magics pouring from her fingertips and covering the sleeping bear’s body like a mist. Joy waits several long minutes and breathes in relief when she sees those familiar eyes opening.

 

“Seul, hey. Are you okay little buddy?”

 

“What happened, Joy?” Seulgi yawns out. She feels like she’s just woken up from one long nap.

 

“Don’t you remember?”

 

“No, we were talking to Seungwan, right? I don’t remember anything else.”

 

“Okay, don’t worry. The thing that matters most is that you’re awake now. Do you need to rest some more, or do you want to talk to Joohyun?”

 

Seulgi does want to talk to Joohyun, but at the same time she’s still feeling tired for some odd reason.

 

“I’m still tired. Can you please tell Joohyun that I’m fine?”

 

“Sure.” The witch nods. “Try to get some more rest.” Joy tucks her into bed, and feels glad that the spell worked. When she exits the room both Joohyun and Yeri turn to look at her.

 

“Joy what happened? Is Seulgi okay?” The raven wonders first.

 

“We must kill the fish!” Yeri declares with fangs bared. The vampire just knows it’s the fish’s fault somehow.

 

“Sweetie, you’re going to have to calm down. I don’t think it was Seungwan’s fault. I think whatever magic she used to search for the problem might have been too much for Seulgi to handle.”

 

Yeri rolls her eyes, sure the explanation makes sense. Yeri will still stay on her guard when it comes to the mermaid. She will never forget their first encounter with Seungwan.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joy asked her to join her for a week long cruise. Yeri tried her best to run, hide, and even leave town. The witch found her no matter where she hid leaving the vampire with little choice. Yeri gave up eventually and went with Joy on the trip, much to the excitement of the taller woman. It’s why she now is stuck on this luxurious boat ride with Joy. The witch seemed excited as she socialized, drank tons of wine, and ate so much chicken Yeri was sure she would turn into one somehow. Yeri watched over her mostly from the shadows. She thought she would be safer there until Joy found her.

 

“Yerimie, why are you hiding over here?” The redhead throws her arms around the vampire.

 

“Get off of me, Joy!” The vampire complains.

 

“No, why won’t you love me already!”

 

“If you don’t get off…” Yeri doesn’t say more because all of a sudden the ship crashes into another.

 

“Oh my god! We’re on the titanic and we’re going to die!” Joy wraps her arms around Yeri even tighter.

 

“Shut up, you drunk idiot. We’re not going to die.” The vampire smacks her across the face. “We can probably swim for it.”

 

“Come with me. I can help you.” They hear a voice call out, and look to see a dark-haired woman in the water. The very second they see a tail Yeri freaks out.

 

“I’m not going anywhere with a talking fish!”

 

“I am not a fish!” The woman screams so loudly that both Joy and Yeri fall down on the ships already damaged surface.

 

“She’s loud too!”

 

“Come on, Yerimie. We better follow her.”

 

“What…” Yeri complains, but gets thrown overboard by Joy who flings them both over. The mermaid does actually help them get to a safe place.

 

“You’re safe now.” The dark-haired woman tells them.

 

“Oh my god, will you shut up!” Yeri covers her ears. “What kind of fish are you?”

 

“I am not a fish! I am a mermaid, a mermaid!” She repeats.

 

“What my precious Yerimie means to say is, thank you, um….” Joy pauses as she doesn’t know the mermaid’s name.

 

“Hi, my name is Seungwan.” She says cheerfully.

 

“A siren.” The witch thinks to herself, as she covers her ears. Yeri looks like she is about to pass out, which shouldn’t be happening because she’s a vampire.

 

“Joy, kill me please.”

 

“You’re already dead, honey.”

 

(End)


 

Yeri snaps out of her thoughts when she hears Joy calling her name.

 

“What!”

 

“Wake up, Yerimie. Didn’t you hear me talking?”

 

“No, I wasn’t listening. What did you say?”

 

The redhead sighs. How come it feels like Yeri doesn’t ever listen to her, even after all these years?

 

“I said that Seul is fine, and she’s just resting now.”

 

“Oh, thank god.” Joohyun breathes. She asks Joy if she can go sit with her. The witch tells her it’s fine, but she needs to let Seulgi rest.

 

“I’ll set you on fire if you wake her up before she’s ready!”

 

Joohyun has no idea if she’s kidding or not, and she doesn’t want to find out. The raven hurries into the bedroom where Seulgi is sleeping. Now that she knows Joy is a witch. She certainly is much more scared of her. Joohyun spots Seulgi fast asleep in bed. Seulgi is so tiny in that big bed and can almost be swallowed up by the blankets. Joohyun is just grateful that Seulgi is okay. The raven settles down as she sees the rise and fall of her girlfriend’s chest.

 

“I’m glad you’re not hurt.”

 

Joohyun reaches over for one of Seulgi’s paws and holds the warm paw in her hand. This entire time she’s been scared of Seulgi, but there’s no reason to be. Her girlfriend might be a shapeshifter, but she’s still Seulgi. At the same time Joohyun is still a bit shaken up because she saw her girlfriend fall out of her arms and pass out.

 

“I love you, Seul.” She whispers to the small bear and actually goes to lay down besides her. It’s the first time in awhile that she’s not scared. Joohyun just wants to be with Seulgi and help her find out what’s going on with her. She gives the paw a gentle squeeze. Hopefully Seulgi wakes up soon after she has a good rest. Meanwhile, Sooyoung is busy ordering takeout because they’ve got to eat something, well not Yeri because she shouldn’t be hungry.

 

“Yes, hi I’m going to need oh, let’s see…” The redhead looks through the menu. “40 to 50 boxes of shrimp stir fry, 30 or so orders of chicken wings, about a few gallons of soda.”

 

Yeri looks at her from the corner of the room that she’s sitting in and can’t believe how much food the witch is ordering. She doesn’t understand how it is they can all eat so much. When Joy finally finishes her long order Yeri feels like she can take a breath, that is if she had a breath to take.

 

“Why do you need all this food!” The vampire demands to know.

 

“It’s not all for me!” Joy shouts back. “Seul will probably eat half of this food by herself.”

 

“Oh,” the dirty blonde nods. “You’re right. Anyway, I’m going out.”

 

“What, where are you going?”

 

“Out!” Yeri tells her as she transforms into a bat. Joy follows her outside.

 

“Wait, sweetie? Will you be home before too dark? Yerimie, get your winged back here!”

 

Joy sighs as the vampire disappears entirely. The redhead groans and shakes her head. She has almost no idea why she loves that girl, but god help her she loves her.

 

“Vampy, why won’t you just love me already.” Joy doesn’t understand. She’s a highly desirable witch. Every month she makes the most eligible witches magazine, and gets asked out all the time. Joy has turned down many people over the centuries, and the person she loves is an even older vampire who doesn’t seem to notice her love.

 

“I need to finish my love potion!” She decides and goes to her lab. She will make the strongest love potion to end all love potions. Seulgi wakes up an hour later to find something in the bed with her. She looks to see the sleeping form of her girlfriend and proceeds to growl out a scream. What in the world is Joohyun doing here? Seulgi falls out of bed and onto the floor with a loud thud. The sound startles Joohyun awake and she goes to pick up her girlfriend.

 

“Seul, are you okay?”

 

“Why are you holding me? Why are you doing this!” Seulgi is terrified because she thinks it’s a dream. The last time she checked Joohyun was scared of her, and would not be caught holding her at all. She is sure it’s a dream and so Seulgi runs out the door in panic.

 

“Seul, wait baby. Where are you going?”

 

Seulgi doesn’t look back and just keeps running. This has to be a dream because Joohyun is scared of her. The small bear runs into Joy who spills her love potion on the floor.

 

“What in the !” The redhead screams and looks to see Seulgi sitting in her lap. “Seul, what in the hell is wrong with you?”

 

“Joy! Hyunnie held me, and now I’m scared. I’m dreaming right?”

 

Joy places her hand to and silences her. She doesn’t know what Seulgi is rambling on about, but she is pissed her love potion is ruined.

 

“Hey now, what about my love potion?”

 

“Love potion?” The small bear says in confusion.

 

“I need my Vampy to love me, Seul.” She wails and engulfs Seulgi in a hug, and the bear is just confused and more scared. Joohyun catches up to see the sight of the witch crying on the bear, and it just looks ridiculous.

 

“Seul, why did you run away? I just wanted to see if you were hurt?”

 

Seulgi’s eyes snap up onto her girlfriend and she takes off again. Joy is confused now, and naturally thinks Joohyun must to be blamed for something or another.

 

“What did you do to her?”

 

“I didn’t do anything. I just wanted to hold her.”

 

“Wait a damn minute.” Joy holds her hand out to stop her from talking any further. “You mean to tell me that you all of a sudden wanted to hold her, and you’ve been terrified of her for all this time, am I getting this right?”

 

“Well, when you put it that way.” Joohyun frowns some. Joy facepalms and then waves her hand over Joohyun. The action sends her straight to the couch and she tells the human to wait.

 

“I’ll find her wherever it is she’s run off too. I mean, it’s great that you’re not scared of her anymore. I just think you probably scared her.”

 

“Yeah.” The raven nods. “I didn’t mean to. I’m just really worried about her, and when she passed out.”
 

The redhead understands. She would do just about anything for Yeri in return, and if she were ever hurt. The witch would move heaven and earth if necessary to make sure Yeri was fine.

 

“Wherever the hell my darling went.” Joy sighs to herself. Yerim decided she needed to go out and have some fun away from the craziness. It’s why she’s currently hanging out with a few of her close vampire friends at a bar.

 

“Yerim!” Sehun notices her first. “Hey, what will it be. A+ or O.” He shows her the various drinks.

 

“Hm?” Yeri thinks to herself. There’s nothing like a fresh A+ blood that does the body right. However, tonight she’s feeling a bit adventurous and so she otps for the O blood. The bartender hands her the O blood in a martini glass, and she drinks it. She says hi to a few of the other’s and soon sees her best friend.

 

“Ronnie!” Yeri calls the dark-haired vampire who turns right away and hugs the blonde. It feels like forever since she’s seen Saeron.

 

“Yerimie, your wife let you out?” Her best friend says in surprise.

 

“My what?”

 

“Joy, the witch?”

 

“Joy? She’s not my wife.”

 

“Um, Yerimie. You do know that the girl loves you, right?”

 

“What?”

 

“She loves you!” The entire bar of vampires tells her and this is really news to her. Yeri just shrugs and sits down with her oldest friend, literally. She and Saeron have only known each other forever.

 

“Seriously, Yerim. You don’t know that she loves you?”

 

Saeron knew right away the witch was in love with her. If it wasn’t clear from her heart eyes, lovesick expressions, and threats she made to her to stay away from Yeri then nothing else would let Saeron know Joy is in love with her best friend. The blonde simply sips her drink.

 

“I don’t think that’s true, Ronnie. Anyway, let’s upload stuff to instagram!”

 

“Oh, boy.” Saeron sighs. This was going to be one long night. Back at Joy’s house the witch found Seulgi safely in the attic conversing with her pet wolves. Seulgi was animatedly growling with the wolves to the point that Joy had to drag the bear away. She informed Seulgi that her girlfriend is not scared anymore, and she needs to talk to her. She carries Seulgi to where Joohyun is waiting for her, and she places the tiny bear on the floor.

 

“Now I for one am so sick of this . First this one’s scared of you, Seul, and now you’re all scared of her. You two idiots belong together.”

 

“Hey!” The raven complains first.

 

“Hey!” Seulgi nips her in the leg. Joy doesn’t even flinch.

 

“Now, fix this . I am going to….” The witch stops because her phone is buzzing with notifications from all her social media accounts, and her text messages are blowing up with all sorts of messages.

 

“What!” Joy’s eyes go wide because there’s an Instagram story of Yeri at the bar with her fellow vampires, and she sees Yeri kissing the cheek of Saeron, and now someone’s going to die. Well, they’re going to die all over again.

 

“She’s cheating on me!”

 

“No, no…” Seulgi shakes her head and grabs Joy by the arm. She remembers the last time Joy went crazy because she felt Yeri was cheating on her, people were seriously injured.

 

“Get off Seul! Someone’s going to die!”

 

“Stop it, you crazy witch!”

 

“Just stay here and get the takeout when it comes. I have to get my baby!”

 

“Fine, don’t forget your broom!” Seulgi teases her but Joy is so livid she doesn’t even bother to respond to the joke. The redhead disappears in an angry red cloud.

 

“Poor, Yeri.” The shapeshifter sighs, and turns to look at Joohyun who is really in a bit of shock over what just happened.

 

“Hyunnie?” Seulgi goes to her and waves her paw over Joohyun’s face. It takes a few moments but the human does come back to reality.

 

“Seul, hey. I need to talk to you. Sit with me.” She gestures to the couch and Seulgi climbs onto the couch with her. She gives Joohyun her undivided attention.

 

“I want to first apologize to you, Seul. I was really scared at first, but I love you very much. My love for you isn’t going to change because you’re a shapeshifter, and it’s not going to change now that we have this issue. We’re in this together, right baby?” Joohyun looks her in the eyes and Seulgi can tell she’s being genuine. The shapeshifter knows that it also couldn’t have been easy for her to say. The bear wipes at her eyes with her paws and cries.

 

“Oh, no. Seul please don’t cry. Um, should I get some tissues?” Joohyun wonders half seriously. Seulgi shakes her head and reaches her arms out to hug her. Joohyun hugs her back and gently pats her back.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you more, Hyunnie.”


 

Joy gets to the bar and opens the door and the chill in the air causes all the vampires to look at her.

 

“Oh, no.” Sehun shakes his head. “We banned your crazy !”

 

Joy simply flicks her wrist and sends the vampire flying into the wall. Vampires clear the way for Joy and make her a path. They are familiar with this witch.

 

“Where is my Yerimie!”

 

Several pale hands point to where the dirty blonde is laying on the pool table with another glass of the O blood drink.

 

“Kim Yerim!” Joy angrily storms over to the vampire.

 

“Who? Oh, Joy what’s up?”

 

“What’s up? This is what you’re doing instead of being with me. How dare you put your lips on someone else?”

 

Yeri sits up. “It wasn’t me! It was the O blood, it’s got me all messed up! I shouldn’t be drinking this , when A+ is best.”

 

“What?” The witch doesn’t know what to make of this. Is Yerim drunk or high off some different blood type.

 

“I shouldn’t be drunk right?”

 

“Oh, my poor Vampy. If you’re high then I can forgive you. Let’s go home, sweetie.” Joy kisses her cheeks and teleports them both back to her place. Joohyun and Seulgi are gone but a few of the takeout boxes are gone with them. Joy gently takes Yeri to the room she sleeps in. The vampire does look pretty out of it.

 

“I’ll never drink O type blood again.”

 

“Alright, honey.” Joy takes the dark sheets and covers her with them. “Do you want your hello kitty plush?”

 

The dirty blonde is blinking a few times and then she says yes. Joy takes the huge hello kitty plush and places it on the bed next to her.

 

“Listen to me. I will forgive your cheating this time, but you better not ever do it again, okay. Goodnight baby!”

 

The blonde says nothing for a long while not even after Joy leaves. It’s then that Yeri sits up in shock.

 

“Does she love me?”


 

Joohyun tells Seulgi that she is fine with sharing the bed with her. The bear struggles with her pajamas which are a cute striped set. They look so tiny on her already small frame. Seulgi is surprised when Joohyun reaches over and helps her with the pajamas. She did hear her girlfriend say she isn’t scared of her anymore. It’s another thing to see her keep proving it.

 

“You’re really very cute, Seul. I really do just miss being able to talk to you, and I miss your arms around me.”

 

Seulgi nods because she misses being able to hug Joohyun too in the way she’s used to. Seulgi is actually terrified she could be stuck like this in one of her animal forms. It wouldn’t be so horrible because she’s used to being in animal form for a good portion of her life, but the fact it would certainly change their relationship forever is scary. They would have to break up then. There’s no way Joohyun would be able to stay with her as a bear, and Seulgi would never expect her to. The raven notices how quiet her girlfriend is, and tries to touch her in order to get Seulgi to look at her.

 

“Seul?”

 

The bear isn’t looking at her. Seulgi turns around and faces the other way. Joohyun has a good idea what’s wrong. She has also given thought to what if Seulgi is always going to be like this. The human knows she must be supportive of her if she can.

 

“Seul, I know you’re scared. I’m scared too, but together I know we can do anything.”

 

Seulgi turns to look back at her and gives a small smile. She then holds her paw out for what’s going to have to be a fist bump. They can’t exactly kiss right now. Joohyun gets it right away and laughs.

 

“I really miss kissing you too.” The raven admits and does indeed put out her fist too. Seulgi feels the same as she really misses kissing Joohyun too.

 

The following morning at breakfast everyone is present except for Yeri. Joy explains to the couple that she was high or drunk from drinking O type blood. Joohyun nearly choked on the tea she was drinking because it sounds ridiculous. Seulgi is busy her bowl clean, and in truth it’s kind of cute seeing the tiny bear holding the yellow bowl and eating.

 

“How can a vampire be high?” Joohyun asks.

 

“I don’t know. She was out of it though. I should check on her.”

 

Before the redhead can get up a small bat comes flying into the dining area and Yeri lands hard into one of the chairs.

 

“What the hell, Yeri!” The human screams at her because she was startled by the very sight. The blonde looks panicked.

 

“Oh, I need to go.”

 

“No, you sit here with us.” Joy pulls her back into the seat. “We have to go back to see Seungwan.”

 

“Oh, no! Absolutely not will I go see the fish! I will end her life I promise.”

 

“Sweetie, you’re going to have to calm down. You’re not really going to kill her. She’s our friend, and fish are friends not food.”

 

After Joy says this Yeri ends up cracking up in loud laughter. The two of them look at each other and laugh even harder. Seulgi and Joohyun exchange looks. They don’t understand why the two of them aren’t together. They seem like they belong together.

 

“You’re so stupid, Joy. Fish aren’t friends.” Yeri laughs while shaking her head in disbelief. Joy simply pinches her cheek.

 

“Anyway, really we need to go back so we can help Seul. She’s our best friend remember?”

 

The vampire frowns, but she knows that Joy is right. God help her she doesn’t want to go back.

 

“I don’t want to!”

 

“Don’t worry. I’ve come to see you!” A loud powerful voice happily announces. Everyone turns around to see the mermaid herself in a blue colored bubble, but on closer inspection the bubble is materialized of water.

 

“What the !” Joy screams.

 

“What is this?” Joohyun looks a bit horrified at what she’s seeing.

 

“Hi, Wannie!” Seulgi beams and growls her hello. Yeri turns to Joy and buries her face into the witch’s chest, which only makes Joy smile. If Seungwan randomly showing up makes her Vampire need her. She will surely take it. She wraps her arms around the blonde.

 

“There, there sweetie. I’m here for you.”

 

“I knew we should have just killed the fish!” Yeri complains.

 

The dark-haired mermaid pretends to not hear what Yeri said. She smiles again.

 

“Hi! I’m here to help!” The sheer sound of her voice makes everyone fall out on the ground. Seulgi looks dazed. Joohyun is covering her ears and hoping she isn’t deaf. Joy is holding Yeri and looking quite happy about that.

 

“Whatever it takes to get my Yerimie!”


 

A/N: hi so this was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed writing this chapter. Joyri seem to be on the right track. Joohyun is not scared of Seulgi anymore and seungwan has come for a visit of sorts, hope you guys enjoyed.