With my Soulmate

Help, My Girlfriend's a Bear

A/N: Hey, so we’re at the last epilogue. Again I wanted to thank all of you who reviewed and upvoted this story. I did really enjoy it and it’s been fun overall. Please enjoy the epilogue


 

(1 year later)


 

Joohyun woke up to feel those familiar and soft pink lips against her own. The raven smiles into the kiss of her other half. It always feels amazing to wake up to Seulgi and Joohyun is glad to be with this woman she loves so much. When they break away for air the human runs her fingers through Seulgi’s brown locks.

 

“Good morning, Seul.” She smiles and kisses the top of the shapeshifter’s head.

 

“Morning, Hyun. Did you sleep well?”

 

“I slept well.”

 

“I’m glad. Last night was kind of cold, no?”

 

“Yeah, but you were so warm. Thank you for turning into that bear form of yours. I slept so well.”

 

“Haha,” Seulgi laughs and runs her hands through her hair. Once upon a time Joohyun would have freaked out had she seen Seulgi’s bigger bear form. Now she actually asks for Seulgi to turn into different forms. Like last night when it was especially cold in their house. Seulgi’s bigger bear form came in handy.

 

“I’m glad that form is of use to you, Hyun.”

 

“You always did keep me warm, and now I understand why. Are you ready for today?”

 

“Yeah, I’m ready. Joy and Yerim will be here soon, and then we can go.”

 

Today they are going to visit Seungwan. It’s been a year now since everything happened. Seulgi and Joohyun were able to find and purchase property in the magical realm thanks to help from Joy. The couple try to go at least once a month to check on things, and everyone goes to visit the mermaid as often as they can. The friendships healed over time and everything seemed to be going much better.

 

“We should get ready.” Joohyun speaks as she gets up from their bed. “There’s no telling when Joy and Yerim will just pop in.”

 

“Yeah, you’re right. Let’s be ready before they get here.”


 

Meanwhile, instead of getting herself ready Joy was fast asleep in bed. The vampire looked down at her with a slight shake of her head. All last night Joy kept on complaining how she needed to make sure she would be ready for going to the magical realm. She made this whole entire rant and the witch is the one that’s sleeping still.

 

“She made all that fuss about my not being ready, and she’s the one knocked out.”

 

“Joy!” The vampire shakes the witch. The redhead simply turns around and continues to sleep. Yerim shakes her again and threatens to throw a bucket of water over the taller woman in order to make her wake up.

 

“Wake up, honey.” Yerim tries affection and that seems to work like a charm. Joy wakes up and pulls her down to a hot kiss.

 

“Good morning, darling!”

 

Yerim rolls her eyes in exaggeration. Joy would pretend to be asleep just to do this. After all these years the blonde should be used to this by now. Joy peppers her face with so many kisses that Yerim has to push her away.

 

“It’s too early for all these kisses, witch!”

 

“You love my kisses!”

 

“Joy, we’re supposed to be getting ready to meet Seul and Joohyun.”
 

“What?” Joy blinks. “Oh, I completely forgot about that. Yeah, we better get ready.”

 

“You should get ready. I’m already dressed.” Yerim gestures to her dark jeans and red top. Joy eyes the red top curiously because it’s a familiar top indeed. Joy remembers it because she purchased the top for Yerim last year as a gift.

 

“You’re finally wearing the shirt I bought for you. This is huge, I love you, Vampy!” Joy wraps her arms around her shorter partner. Yerim simply pats her back softly before reminding her again that she needs to get ready.

 

“Fine, I’ll get ready. Hopefully those two are ready and not having again like the last time we came to get them.”

 

“Yeah.” Yerim agrees. “Otherwise, we can leave them behind.”

 

“No, baby. We can’t leave them here. We are going to visit Seungwan today.”

 

“Yeah, I’m just glad she finally found her inside voice.”

 

Joy shakes her head. Seungwan can’t control her voice but so much, and it’s why Joy simply made her vampire a set of special earmuffs to block out any extra noise.

 

“Yes, sweetie. I suppose she did find her inside voice.” Joy sighs and starts getting herself ready. They have all been making more of an effort to see their friend, and still have been working on some sort of spell that could get Seungwan over to the human world. They haven’t been successful yet, but hopefully one day they will have success. In the meantime they spend more time with Seungwan, and it seems to make her happy. Joy is just really glad that everyone is much better these days.


 

Joohyun was waiting for Seulgi to finish getting ready for their trip. They usually stay a few days over there when they do go to visit. Once a month Seulgi will also bring her back to her home. They’ve added some additional things onto the cabin, like extra bedrooms, backyard patio, and a small swimming pool. Life with Seulgi is great and Joohyun wants to spend the rest of her life with Seulgi, no matter what. They also managed to find a nice house in the magical realm. Joohyun still remembers the first night in their new house.


 

(Flashback)

 

It was a nice house not that far from the village. They lived right near a lake too and had enough yard space, which was good for Seulgi in particular if she wanted to run around as an animal.

 

“This is a really nice house, Seul. I’m surprised it wasn’t more expensive.”

 

“The currency here is nothing like the one back in the human world. Plus, Joy knows people and that helped too.”

 

“Tonight is going to be our first night in this new house, baby.”

 

“Yeah, it’s so good to have you here and with me.”

 

“I’m happy to be here. It’s not as scary as I thought it would be, even with the zombie realtor.”

 

Seulgi chuckles in amusement. She was glad that Joohyun wasn’t too nervous around the realtor. They will have to walk around the village at times, and the shapeshifter doesn’t want for her girlfriend to be too scared around some of the inhabitants.

 

“She’s nice and I promise she won’t try to eat your brains.”

 

The raven shudders in thoughts of a potential zombie attack. She hadn’t thought about it before Seulgi mentioned the zombie not eating her brains. Joohyun smacks her in the arm and Seulgi smiles.

 

“I’m sorry, too soon of a joke?”

 

“It’s not even funny. Do you think I want to have nightmares about our zombie realtor trying to eat my brains?”

 

“You won’t have any nightmares because I’ll be holding you the entire night.”

 

It’s sweet and so very like Seulgi to say such things. Joohyun hugs her then and tells her she is too much of a sweet talker, not that it’s a bad thing. The couple then have dinner in their new house and end the night with hot chocolate and sitting by their cozy fireplace.

 

“Is there a reason why the fireplace changes color?” Joohyun wonders.

 

“It’s a magical fire. It’s mostly just very pretty to look at, but it’s enchanted to where it can burn for hours without any problem.”

 

“The flames are really pretty.” Joohyun agrees as she leans her head on her girlfriend’s shoulder. This is so nice and the human knows she can look forward to more nights such as these with her other half. Joohyun is glad to be with Seulgi most of all.

 

“Tonight we get to sleep in our new bed.”

 

“I can’t wait.”

 

“The first of many more nights.” Seulgi speaks and Joohyun nods. It will be the first of many more nights in their new place.

 

(End)


 

Joohyun gets up because she wonders what’s taking Seulgi so long. “Seul, you’re not changing into animals or something, right?” The dark-haired woman teases. Seulgi hurries to put away something before Joohyun can see her. The monolid woman smiles and hugs her.

 

“I just didn’t know which sneakers to wear with this shirt.”

 

“Really?” The shorter woman says skeptically. “Is that what you were doing?”

 

“Yeah, but I decided on these black ones. Anyway, Joy and Yeri will…”

 

“Anyone home!” The couple hear the witch shout for them downstairs. Joy and Yeri are right on time like they should be. The two go downstairs to greet them.

 

“Well, it’s about time.” Joy sighs in exaggeration as if waiting for a long time.

 

“You just got here.” Seulgi reminds her.

 

“Still, it’s about time anyway. Are you guys ready to get going?”

 

“Yes,” Joohyun tells her. “We’re ready.”

 

“Good, we should go. I have plans later tonight and…” Yerim doesn’t get to finish because Joy looks slightly murderous. This is the first she’s hearing about plans and why are there plans without her?

 

“Oh, and what are these oh so secret plans?” Joy alas while opening up the portal for them to head to the magical realm.

 

“I’m going out.”

 

“And when will you be home?”

 

“When I get back.”

 

Joy and Yerim go back and forth while they walk through the portal. Joohyun laughs as she can still hear them arguing. Seulgi is used to the two of them being such a mess, and they don’t stop until they’re through the portal. The only way Joy stops arguing with the vampire is because Yerim kisses her.

 

“These two…” Seulgi sighs. “Okay, people. We are supposed to be spending time with Seungwan, remember.”

 

“What?” Joy wonders as if she forgot entirely. Seulgi shakes her head and smiles some. Who is she to stop Joy from that she loves most which is Yerim. The blonde reaches up to wipe some of her lip gloss from Joy’s lips.

 

“Thanks, babe.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“Well, if you two are done. Shouldn’t we go?” Joohyun asks.

 

“We don’t interrupt you and Seul when you’re both devouring each other.”

 

“Yes, you do! You interrupt us many times, in fact.” The couple complain together and Joy shrugs.

 

“I don’t recall such things, anyway let’s go.”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun say no more but hold hands towards the boat. Joy actually created an outdoor space by her house where Seungwan can swim around and they can sit near. It was good for the mermaid to get out of her cave as much as possible.

 

“I invited her to come to the house.” Joy explains as they ride over to her house.

 

“I’m glad you all were able to work out your friendship.” Joohyun tells the three non-humans and they nod in the affirmative. Seulgi especially had the hardest of times for a while. But all of them knew their friendship was more important than anything else. The four arrive and Joy’s and they get food and snacks ready for when the mermaid arrives. She does like a lot of the human food she’s gotten to taste. Yerim sneaks away from Joy to grab Seulgi and drag her off somewhere.

 

“Hey, where are you taking my girlfriend?” Joohyun wants to know in a mock dramatic tone.

 

“Yeah, where are you going?” Joy also asks.

 

“I need to talk to her, um…” The vampire pauses. “Vampire to animal talk.”

 

“Really, Yerim?” Seulgi deadpans as she is being dragged away.

 

“Well, don’t kill each other or anything.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t know to where Yerim is dragging her but soon she finds out the reason anyway. Yerim looks around to make sure Joy isn’t around and then she shows Seulgi the black ring box.

 

“Yerim, are you…”

 

“I’m going to ask Joy to marry me.”

 

“Wow, really? That’s amazing, so you’re finally going to put a ring on it, hm? Joy will be ecstatic.”

 

The vampire nods. She knows that it will make Joy happy to have that ring and be her wife. They’ve been together officially only one year, but they’ve been apart of each other for even longer than that. Yerim knows Joy is hers and why not get married.

 

“It’s a beautiful ring, Yerim. But why did you drag me over here for?”

 

“I just wanted to tell someone. You’re kind of like...family?”

 

Seulgi knows it’s not easy for Yerim to express herself. It was probably a big deal for her to even say that. It’s why Seulgi hugs the shorter woman who groans at the physical contact.

 

“No hugging!”

 

“Aw, but we’re family, Yerimie.”

 

“Don’t call me Yerimie!”

 

Seulgi hugs her again this time in a softer hug that Yerim swears she’s not touched by. The blonde returns the hug and thanks Seulgi. The brunette completely understands why.

 

“You’re one of my closest friends, Yerim. I think it’s great you’re going to ask Joy to be your wife.”

 

“Thanks, I’ll ask her later on. When we’re alone, but for now the fish is coming.”

 

“Um...but you know she’s not..”

 

Seulgi doesn’t get to finish because they can see Seungwan swimming over and is carrying some sort of large bag with her. They greet her and head to the area Joy created to see the witch and Joohyun sort of arguing over the snacks.

 

“I’m telling you that she won’t eat them!” The redhead shouts at Joohyun.

 

“Who are you to tell me what my girlfriend will or won’t eat, hm?”

 

“Um, guys?” Seulgi tries to get their attention to tell them that Seungwan is here. The mermaid chuckles in amusement at the two arguing.

 

“I knew Seul since she was some brat kid running around, so I know her way better than you.”

 

“Brat kid?” Seulgi frowns and now Yerim is laughing.

 

“I know my girlfriend the best, Joy. I’m telling you she will eat everything here, except for the vegetables.”

 

“Well…”

 

“Hi guys!” Seungwan interrupts loudly just to make the two stop arguing. Yerim grabs her ears.

 

“Inside voice!”

 

“We aren’t even inside!” The dark-haired mermaid shouts back to the vampire. Yerim’s eyes flash red for a moment. Joy knows she has to break it up before things go wrong.

 

“Hi, Wan! When did you swim in?”

 

“I just got here. It’s nice to see you all.”

 

“It’s nice to see you too, Seungwan.” Joohyun says nicely. “Would you like something to eat or drink?”

 

“Yes, thank you. I also bought gifts for you all too. I hope that you’ll like them.”

 

Joy grabs her shorter partner and sits her down. Seulgi helps Joohyun hand food to everyone and Yerim looks anxious to Joy. She gently takes her vampire’s hand.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you hungry?”

 

“No, I’m fine.”

 

After Yerim assures her girlfriend that she is fine. Joy simply leaves a soft kiss against her head. Seungwan hands out her gifts to everyone. She usually finds things drifting in the water and sometimes she makes things herself. She gives Joy a red scarf and the witch is just really happy it’s red. The mermaid gifts Seulgi with a golden dagger she said she found at a sunken ship. It could be worth a nice price, but the shapeshifter assures Seungwan that she will hold onto it, since it was a gift from her. Seungwan has also had time to get to know Joohyun too as she always comes to visit with Seulgi.

 

“I don’t know if you’ll like this, Joohyun. But it was laying around in a sunken ship.” The mermaid hands her what is a pretty but simple in design bracelet.

 

“I do like this, thank you, Seungwan.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

Yerim already looks like she will not be pleased. She looks so disgruntled that Joy urges her to at least smile like she cares.

 

“Come on, sweetie. You can at least smile, no?”

 

“I don’t know what she’s going to give me, but I probably won’t need it.”

 

“So, do you think I need this scarf!” Joy stops when she sees the curious expression on the siren’s face.

 

“This beautiful and one of a kind scarf.”

 

“Haha, it’s fine, Joy. You don’t have to pretend you don’t like it.”

 

“No, I like it. I could give it to one of my baby dragons.”

 

“Oh, well sure.” Seungwan says no more and finally gets around to giving Yerim her gift. The blonde sits there for a long moment eyeing the curious box. She doesn’t know what it is.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I think it’s a music box.” Joohyun points out.

 

“Yes, it’s a music box. I know you like music, Yerim so I thought it would be good for you.”

 

“Oh, thank you, Seungwan.” Yerim says sincerely and opens it to see there is a little dancing figurine in the center. This is actually a gift she could use and she does like music.

 

“They’re all great gifts, Wan.” Seulgi tells her and that makes the mermaid feel better that they all like the gifts.

 

After they all eat everyone ends up engaging in a game of hide and go seek. Which is fun at first but competitive Joohyun and Joy start to complain about how Seulgi can shift and hide, Yerim can turn into a bat, and Seungwan can swim.

 

“This isn’t even fair.” Joohyun admits.

 

“Sore losers.” Yerim whispers to Seulgi and Seungwan. The agree right away that Joy and Joohyun are both sore losers at the end of the day. After games they sit with Seungwan to talk about trying to get her over to the human world.

 

“I want to try, Wan.” The witch assures. “Even if we can get you there for a day or so a month. That’s better than nothing.”

 

“It’s okay, Joy. Even if I don’t get to see the human world, it means a lot to have you all here to visit.”

 

Seulgi manages to pull Joohyun away for a bit, so they can talk alone. Yerim and Joy are talking to Seungwan, and it sounds like they are trying to find her a partner.

 

“Do you want to date other fish?” Yerim asks.

 

“Yerimie, I am not a fish.” Seungwan sighs. Yerim simply shrugs and goes back to drinking her wine.

 

“Hey, so if you’re not picky, Wan.” Joy can be heard saying. “I know a single mummy that could be a date for you.”

 

“Guys, really is this necessary.”

 

“Yeah, it is. Let’s talk, monster dates, hm?”


 

Seulgi and Joohyun laugh at the ridiculousness of it all before going to sit down together by some trees. Joohyun shudders some because of the strong wind all of a sudden. Seulgi gently wraps her jacket around her shorter girlfriend.

 

“Is that better, Hyun?”

 

“Yes, it’s a lot better. Your friends are crazy.”

 

“Yes, they are.” Seulgi nods. “They’re great friends, though.”

 

Joohyun gives a small nod and leans her head onto Seulgi’s shoulder. The brunette is quiet for a long time and it worries Joohyun. She wonders if Seulgi is alright as they sit off from everyone.

 

“Are you okay, Seul?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just have things on my mind.”

 

“I can see that. Are they things you can’t tell me, hm?” Joohyun gently pokes her cheek affectionately.

 

“It’s just…”

 

“Why won’t you let me set you up with some fish friends!” The couple hear Yerim scream and they run over to see the vampire and mermaid eyeing each other like they’re going to fight, with poor Joy in the middle trying to stop them.

 

“Hon,” Joy touches her face. “Seungwan isn’t a fish. Don’t you start trying to set her up with dolphins, sharks, or anything else, alright?”

 

Yerim shrugs. “Whatever, I don’t care honestly.”

 

The mermaid breathes a sigh of relief as she’s glad that whole thing is over. “I’m going to head home now, guys. But it was nice to see you.”

 

“We can meet up again tomorrow, Wan. Hyun and I will be here for at least another day.”

 

“We’ll be here too.” The witch tells her.

 

Seungwan smiles and tells them all she looks forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow. Seulgi turns to Joohyun and tells her they should probably go too. Yerim has something she needs to do alone with Joy later.

 

“Let’s meet for breakfast, okay. There’s a cute cafe that just opened up in the village.” Joy tells the other couple.

 

“Okay, we’ll do that. We’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

 

Yerim and Joy wave goodbye to Joohyun and Seulgi. They could take the boat back but Seulgi offers her girlfriend a more fun way.

 

“I can fly us back to our house, Hyun.”

 

“Sure, I’m going to be holding on extra tightly, though.”

 

“Hold on as tight as you need.”

 

Seulgi turns into a large bird and Joohyun holds onto her just as tight as she said she would. The human waves goodbye to Joy and Yerim as they fly off. Yerim sighs in disappointment.

 

“What’s wrong, Yerimie?”

 

“I wanted to see the lion.”

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll make sure Seul turns into the lion for you tomorrow. Now, what’s with these plans you have, hm?”

 

“Um, I do have plans but we have to wait until night, okay?”

 

Again Yerim looks nervous to her and Joy is really worried. It’s rare to see her vampire so nervous.

 

“Why, what’s going on tonight?”

 

“You’ll see, okay. Just trust me.”

 

“I trust you more than anything.” Joy tells her and knows she will simply have to wait until later tonight to find out what Yerim is talking about. Seulgi and Joohyun arrive back to their house and while Joohyun is looking for something to make for later. Seulgi uses the time to prepare herself. She has been quiet and anxious for a while because she too is planning to propose to Joohyun. If things go well then she and Yerim will both be engaged to the women they love tonight.

 

“Hey, Seul. Do you know what you’re in the mood for dinner?” Seulgi can hear Joohyun calling from the bottom of the stairs.

 

“We can go out for dinner? Would you like to do that, instead?”

 

“I’m fine with us staying in tonight.”

 

“Okay, whatever you want to do, Hyun. But I’ll order takeout, sound good?”

 

“Sure, Seul. We can order takeout, and maybe sit out in the yard?”

 

Seulgi agrees to that plan. The shapeshifter orders food now because it’ll take some time to arrive and they sit in their living room on their favorite couch. Joohyun is snuggled up to her other half as Seulgi wraps her arms around the shorter woman.

 

“Today was nice.” Seulgi speaks. “It was good to spend time with everyone.”

 

“Yeah, I like spending time with everyone. But you’re always my most favorite person to be with.”

 

“I thought I was the sweet talker, hm?”

 

“You are, babe.” Joohyun promises. “You’re the sweetest.”

 

Seulgi simply watches Joohyun for a while. The dark-haired woman is so cute trying to keep her eyes open. The monolid woman softly tells her to sleep. Joohyun can’t keep her eyes open but for so long, and when Seulgi is sure that her girlfriend is asleep. She carefully gets up and sets up in their backyard. She takes the dining room table out and puts it outside with a nice tablecloth to cover. She also decorates with some roses too and looks at the ring in her pocket.

 

“I’m going to ask you to be my wife tonight, Hyun.” Seulgi thinks with a smile. She’s definitely more than ready to spend the rest of her life with Bae Joohyun.


 

Everytime Joy tried to go downstairs Yerim would stop her. If the witch even tried to leave her bedroom the vampire would be right there to stop her. Joy was half tempted to cast a spell on Yerim just to get her to stop acting like a crazy person.

 

“What the hell are you doing? Why can’t I leave my bedroom?”

 

“You can when I say so, just give me a few minutes.”

 

“Alright, you have a few minutes.”

 

Yerim thanks her then hurries down the stairs. She has the ring in her pocket and is planning to propose to Joy outside in the backyard where the the lake is. There is just one thing she’s waiting for and that’s a text. Yerim takes to pacing nervously before finally getting the phone notification that everything’s ready to go.

 

“Finally,” The blonde sighs and hurries to collect Joy, who is of course trying to leave the room. Yerim grabs a hold of her arm and starts to lead her down the stairs. Joy really just wants to know what the hell is going on.

 

“You’re acting so weird, Vampy.”

 

“I just want you to follow me, okay.”

 

“Okay, but I’m still not sure what’s wrong with you.”

 

There is nothing wrong with Yerim. She is nervous to ask this sort of question. Mostly because she never thought that she would ask it to anyone. The vampire is completely sure about Joy. She loves her and that’s what matters most. Before they get outside Yerim tells Joy to close her eyes.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just trust me, alright?”

 

The redhead nods as she trusts Yerim with any and everything. She keeps her eyes closed and feels Yerim holding her hand tightly. They come to a stop soon enough and Yerim checks her phone. The surprise will be ready soon.

 

“Okay, open your eyes.”

 

Joy does to see Yerim is holding her hand still but to her surprise the blonde is shaking. She caresses her hands.

 

“Why are you shaking, hm?”

 

“No reason, but I have something to ask you.”

 

“Okay, Yerimie. What’s going on?”

 

“We’ve been together for years, and there was never any escaping you at first.”

 

Joy frowns because this doesn’t sound like anything sweet. It actually sounds very insulting and the witch is about to yank her hand away, but the blonde grabs it.

 

“In the beginning it was like that, but somewhere along the way you became someone important, and someone I love, even without knowing how to express that love. I do love you, Joy.”


 

The redhead swears she won’t cry. But it’s very touching to hear Yerim tell her she loves her. It means everything.

 

“Well, I love you too, Vampy. It still doesn’t explain why we’re in my backyard.”

 

“Just…” Yerim knows she’s going to have to get it over with quick. “Will you marry me!” She says it so fast and pulls out the ring. Joy’s eyes widen at the ruby wedding ring.

 

“W-What, is this a dream…”

 

“Um, well will you?”

 

“Yes, of course. I can’t believe you’re actually asking me to be your actual wife! Hurry up and put this huge rock on my beautiful finger!”

 

The vampire rolls her eyes and puts the ring on Joy’s finger. The witch squeals in delight and pulls her into a kiss. She’s going to be married to Yerim and it’s all she could ever want.

 

“I finally broke you down, hm?”

 

“You should be proud of yourself, Joy.”

 

“Oh, I am…”

 

“Wait, look up now.”

 

Joy does as she is asked and sees the sky is brightly lit with fireworks. It’s so sweet that Joy hugs her tightly.

 

“Did you do this?”

 

“I know someone, and asked for a favor. I wanted tonight to be special.”

 

Joy nods and thanks her with a soft kiss. It’s probably one of the most special moments in all of her life. The witch knows she won’t ever forget this night for as long as she lives.

 

“It’s the best night ever, even better that I’m with you.”

 

The shorter woman nods with a small smile. “It’s the best night.”

 

Joy wraps her arm around Yerim and they watch the fireworks together. They’ve been together forever it seems, and now they’re going to get married to further seal the deal. Yerim takes one look at Joy and knows it could be no other way except for this, and it’s more than okay.



 

Joohyun had slept for longer than she intended. By the time she wakes up she doesn’t see Seulgi and knows their takeout probably had to arrive by now. The raven calls out for her girlfriend who walks out from the backyard.

 

“Hey, you’re awake. Did you sleep alright?”

 

“I don’t know why I was so tired, but I feel better now.”

 

“That’s good, so are you hungry? The food is here.”

 

“I’m so hungry.” Joohyun nods and follows her girlfriend outside to where everything is set up in such a romantic atmosphere. There are flowers, candles, and the trees in their backyard are sparkling with a lot of little bright lights.

 

“You did all this for dinner?” The human wonders with a slight smile on her face.

 

“Well, sort of.” Seulgi smiles back. She then pulls Joohyun’s chair out for her to sit. The shorter woman thanks her and sits. Seulgi prepares her plate too and pours some wine for them.

 

“Not that you’re not always sweet, Seul. You’re very sweet on a regular basis, but what’s going on right now?”

 

“Nothing’s going on. I just wanted a romantic night with my girlfriend, Hyun. Let’s eat, alright?”

 

“Sure, we can eat. But you’re still going to have to tell me what’s going on.”


 

Seulgi nods and takes a few sips of her wine. She has the ring in her inner jacket pocket. She is feeling nervous somewhat now. It’s not that she thinks Joohyun will say no. Seulgi is sure about Joohyun and their love for one another. The brunette is sure that this is her soulmate and they are meant to be. Seulgi can’t help if she feels nervous however, because marriage is such a big and important step.

 

“Do you think we have time to go back to your home for a little while?” The shorter woman asks her.

 

“Yeah, I think we can make it there for a day or so.”

 

Joohyun always likes it when they can go there. It’s another place they go to just be alone together and enjoy that quality time. Their relationship had only gotten stronger ever since Seulgi shared with her more personal information that she had kept secret for a long time. Joohyun had even seen other animal forms that she would have easily found scary a year ago.

 

“Hey,” Joohyun reaches over to touch her hands. “I love you, Seul. If you’re worried about something you know that you can tell me. You’re not hiding anything else from me, right?” The raven asks in a playful tone.

 

“You mean other than my being a shapeshifter?”

 

“Yes, other than that.”

 

“Nope, I’m afraid that was indeed my biggest secret. But…” Seulgi takes a deep breath. It’s now or never. The taller woman takes her by the arm and they walk over to the trees.

 

“Do you remember that first morning we woke up here in our new house, and we just stood in our backyard for a little while admiring the view?”

 

“I remember mostly admiring you.” Joohyun admits. “The other view was nice too, but how could I look at anything but my gorgeous girlfriend.”

 

Seulgi feels her face getting red at how very smooth Joohyun is at this moment. Her girlfriend really is the best and she can’t wait to make Bae Joohyun her actual wife. Seulgi takes her hand before leaving a kiss against her skin.

 

“I was looking at you too, but I mostly remembered our kiss we had here. It was like the beginning of something new and different for us, you know?”

 

“I know. We were experiencing a new chapter in our lives together.”


 

That’s exactly right. The two of them were experiencing something new together. It’s time they had something else new to look forward to. Seulgi is ready to ask Joohyun to be her wife.

 

“It was a new chapter, and now I would like to add another new chapter.”

 

Joohyun hears how serious Seulgi and wonders what’s going on. Her questions are answered because Seulgi is soon presenting her with a gorgeous ring. It’s almost moon-like in it’s color and sparkling more in the night.

 

“Seul…”

 

“It was my mother’s ring. She wanted to leave it to me one day for when I chose my life partner. You are already my partner in so many ways, Joohyun. You’re more than just my girlfriend. You’re also my best friend and love. It would make me very happy to add wife to that list. Would you marry me?”

 

Joohyun is speechless for a long moment. She is quiet so long that for a moment the shapeshifter is worried that perhaps she will say no. The monolid woman is about to put the ring away when Joohyun grabs her hand.

 

“What are you doing!”

 

“I…”

 

“You don’t just ask me to marry you and start taking this beautiful ring back. You said it was your mom’s?”

 

“It was.”

 

“I will treasure this ring, and it means so much that you think so highly of me that you would offer me something this special.”

 

“You mean everything to me, Joohyun. I can’t wait to make you my wife.”

 

“I can’t wait to be your wife either, baby. I hope you’re going to put that ring on my finger soon.”

 

The taller woman nods eagerly and puts the ring onto her finger. Joohyun leans up to kiss her almost right away. This is going to be another start to their lives as married people this time. Joohyun smiles when they break away for air.

 

“I’m going to be Mrs. Kang.”

 

“Yes, you are. You’re going to be Mrs. Kang.”

 

“I love you very much, Seul.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

Seulgi wraps her arms around her shorter partner. Once a upon none of this seemed possible for her. She was alone for so long and finding someone to share her life with definitely wasn’t something that seemed to be in the cards for her. Not only did she make amazing friends she also met the love of her life. Seulgi doesn’t even realize that she is crying until she feels two pairs of soft hands wiping away at her tears.

 

“What’s wrong, baby?” Joohyun asks her while kissing her cheeks.

 

“A long time ago none of this seemed possible for me. I am really lucky to have you, Joohyun.”

 

The human thinks she is also very lucky too. She couldn’t imagine anyone more perfect for her than Kang Seulgi.

 

“I’m luckier, Seul. I’m ready for our next chapter together too.”

 

Seulgi nods with a soft smile. She’s more than ready to start their married life together. The shapeshifter hugs her again. Joohyun is going to be her wife and that’s really all she could ever ask for.

 

“We’re both lucky.”


 

Seulgi pauses when she feels her phone ring and it’s Joy. Yerim probably asked her to marry her by now and she can’t wait to share the news.

 

“Hey, Joy.”

 

“Guess what!”

 

“You’ve finally kicked your chicken obsession?”

 

“No, be serious. Yerimie asked me to marry her and I of course said yes! I’m getting married.”

 

“That’s great, Joy. I also asked Joohyun to marry me.”

 

“What!” The redhead shouts and it’s loud enough that even the human can hear her.

 

“Yes, Seul asked me to be her wife.”

 

“Oh, hell no! You’re not getting married before Yerimie and I. We’ve been together longer! If anyone’s getting married first it’s going to be us.”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun chuckle together at the dramatic witch on the other end. They promise her that they won’t get married before she does and that seems to work.

 

“Good, because I’m getting married first. Congratulations, though!”

 

“Typical Joy.” Joohyun whispers to her now fiancée and Seulgi agrees.

 

“Thanks, Joy. We know how long you’ve waited to finally have Yerim as yours. We’ll see you both in the morning.”

 

“Damn right! We’ll celebrate together over breakfast. See you guys then.”

 

“See you, bye Joy.”

 

The couple share another laugh together. Joohyun leans up to kiss her once more.

 

“Ready for that next phase with me, Kang Seulgi?”

 

The monolid woman smiles in response. She is ready for the next phase with Joohyun and many other moments to come.

 

“I’m ready for the rest of our lives, Joohyun.”



 

A/N: And this brings this story to an end. I hoped everyone enjoyed the story throughout because I did enjoy writing this and it’s hard for me to actually enjoy a lot of what I write. But thanks for reviewing and upvoting.