:1: "I'm going in."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyuuuuung, come on! Isn’t there anyone else that can drive you?” Hoseok groaned, annoyed.

 

“Hoseok, please. I need you in my time of desperation.” Seokjin pleaded.

 

Welcome to Hoseok’s world; it involves sleeping, dancing, rapping, sometimes singing, playing videogames, and driving around Seokjin when he wants to see his girlfriend.

 

But why can’t Seokjin drive himself, you ask?

 

“You need to get a license.” Hoseok grumbled, grabbing his car keys.

 

That’s why he can’t drive himself.

 

“I will…someday.” Seokjin said.

 

The two BTS members got in Hoseok’s car (well, BTS’s shared car), then drove to Seokjin’s usual private meeting spot.

 

Seokjin’s girlfriend is also an idol, so they need to go through great lengths just to get some alone time. Usually this alone time involves one of their members awkwardly sitting in the car waiting for them for almost an hour. And almost always this one designated member is Hoseok. Yoongi doesn’t have enough patience, Namjoon is too busy being smart, Jungkook is working out all the time, Jimin is dancing beautifully all the time, and Taehyung is always with his other idol friends…. Which leaves Hoseok, who sadly doesn’t have anything else better to do.

 

As usual, Hoseok spends his “I’m alone in the car but can’t leave since Seokjin can’t drive” time scrolling through SNS, maybe posting a selca or two on Twitter just for fun.

 

Although he hates driving Seokjin around, he can’t help but realize how cute Seokjin and his girlfriend are. The eldest member of BTS seems to be really happy despite barely seeing her, which makes Hoseok believe that she may be the one.

 

Who is Seokjin’s girlfriend, you ask?

 

Hoseok heard someone yelp, which meant that Seokjin is definitely teasing his girlfriend. He looked out the car window to see Seokjin bringing her into a close hug; Seokjin then let her go so he could point to Hoseok. He was probably saying something like “I made Hoseok drive me again” or “look at Hoseok, he doesn’t do anything in his freetime so he’s driving me again”. But it seemed to not have mattered what Seokjin said, because she spotted him anyways, smiling and waving hello.

 

“Hey, Hoseok! Come out here!” She exclaimed.

 

And so, Hoseok did. He walked out to the couple, giving Seokjin’s girlfriend a hug.

 

“It’s been a while.” Hoseok smiled.

 

“It really has been! Thanks for driving this child around.” She replied, then turned to Seokjin just to squeeze his cheek, “You really have to get your license, pabo.”

 

“Yah, I know I do! But people will get suspicious.” Seokjin told her.

 

“About what? That you’re making an adult decision?” She asked, making Hoseok laugh.

 

“Exactly!”

 

Hoseok smiled at the two, actually glad that he was forced to drive Seokjin. This is how it usually ends up. He has a soft spot for romance; if only he was able to experience a love like theirs! Well… Seokjin and his girlfriend are a little too risky (no, not risqué) for his taste, but whatever they’re still adorable.

 

Hoseok, Seokjin, and his gal pal talked for a little while more, until the main dancer realized how much time has passed.

 

“Hyung,” Hoseok said, looking at his watch, “We have to get going. We have the party to attend soon.”

 

“Party?” She asked.

 

Seokjin sighed, “Yeah, Red Velvet is having a party or something. We were invited since Seulgi and Jimin are good friends.”

 

“Well we weren’t invited,” His girlfriend pouted.

 

“Didn’t you say that you accidentally pushed Irene over one time?” Hoseok asked.

 

“…Yes, but she forgave me!”

 

“Maybe she holds a grudge.” Seokjin joked.

 

She huffed, “I wish you could bring me.”

 

 Seokjin grabbed her by the waist, bringing her closer, “I wish I could bring you also.”

 

And they kissed. Now this is when Hoseok really feels like he’s third-wheeling.

 

“Well,” Hoseok pulled Seokjin away, “we really have to get going. If I let you guys continue, we all know that I’ll be waiting in that car for another hour.”

 

“He’s right.” Seokjin shrugged.

 

“Yeah, yeah,” She grumbled, “See you at some point.”

 

“See you at some point.”

 

“Bye Moonbyul!” Hoseok exclaimed, dragging Seokjin away.

 

“Bye, guys.” She chuckled, watching them leave.

 

And so Hoseok and Seokjin left the premises. Although Seokjin was glaring at Hoseok for the whole ride back to the dorm, Hoseok ignored his hyung, wanting to be on time for the party. BTS have been invited to a lot of idol groups’ parties, and they’re really fun but… there’s no drinking. JYP prohibits it, YG does too, and mentioning alcohol in Cube is a sin.

 

But SM… Well this is different.

 

Is Hoseok making this too big of a deal? Yes he is. But alcohol makes things more enjoyable if, in reality, it’s a show. And Hoseok is guessing that it may turn out to be a show.

 

Now, this party really has no reasoning behind it. Sure Red Velvet probably came up with something like “we’re celebrating our new album!”, but they probably just want to get wild. All idols want to at some point. Hoseok had that phase in 2015. Every idol goes through a rebellious phase!

 

Hoseok does feel bad about cutting Seokjin and Moonbyul’s time short, but Hoseok is all about punctuality; they have to make a good impression so they get invited to more events.

 

In the car, Hoseok wasn’t even able to talk with Seokjin because he was too busy texting Moonbyul. Seokjin would laugh, then tell Hoseok what Moonbyul said (even though it was mostly inside jokes that he wasn’t a part of), Hoseok pretending to laugh along with him.

 

Seokjin and Moonbyul’s relationship is cute, but it’s in that stage where it’s a little too cute. It’s in the honeymoon phase, AKA almost a year of being together. It seems that the only BTS member that can put up with them is Hoseok, who is secretly a hopeless romantic.

 

The two members finally arrived at the dorm, an entered during a time of chaos. They weren’t surprised though, since BTS always freaks out before going to a party of some sort.

 

“Where did my wallet go?!” Taehyung asked, freaking out.

 

“How am I supposed to know? I’m currently trying to find my party shirt!” Jimin yelled from the other room.

 

“Your party shirt is still in the laundry.” Seokjin said, now entering the chaos.

 

“Ah, Seokjin! How was your one on one time with Moonbyul?” Namjoon asked, patting his hyung’s back.

 

“The usual: fine then cut short.”

 

Hoseok passed by the two, wanting to get ready for the party. He has a feeling that it’s going to get wild, so he needs to get dressed appropriately just in case some luck is on his side (wink wink).

 

As he was changing, Yoongi stuck his head in the door, “Can you drive me home early during the party?”

 

“Why do you want to leave early?” Hoseok asked, not caring that Yoongi almost saw him with no pants on.

 

“You’re really asking why I want to leave early?”

 

Hoseok chuckled, “Alright, alright. I will… unless,”

 

“You get lucky, I know,” Yoongi replied, “You know that isn’t going to happen, right?”

 

“Yah, I can dream!”

 

Yes you can, Hoseok, but you know that it’s only going to stay as a dream. Sorry about that.

 

 

And sadly, Hoseok’s dream became Yoongi’s reality.

 

When BTS got to the party, Hoseok instantly knew that someone in BTS is going to get wild. Whether it be dancing, drinking, or being with a lady friend, it was obvious that, from the start, that something rebellious will happen.

 

The boys thought Red Velvet’s party was going to be in the SM building, but it turned out to be in the club they always reserve for their Halloween parties.

 

And it’s a pretty intense club setting. The dance floor is massive, and there’s a set of turntables that every DJ dreams of having. The bar was filled with various drinks (and variations of the type of alcohol), and there was even a place for the people who just wanted to lounge around.

 

There were many idols invited, and it seemed that all of them were comfortable getting touchy with one another. Since there weren’t any paparazzi or reporters inside, they could do whatever they wanted.

 

At first Hoseok loved the setting of the party, but then he remembered that if he does meet an idol to possibly hook up with, they’ll probably be drunk and it’ll be meaningless. Hoseok really isn’t there for meaningless hook-ups; he was at one point in his life, but now he actually wants a real relationship.

 

Hoseok would find some of his idol friends and dance with them, which was really fun (especially since they were all buzzed). But eventually the dance floor got too handsy to handle, and Hoseok had to sit down. He tried to go to the lounge area, but it was occupied by idol couples making-out.

 

And so, Hoseok was left to find Yoongi, wanting to leave early as well.

 

Yoongi was by the DJ station, talking to another female idol. Hoseok couldn’t see who she was, being Yoongi was (surprisingly) tall enough to block her from Hoseok’s view.

 

“Hey, hyung,” Hoseok tapped his shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter