세븐틴: Unexplainable Distraction

Action

세븐틴: Unexplainable Distraction

 

        That night, when eomoni left their house, Jeonghan couldn’t concentrate in everything. He was nervous, and seeing him like that, Jun was also anxious.

 

        Night came, and everybody was resting on their break. They were all lying down on the floor. Some were busy with their phones and some were only lying their tired body comfortably, and that includes their very own lazy angel, Jeonghan.

 

They observed Jeonghan. He was calm. Unexpectedly calm. They were surprised seeing Jeonghan so relaxed in the midst of a storm coming, unlike earlier.

 

On the contrary, the boys acted anxious for Jeonghan.

 

They were aware that if Jeonghan’s parents watched that movie, they will definitely kill their own son by anything they could bring. Who knows if they could bring a weapon as large as a samurai sword, so Jeonghan could die, at least, in honor?

 

The boys still pondered, how come Jeonghan was that of a calm water?

 

        Jun lie down next to the unexpectedly calm Jeonghan and asked.

 

Jun:

Hyung, did your mom called?

 

Jeonghan:

No. Why?

(He said innocently, while taking his time lying down, resting)

 

Jun:

Because they will watch the movie tonight, right?

I bet they already finished it by now, since it’s already late.

 

Jeonghan:

Why would they?

 

Jun:

Don’t you remember?

 

Jeonghan:

I mean…

They will not watch it.

(He said confidently)

 

Jun:

But your mom went this afternoon and told us that they’re going to watch it.

 

        Jeonghan seemed to be surprised.

 

Jeonghan:

What?!

 

Immediately, he got up and think. In a short span of time, finally, he seemed to remember.

 

He ran quickly around the house and searched for his phone, which he left just right beside Coups’ phone beside Joshua’s bag near them.

 

Joshua:

What are you searching?

 

Jeonghan:

My phone.

 

Joshua:

It’s just right there.

(Pointed his bag)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh god! Thank goodness.

I almost forgot!

I hope…

(He was currently scanning his phone quietly- particularly his inbox)

I’m dead.

(He fell into his knees before completely lying down)

 

        Sebongs panicked and rushed to him.

 

Mingyu:

What’s wrong?

 

Jeonghan:

My father texted me not to come home or he’ll kill me.

 

Jun:

I knew it!

 

Dino:

You mean, they really watched?!

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. That’s what the threat told me.

But my mom… my mom said she loved it and she’s proud of me. She even said she cried.

But!

There’s a ‘Let’s talk at home, sweetie.’ At the end.

(He rolled his body in a prawn position)

How can she say that to me after praising me?

I’m really dead.

(Held his head tight with his two hands)

They really watched it?

Really? Seriously?

I hope they’re just joking.

 

        Later on, his phone began vibrating and ringing.

 

Everyone was startled.

 

Jeonghan looked upon it and saw his dad’s number.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh god!

(He panicked)

Save meeeeeeee!

 

Joshua:

Answer it now.

C’mon we’ll help you.

 

        Jeonghan answered it with a shaky voice.

 

Jeonghan:

A-appa?

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Where are you?

We’re here in front of your door.

We already rang your doorbell several times.

(With a straight and cold voice)

 

Jeonghan:

(He went up immediately, and it caused a short sudden headache.)

What are you doing there?

 

Jeonghan’s Dad:

Are you going to open it or not?

(He said in an impatient tone)

 

Jeonghan:

I-I will appa, sorry, we’re in the practice room.

 

Jeonghan did not want to open the door, so he asked someone to open it for him.

 

At once, they assembled themselves in one straight long line with Jun and Jeonghan at the back. On the other hand, Seungcheol had no choice but to be in the front to open the door, since he’s the leader. He had also prepared his body already to be their shield.

 

Their brave –he hope- leader opened the door and greeted the couple with all the smile he could gather.

 

 

Seungcheol:

Da-dad… Go-good evening.

(Greeted them with his shaky voice and a defensive stance.)

 

Jeonghan’s Dad:

Where is my son?

 

Dino:

He’s at our back, dad.

(Peaked right at the back of their tallest)

 

Seungkwan:

Please don’t hurt him, appa.

 

        They were all clinging at the back of their member’s shirt of whoever was in front of them and hide.

 

Jeonghan’s Dad:

Come here!

(With a commanding voice)

 

Jeonghan’s Mom:

Jeonghan? Come here.

(With a calm and sweet tone)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was so scared)

Save me…

(He chanted)

 

        He had no choice but to go to his parents, and the boys had no choice but to surrender him.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

First of all!

Your kissing is too much!

Too much!

(Flicked his lips and forehead)

 

Jeonghan:

Ah!

I’m sorry.

(Held his forehead and pursed his lips)

 

Jeonghan’s Dad:

But I should say that it’s a good film, but never your outrageous scenes! Good that you didn’t expose anything on that scene. This kid!

What will people tell about you? Huh?!

I’m really mad about it!

(He scolded)

 

        Upon hearing Jeonghan Appa’s words, the boys trembled as well.

 

Jeonghan:

I told you not to watch… or- or you should have closed your eyes.

We already gave you the warning, appa!

 

        Jeonghan kept his distance from his dad while talking to them because he knew that his father could break him into pieces anytime.

 

        He was never wrong when he saw a big palm raised in the mid-air, ready to hit any part of his body the soonest; moreover, he was pretty sure how deadly it could be.

 

Jeonghan automatically bent his knees and covered his head. While, the Sebongs walked back a little- for defence. They retreated without any second thought. Not even thinking of blocking Mr. Yoon’s attack. No, no! Never! They knew it would hurt- a lot!

 

They brainwashed themselves too. Like- Jeonghan deserved that for breaking their hearts. He had no idea how dreadful to see him kissing another man like that! The intensity is unjust! He even acted like he was having xxx with the man WILLINGLY?! Like- “Jeonghan, it’s your punishment. Bear with it. We love you. I know you love us too for letting you be punished because we care for you. You must learn from it”- thing was going on inside Sebong’s mind because Mr. Yoon was really scary.

 

They never imaging that they looked exactly like Mr. Yoon after they finished watching the movie.

 

Jeonghan’s Dad:

It’s a matter of seconds Jeonghan! How am I supposed to close my eyes? And besides I don’t know when it will happen.

You’ll see when you get home.

(He threatened)

Anyway…Tell the director…

Thank you for everything…. But I am here not only for that-

 

Joshua:

Maybe, let’s talk about it inside, dad?

(He politely interrupted)

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

No, we’re fine. I’ll be quick, dear.

(Looked back at Jeonghan)

I would like you to take care of your friends. You should be proud of them. I heard from the director everything- that they looked after you every single time.

You owe them a lot. You gotta return the favour.

Alright?

(Faced the Sebongs back)

Thank you for protecting my son at any cost.

I know he’s giving you so much trouble, but I can only rely on you.

Thank you.

 

Sebongs:

That’s nothing, dad.

(With heavy perspiration)

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Son, this is your first acting, and I am proud of you. You’ve done very well. I hope that you will stay humble or else I will kill you myself.

I don’t want you to act like you are higher than anyone else. Stay on the ground or I will pull you down harder.

You remember that!

And I prevent you to act with something like that again! I will not allow it! Never! You’re still a baby to us.

(He smiled and became tame)

It just bothered me that you did it with men.

(He mumbled)

But anyway, we should be prepared for that, since you already told me.

You are old enough. You know what to do, son.

 

        The boys heard it and relay the message up until Jun. And that made Jun frozen!

 

        Dead. xxx

 

Jeonghan:

Araseo, appa.

I’m sorry.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

I heard that you are preparing for your comeback.

 

Hoshi:

Yes appa.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Make us proud!

And… I’m not done scolding you Jeonghan. We’ll continue this at home.

Don’t do anything more than that. Even with women and even if it’s just acting.

You get me?!

 

        Of course, his dad was only worried about him and his reputation. A parent doesn’t want their kids to suffer from bad rumours and bullying because they knew it could hurt them.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, appa.

(Still begging for forgiveness)

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Get up, imma!

 

        Jeonghan stood immediately and the others became attentive too.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Take care of yourself son… and all of you.

(He smiled)

I’m always proud of you boys.

 

Sebongs:

Thank you, appa.

 

Jeonghan’s Dad:

Visit us home if you have time. I’ll prepare a barbeque party for all of us.

(He smiled)

Please keep an eye of our angel, boys.

And Jeonghan… you should also take good care of them.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, appa.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

(Embraced and kissed Jeonghan’s forehead)

I miss you so much, Jeonghan.

I know you can make it. (Referring to any struggles he might come across)

 

Jeonghan:

I miss you both and tell our princess that I miss her too.

Saranghae~

 

Jeonghan’s Dad:

Your director showed us the behind the scenes Jeonghan. I should say you’ve wasted a lot of time just to perfect your scenes.

 

Jeonghan:

I already apologized for that. And I saw that you hurt Jun so much in your fight scenes.

(Looked at Jun)

Son, did he happen to break any of your bones or hurt you so much?

 

Jun:

That’s nothing appa. I’m not hurt at all.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Such a sweet child.

The director also told me that you got hospitalized.

 

Jun:

Ne?

(He was surprised.)

 

        Jeonghan felt guilty again upon remembering that incident. It was when Jun prevented him from landing in the ground with such a great impact because of harness malfunction, resulting for him to get his body and head injured by hitting a tree.

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

 

        Some already knew, but those who aren’t wore a confused expression.

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

He got hit by Jeonghan badly and fainted.

(He explained briefly)

 

Jun:

Ani- keuge-

(He was speechless because that was supposed to be a secret but their director was so talkative.)

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

Thank you for that, Jun.

You all should be careful next time.

Okay?

 

Sebongs:

Yes, dad!

Take care!

 

Jeonghan’s dad:

We should get going. It’s already late at night and your sister might have been waiting for us.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

Bye~ Saranghae.

 

        After Jeonghan’s parent’s left, the boys felt their knees weak. The tension made them literally weak. Gosh! Did Jeonghan’s dad all their energy? What the hell happened? They felt so tired as they came crashing their bodies down on the floor- well, this was exaggerating, but Jeonghan and Jun were the ones who landed their knees on the floor. They were scared the most, since they’re the culprit.

 

Anyway, thank god it was over. Jeonghan’s parents left already, and they were relieved.

 

Jeonghan:

I thought I’m dead.

 

Hoshi:

Maybe we should continue this tomorrow, alright?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s just 10?

 

Jihoon:

Are you sick?

 

Hoshi:

I got tired because I was anxious earlier.

(He giggled)

And besides I need to revise something.

 

Jeonghan:

My hamster, sleep early too.

 

Hoshi:

Oh yeah!

I will, later.

Besides, I need to take a shower too.

But today was really exhausting.

(With a melting gestures- feeling weak and no energy.)

 

Mingyu:

I agree.

 

Seungcheol:

Alright!

Let’s call it a day!

 

        It was a good night for everyone. They were all sound asleep, except for one poor angel, Jeonghan.

 

Ever since he experienced his nosebleed after he came back from their house, he kept on waking up every dawn between 4-6 am. If not by freezing or the red rashes, it was mostly about headaches, bleeding, and vomiting.

 

        One time, Jeonghan woke up late.

 

The boys were already out of the room. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw nothing. He’s blind again. He tried to call them, but his voice seemed weak that he couldn’t reach out any of them.

 

With that hopeless action, he decided to take his move.

 

He climbed down from his bed alone. He landed safely, fortunately; however, when he d the doorknob and was about to open, Mingyu opened it first. The boy was about to call Jeonghan’s name when he felt that he bumped into something. Looking at the casualty, he saw his beloved princess on the floor.

 

It was an accident.

 

Mingyu panicked as he helped Jeonghan up.  

 

Mingyu:

Omo!

Omona!

(He immediately assisted Jeonghan)

I’m sorry.

You alright?

 

        Fortunately, Jeonghan didn’t hit any parts of his body on anything. It’s just that he was surprised, backed off, and fell.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m alright.

Don’t worry.

(He smiled staring blankly in the air.)

Mingyu can you assist me?

I cannot see.

 

        That moment, Mingyu wasn’t able to answer immediately. The boy was somehow stocked, distracted by something he saw.

 

When the older one heard no response, he called Mingyu again.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu?

 

Mingyu:

(He was startled a bit)

Um- yeah?

 

Jeonghan:

What’s wrong?

 

Mingyu:

Ummm, hyung, did you notice that your nose bleed during your sleep?

                 

Jeonghan:

Ah no… wh-

Ah- wait?

Did i-

 

Mingyu:

Your clothes have blood.

Dried blood.

 

        Mingyu became worried as he saw a big stain on his hyung’s pyjamas.

 

Jeonghan:

Really?

I didn’t know!

(He panicked)

Just get my-

(He held his head as it stings and throbbed)

Ah!

My head hurts.

 

 

        Jeonghan experienced a switching of vision- from blur to dark, from clear to black out again and again. It made him more dizzy.

 

 

        On the other hand, Mingyu kept calling the other boy’s name; however, since Jeonghan didn’t react at all, the tall dongsaeng assumed that he’s not hearing anything.  He kept calling his hyung in pain, and his loud voice called everybody’s attention.

 

        One by one, Sebongs gathered.

 

        After a while, as Jeonghan kept adjusting his vision by continuous blinking, he saw his boys coming one after another.

 

        Then, out of impulse, he looked at his hand and shirt and discovered that his blood stained them badly.

 

 

Jeonghan:

Wha-what’s happening?

(He’s feeling light headed)

 

        The boys became terribly worried about what they had witnessed.

 

Wonwoo:

How are you feeling?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m fine. I think I need to be seated.

Don’t-

 

        Jeonghan collapsed. He almost fell on the ground, but thank goodness, Mingyu’s fast reflex saved him by crashing on the floor completely.

 

        Jeonghan was still conscious, but his vision was spinning. He held his hands, while his weak, unstable body was leaning on Mingyu’s strong one.

 

        He tried to compose his body back; however, he’s too weak to hold his weight.

 

 

 

DK:

Hyung?

Hyung?!

 

        The boys started panicking, but they managed to call Jeonghan’s doctor immediately.

 

        Seeing that his princes were all worried, he fought his dizziness and tried to comfort them.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m-

 

        However, talking was not easy, as he felt his chest heavy. He’s currently experiencing difficulty in breathing.

 

        He tried once more, but he never ended his sentence. Jeonghan collapsed and fell unconscious.

 

        As quickly as they could act, the boys made sure that Jeonghan would be comfortable on bed. They checked everything while waiting for the doctor to come.

 

        In the middle of their busy activities on how to keep Jeonghan warm and fine, the sleeping beauty woke up unexpectedly fast.

 

In a matter of a few minutes, Jeonghan opened his eyes, feeling fine. Yes, he was feeling perfectly fine. He sat straight while his eyes were busy looking at those people who were slowly gathering near him upon knowing that he’s already conscious.

 

        The now worried boys, became more worried when their Jeonghan started speaking.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry- but wh-

(He was squinting his eyes)

Who are-

(He looked around and see a dorm-type arrangement and then later on…)

Oh! Omo!

(He was startled)

Uh- Guys… I’m fine now!

(With his confused face)

Gosh! Why am I here?

 

Mingyu:

You fainted.

 

Jeonghan:

Really?!

Oh my. Sorry, but you don’t have to worry anymore.

I am perfectly fine now.

 

Wonwoo:

You sure?

 

Dino:

What do you mean by who are? Who are we?

Don’t tell me…

 

Jeonghan:

No… no!

I thought I passed out somewhere, you are all super blurred when I opened my eyes. I could only see the shape of the face with dark circles on your eyes.

(He giggled)

Or I already assumed that I am inside a hospital again.

(He sighed)

Good thing, I’m still here.

(He smiled)

 

DK:

We looked scary to you earlier, then?

(Thought that the description of a face with having just two dark circles would be so scary, especially when you just wake up- he’s the ever innocent DK after all.)

 

Seungkwan:

Your doctor is here with another specialist.

 

Jeonghan:

Doctor Eric?

 

Joshua:

Yeah, with Doctor Evans. - his colleague from London who specializes in neurology.

 

 

Jeonghan:

For?

 

Joshua:

We called them, of course. And it happened that they wanted to talk to you privately about something.

They are accompanied by your interpreter.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh… I see.

 

Seungcheol:

Please tell us everything, Han-ah.

 

        Upon their meeting, Doctor Eric immediately went straight to the point. He wanted Jeonghan to have his general check-up again, including the CT scan. He wanted to run some tests too, so they could deliver it back to London with Doctor Evans to be examined. In addition, they wanted to check if their medication and therapy made some improvements in his body.

 

 Right at the moment, they were developing some kind of vitamins for their patient’s weak body aside from the ‘in progress development’ operation.

 

With that request, Jeonghan needed to go with the doctors to the hospital and do some tests. He might also be returning the next day for the other physical examination too.

 

The boys were never relieved seeing the doctors because they knew that Jeonghan was not feeling any better. The signs of it were his frequent vomiting and bleeding. But they never loses hope.They fight!

 

        Resumed from practicing, Hoshi was always focused his eyes on Jeonghan while looking at the mirror; though, his intention was really to check on them all. It’s just that he’s more attentive with Jeonghan because he’s worried about him. Their cute choreographer kept monitoring him and see if he would let Jeonghan or maybe everyone to take a break first.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan noticed that Hoshi was looking at him secretly using the big mirror in front of them. He smiled back at their master choreographer to tell that he’s fine.

 

Hoshi trusted him.

 

They continued practicing, but Hoshi didn’t push them to hard that day. Anyway, their day ended well. No bad signs happened, except Jeonghan wasn’t able to follow the steps well unlike before.

 

To be honest, their choreography was quite complex and tiring. Everybody was showing it. They were learning the steps slowly. He thought, maybe it’s too complicated. Even Dino and Jihoon were complaining at the corner while studying the steps further. So, Hoshi decided to make it a little simpler, but never thought of compromising the impact of the performance.

 

They called it a day, and people started washing their sweaty bodies, so they could rest already.

 

While waiting for his turn for a shower, Hoshi stayed at the practice room, rearranging the steps.

 

Wonwoo, noticed him practicing alone.

 

 

Wonwoo:

Pssst!

Hamster!

(He called with his piercing eyes with gentle voice)

 

Hoshi:

Kkamchagiya!

(He was startled because he wasn’t expecting someone to visit him, not Wonwoo.)

Why?

 

Wonwoo:

Time to sleep, hamster.

 

Hoshi:

Ya!

Jeonghan hyung and our Carats are the only ones who’s entitled to call me with that name.

(He giggled)

 

        Wonwoo just stared at him, and Hoshi automatically get what he wanted to say.

 

Hoshi:

Alright.

Just give me a sec.

I’m planning to have a simpler steps, just in case.

I noticed that we are all not in our proper minds to maintain a very complicated choreography. Since we had a busy year.

(He giggled)

I’ll take my shower soon.

 

Wonwoo:

Alright.

Good night, HamSTAR.

(He grinned sweetly (?))

 

Hoshi:

Was that supposed to be a sweet greeting?

(He chuckled)

 

        Wonwoo never answered, but a smile on his face.

 

        As Wonwoo advised, Hoshi went to shower after an hour revising some of the steps, and rest.

 

        The next day, they had to –as usual- practice again.

 

        They tried to rehearse the original steps; however, as Hoshi observed, the team might wanted to try the simpler one after this one last rehearsal.

 

        Hoshi kept his sharp eyes on them until the song ended. He noticed that Jeonghan was frowning all the way up until they finished dancing the song. He was exceptionally irritated with his mistakes.

 

        Meanwhile, Jeonghan was contemplating with his mistakes. He was so disappointed at himself. He thought, he had the most error among all. He felt really bad about it, especially to Hoshi, who’s working hard for their team.

 

        O well, Hoshi had no choice but to change the steps, since it’s hard to work it out with the current state of mind and body of their members, considering that they’re all tired from their concert worldwide. They even haven’t had their vacation yet, and there they go again, preparing for their comeback.

 

Anyway, their performance leader’s sudden announcement surprised everybody else.

 

Hoshi:

Guys!

Let’s have a break!

(He dismissed them while wiping his sweat with his white towel)

 

        Seventeen was so surprised when Hoshi called for a break.

 

Seungkwan:

You sure?

 

Hoshi:

Yeah.

 

Wonwoo:

Okay. Thanks!

(He smiled like it was not surprising at all because he knew that he was planning that thing the other night. And he’s aware that it was for everybody else.)

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

 

Hoshi:

I might change some steps.

Maybe a simpler one for everyone.

 (He smiled cutely and charmingly)

 

        It bothered the members, but they were relieved hearing that.

 

        During the break, some gathered around and discussed what might hit their cutie monster’s mind.

 

Jeonghan:

I think… it’s my fault.

(He muttered in a sad tone)

 

Jun:

I don’t think so.

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Don’t try to cover it up, Jun. I know.

I have the most mistakes.

(Then, he curved down his lips)

 

Joshua:

Don’t say that.

 

Wonwoo:

It’s not your fault. Believe me.

(He smiled gently)

Just trust him. Okay? It’s for us.

I find the steps difficult too. Maybe he realized that it’s too complicated for us in such an abrupt stage for our comeback.

You know him. He’s a perfectionist. He will do everything for the performance.

(He smiled and tapped his hyung’s chin before he left to get their water.)

 

Seungcheol:

Wonwoo is right, hanie-yah.

Maybe he has his reasons.

(He smiled)

Let us trust our master choreographer.

I really hope it’s simpler. God! The original one is too exhausting.

 

        Jeonghan nodded sadly.

 

        Noticing that their little talk did not do any better for Jeonghan, Jihoonie make way to divert his attention to another, who needs more attention. Their genius composer admitted that Hoshi is like a kid, who needs and at the same time, loves affection and attention so much.

 

Jihoon:

Hyung, I think he wants you to deliver his water.

(Hoonie pointed at Hoshi and winked)

Cheer up!

You are his vitamins, he’d be glad to see you.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

(He forced a smile)

 

        Jeonghan met his beautiful and y hamster and had him his water.

 

Jeonghan:

Hoshi?

Take a rest first.

(He smiled gently)

 

        Upon hearing that sweet call, the man wearing his y, serious expression- thinking of how to tell the others the new step- suddenly changed into a different creature. Kwon fire changed into Kwon Howsh! Soon Young smiled together with his eyes twinkling after seeing his angel vitamins. Everything on his serious face lit up! He became cute and endearing.

 

Hoshi:

Wae, my angel?

 

        He ran cutely and clung to him like a pet.

 

Jeonghan:

(Took the chance to apologize)

Hoshi… sorry.

 

Hoshi:

(With his big eyes)

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

I keep on having mistakes.

 

Hoshi:

That’s not a problem. We can practice it Hanie ya~

(With a cute ageyo)

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry.

I’ll do better.

 

Hoshi:

Don’t say that. It’s not your fault.

And besides, I know you are doing so much better.

(Winked)

 

        Jeonghan just smile; however, he couldn’t help himself to think that he burdened the others.

 

        After the break, Hoshi executed the simpler version.

 

Simple is never simple to Hoshi. It looked simple, but never easy. It was a choreography with full of overwhelming emotions and actions with all the iness and other stuffs too. Still fancy enough to kill of whoever would watch them.

 

After showing the steps, his audience became lively; though, they know it’s not that easy as it looks, but they know he could do it confidently.

 

 

Seungcheol:

Nice!

I love it!

Better!

(Clapped his hands loudly)

 

Joshua:

I agree.

(He smiled in relief)

 

Seungkwan:

Thank goodness!

 

Hoshi:

How about the others?

Yah like it?

(With his y yet adorable smile)

I just need your y charm here~

 

Seungkwan:

I’ll take care of that, hyung!

 

DK:

Yeah! Show your curvessss!

 

Seungkwan:

You insulting me?!

 

DK:

No!

I said you are y.

 

Vernon:

Yes, he is insulting you.

And I think, I love the new choreography!

(He clapped his hands slowly but loudly)

 

Seungkwan:

(With his revengeful face)

Ya! Are you siding me or what?

 

Vernon:

I am your friend. Don’t worry.

 

Seungkwan:

About?

 

Vernon:

I’m being true to you, you know.

 

Seungkwan:

(Confused with Vernon’s mystical and yet confusing words.)

I don’t know how to react on that.

 

        Then, all of them laughed.

 

        Another break again. While waiting for their food to be delivered, they dispersed and took a rest at their favourite spots.

 

        While the others were scattered somewhere, Jeonghan went to their room. He climbed up to his bed and tried to reflect on everything that happened. He got his notebook and started writing- as he always do whenever he has free time.

 

        Meanwhile, Hoshi was searching for the sad angel. He knew that he might still blaming himself for the sudden change of his decision.

 

Soon Young wanted to talk to him because he might think too much about the things he shouldn’t be troubled off; moreover, his additional stress might add up to the weight he’s feeling right now with his sickness.

 

He came across Jun and asked.

 

Hoshi:

Jun, where is Hanie hyung?

 

Jun:

He went to the bedroom.

 

Hoshi:

Thanks.

 

        The hamster knocked before he entered.

 

Jeonghan was startled and kept his notebook and pen immediately under his pillow, so that he won’t ask about it.

 

Hoshi:

Hanie hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

Mmm?

(Acted as if he was okay)

 

Hoshi:

Can we talk?

 

Jeonghan:

Sure.

What’s this all about?

 

Hoshi:

You’re sad.

I think you need someone to talk to.

 

Jeonghan:

No. I’m just fine.

(He lied again)

 

Hoshi:

You can’t lie to me.

(He climbed up to reach Jeonghan)

 

Jeonghan:

Hoshi-

 

Hoshi:

Tell me honestly. If you keep that inside, I will be worried.

Are you sad because of me?

(Wore a gentleman smile)

 

Jeonghan:

No. That’s not true.

 

Hoshi:

I will listen.

 

Jeonghan:

No. that’s because I keep on-

I mean I know why you changed the choreography and i-

 

Hoshi:

Hyung, I told you it’s not your fault.

 

Jeonghan:

Hoshi, please tell me honestly what you think of me.

 

Hoshi:

Beautiful!

(He said with enthusiasm; however, after seeing Jeonghan not happy and contented with his answer, he comforted him right away.)

Hyung… my decision is for the whole team.

(He caressed Jeonghan’s hand)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was not convinced with Soon Young’s excuse)

Scolding me is okay.

Like what you are doing before.

I know that you worked hard for the choreography.

 

Hoshi:

Hyung, we have lots more songs to do.

C’mon.

Cheer up!

Simple choreography is quite new for me to do… and I loved our new one. Actually, I was a bit challenged, and I’m happy with the result.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m afraid I’m hurting you.

(He began crying)

Sorry… I’m just-

 

Hoshi:

It’s okay to cry, hyung. I’m here for you.

I know it’s hard for you too.

 

        Though, his heart is wrecking too.

 

Jeonghan:

Is that the reason why you don’t scold me that much?

I see you looking at me in the mirror.

 

Hoshi:

(Giggled; although his heart is bleeding)

Aigoo, hyung~

(Wiping his tears gently)

That’s because I wanted to be inspired.

 

Jeonghan:

(With his cute judging face)

I don’t believe you.

 

Hoshi:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t think I’m giving you inspiration, but stress.

 

Hoshi:

That’s not true.

How can your beautiful smile be so stressful?

You know I love you so much. And you are my energy, hyung. Everybody knows that.

And hyung, tell me how can love be so stressful?

(Trying to be cheesy with his sweet giggle)

 

Jeonghan:

When you love someone like me.

 

Hoshi:

(Got a little serious and pinched Jeonghan’s cheeks hard enough to punish him)

Ya!

Don’t hurt me that way!

 

Jeonghan:

Aw!

(Rubbed his cheeks)

Why?

 

Hoshi:

Yoon Jeonghan!

I love you because I love you!

(He stated loud and clear)

This hyung, really!

 

        Later on, he realized that he became so bold and started to get embarrassed.

 

Jeonghan:

(Was surprised)

Did y-

(He blushed upon hearing Hoshi’s straight confession.)

 

Hoshi:

(Looked at him with his blushing cheeks and acted coolly)

W-what?!

You know it anyway.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m pressured.

 

Hoshi:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Nothing.

 

Hoshi:

Jeonghan-ah, I love you…. Even though, I know the others are swarming around you.

I don’t care. I hope you won’t stop me.

 

Jeonghan:

Hoshi?

 

Hoshi:

Mmm?

 

Jeonghan:

The choreography-

 

Hoshi:

Hajima!

 

Jeonghan:

No. I mean to say, it looks simple and clean and y.

You are expectedly genius, Hoshi.

 

Hoshi:

Don’t flatter me like that.

I’m flattered.

(He acted cute again)

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

You deserve it.

 

Hoshi:

(He smiled exposing his chubby blushing cheeks)

I’m shy.

 

Jeonghan:

Can you accept my apology?

 

Hoshi:

You did nothing wrong.

Besides, the members are having difficulties too.

And I want our Carats to follow this dance quickly, so they can dance with us.

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

Can you just accept it ones? It’s hard for me for always say “thank you” to all of you. I feel that I’m just using you.

I will say this once in a while.

And besides, it makes me feel lighter too.

 

Hoshi:

If that’s your wish.

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t mind saying ‘I love you’ back too.

(Teased the poor Soon Young)

I love you, Soon Young ah.

 

Hoshi:

(With his red as tomato face)

I-

(Cleared his throat)

I love you too.

Aigoo~

Why am I getting shy with this?

(Held his hot, red, blushing cheeks)

 

Jeonghan:

()

Look at my eyes Soon Young-ah.

 

Hoshi:

(He forced himself to look at Jeonghan’s eyes)

W-why?

(He blushed more and more)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

Saranghae~

Sorry for being emotional for the past few days.

I think I’m getting too sensitive.

 

Hoshi:

I understand. I feel that too.

Don’t be bothered. I understand.

Just talk to me.

 

Jeonghan:

When you feel sad, you can talk to me too.

(Looked intently at Hoshi)

Soon Young ah. You look so cute.

(He leaned on his shoulder)

 

Hoshi:

(He panicked)

I-i know.

 

Jeonghan:

(He giggled)

Hoshi, can I skip the practice? I want to sleep.

 

Hoshi:

Then let’s all sleep after we eat.

 

Jeonghan:

No. I mean now.

I feel sleepy and lazy.

Wake me up after an hour maybe.

 

Hoshi:

Alright.

 

        Jeonghan closed his eyes and fell asleep completely.

 

        Hoshi left Jeonghan in the middle of his sleep. They did not disturb him and reserved his food until he wakes up. Later on, while some boys lay down their bodies somewhere because it was their siesta time, Hoshi was stuck at the dining table leaving his chin rest on the wooden table with a melting –almost- sad face.

 

        Minghao noticed.

 

The8:

What’s wrong, hyung?

 

Hoshi:

I’m hurt.

(Answered sadly with his cute melting cheeks)

 

The8:

(He thought that Hoshi was tired, or if not he was bothered by something)

You should rest.

What’s hurting you?

 

Hoshi:

My heart.

(With a cute, chubby, sorrowful face)

 

The8:

Why?

 

Hoshi:

My angel is hurt.

I saw him cry.

 

The8:

What?!

I’ll kill you!

 

Hoshi:

Kill me please. My heart!

 

        The other members caught him like that too. His cheeks were down. He’s cute, but he looked so sad. Seriously sad~

 

Joshua:

Something happened?

 

Hoshi:

I think, Hanie hyung is hurting because he thought he’s giving us a hard time.

 

Seungcheol:

(Sighed)

Aigoo~

He cannot do that to himself. I’ll talk to him.

Is he okay when you left him?

 

Hoshi:

I don’t know. I hope so.

My heart hurts!

(Clutched his chest with his engrossed acting)

Ah!

Ah!

Hel-

 

        Then, Wonwoo spank him hard at his head.

 

Hoshi:

Aw!

Can’t you see I’m being sa-

 

Wonwoo:

Overly dramatic.

(He grinned)

I love your new choreography. It’s good!
It’s track-able. Easy to follow, but exhausting.

(He smiled)

 

Hoshi:

I can’t really believe you.

(Back to his sad mode)

 

Dino:

I think Wonwoo hyung is right.

I love it!

Hanie hyung is just being so girly because I think he’s getting weaker when he sees us weaker looking at him.

I know he don’t want that.

 

Joshua:

But we cannot maintain that happy and hype attitude when we see him hurting.

 

Hoshi:

He wants us to be honest.

 

Jun:

That’s a hard thing to do.

I tried it and it just gave me an insomnia. Not able to sleep in a while.

(He sighed)

 

Mingyu:

True.

 

DK:

I think he needs scolding.

(He giggled)

 

Vernon:

I think so too.

 

Seungkwan:

Let’s scold him later.

 

Seungcheol:

Sure.

 

Jihoon:

Hoshi ya- stop that expression (cute sad face) of yours, it’s irritating.

 

Hoshi:

Ya!

I’m being cutely sad here.

 

Jihoon:

Want me to pierce your fat cheeks with toothpick?

 

Seungcheol:

I will not be surprised if you (Jihoon) will go to jail in the future. You are scary.

Cut that out!

(He scolded)

 

Jihoon:

You’ll be my next target.

I’ll be sleeping now.

Don’t disturb me.

 

Seungcheol:

Go now.

 

Joshua:

Sleep tight.

(He giggled)

 

Jihoon:

Rest well too, Joshua hyung.

(Flashing a cute smile)

 

Joshua:

Thank you.

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

(Disbelief face)

That hyung has really his bias, isn’t he?

 

Hoshi:

He sure does.

Aigoo~

My heart.

(Back to his acting)

 

Wonwoo:

I said cut it out!

 

Hoshi:

Just mind your own business. Leave me here.

(Sobbing quietly and cutely.)

 

Wonwoo:

(He giggled and pinched Hoshi’s face)

Aigoo! Gwiyeopda.

 

        Hoshi was surprised with Wonwoo’s action. He was not like that. Mingyu, The8 and the others were surprised too.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, what has gotten to you?

 

Seungkwan:

Are you sick, hyung?

 

Wonwoo:

(He smiled)

I’m completely fine.

I just want to startle you.

 

Vernon:

Daebak!

If that’s your goal, you did it perfectly, hyung.

(With his memesol’s expression)

 

Mingyu:

Why are you acting like this?

 

Wonwoo:

Nothing special.

I thought you need cheering up.

 

DK:

Hyung…

(With his large surprised and disbelief eyes)

Don’t get me wrong. I love you but-

But… this is scaring us.

 

Wonwoo:

(Went back to his cold icy stares)

I don’t love you. I love Jeonghan.

(Then, he smiled again)

 

        Obviously, the boys were speechless.

 

        Wonwoo was so random sometimes.

 

Wonwoo:

What?!

What’s wrong with you guys?

(With an innocent face like he did nothing about how surprised the boys were.)

 

Jun:

Ya, you really are scaring us.

 

Seungcheol:

Are you trying to provoke us, Wonwoo ya? (From their silent love war)

 

Wonwoo:

(He giggled sweetly)

Yes.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll give ya hell of a fight.

 

Wonwoo:

(Giggled softly)

Araseo.

Hyung needs great love not a sympathy and worry.

Love is different from that.

We should give him more thrill, not drama.

We all look serious and worried. That’s why he can feel the burden.

 

Sungcheol:

(He smiled)

Cunning!

Alright!

A friendly-love-war then?

I mean… you know what I mean.

Tell Jihoon.

 

Wonwoo:

I think, he knows it already.

 

Jihoon:

(From their back)

How dare you leave me behind?

(With his piercing eyes)

I’m on!

 

Mingyu:

Reservations, on!

 

        All raised their hands in unison.

 

Seungkwan:

How should we do this?

 

The8:

Drawlots is better.

(He smiled)

 

        They drawlots and had their own chances.

 

Jun:

I feel bad for Jeonghan hyung.

We’re 12.

He will be overwhelmed on how handsome his lovers are.

(He giggled)

 

Seungcheol:

Blame himself for being beautiful inside out.

(He grinned)

 

Sebong:

Fighting!!!

 

Joshua:

I expect something in exchange too!

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

Aigoo~ this hyung! Tsk!

Well, I’m on!

 

Hoshi:

Abusive! But I like it too.

 

Seungkwan:

It seems that he loves us so much. I bet he’s confused because we are all handsome. Poor Hanie heart.

 

        Poor Hanie. Yes, it’s true that he’s blessed with a lot of lovers willing to love him unconditionally (including s and those from the outside); however, it is also hard to distribute love equally. So, good luck to all of them.

 

 

Here you go, guys. I hope you are still enjoying.

I’m losing my confidence writing lately. Aigoo~ forgive me. please let me know if this disappoints you or not, okies? Don’t worry, I won’t be angry. Hahaha! I just need some- ummmm- some criticism??? I think I really need it. haha. Coz I’m not sure if I’m making this story smoothly. I think I’m lacking something. Am I missing something? i feel that i'm missing something though. i think i  am lost. Help me find what I have missed, please. mmmwuah. Let me know, guys. it'll be a big big help.

 

Thank you and take care. Love yaaaaaaaaah~