세븐틴:  Sweet-Bitter Pockey

Action

세븐틴:  Sweet-Bitter Pockey

 

MAMA 2017 came. Sebongs were so hyped. They gave it all their best in their performance, making their poor leader sick. Seungcheol was looking pale and weak by the time they were about to go home. The boys felt that he forced himself to interact with people until they finished the act.

 

Poor Leader.

 

Moreover, their Minghao’s back was really in a painful state right after they arrived at the hotel.

 

Seungcheol collapsed at the hotel lobby. All were surprised, but good thing Mingyu and Jun were strong enough to carry their hyung back to their van and they had brought him to the clinic. On the other while, the others were with Minghao, helping him with cold press and all.

 

Back with Seungcheol, he was diagnosed with an over fatigue and he needed to rest. But the doctor assured them that he’s gonna be okay after he’s rested well.

 

That night, the boys surrounded their leader, and it gave Seungcheol trouble. Why not? They’re crowded in a single room.

 

Seungcheol:

(With a weak voice)

C’mon guys. I’ll be fine. Go to your room.

And Minghao ya. What did I tell you? You need to rest too.

 

Minghao:

Yeah. I will. Soon.

 

Soon Young:

Can you travel tonight?

 

Seungcheol:

Of course.

 

That dawn, with a little rest, the boys travelled back to Korea.

 

Fortunately, Seungcheol got better after his rest. On the contrary, Minghao felt so much pain in his back. He couldn’t move.

 

For the meantime, the boys handled themselves without their leader because they couldn’t stress their leader at the moment because he needed to rest.

 

Meanwhile, Jihoon got a little cold and their Maknae got a slight fever.

 

Aw! The boys were slowly getting sick.

 

Joshua on the other hand was feeling weak, maybe because he was the one who took care of Seungcheol the whole night. He wasn’t able to sleep as his assistants, Jeonghan and Jihoon, fell quickly asleep and he had no one to rely on.

 

Anyway, the other boys were busy handling things on their own. They talk to their manager one by one and it bombarded the manager because there are too plenty of them inquiring.

 

Gosh! Then, he realized, Seungcheol was prone to stress and all. Their manager ended up having a migraine with their pestering calls and inquiries.

 

So, when all had gathered again in their home. With the sick boys up and the busy boys just came home… Seungcheol immediately did a head count with his pajamas on. Then, he noticed, he’s missing one beautiful prince.

 

Seungcheol:

Where is Jeonghan?

(He asked with a worried tone)

 

Minghao looked at him the opposite way the boys did. He was smiling.

 

Minghao:

He’s sleeping at the couch. Haven’t you noticed?

He fell asleep while we are waiting for you, guys. Maybe he got tired preparing the food for you.

 

Mingyu:

I think, he’s becoming an angel cook!

(He giggled)

 

Jihoon:

Everything okay?

(He confirmed despite Minghao displaying a very calm face)

 

Minghao:

Yeah.

No need to worry.

Let’s eat!

 

DK:

Something’s ready?

(Hoping that they didn’t need to wait for a little longer to eat because they were all hungry from the practice)

 

Minghao:

Yes.

Hyung and I made a feast for all of you.

(He giggled sweetly)

 

Seungkwan:

I’ll go and check Jeonghanie hyung first.

I miss you both!

 

After the boy said that, he ran to their living room and found their hyung covered with a furry blanket that actually matches the sofa, that’s why they didn’t notice. Seungkwan felt relieved after seeing their angel all healthy with his color. He said hello to their sleeping beauty with a soft pat and kiss on his cheeks.

 

Seungkwan:

Aigoo, hyung… goodnight.

I’ll eat a lot tonight.

 

Then, the boy immediately ran to the kitchen and helped his hyungs in arranging their dining table.

 

It’s not surprising that they finished everything in the table, coz heck, first of all, they haven’t had their dinner yet and it’s already 10 in the evening; second, it was so delicious, as if they were eating inside a restaurant (well, Minghao and Jeonghan ‘bought’ the magical ingredient (MSG) and added another magical potion which was ‘love); and third, it was Jeonghan’s and The 8’s magnificent work!

 

And so, the boys rested their tired body on their warm beds covered with a very thick comforter.

 

As the morning came, Jeonghan was the one to wake up early. He prepared a heavy breakfast for everyone. Well, not so heavy. He just bought a bread in the nearest bakery around the area, put some spread and meat with some veggies, and served them a hot coffee.

 

Later on, as Seungkwan got off to bed early in the morning, since he knew his hyung would get his attacks every dawn. It’s like his body knew what time to wake up; even though, he did not set his alarm on.

 

He saw his ever pretty hyung inside the kitchen, wearing an apron with a well-prepared breakfast. He smiled and walked merrily while calling Jeonghan by a nickname.

 

Seungkwan:

Ommaaaaaa~ Good morning!

 

Jeonghan was startled, but he looked at Seungkwan with a smile and greeted him with the same energy, Seungkwan made.

 

Jeonghan:

Good morning, Seungkwanie~ call the others and we are ready to eat.

 

The boy went to embrace his hyung cutely.

 

Seungkwan:

Okies~

Oh! Jeonghanie hyung?

Did you have attacks this morning?

 

Jeonghan:

Nope.

(He smiled weakly)

 

        Seungkwan didn’t believe what Jeonghan was saying as he gave him a doubtful stares. And there, Jeonghan defended himself, saying that he’s telling the truth.

 

Seungkwan:

Then, why do you look so weak, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

Do I?

I think, I’m in perfect shape, though.

 

Seungkwan:

(Doubting something)

Really?

Then, something is probably bothering you?

 

The jolly man became a serious one, since he wanted to ask something he saw from the garbage the last time. He wanted to ask what was his hyung truly felt. He was afraid that he’s concealing his sufferings just for their sake. He was worried that he’s already overdoing it, and it may cause him a lot- actually, he was afraid that the members were already causing him a lot. Of course Jeonghan wanted them to be happy too. He already said that he wanted to give all the love s deserves, but how about him? Was he disregarding himself?

 

Seungkwan remembered his journals… the tone of love he was giving in every notes was full of desire of returning their loves back, but that love might probably causing him too much suffering. Probably he’s so confused of what to do. He was afraid of hurting all of them, even each of them. Seungkwan knew how cautious his hyung was in his actions towards s. There’s just ambiguous phrases of hating something or somebody; though, it was not revealed. Could it be one of them? –he asked himself, but he couldn’t think of any.

 

Among all of them, Seungkwan knew what exactly- or not exactly- but what Jeonghan somehow feels. He had read all of them by now, without Jeonghan knowing… but lately, he stopped writing. The boy thought, he was just busy, but it didn’t seem so. Jeonghan seemed suddenly stopped writing since after their concert. As of the moment, Boo knew that Jeonghan wasn’t aware yet that he;s been reading his journals, since he’s acting normal whenever he’s with him.

 

Seungkwan became so sad learning that their hyung was not the same hyung they had before. He wanted to do something for Jeonghan, but all he could do was to understand him in any decision he would make. He could just stay by his side and support him. That’s the least that he could do… because loving him and expecting something in return was selfish enough for a fragile man like Jeonghan. So, he decided to be Jeonghan’s ear and defender.

 

The jolly man wanted to ask Jeonghan that time while nobody’s around, but he thought it’s too early to discuss something heavy. He just went singing while entering every room pestering everyone to get up for breakfast.

 

Too bad, pillows kept flying towards him, but it was okay. He’s used to it anyway.

 

So, the members had no choice but to force themselves to get off their beds and head to the kitchen to eat. Damn! Their schedule was killing them. There’s no time to rest, and yet they were not fully recovered from their past concerts.

 

While the boys were huddling up, Minghao shouted in pain when Mingyu pulled him off the bed.

 

The boy bent forward as he held on to his lower back. Mingyu became worried and called any available member he sees by the door.

 

Mingyu:

DK!

 

DK:

What happened?

(He helped Mingyu assist the poor Minghao)

Does your back really hurt?

 

Minghao:

(He was biting his lips with a fast pace breathing, seemed like adjusting to the pain he’s feeling)

I’m going to be fine.

 

Mingyu:

Wait here.

I’ll get a cold compress, but you should eat so you can have pain killer.

 

Minghao:

Yeah. Thanks.

 

When the others saw Mingyu running wild inside their kitchen, the boys became alerted.

 

Seungcheol:

Hey, what’s going on?

 

Mingyu:

Minghao’s not feeling well.

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

What happened?

 

Mingyu:

His back aches, hyung.

 

Joshua:

Can he move?

 

Jeonghan:

It must be my fault.

(He bit his thumb in his worry)

 

Seungkwan and Dino looked at him. They were also worried that Jeonghan was blaming himself with everything that was happening to them. They felt so bad for their hyung because his disease made him think a lot.

 

On the other hand, Jun remembered what he told Minghao when they visited him for the first time. That that injury was from the accident they had when Jeonghan fainted for the first time inside the backstage. He thought that it was to keep that information a secret because Jeonghan would feel really bad for it; even though, it was not his fault. He kept quiet the whole time, but he was so worried that Minghao was abusing himself.

 

Jihoon:

Why do you think so?

(He was worried on how worried Jeonghan was)

 

Jeonghan:

Coz I think he carried me a lot of times.

Sorry.

 

The boys noticed that nowadays, Jeonghan kept on saying those words ‘SORRY’- even in every little mistakes he does.

 

Jun:

It’s not your fault, hyung.

It’s nobody’s fault.

Maybe he just needs a rest.

 

Seungcheol:

If he felt really bad… he needed to skip the practice for today. And he needed to skip shows too.

 

Joshua:

I think it’s the best.

 

Soon Young:

Hyung…

(With his exhausted expression)

Can- can we …

(A little hesitant)

 

Seungcheol:

Talk, Soon Young ah… I need you to be more transparent. Okay?

It will help us.

 

Soon Young:

Hyung…

I feel really exhausted from our activities… I was just hoping if… we are permitted to skip today’s practice because we already memorized the choreography, right? No one’s gonna make a mistake on the shows, right?

 

They were surprised that Hoshi asked first because he’s the monster who keep them on practice until they dropped.

 

They all laughed.

 

Wonwoo:

I think so too.

Especially, Soon Young… he needed to rest his body; though, he looks healthy with his chubby face.

(He teased with his concerned heart)

 

Soon Young just made a silly expression to mock his friend, but that was to just back, and probably a signal of saying thanks too. That’s how they communicate. That’s how they show their love to each other.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay.

I’ll talk to the manager.

 

Jihoon:

Good!

I think we all need a break.

 

Vernon:

Then, should we bring hyung to the hospital right now?

 

Seungkwan:

I think so.

 

Dino:

Then, Jeonghanie hyung? I think, you need to do your exercise as well.

(He gently reminded)

You haven’t done that for a long time now.

 

Seungkwan:

He’s right.

Dino ya… help him.

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Thank you.

But let me help with Minghao first.

 

Mingyu:

Hyung… leave him to us.

(He smiled with his canine teeth)

 

Jeonghan:

But…

(Looking at his team with their high spirited eyes made him back out and smile)

Okay.

Let me know.

 

Later on, Minghao managed to walk to the kitchen by Mingyu and DK’s assistance.

 

While eating, DK, who was in front of Jeonghan noticed the ring on his hyung’s ring finger.

 

DK:

Hyung… what’s that?

(Pointing at the ring)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh!

This?

(He giggled)

Let Minghao explain it to you.

 

Minghao:

(He slightly felt in the hot seat but he later admitted what was that for with a cute giggle)

Oh that!

You mean…

(Showed the other pair on his ring finger)

This?

(He teased)

 

Boys:

Oh!

Wait!

 

It caused a little ruckus- actually it’s big on their hearts.

 

DK:

Hyuuuuuuuung…

(He sobbed)

You wed yesterdaaaaaaaaaaay?!

I didn’t see that before!

 

Joshua:

Ya!

 

Jeonghan:

The other day.

(He laughed)

But calm down.

(He giggled)

 

Minghao:

We made a promise to each other.

(He teased more)

 

Jun:

So unfair!

(He sobbed)

 

Later on, one man was making an improvised ring using the food. Soon Young immediately ran to Jeonghan and offered a bread ring as he knelt down beside his beloved to ask for his hand.

 

Soon Young:

Will you marry me, Jeonghan?

(The boy comically confessed his love)

You can marry another man anyway… even if you have another.

 

Dino:

Are we promoting some kind of immorality here, hyung?

(He teased)

 

Soon Young:

Oh my heart!

I’m badly in need of someone who would fill it up forever… I think I found my other half.

(He continued his act)

 

Later on, another man knelt beside him, and it was their big baby prince, holding some kind of fabric which he got from his pajamas while gathering the loose thread causing the runs on his hems.

 

Mingyu:

Will you marry me, princess?

Your prince is here.

 

Jeonghan was speechless that morning. Not because it was a heavy decision to make or that he got into a problem again because he could choose all without making them fight, but he became more problematic on how to convince the boys about something he wanted to tell. It’s heavier than accepting their love forever.

 

To add up with the mess, Jun went to Hoshi and ate the bread ring he made. While Wonwoo kicked Mingyu away. DK, on the other hand, was throwing flying kisses cutely and endlessly to Jeonghan and he found it so cute and soft that it made his day.

 

My, my, if Jeonghan could really marry all of them (if ever he’s a girl)… what should he do with the 12 of them? Jeonghan couldn’t help but to let out a heartily laugh.

 

He stood up and gave each of them a kiss on their cheeks and as he sat down, he asked them something.

 

Jeonghan:

Seungcheol-ah, Joshua ya, Junie, Soon Young ah, Wonwoo ya, Jihoonie, Minghao ya, Mingyu ya, DK ah, Seungkwanie, Vernonie, Chan-ah… WILL YOU MARRY ME?

(He giggled after because he knew what their answer were)

 

Seungcheol:

I DO!

 

Joshua:

We’re engaged already.

(HE giggled)

 

Jun:

You don’t have to ask. I will. By hook or by crook!

(He smiled)

 

Soon Young:

Super yes!

(With his fiery eyes)

 

Wonwoo:

You’re lucky… but I’m luckier.

(He smirked)

 

Jihoon:

You already know the answer.

 

The8:

We are married already.

 

Mingyu:

I’m your prince and you’ll be my princess.

 

DK:

Even if I do aegyo for the rest of my life… I will be forever yours.

(With a heartfelt flying kiss)

 

Seungkwan:

I love you… you love us…

Then you know what to do, hyung.

(He slightly passed a signal to Jeonghan because he knew he was thinking of something else)

 

Vernon:

We can ride our ship forever, rose.

 

Dino:

Aigoo… I think, I’ll imprison myself to you forever, hyung. I guess, I’ll extend my duty as your big baby.

(He sighed with a smile)

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

I love you all… so much!

And since we are free today…

I’ll make sure my husbands will be happy.

 

Oh wow! The word ‘husbands’ rang hard on their ears, mind, heart, and soul!

 

They were blessed that very day. Even though, it sounds ridiculous calling them Jeonghan’s husbands coz they were all boys, they let it be… coz their relationship was weird enough.

 

Jeonghan, on the other hand, couldn’t take what he said and cringed, but he’s still laughing because it’s bizzare.

 

On the other hand, Seungkwan was extremely worried that Jeonghan might not do the things he needed to do best. He’s compromising himself for their sake this time. It was pretty obvious, that Vernon had already noticed. DK too.

 

Jeonghan:

What should we do now, guys?

 

DK:

(He laughed)

I know what’s on your mind, hyung.

(He winked)

Laying down…

Is the best thing to do this time.

(He laughed)

 

Jeonghan:

(He giggled)
correct!

And… I want to lay down with all of you. Shall we?

 

Mingyu:

I agree!

I’m still sleepy.

I think, I ate plenty.

 

After a while, the boys fell asleep again after they cleared their schedules. Once again, 13 boys were seen lying down, occupying the whole living room with their bodies.

 

Soon after, Lunch came and they became hungry. Jeonghan need not bother to move and make their lunch alone because Mingyu and DK volunteered to do so.

 

Minghao was just having his cold compress as he sat back to the couch while watching some variety shows on TV.

 

Back to their normal activities.

 

For Jeonghan, he searched for snack available to fill his stomach up, since he’s hungry already.

 

He got a box of pockey that was left above their refrigerator and started eating it alone in their room, while reading something- actually, it’s just a props because he’s really thinking of how to say things to the boys. He was confused again. He wanted to be with them as long as he could. He wanted to stay. If possible, forever.

 

He was so concentrated on what to do, that he didn’t notice that Seungkwan was already inside their room.

 

On the other hand, Seungkwan tried to make everything normal. He wanted to tell Jeonghan that they will be okay if ever he made his decision, and he thought that moment was the best time to convince Jeonghan to do what he have to do.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung~ why are you eating alone?

 

Jeonghan was startled.

 

Scanned the pockey box and found nothing in it except that one suspended and clipped on Jeonghan’s lips.

 

Seungkwan:

Eiii, hyung, you didn’t even left me one!

(He acted like he was angry- cutely)

 

Jeonghan, on the other hand, just followed his actions with wondering stares. He was like a confused human, lost in the world.

 

Later on, Seungkwan bit the other side of the biscuit and started biting portion by portion until he reached and touched Jeonghan’s soft lips and devoured the last portion of the biscuit, except the ones that’s inside Jeonghan’s mouth.

 

The boy looked at his hyung’s eyes with a clear and sincere bright smile.

 

Seungkwan:

That was the best pockey I’ve ever tasted, Jeonghanie hyung.

Oh!

(Pretend that he was seeing something on Jeonghan’s lips)

I left something.

 

He took the chance to bravely kiss his pretty hyung on his lips again, while he’s unguarded.

 

The boy kissed Jeonghan’s lips gently and he was not satisfied with one. He pecked Jeonghan’s openly available soft, irresistible lips and face nonstop.

 

One moment, as Jeonghan was slowly returning to reality… he felt something was wrong- not actually wrong, but maybe it’s something new?

 

Jeonghan:

Ya. Seungkwan-ah.

(With a straight tone while his brows were frowning)

 

Seungkwan:

What?

Can I not? (Kiss you?)

 

Jeonghan:

That’s not it… but… I never thought you’d bravely claim those from me.

(He smiled)

 

Seungkwan:

(He laughed)

I am brave… I just want the right timing, hyung. When you are awake. hahaha!

 

Jeonghan:

(He somehow felt relieved)

Then… what should we do next, young man?

(He wrapped his arms around his young ideal MARSHMALLOW man with his very enchanting smile)

 

Seungkwan could break in any minute but, he need to calm down. He’s not there to be selfish; although, Jeonghan was offering it already. He’s adorable, he know, but he couldn’t just abuse him. He’s there to help his hyung to make a good decision for himself.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung… I love you. You know that.

 

Jeonghan:

Uh-huh.

 

Pouting his lips, asking for another kiss, and that, Seungkwan couldn’t resist. He pecked his lips again- so tender and quick.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung… I have something to tell.

 

Jeonghan was just waiting for his continuation, so Seungkwan continued.

 

Seungkwan:

I-

(Bit his lips, because he knew Jeonghan would get mad from it)

I accidentally read y-

 

Jeonghan:

Hmmm?

 

Seungkwan:

Don’t get mad.

(With his scared looks)

 

Jeonghan;

Let’s see.

(He teased)

 

Seungkwan:

(He sighed and get himself brave)

I accidentally read your journal.

(Then, he bowed his head)

 

Jeonghan was in shock.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya!

(He slapped Seungkwan’s chest lightly)

Which one?

(He blushed because it contained everything he experienced. He thought of writing everything upon learning that he’s having a memory loss because of his nosebleed)

 

Seungkwan:

Actually… i

 

Jeonghan:

(Seemed to know the whole message)

Ya, you read everything?!

You!!! Bad!

 

Seungkwan:

I’m sorry… I couldn’t help it.

 

Jeonghan:

That’s a diary, Seungkwan-ah! You shouldn’t read it!

(He scolded)

 

Seungkwan:

I’m sorry.

(He started crying)

I’m sorry for reading and I’-

(His tears began to fall)

I’m sorry because all I could do was to love you and nothing more.

 

Jeonghan was hurt, seeing Seungkwan cry in front of him because of him. He wiped his tears away gently and cupped his chubby cheeks.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t say that.

You are all I have, Seungkwan. You are my energy… you give me life… so don’t ever feel sorry for me.

Don’t cry.

 

Seungkwan:

Do what you have to do.

You suffered so much already.

And…

I-

I saw your last unfinished book on the trash can.

(Continued tearing up)

Just give me one favour hyung…

Don’t ever say you are…

(He sobbed)

Giving up.

Please.

That hurts a lot.

I will support you in any decision, even if you are able to choose from us… but don’t ever say you are giving us.

And…

This.

(He showed the last paper with hard scribbles with the note ‘I hate you’ in it)

I’m sorry if ever we’ve done something ha-

 

Jeonghan:

(He looked at the paper)

No. it’s not you.

That’s probably my- my frustration, Seungkwan-ah.

Please don’t cry.

You are not hurting me.

 

Seungkwan:

Then, do what you have to do.

Do what’s best for you.

 

Jeonghan:

Seungkwan-ah, I want to-

 

Seungkwan:

Always remember, what’s good for you is the best for us.

Don’t hesitate at all.

I’ll back you up. I will be your defender.

Don’t mind them, they will surely understand because they love you too.

 

Jeonghan:

(Cupped Seungkwan’s sweet face and it gently.)

Thank you Seungkwan. You are really a kind hearted and mature man.

I promise I won’t give up.

I love you.

(He displayed a sad smile)

 

Seungkwan:

Tell them now.

 

Jeonghan:

But they are resting.

 

Seungkwan:

The earlier the better.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m scared.

 

Seungkwan:

Don’t be.

I will be right here.

Even if they will hate me.

 

Jeonghan:

Seungkwan…

 

Seungkwan:

This is the best time, hyung.

We need to act faster because time is important. Time gives no second chances, hyung. You’ve worked hard enough.

Now it’s your turn to make a decision for yourself.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, handsome… my ideal man.

(He smiled)

 

Seungkwan:

Tell them now.

I’ll gather them. No time to waste. There’s no way we could return back the time.

 

Jeonghan:

Stay beside me.

(He held Seungkwan’s hand)

 

Seungkwan nodded.

 

Seungkwan:

Of course.

 

***

 

An immediate meeting was called by Seungkwan. The boys were confused but they responded to it anyway. They gathered in their dining table and found Jeonghan seated at the middle of the table.

 

Seungcheol:

What’s this for?

 

Jeonghan:

I have something to tell you.

 

DK:

Is this really urgent?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, my fool.

(He smiled but like he’s troubled and nervous)

 

When everyone was seated, Joshua looked at him with full of suspicion and somehow, he felt nervous.

 

It was quiet at the moment and that moment gives all of them some not so good feeling. It felt heavy looking at Jeonghan’s sad eyes –like that of memorizing the details of their faces.

 

 

Double update guys!

Chapter 22: Infatuation

Chapter 23: Sweet-Bitter Pockey

 

Thank you and fighting!!!