~Hearts~

Hearts

Then he started kissing her, first opening her lips, then nibbling her lower lip, then, without preamble, nor warning, it went deeper. He went deeper, waves of emotions now clouding her senses. She let herself get swept by the wave.

 

The lines between being just Seung Ho and Soo Bin acting out Ji-ah and Min Kyu making out, became blurry at that moment.

 

Directornim: "CUT!! Well done you two!"

 

After sometime composing themselves, they looked at each other. No words, because they can’t convey the jumbled feelings both of them have right now.

 

------000------

 

She can still feel his lips, the intensity, the heat. Some confusing feelings are arising within her, but she does not want to dwell.

Get a grip, Soobin-nah! Maybe oppa just got carried away by that kissing scene, nothing more, nothing less. Don’t make the mistake of assuming.

Still, an unwelcome feeling is creeping, and slowly taking form.

 

------000------

 

Pabo! Such a pabo, Seungho-shi! Why? Why? You are the one who suggested that scene! Why then can’t you get a grip of yourself and just act-out MinKyu!

I should ask her forgiveness. She might think I’m that kind of actor who takes advantage of actresses through kissing them beyond what a scene calls for!

Heck, you can’t even have the courage to tell to her face that you seriously like her, and you do that?

That feeling is overtaking him. He needs to do something about it.

------000------


Welcome!

I Am Not A Robot Wrap-Up Party - Pavilion B

 

Yes. This is it. Last time to see him, no more Ji-Ah and Min Kyu. Last hurray to say goodbye to their characters, one last time to say thank you, and goodbye to the crews, to her unnies and oppas. To thank him for taking good care of her. To say her final goodbye to him.

Her mind is prepared and ready. Her heart says otherwise. Shut-up there heart! Time to plaster on that lovely smile they all say you have. Fighting, Soobinah!!

“Annyeoung Haseyo, everyone!!”

“Ooh, Soobinah!! Good that you are already here! We’re still waiting for Seungho-shi, but we can start the party anyway, he just texted me that he will be late, he’s just wrapping up his other event.”

“De PD-nim!” She then proceeded to greet her sunbaenims.

She is having so much fun, catching up, singing, eating, with the whole production crews and her co-actors. But her heart is silently waiting for him.

------000------

 

The party was already in full-swing when she heard a familiar, deep, melodious, voice that always makes her heart do somersaults.

“Annyeoung Haseyo! Biane, for being late! I hope you did not eat all of the food, hehe!”

“Annyeoung, Seungho!”

“Since you are late, your penalty is to pay for all this!”

“Wei? Cincha, Director-nim?”

“Nah! It’s all paid for. We are just pulling your leg. Come, take a seat.”

 

Please not beside me, please don’t make it hard for me. I just want to enjoy being here with him, for the last time. Jebal! There’s a lot of unoccupied seats, Jebal!

“Annyeoung, Soobinah!! Is that seat next to yours taken?”

Dear God, what did I do wrong to you?

“Anneyoung, oppa!! Finally, you're here! Well, Unnie Min-Ji was sitting here, but I think she went outside to answer a call”

“Oh. Ok.” As he turned around, someone spoke.

“Seungho-shi, you could take that seat, I’ll just seat beside So-mi and Se-wan. She gave me a grin and a conspiratorial wink. I don’t know what it is for.

“Kamsahamnida, noona! Are you sure you are ok with transferring seat?”

“No worries.”

“Sooo, how are you, Soobinah? Have you caught up with your sleep?”

“De, oppa. That’s what I have been doing for the past 3 days, haha! What about you? Are you catching up too? And why were you late, oppa? Did you overslept again?”

“Soobinah! Why are you bringing that up again? Cincha, It only happened once! And, FYI, I was late, because I have a scheduled event today. To think I even brought something for you, why did I even bother, if I have only known you would just tease me again…”

“Oppa, don’t pout! Well, although it suits you, (and you still look so handsome.. STOP IT HEART!!), but I was just joking! And where is that bribe of yours? I’ll stop, as soon as you hand them over.”

“It’s in my car. I’ll give it to you later. I only have one, and I don’t want the noonas here to feel that I’ve disregarded them.”

Stop it, heart!! It’s nothing. No, just stop. Calm the heck down. Don’t assume.

As the party was going on, the entire place was filled with talks, ribbing, reminiscing, funny anecdotes. They take turns taking pictures, taking videos while belting their hearts out singing. Everyone was having fun, happiness and joy evident on each face. Oppa was having the time of his life too, from the looks of it. Being with him here, exchanging jokes, teasing each other, she was filled with happiness and joy. Maybe more than she wants to admit.

They were both laughing at the antics of Oppa Min-Kyu when she suddenly thought of something.

“Oppa, can we take a selca? We haven't done one. Is it ok if I post it on my SNS?”

“It’s fine with me, but, don’t post it on any SNS. I already asked the people here too, not to post our pics together.”

That stung me a little bit. Why? Does he not want to be associated with me anymore? Well, maybe because our drama is over, so does our friendly relationship. Yup, maybe that was it, we are going our separate ways. It dampened my spirit more than I want to admit. Oh well...

“Ok oppa. I will not post it. I just want a remembrance that I’ve had the chance to work with you, sunbaenim, that's all”

Good job Soobinah, just masked it. Fake it. Flash that smile of yours. Pretend that it’s nothing, you feel nothing.

“Why sunbaenim again?? Cincha! Ok, Give me your phone, but first, let’s do one in my phone too. Hana Tul Set, smile! And again!”

“Hana Tul Set!” He back-hug me! What was that?? Why do that??

“Ok, your phone’s turn! Sobinah, you take it, I’ll count.”

Still a little bit confused, “Ok oppa. Ready? Hana Tul Set, Smile!!!” TSUP!

Did he just plant a Popo (smack kiss) on my cheek?

I looked into his eyes. He smiled, and then looked me straight into the eyes. It is silently telling my heart something.

“That’s the reason why you cannot post that in your SNS.”

 

Our long talk will happen one hour later. As everyone said their goodbyes and promising to keep in touch, he told me discreetly that he will wait for me at the basement parking lot, where his car is parked, to give me his thank you present. He then asked me if it’s ok for him to drop me off in my house. Of course, I said yes, and we talked for almost two hours inside his car, not minding that it’s almost dawn and that we have already driven 5 times around my neighborhood.

As I listened to him pouring out his heart, for the first time, I freed mine to feel all of it. No more stopping, no more suppressing it. His heart is the same as mine.


THE END.