Home sweet home

What if I'm an ase?

 

 

It was now morning and we are sitting on the bus. It was sad saying good bye to Chanyeol and Ikon, but I hope we see each other again soon. Yesterday me and Hanbin talked for a while. I´ve grown fond with him in such a short period of time. I feel so close to him. It´s like the best guy friend you can dream of to have, but I hate him at the same time. It´s like a love and hate relationship between us, but I like it somehow. I looked at my phone and received a message.


Have a safe trip home! It was nice to get to know you, hope we see each other again ;-) Remeber to get in contact, I don´t live that far away!
- Hanbin

 

I was smiling and responded that I hoped to see him again too. Rose was sitting next to me while staring out the window. I was leaning my head on her shoulder so she took out one of her earplugs. She responded by patting my head softly. "How are you feeling baby?" I her arm. She let out a sigh before giving a faint smile. "I´m tired, I think I just need to take a nap" she responded and I nodded my head. Without realizing both of us drifted to dream land while sharing the same earplugs together. 

 

After almost five hours of sitting on a bus the driver told us that we have arrived to our destination. I was already awake so I shaked Rose softly so she could wake up. "oh are we home?" She asked in a raspy voice with her eyes half open. "Yes baby, look outside the window" I smiled and held her hand. Rose turned to her left and saw a boy holding a sign up. 

Welcome home Chaeyoung!

 

Her eyes were wide open and she began to smile. "What? Junhoe is here?!" She smiled and packed her back in a hurry. I rolled my eyes before hitting her lightly. "Yes, run to your man and ignore your bestfriend" I sarcastically said. She slowed down her pace and looked at me in the eyes. "Jennie? .. Don´t tell me you called him" she looked at me while knitting her eyebrows. I blew away my bangs before responding. "What else were i´m supposed to do? You guys act like childrens having a fight with each other like come on .." She suddenly gave me a big bear hug. She is such a modest and emotional girl, but I still love her.

 

"Uhm Rose, you can let me go now" I said while trying to push her away. "Thank you Jennie. I don´t even know what I was worried for. I think i´m just so stressed lately, and get anxiety over every small things that happends around me" she explained and I smiled and nodded. "I understand baby don´t worry, now run to your man he must´ve been standing there for awhile now" I laughed and she rushed outside the bus. Sigh.

 

 

"I´ve missed you!" Rose ran in Junhoe´s arms smiling from ear to ear. "I´ve missed you too" he answered while she was still in his arms. He was patting her back softly and they both were enjoying the moment. "What have you done this past few days without me?" Rose asked while he helped her with her luggage. "Nothing much, just hanging out with the boys" he replied and let out a dry laugh. Rose didn´t think much about it because she was to busy being happy to finally see her boyfriend. "What about you? Did you have fun?" He asked and smiled. "Yes! I have so much stuff I need to tell you! We met a group of boys called Ikon, and also remember the guy I told you about from last year? Chanyeol? He tried to flirt with me, it was so funny. And you know what else he did-"

 

"Rose .. I need to tell you something" Junhoe stopped his track while Rose couldn´t finish her talking. "Yes, is there something wrong babe?" she asked concerned. He hestitated for a moment and scratched his head. "Well .. no just forget about it. I´ll tell you later. Just continue talking" he said and she nodded her head slowly. "Just remember, don´t be afraid to tell me if there is something alright?" She kissed his hand and he smiled and nodded. Soon she continued to tell him the story from where she was interrupted. 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

"I´m home!" I yelled while taking out my outwear. When I came home I could smell the delicious smell of mom´s hommade chicken noodle soup. I´ve had some cravings for soup because i´ve only eaten dry food these past days. "Hi buddy, was it fun at the festival?" mom asked while giving me a hug. "Yes, it was fun! I´ll tell you everything at the dining table" I smiled and went upstairs to change my clothes. On the table inside my room was a letter sent from a school that accepted me. I opened the letter and they accepted me in Seoul National Universities. I didn´t expect much, i´m just glad a school even accepted me with the bad grades I currently have. Sitting at the dining table with my mother I told her that I got accepted by SNU. "

 

Why are you not happy?" She asked me. I was slurping on the noodle soup while giving her an emotionless expression. "I am." I answered sarcastically. She sighed and focused all her attention on me. "Was this your first choice? Did you get accepted by the first school you choosed? Or was this the second?" She asked me. Sigh. I hate when people talk about school, it just stress me out. "Yes, the first of course" I responded to her. It was a lie. I didn´t want to dissapoint her. It was my third choice, and the consultant at my last school told me that I would definetly get my first choice or in the worst case second. Pathetic. 

 

"It´s your first choice! Shouldn´t you be happy? I´m so proud of you. Remember to study hard so you can get good grades and a good education. Not like me going around to wash people´s toilet after they´re done taking a . Alright?" She held my arm and I saw how sincere she was by looking inside her eyes. "Yes, yes I understand mom" I answered and sighed giving her a faith smile. Why can´t people stop worrying about me. Or I don´t mind it, but don´t comment on things I do. I´m thankful that you care but please stop. Sometimes things are better if you keep them inside. I get so stressed by stuff like this. 

 

School actually starts in a few days. And i´m just glad I got accepted in the first place. I was lying on my bed scolling through social medias when suddenly a message by Hanbin popped up on my screen.

"What school did you get accepted to?" He asked me and I was smiling cause he sent me a message. I answered him that I didn´t get accepted by BigHit or YG´s dance school, but instead general studies at Seoul National University. I continued to scroll down my instagram feed before he sent another message.

 

"Seriously?! Me too! I have to take the train to school everyday though as I told you before, but are you serious?!" He asked. I was shocked and sat straight up on my bed. I can´t believe it. How can it be such a coincidence. Before I could answer Hanbin sent another message. "YO! have you seen the people that are going in the same class as  you?"  

"No? Am I supposed to know anyone?" I answered him and he responded by sending me an overview of all names that i´m going to go in the same class with. I don´t know these people. Song Mino, Woo JiHo, Park Sooyoung, Kim Hanbin .. Wait. Kim Hanbin?!?! 

I took out my phone and dialed Hanbin´s number. He picked up the phone even before I could hear the beep sound.

 

"Hello?"

 

"HANBIN-SHI WE ARE GOING TO BE CLASSMATES?!" I yelled in an excited way. "Woaw, calm down! I think so, it can´t be wrong" he laughed while answering. I was so overwhelmed. "It´s such a coincidence isn´t it?" Hanbin asked me while I laid on my back staring at the roof. "Yes I can´t believe it" I continued to stare.

 

"Seems like we have to see each other every day nevertheless" he laughed and I laughed aswell from the other end. "Can´t wait to see you again weirdo" he said. I just laughed and we continued to talk on the phone the rest of the night.