Painkillers please!

What if I'm an ase?

 

 

Walking away from lunch and down to my locker I saw Jennie and Hanbin together. I have not seen any of them ever since she took me home to her house, and friday when I just saw them by coincidence. I was about to ignore them when I saw Hanbin walking away from her. Why they look so awkward for? What´s wrong with her face though? It´s not even that hot outside and she still sweating.

 

"Oi Jendeukie! long time no see" I walked up to her and she looked at me disgusted. I was laughing. It was the reaction I expected. "What´s up with your face? you look really ugly" I joked to see her reaction. She did seem kind of ill in that moment. 

"Really not in the mood to joke around" she glared at me with a weak voice. Is something wrong with her? Why is she not hitting me or throwing harsh words back? "Yo, what´s wrong?" I asked and she slowly gripped her stomach while squatting down. "My stomach really hurts right now, you have painkillers by chance?" she asked me and I stopped laughing. "You ok? Why don´t you go to the school nurse?" I obviously asked her, but the school nurse was apparently closed. What´s the use of having a nurse if they´re not available 24/7? 

 

"Sorry but I don´t go around carrying painkillers" I answer her question, but she only let out a laugh as if I was making a joke. "Yeah, of course not" she said ironically which put a small smile on my face. She did seem kind of sick, maybe I should be a gentleman for one day and help her out. "You should go home, or else you´ll collapse anytime" I said while she tried to stand up supporting herself with the wall. I was just standing there watching her without helping of course. 

"Can´t ditch class or else i´ll get absence" she said which made me let out a sigh. Unbelievable. Who cares about absence, she´s missing the fun with skipping class. I grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the school gate while she almost yelled at me from behind. "What are you doing, yah! you know my stomach is aching!!" she yelled and I only laughed. "Yah, where are we going? I said I didn´t want to ditch class!" 

I ignored her and continued to drag her to the bus stop. "I´m saving your life now, so if you could just shut up for a few minutes and thank me later." She was seriously annoying, but I felt like helping her for no reason today. Let´s just say I feel guilty for her. That´s right, I feel guilty and that´s why i´m helping her. "How do I know if you´re not taking me to some kind of ghetto place?" she asked and I puffed out my cheeks. What? Bull, who do you think I am? 

"Do I look like a gangster or something in your eyes?" I asked her and she confidently said yes. Thanks, I don´t seem that bad. And I tried to help this girl? Maybe I should concider to take her to a gang place where she belongs, nevertheless.

 

 

 

Arriving in the city outside school, I dragged her into a pharmacy that was inside a few blocks. It did look kind of old and broken on the outside, but the drugstore have been living for about 10 years now. "Yah, this place looks like a grave yard, you really took me to a gang place!" she was about to run away, but I gripped her wrist and dragged her back. "Relax, you think i´m trying to sell you or something?"

 

"Could be, it´s you we´re talking about"

 

"Shut up really, want to treat your stomach ache or not?" It did come out a bit rough, but she eventually shut and joined me in.

 

"Ahjussi! Are you there?" I pushed the door open and the bell rang the moment I stepped my foot inside. Behind the cashier came an old looking man with grey hair and beard wearing glasses too big for his head. My hero when my parents couldn´t take care of me. This ahjussi have been running this drugstore for decades.

 

"Jaewon-ah! Why are you suddenly showing up without calling-" he was in a middle of a sentence when he saw Jennie behind me. Well, she did look kind of frightened, but hey. She could resist joining me if she didn´t want to, right?

 

"Ahjussi do you perhaps have any painkillers against stomach ache?" I asked and he looked at me worried. "Oh, are you sick? again? Who did it to you this time son?" he looked at me distressed while looking around for the drugs I was asking for. "No, don´t worry. you see the sloppy girl behind me is dying soon, so if you have anything that could help her it would be nice." I lightly pushed her forward so that ahjussi could see her clearly.

 

"Hello .. my name is Jennie" she weakly stepped forward and bowed to ahjussi. "Oh you´re the one that is in pain? poor girl, is Jaewon treating you that badly?" he walked to Jennie and gave her a pill and a cup of water that she kindly accepted. I rolled my eyes while she was smiling at ahjussi.

"Oh, yeah well .. he can be nice sometimes, I guess" she said with a flat tone that had no sincerity at all. What a rudeass. I decided to look around the store. Everywhere but her. "Jaewon may say mean things and act like an ignorant brat, but please understand that he doesn´t really mean those stuff" ahjussi told Jennie while she smiled and nodded as a reply. What are they doing? i´m standing right here, why is he telling her stuff like that?! They barely know each other. "I mean everything I say so what ahjussi is saying is not true" I blunted out but both of them nodded sarcastically back at me at the same time. What a duo.

 

"Thank you ahjussi, i´m getting a lot more energized with the help of you" she bowed to him while I went to look around the store. Walking near the shelf where bandages and gips was placed, I noticed a pack of hello kitty bandage which made me smile without noticing. 

 

"Yah, why you standing there smiling like an idiot let´s go!" She shouted from the other side of the room. Her voice is really loud, so annoying. I glared at her before walking to greet ahjussi. "Thank you for the help, i´ll call you as soon as possible" I thanked and we both walked out of the drugstore. "The ahjussi was really nice, how do you know him?" she asked and I decided not to answer. "Non of your business. Now since I kindly helped you should we go grab some food? you pay" I went ahead and could hear her whine from behind. "Yah! I´m not paying for anything .. yah! why are you walking so fast?!" she jogged fast to follow my pace. Aaaaaand, she´s now back to normal. Annoying.

 

"Why did you help me?" she asked and I turned my head to look at her. "No problem? you´re not even thanking me ungrateful " I pushed her forehead and looked straight ahead. "Excuse me? who are you calling a ?" she hitted my back more powerful than expected. Auch that actually really hurts.

 

"Jeez, i´m sorry. Why you gotta be so provoked for" I laughed and she was frowning her face. She seemed really mad, but atleast her stomach is not hurting anymore.

 "Let´s just say that we´re even. You helped me and now I have helped you. You see, I did feel guilty for seeing you in that state, you looked really ugly" I laughed and she opened her eyes up in disbelief.

 

"Yah!! For a second I though you were really nice but I guess that´s just not possible" I was grinning enjoying the bickering back and forth. "So you going to treat me or not?" I raised one eyebrow and she gave a genuine smile this time. "Fine. Only because ahjussi was so nice to me." She had to give her reason even at the end of our conversation. Tsk, whatever.

 

 

 

We were now standing in like to grab some subway when I suddenly noticed Nayeon with Zico and her bestfriend walking towards us. "Really, out of all places" I knitted my eyebrows and pushed my hair back. "What´s wrong?" she asked me and I looked back at her glittering eyes. Ugh. She´s too innocent for this , let´s leave her out of my problems. "Nothing. I forgot that I had plans" I lied and she looked at me suspicious. "Plans? That´s ok. Just to make it clear, there won´t be no next time alright?" she confirmed and I looked at her. Are you serious?

"Don´t worry about that," I said and she suddenly looked towards their direction which gave me a mini heart attack. "Yo isn´t that the Zico guy, he´s in my class" she said and I looked at her in shook. She knew who he was? This was it, I can´t let them see me.

 

"Yah Jennie how fast can you run?" I asked her and she knitted her eyebrows as if i´m asking the dumbest question. "Lol why?" she asked and I playfully looked at her before dragging her out of the line. "Yah, why are we running again! Can´t we just eat?!" Her voice yelled and I laughed while dragging her with me. She didn´t stop running though. We did stand in the line for awhile, but meeting Nayeon and Zico together with Jennie? No way, I can´t deal with them right now. 

 

"I just felt like eating something else" I said between my breaths as we were running on the streets. "Yah you crazy dog, what´s your problem?!" she yelled at me while I dragged her wrist. Oh how fun it was everytime she lost her temper. 

 

 

 

 

 

(I made a cringe budget cover for this story lmao)