Summer vacation (EDITED)

What if I'm an ase?

 

 

"Again! 5, 6, 7, 8!"

 

We were practicing our dance routine again and again, even the mirrors were getting foggy by now. It has been hours since our last break, but we have to keep practicing since tomorrow is our big day.

 

"Guys! I'm not joking, we have to get this routine clean, it's still not perfect. And it has to be perfect!" Lisa was giving us that 'I want this done' look. "Jisoo! Stand up! What are you doing laying there on the floor?!" It was clear she was stressed. She is the best dancer in the group, having most experience and having learned from some of the best choreographers.

 

"...yeah, yeah... I will... but I need food... I can't focus anymore..." Jisoo was laying flat on the floor, flailing her arms and legs like a todler. "Can't we have a break?" She punctuated every word with  a tap of her hand on the floor. The childish behaviour of the oldest in our group made me laugh.

 

Lisa sighed looking at her. "Alright... Let's go to McDonald's."

 

It was our daily routine for the four of us. Me, Rose, Jisoo and Lisa. We work hard in the practice room, but about 50% of our time in there is spent eating. Sitting on the floor and talking with each other while eating McDonald's is our thing.

 

We are a local dance group and tomorrow is a talent festival, in which we, and many other talented people from the country, are going to perform. We had to compete in the local and county competitions to get an invitation to the festival, so we are working hard to prove our worth.

 

"I don't know how I'm going to survive without Junhoe for six days." Rose sighed while lying down on the floor where she has been sitting just seconds ago. "I'm going to miss him if I don't see him every day."

I took a sweet potatoe chip and threw it at her face. "Don't be so dramatic, it's just six days." I avoided her counter-attack as she sat up. "Sometimes you need distance and it's not like you can't talk on the phone, you know."

 

This is what I love about our friendship. We don't hide anything from each other. If one of us is having trouble, we always share it with everyone. That's how we keep our bond so strong.

"Well, yeah, I can call him, but I'll miss his scent." Rose murmured and I couldn't help but cringe at her words.

"Calm down, honey, you still have us, right? It will be fun, we'll make lot's of new friends tomorrow and make some unforgetable memories." Jisoo patted her Rose´s back and she smiled back.

We fell into a fit of cheering and laugher, soon getting back to practicing.

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

"Wow! Guys, this looks so exciting!" Rose squeecked next to us. I found it funny how she was moping around yesterday, but today you could call her a bundle of sunshine.

 

But I could agree, the place looked amazing, and to add the cherry on top, the weather was also great. We were carrying our luggages inside of the gymnasium nearby as it was the place where all the performers were going to stay.

 

"Okay, young talented participants. If you have set your luggages and got your wristbands, you are allowed to explore the place. You have to be back here by 11 p.m. sharp." The person responsible for us in this place yelled through the megaphone. "And do not forget the brochure with tonight's schedule!" The last sentence was hardly heard as his voice was drowned out by everyone talking and leaving the place.

 

"Let's go get some food outside of the football court!" Jisoo swung her arms around me and Lisa's shoulders, dragging us with her.

 

This place was amazing. There were so many people our age in here and so many fun things to do. The sun was shining and warming us up.

I was walking backwards, talking to the girls and the moment I turned around to face farward I colided with some random guy, whose ice cream was smashed on my shirt.

Nice. I thought inside my head and slowly looked down on my dirty shirt.

 

"Jennie, are you okay?" Lisa asked concerned. I was caught off guard and couldn't seem to grasp the situation that well.

 

Before I could say anything, the guy in front of me began apologising. "I'm so sorry, I should have watched where I was going. It was in no means my intention to cover you with my ice cream." He rushed through his words as he ran his hand through his chocolate milk brown hair.

 

"Oh, it's nothing, dont worry about it!" I finally managed to say something. "I'll just clean this up with a tissue paper or something." I  smiled as I was already moving to walk past him.

 

"No! Wait!" He grabed my arm and I turned to him. I saw Lisa, Rose an Jisoo standing behind him, watching us. "Here, I'll help you." The guy said as he tried to clean my shirt with a napkin he had.

 

I must say that he is really nice for helping me. If only every boy I've met so far would have treated me as well as he is, I might have actually liked someone. Well, no, I'm joking, I don't fall for anyone that easily.

"Thanks." I gave him a small bow as he seemed to be finished with cleaning my shirt. He gave me a small smile and he left.

 

As the nice boy left, the girls walked up to me, and smirked. They are doing this again, it feels like 7th grade all over again. It's the face you make when you see someone confess to their crush. And please, stop, I don't want it compared to me.

 

"He is cute, though." Jisoo said as she hooked her arm around mine.

"Well, yeah, he was nice I guess. But anyone in his position would have done the same, to be honest." I said as I walked in front of the girls so I wouldn't see them rolling their eyes at me.

 

 


Edited chapter with the help of my co-author LimElla ^_^