Chapter Five

Paint My Love

Sehun is sitting on a small chair while watching the hopping frogs on a canvass placed on the grass in his garden. He made an improvised cage for that particular project. He let the frogs walk on the different paints and let them jump over the canvass. If he’s satisfied with the colors, he will wash the frogs’ feet to let them jump on different color.

“What’s that!?’ Baekhyun shrieked while peering through the low fence of his garden. Beside him is Kyungsoo. “That is so gross, Sehun!”

“This is art.”

“That is gross.”

Sehun is about to throw one frog to Baekhyun so the latter ran towards his house a few meters away from his. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, walked in.

“You’re craziness is showing again, Sehunnie.” Kyungsoo said. “You won’t even spare the poor frogs. Hey, can I name your new masterpiece? I’ll call it, ‘Sehun and the seven frogs’

“There are only five frogs.”

“Then make it ‘Sehun and the five frogs’. `Easy.”

Instead of laughing at Kyungsoo’s lame joke, Sehun stood up and looked at his canvass. “I don’t like this.”

“I don’t like it either.” Baekhyun said. Sehun wasn’t able to notice him. His Baekhyun hyung is wearing gloves, face mask, rain boots and raincoat. “Gross! You even hold that thing? Ew!”

“Baekhyun hyung, you look like an alien. “ Kyungsoo said. “Why are you wearing that?”

“Because I don’t want to get sick. Sehun, from now on, I won’t be buying your paintings anymore.”

“Since when did you buy my paintings?”

“Well, they’re a bit expensive.”

“Sehun, if you don’t want to paint, just return your pets on where you got them.” Kyungsoo said.

Sehun placed the frogs on a small cardboard box and went to Mrs. Choi next door. He just borrowed the frogs from the old lady’s small pond. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo just watched him from his garden.

When he is done, they all went back inside his house to wash their hands. Then he took the bowl of dak galbi on his table. Because Jongin liked the dish so much, he cooked more this time.

“I wasn’t able to finish any painting these past few days.” Sehun complained. “I’m always enthusiastic and happy at the start but when I’m about to finish, I’ll just stop doing it. This is not okay.”

“This never happened to you before.” Kyungsoo said.

“I know. And I don’t know why my motivation suddenly loses in the middle of doing my work.” Sehun said while putting his dish on Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s plate. “But you can’t say that I don’t have the motivation because I can start my work, it’s just that I cannot finish it.”

“You know, Sehunnie…” Baekhyun said while removing his ‘costume’. “You just need .”

“Hyung, please. I’m not a -starved maniac like you.” Sehun joked.

“Why would you suggest that, hyung?” Kyungsoo quipped. “You know that our Sehunnie is still a .”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Go ahead. Make fun of me all you want. There will be a time when I can finally have a love life.”

“Not life?”

“It’s just the same!” He placed his elbows on the table and let the two . What is his problem? Why can’t he finish a painting? Sehun glanced at the painting placed on the wall of his kitchen near the door. He smiled. It was the painting he did using Jongin’s bouquet of flowers when he came to his house to apologize. That’s the only painting in his house. He’s a painter but he doesn’t like to display his work inside his house. Except for this one. He can’t help but smile while looking at the painting because he remembers that day when he and Jongin faced each other.

“What will you do when I’m married?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I will look for someone to marry as well.” Baekhyun said. “Preferably someone rich and handsome. Like Sehun’s man.”

Sehun faced Baekhyun with a knotted forehead. “Who?”

“Does the name Kim Jongin ring a bell?” Kyungsoo asked, smiling. “Is he the one who abducted you last… when was it again? You weren’t able to tell us everything what happened that day, Sehunnie.”

“And we want details, Sehunnie.” Baekhyun seconded.

Sehun decided to not dwell too much on it. “There’s nothing to say. He was just a brother of one of my fans. She’s just setting us up together.”

“Well, what are you waiting for?” Kyungsoo asked. “Go for it!”

“I don’t want to.” Sehun immediately answered. “What will I do to a boyfriend? I’ve been without it for years now. I’m doing well, so far.”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo acted like they will punch him so he avoided it before they can get him.

“How will you have a boyfriend? You’re always ordering them around. You’re like making them your slaves.” Baekhyun said.

“Hey, that’s not true!” He retorted.

“That’s true! You’re always bringing them to go shopping with you and making them carry loads of bags.”

“You’re overreacting.”

Kyungsoo placed his arms around him. “Sehun, just let the men court you properly. If they gave you flowers, accept it. If they gave you chocolates, eat it. And if they want to take you out on a date, don’t bring them to crowded places like Myeongdong, Dongdaemun, and Hongdae.”

“I’m doing that. I accept chocolates and flowers.”

“Yeah, and then you’ll smash it on your canvass. Like what you did to the flowers that Jongin gave you.”

“At least I was able to use it.” Sehun pointed at the painting in front of them. And he knew it was really great because his friends who didn’t understand a thing about art praised it.

“What’s it called?” Baekhyun asked.

“’Jongin’” he answered.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun .

“You’re still not a lost cause, Sehunnie!” Baekhyun said.

He just chuckled. He doesn’t know why but whenever Jongin’s name is mentioned, he automatically smiles. And speaking of that guy… he misses him. “Just eat.” Sehun diverted the topic. “Jongin liked this dish.”

“You cooked this?” Baekhyun asked. “I never saw you set foot in your kitchen.”

“This is so unusual.” Kyungsoo said. “Our friend has really changed!”

The two keeps on teasing him while taking a bite of their food. But they quickly spat it out.

“What is this!? This is so spicy!” Baekhyun said.

“You’re overreacting. Jongin really liked this.” Sehun said and took a spoonful of dak galbi. It seems like his nose and ears let out a smoke the moment he tasted it. “Ack!” He rushed to the refrigerator to drink a glass of cold water. When nothing happened to ease the spiciness, he took a spoon and scooped a tablespoon of sugar and ate it.

“Sehun, don’t try cooking again, okay?” Baekhyun pleaded. “Whoever eats your food will be poisoned, swear.”

“And if you do try, please, just let someone taste your food first before serving it to other people. We’ll just go to Viva Polo. I’m hoping that the taste will leave my tongue if I eat a slice of cake.”

When the two left him, he just looked at the food. When Jongin ate it, why didn’t he saw any reaction from him? He even finished it. And he said that he should bring him more of his food. Was that guy just fooling him?

 


 

Sehun is busy with observing the street of Myeongdong while looking for something to buy for the orphanage that he will be visiting next week. It has been his routine to visit an orphanage for at least once a month. It is nearing autumn so he decided to buy some warm clothes for the kids, as well as some school supplies, books, and some diapers for the babies. He was also there to observe his surroundings to get an inspiration for his paintings.

He went inside the clothing store to look for something that he can buy. He was busy looking at the dinosaur-printed scarf when he felt someone tapped his shoulder. He was surprised so he automatically threw a punch to that person.

“Woah!” that person said and blocked his punch.

“Jongin?” Sehun felt his blood rushed to his face when he realized that his face is just a few inches away from Jongin’s.

“Even in this store you’re still looking for a fight?”

Sehun felt like he’s going deaf with the loud beating of his heart so he took a step away from Jongin. Damn! Why did he have to be this close? And why did he have to be so handsome? His heart can’t calm down. Why is it so unfair!? Sehun tried to calm his heart down. So far, so good. He can finally face Jongin properly. But when he looked at his face again, his heart started to beat erratically again. Crap! Shut up, heart!

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I went here to buy Yeri her beauty products.” Jongin showed him a list. “I just finished buying them all so I decided to walk around for a bit.”

Sehun immediately paid for the items in his basket and left the store. He didn’t even wait for Jongin. But Jongin went after him.

“Are you following me?”

“I was just heading towards the same direction as you are.”

“Really?” Sehun continues to observe the street. And because he knows Jongin is just hanging around, he looked at the other man. Jongin is also looking at every merchandise that they passed through. In an hour of just walking around Myeongdong, Jongin didn’t left him. He wasn’t going near him either. It seems like Jongin is just letting him do everything that he wants to do and he’s just there to look out for him if anything happens. Sehun smirked. His bodyguard is really handsome.

This was the first time that someone accompanies him when he is observing a place. Come to think of it, he had been going through a lot of first time experiences ever since Jongin came into his life. And they had been quite an interesting first times for him.

“You need help?” Jongin asked, looking at the bags that he is holding. “You bought too much stuff.” Jongin took a few bags from him. “My service is not for free, you know?”

He bought an assortment of clothes, books, crayons, toys, diapers, and even Christmas decorations.

“I thought you’re offering it for free.”

“There’s nothing free in this world.” Jongin adjusted his hold on the bags. “Okay, I’ll just take a few thousand from the half a million dollars that I gave you as a commission. How does that sound? You’re going to buy something else?”

“Are you complaining? Just put it down if you don’t want to carry it.”

“It’s already in my hands, why would I put it down? Go, just walk ahead.”

“Don’t order me around.”

“I just want you to hurry up because these bags are pretty heavy.”

Sehun looked at Jongin’s bags. He took some of the heaviest bags from him so it’s not really his fault. He took the smallest bag from Jongin. “There. It’s not heavy now.”

“Good. Let’s eat. Treat me.”

“Wow, you’re demanding.”

Jongin walked away and he followed closely behind him.

Sehun can’t help but laugh at him. Most especially, he is laughing because despite everything that they have experienced on that shopping spree, it seems like it’s nothing for Jongin. Which was nice, to be honest.

 


This is a sample of Sehun's cooking:

Image result for dak galbi

I have tried it once on a Korean restaurant and boy, it was really spicy. Not as spicy as Sehun's cooking lol  So anyway, We're halfway done in this story. Only 5 chapters left and this story is finished. I still can't decide whether to start on Baekhyun and Yixing's story first or to go with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol's story. :\