Chapter Four

Paint My Love

“You’re crazy.” Sehun said. Yeri just laughed. While he is watching her laugh, he can’t help but remember Jongin’s laugh when they were at the restaurant earlier. he looked so happy then. So carefree. Just like Yeri. That’s why he was wondering why Jongin suddenly became distant. When they were going up the stairs, he saw his sadness. What was wrong with him?

Sehun, you’re butting into somebody else’s business again.

Well, he couldn’t help it.

“Why, Sehun oppa? You don’t want my brother?” Yeri asked him. “What do you dislike about him?”

“Your brother is obnoxious. He’s annoying as well and kidnaps people like me.”

“But he’s nice.”

“Yes. To you.”

“But isn’t that a nice trait? His care for his sister means he is really a good person inside.”

Sehun shrugged. Yeri somehow has a point. Not every brother is willing to abduct someone that they don’t know personally because their sister asked for them. And not all brothers are willing to listen to their sister’s crazy antics. “Your brother and I cannot be together because instead of me being in charge, your brother just does whatever he wants. I am used to be in charge in a relationship, but your brother is just so hardheaded.”

“Yeah, my Jongin oppa is really like that. But I’m sure he will change once he falls in love.”

“He won’t fall in love. He sees everyone as nuisance.” Sehun pointed at the chocolate bar that Yeri is holding. “Including you. And why are you forcing him to marry if he doesn’t want to?”

“He’ll be turning thirty in a few months. If he won’t marry soon, I’m afraid he will have a hard time finding someone in the future.”

“Twenty-nine is not old. And I’m sure your brother won’t have a hard time finding someone.”

“But I just want him to marry.” Yeri stopped eating her chocolate. “He’s so invested in running the business that our parents left us.”

“Left? But your brother said that your parents are abroad?”

“Well, we like to think that Mom and Dad just went on a vacation. After all, they were in Paris for their wedding anniversary when they had a car accident. My brother was just sixteen then. Our father entrusts everything to him before he died. Since then, my brother took everything seriously. Our father’s most trusted associates taught my brother everything that he has to learn in managing our business. So yeah, Jongin oppa wasn’t really able to enjoy his life since then.”

So that’s the story of Jongin’s life. “But he can always enjoy once in a while, right?”

“Yeah. But my brother is only going out once a month with different people.”

“Different people?”

“I’m afraid my brother won’t take relationships seriously if he goes out with different people. That’s why I want him to be in a stable relationship.”

“You have a point.” Sehun imagined a situation where Jongin goes out with different people—men and women alike, drinking, partying, and then… that’s it. Sehun suddenly feels irritated all of a sudden. What’s that, Sehun? You’re getting affected by this? Sehun tries to think straight. But he can’t forget the scene.

“Sehun oppa, you and my brother looks good together. He likes you, right?”

“That’s only your assessment.”

“I can feel he really likes you. If not, he won’t bring you to our house. Of all the people he was with, you’re the only person that he was able to bring in our home. And he’s the one who really insisted that you should go here, right?”

If what Yeri’s saying is really true, then he’s really special. Jongin really likes me?

Their conversation suddenly stops when the door opened. Yeri immediately hid her chocolates under her pillow and lied down. She even coughed forcefully and acted like she’s really weak. Sehun wants to scoff. If he has a sister like Yeri, he’s sure that she will regret fooling him like that. Sehun just continued eating chocolate while looking at Jongin who walks near the bed. He touched Yeri’s forehead.

“Are you feeling better now, Yeri?”

“A bit…” Yeri coughed. “Oppa, why is Sehun oppa here?”

“I just thought you might want to see him.”

“He’s so handsome, right, oppa?” Yeri smiled weakly and looked at him.

Sehun is munching on his chocolate when Jongin looked at him. And he though he felt his heart skip a beat when he saw that handsome face again, up front.

“Just rest well, Yeri.” Jongin said. “So that you’ll feel better soon—”

“Wait, Yeri is asking you if I’m handsome. Answer her first.” Yeri secretly winked at him. Sehun just took another bite of his chocolate so that his attention will be elsewhere other than his beating heart.

Jongin walked towards him and took his chocolate. “I can’t believe you’re still eating.”

“Dessert.” He said.

Jongin placed the chocolate on the nightstand and looked at his sister. “Yeri, you like this chocolate, right? Here, Sehun bought it for you.”

“Thank you, Sehun oppa.”

“Huh?” Sehun has his palm up because he thought that Jongin will return his chocolate. “You’re welcome.”

“Oppa, can you please bring Sehun oppa back to his house? He might be doing something important before you took him here.”

“Of course. I asked our maid to cook your favorite food. She will just bring it here.” Jongin kissed his sister’s forehead. “Get well soon, Yeri.”

Yeri just smiled at him.

He and Jongin went out of the room. Yeri pretending to be sick is somehow a good thing. It showed how gentle Jongin could really be. And he can’t help but admire the older guy.

“It seems like Yeri is feeling well now.” Jongin said while they are descending the stairs. “I owe this one to you.”

Sehun just nodded and wiped the apple on his shirt that he snatched from Yeri’s room. Then he took a bite of it. That was the replacement of the chocolate that Jongin snagged from him. “You know,” Sehun said while still chewing. “When your sister dies, I know what her wish will be. You have to marry me.” He joked, chuckling.

“Why would I marry you? And will you quit saying my sister’s going to die? She’s not going to die.”

“Okay.” Sehun raised both of his hands. “Sorry, I was just joking.”

Jongin stopped and looked at him. Because he was the one who went down first, Jongin is looking up at him. Sehun hid the apple behind him and readied himself for another argument. Jongin just kept on looking at him. Sehun’s heart started to beat wildly again.

Sehun swallowed before talking. “I don’t have any plans on arguing with you, Jongin.”

Jongin gently shook his head. “No, I’m not going to argue with you.”

“So why are you looking at me like that?”

“I’m just thinking where you are putting everything that you eat.”

“In my stomach, where else?”

“I wish you could teach Yeri to eat that much. It’s okay for her to get fat than to die in starvation.”

“She’ll be fine.” Sehun took a bite of his apple. “Wait, what are you implying? That I’m fat? Hey!” Sehun coughed then he choked on his apple.

Jongin hurriedly walked behind him, wrapped his arms around his body and placed his fists below his diaphragm. “Hold on to the railing.” He commanded.

Sehun followed. After a short while, he felt Jongin squeezing his body. And out came a chunk of apple from his mouth. His breathing becomes normal again. He’s so relieved he felt his knees go weak as he leaned towards the railing and holds his throat. “You… saved me.”

He asked one of his maids to bring them water. After a while, she returned and Jongin gave the glass of water to him. “Are you okay?” he asked.

Sehun nodded. Words are not enough to express how grateful he is to Jongin for saving his life. His admiration increased tenfold.  He took the apple from him. “Next time, eat slowly.” He said. “Or just eat few.”

For the first time, Sehun doesn’t retaliate. He just looked at the apple that Jongin is holding, then back to his handsome face. “Jongin.” He called.

“Yes?”

“Thank you.”Jongin was a bit surprised with his tone, as well as with his thanks. Sehun was ready to defend himself from the weird look Jongin was giving him but how could he? The man just saved him. In the end, Jongin just nodded and quietly went down the stairs. Sehun just followed. Something changed. At least to him.

 


 

Sehun tapped his fingers on the plastic container he was holding on his lap. He was at the reception area of the building that Jongin owns. It’s almost an hour since he’s waiting for Jongin to have a free time so that he can give him the food that he cooked.

He has a cook that comes to his house every other day to prepare his food because he doesn’t really like to cook. So to be able to cook something delicious, he seeks help from his cook. And all of this is because he wants to thank Jongin for saving his life. And for something else. Whatever that “something else” is, he will just figure it out later.

Sehun looked at his wristwatch. He was never used to waiting for someone. Even with his friends, he doesn’t wait this long when they have agreed to meet. If they are not on time, he just leaves without even meeting them. But now, he gives an exception. After all, he owed Jongin his life. One hour is nothing, right?

An hour passed. Then another. And another. Sehun stood up and went to Jongin’s secretary. He had never worked in a corporate world so he didn’t know if a meeting should take up this much time. But in his world, this was called “abuse”. He waited too long. “Excuse me, where is the conference room?” He asked.

“There… Sir! You can’t go there! Their meeting is not yet done!”

Sehun just walked straight inside the conference room. He’ll just apologize if someone scolds him. If he waits for permission to enter, for sure it will take him another three hours. Or more. When he went inside, three pairs of eyes looked at him. Jongin is standing up and seems like he’s in the middle of explaining something. Sehun went to him and shoved the plastic container on his chest before Jongin can even say something.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun said. “This will only take a few minutes. I just want to give you the food that I cooked, but I have to wait for three hours? Don’t you know who I am? My time is important because I am Oh Sehun.”

“The abstract painter?” The oldest man inside the room asked.

“Yes, that’s me.”

“I love your paintings.”

“Thank you. Anyway—”

“Sehun, I’m in the middle of a very important meeting.”

“Wait. There’s still something I want to say.” He looked at the three men. “Can you excuse us for a while?”

“It’s okay, son.” The old man said. “Can I have your autograph after this?”

“Sure.” Sehun faced Jongin who is still holding the container. “Anyway, that’s the only reason I came here. To thank you for saving my life yesterday. Thank you. Okay, bye.”

“You saved Sehun’s life, Mr. Kim? Very well.” The old man stood up and the two men with him. “My lawyers will prepare the necessary papers so that we can have our contract-signing as soon as possible.”

Surprise is evident on Jongin’s face but he nodded and shook his client’s hand.

“And thank you for saving my favorite painter’s life.” The old man placed a small piece of paper inside the pocket of Jongin’s suit.

Then there was only just the two of them. “Did I just close the deal for you?”

“I don’t want to admit it, but yes.”

Sehun grinned. “How much does that deal cost?”

“Twenty-one million. Dollars.”

“Wow, I just made you a millionaire.”

“I’m already a millionaire. I just became richer by twenty-one million.” Jongin sat on one of the swivel chairs and inspected the contents of the plastic container. “Is this delicious?”

“Won’t I get a commission?” Sehun joked then sat at the edge of the conference table. Sehun took a pen and read the contents of the paper on the table. “Wow. I really gave your company a huge amount of money.”

“Five hundred thousand. Is that enough?” Jongin smelled the food. “So what do you want to do with it?”

Half a million dollars? Holy cow! He was shocked. But he was more excited of how will Jongin react when he’s able to taste the food that he cooked.  “I still don’t know what to do with it yet. I’ll think about it.”

“Okay. Just call me if you’re able to think of something.” Jongin started eating.

Sehun waited for Jongin’s reaction. Sehun is just smiling while watching him eat. He’s happy because Jongin seems to be enthusiastic in eating his food. Jongin pays him no attention as he munches on his food.

“What?” Jongin asked after eating. He was able to finish everything inside the container.

“How was it? Is it delicious?”

“I don’t know. I wasn’t able to taste it properly.”

“Huh? You finished everything yet you weren’t able to taste it properly? You’re too much.”

“It means next time, you should bring more food.”

Sehun smiled. He’s sure Jongin liked his cooking. He just wasn’t able to say it directly because they were still bickering at each other with every chance that they get. Maybe he doesn’t want to praise him that much. Jongin took the papers on the table and starts to read them. Sehun just took the container. The fact that Jongin finished everything is enough for him. Sehun is about to get out of the room when Jongin called him.

“Sehun?”

He looked at Jongin.

“Thanks.”

“Thank you too.” He gave him his sweetest smile before leaving the room.

 


Hi everyone! I'm sorry I wasn't able to update for a few days. T.T Anyway, here's the fourth chapter. Thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting! ❤❤❤