Chapter Three

Paint My Love

Image result for house with large windows

Here's some visual representation of the Kim residence :)


 

Jongin placed Sehun on the passenger seat of his car. When Jongin was seated on the driver’s seat, Sehun heard a click which indicates that the automatic lock of his car has been set. “Let me go!” Sehun shouted. “I will count until three, if you don’t let me go, I will call the police!”

“Do it.”

“Three!”

Jongin started the engine and sped away. Sehun wants to scream and wreak havoc. But if he does that, Jongin might lose his concentration in driving and they might get into accident. He doesn’t want to die yet so he just sat quietly while thinking of his next battle plan against him. This was the first time someone didn’t do what he commanded. And that’s what is getting on his nerves.

“The moment I’m able to get away from you, I will make sure you will rot in jail! What I don’t like the most is forcing me to something that I don’t want to do.”

“What I also don’t like the most is using force.” Jongin said, clearly suppressing his anger. “It’s tiring. But you’re clearly getting on my nerves. You just have to talk to my sister once, you’re so finicky.”

Sehun gasped on what Jongin used to describe him. “I’m not!” He disagrees.

“Yes you are. It’s just a simple wish, you can’t even do it.”

“What if I tell you your sister does not have any illness?”

“You’re not a doctor.”

“You don’t need a doctor to tell you your sister is not sick.”

“I don’t need you to tell me your observations on my sister. You’re not a doctor.”

Sehun still has many things to say to Jongin, but because of so much irritation, he can’t find the right words to say to him. In the end, he just chose to turn away from Jongin. Calm down, Sehun. Just remember that he is the one behind the wheel. If you nag him more, there’s a possibility that you will both say goodbye in this world.

And so he shut up. But it doesn’t mean that he won’t think of any plot against Jongin. He looked at the car stereo. He turns it on and turned the volume up. That’s his way of reducing his stress. But Jongin turned it off. Sehun turned to Jongin to glare at him but the man has his eyes on the road. He the stereo again. Jongin turned it off for the second time.

“I can’t concentrate on my driving when my eardrums are about to burst.”

“I don’t care. I’m annoyed and I cannot hit you because you are driving. So this is my way of releasing my anger.” He was about to turn the stereo on again but Jongin caught his hand.

“I said I can’t concentrate on my driving. If you want to have an accident and say goodbye to this world, you can do that alone. Leave me out of it.”

“If that’s the case, then pull over and let me go.”

“Next time.”

“That’s my line.” Sehun tried to set his hand free but Jongin kept a tight grip on him. “What now!?”

“If you don’t stop with your antics, I will really kiss you this time.” Jongin turned his car towards the parking lot of the restaurant beside the road.

“Y-you’ll kiss me?” Sehun asked. What will he do if Jongin actually kiss him? Jongin seems strong just by looking at him. Sehun looked again at their intertwined hands and he can feel Jongin’s strong grip on him.

Sehun looked at his face while Jongin maneuvers the car. He still looked superbly handsome even in his worst mood. His lips were pinkish they looked so enticing. Well, he guess it won’t be too bad if Jongin would be his first kiss.

“Kiss you?” Jongin mockingly said. Then he let go of his hand. “Of course not.”

Sehun felt humiliated but he doesn’t show it. He really wants to kick Jongin, to be honest. Because he keeps on shutting him out. “What are we doing here? Is this your house?” Sehun read the restaurant’s name. “’Bong Dak Chicken.’ Wow, your house name is pretty cool. Very unique.”

Jongin just glared at him before exiting the car.

Sehun peered through his window. “Where are you going? You’re abducting me, right? Why are you leaving me here? Why did you even bring your car keys with you? I don’t have any money with me.”

“I have to pee.” Jongin answered. “Stay there. If you try to escape, I will make my private army look for you. You don’t want that to happen because they are the best in the military.”

“Yeah, right.” Sehun nonchalantly said.

Jongin placed his arm on his open window and motioned him to go near him. Sehun just sticks his tongue out. He wasn’t expecting Jongin’s reaction because his eyes shone and a smile is slowly forming on his lips. Then he laughed. While Sehun was looking at him, he feels like his problems are suddenly lifted.

Jongin’s cheeks reddened and his laughter seemed to calm and warm his cold heart. He’s not a funny person. Among the three of them, it was Baekhyun who knows how to deliver punch lines. He was amused when Jongin laughed at something that he’s unaware of doing or saying. Jongin even hit his head when he stood straight. He just held his head and went inside the restaurant while chuckling.

“Wow! He’s so handsome… like he cannot do anything bad in this world.” Sehun said while shaking his head. “Aaa—h! Why am I praising that guy? That was just a laugh!” But he’s really handsome. He seemed different from the jerk person that I encountered earlier. Those eyes…that smile… Sehun lightly tapped his cheeks then decided to go out the car to stretch his limbs. He’s alone at the parking lot so he decided to join Jongin inside the restaurant. He asked the waiter for the direction of the restroom. But he decided to be naughty so he asked the man who is waiting near the door. “Is there someone inside?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“My husband went inside a few minutes ago. I just want to know if he’s inside.”

“Why?”

Sehun wants to roll his eyes. “Our children are waiting inside our car. They have been asking for their father that’s why I decided to follow him.”

“Is your husband the tall guy, tanned skin and wearing an expensive suit?”

“Yes.”

“Yeah, he’s the one inside.”

Sehun smiled. He’s so proud of himself. Hah! Am I a genius or what? He waited for Jongin to come out and the man was slightly surprised when he saw him.

“What are you doing here?”

“I don’t want to wait for you inside the car. And besides, I’m hungry.” Sehun said and walked towards a table and sat down. The waiter gave him the menu and he ordered.

“Are you eating for 10 people?” Jongin asked and sat in front of him.

Sehun looked at him. “I’m hungry. If you want to eat as well then eat. Don’t disturb me. My temper is short when I’m hungry.”

“Are you sure you can finish all that?”

“Yes.” After a few minutes, his order arrived. “Pay for it.” He commanded.

“What?” Jongin asked, surprised.

“I don’t have money. It’s your fault, since you just pulled me to your car. So you have to suffer the consequences. Pay for this.”

“I just peed but I’m going bankrupt as well.” Jongin seems to be irritated at him. But he gets money in his wallet, anyway. “I hope you choke on your food.”

“That’s not on my dictionary.” After getting the food, Sehun went out of the restaurant.

“You’re really something, Oh Sehun.”

 


 

Sehun is amazed with how large Jongin’s house is. It has a western style with a slight touch of modern Europe. There are also plenty of flowering plants outside the house while the inside looks cool because of the large windows. It feels like it’s nice to have a nap everywhere. Even on the carpeted floor in the living room.

He tried to speak loudly. He pretended to call the maids. Three uniformed women came out from different parts of the house. “Cool!” Sehun laughed. “It’s echoing inside. And there are maids too? It’s like a magic, huh?”

“Stop fooling around, Sehun.” Jongin said. Then asked the maids to go back where they were earlier before Sehun called them. “Don’t mind this crazy person.”

Sehun frowned while following Jongin towards the second floor of the house. “How many of you lives here beside ghosts and other entities?”

“Two.”

“It’s just Yeri and you?” He asked, a bit surprised. “Where are your parents?”

“Abroad.”

Sehun clicked his tongue. “You rich people really likes to waste space. With the size of your house, the whole neighborhood can fit in here.”

“I know.” Jongin went back on his being arrogant and cold self. Maybe he was just dreaming when he saw Jongin laugh earlier.

Sehun looked at the paintings as they are passing through the hallway. “Wow, these are all my paintings.”

“That’s why I don’t want to go here at the second floor. My vision is spinning whenever I see the mix of colors in your painting.”

Sehun tapped Jongin’s shoulder with force. “Wait. Let’s talk for a while. What are your problems with my painting and you’re always insulting it? You know, if you have a problem with me, say it on my face instead of targeting my paintings.”

“Sorry.”

“I cannot accept your ‘sorry’” He’s really annoyed now. “Okay, tell me what did my paintings do to you. If you don’t like to see my paintings, why did you place it on your wall then?”

‘I’m sorry. That’s all I could say.” Jongin sighed.

“You’re the crazy one here.”

“If that’s what can make your anger go away, then yes, I’m crazy.” Jongin entered a room.

Sehun was supposed to be mad but he saw sadness on Jongin’s eyes. Sehun looked at his paintings. “You’re all pretty.” He said. “You’re all colorful so you’re just emitting positive vibes. What’s so sad about you?” There’s no trace of black or gray on her paintings. Obviously, Yeri loved life because of the bursts of colors on every painting. I don’t get it. What’s there not to like?

“Sehun!” Jongin called him. He just went out of the room. His handsome face was now devoid of any emotion. “Talk to my sister. If you can make her eat, I will be very grateful.”

Sehun is an artist so he can absorb any feelings of the person near him. Wait, this guy and I are not even close so why would I be affected of his sadness? His coldness jumped out of the window quickly and nodded at Jongin. Damn it! Why was he this affected? And why was it he didn’t want to see Jongin this…sad? Sehun immediately went inside Yeri’s room. He doesn’t want to notice anything else about Jongin that makes his mind go haywire.

Yeri’s wide smile and enthusiastic face is what welcomed Sehun. Yeri signaled him to close the door. She lied down on her stomach and gets something under the bed. It was a box full of chocolates. Sehun just scratched his head.

“You and your brother are really weird.” Sehun shook his head.

“So, Sehun oppa. How’s my brother? Are you two together?” Yeri excitedly asks. She munched on the chocolate on her hand.

“Yeri, stop matchmaking me with your brother. We’re not compatible. If I’m weird, he’s weirder. We’re not going to be in good terms.” Sehun sat on a chair. “And besides, he’s really worried about you so stop acting you’re on a hunger strike. Even if I’m annoyed by your brother, I still pity him because you’re making him look stupid.”

“I’m doing this for you. I want him to have someone in his monotonous life. And I want you to be that ‘someone’”

“Why? Because I’m your favorite painter? Yeri, you cannot force someone to love. If your brother doesn’t want to love someone at the moment, he won’t do it.”

“Why are you here with him, then?”

“Because of you. You asked him to bring me here, right?”

“No!” Yeri immediately said. “I just asked him to apologize to you. That’s it.”

“The thing is, he wants a proof so he brought me here.”

“I didn’t say something like that.”

“Yeri—”

“I swear!” She chewed on her chocolate some more before raising her right hand. “I know how busy you are with your painting so why would I disturb you?”

“If that’s true, then… then why did he bring me here?”

“I don’t know. That’s why I’m surprised when my Jongin oppa said that you’re here.” Yeri gasped. “Oh my goodness! He likes you!”

 


I'm sorry this chapter was delayed by three days. I was about to post the chapter this Sunday but of course, I have to be in Twitter and support our boys' awesome Olympic performance. I don't have any words to express how proud I am of this massive achievement of EXO. ❤❤❤ And my new poster was made by Eclipse Graphic Shop They work really fast and their works are so pretty!