Chapter 1

The Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The applause from the audience died down as the VIXX members hurried down the stage, panting heavily, with sweat trickling down their foreheads. Hakyeon trailed behind the members slowly as he was overwhelmed with fatigue from the endless schedules he had individually - not like they noticed or cared, he thought to himself. He heaved a deep sigh as he could feel the exhaustion wearing him thin for the lack of having a proper sleep and meal. His shoulder was also aching badly. Hakyeon raised his arm, trying to massage the throbbing pain, hoping to gain some relief - which did not work. When he finally made his way back to the waiting room, he realised that he was the only one left, the memebers already left, leaving him alone, not like he wasn't used to it, he thought. He walked to his bag and took out the bottle of pills in his bag, painkillers to be exact, pouring two pills onto his palm. He ignored the doctor's advice that he was not allowed to take two pills at once, especially on an empty stomach but he couldn't care less since he already took more than half the bottle of pills in 2 weeks, which obviously wasn't the correct amount of dosage he was supposed to be taking, but he just couldn't care less. Hakyeon sat down on the chair, waiting for the pills to take effect as he closed his eyes for a moment.

"Hakyeon-ah! We're going to be late for your next schedule if you don't get changed now!" His manager exclaimed as he burst open the waiting room's door.

"Okay hyung! Give me 5 minutes, I'll be there shortly." Hakyeon hollered back.

He stood up from his conmfortable chair tiredly and reluctantly, heaving a sigh for the umpteenth time of the day. In the rush to get changed, he momentarily forgot about his sore shoulder. He hissed in pain as he could feel the pain that was finally relieved coming back in full force. He grabbed his shoulder, groaning in pain. Hakyeon could see the bright red scar across the upper part of his shoulder, clutching it as gentle as he could, pain flashing across his face. Looking at the scar triggered a few unwanted memory of the accident that he wanted to forget desperately.

FLASHBACK (10 YEARS AGO)

"Hakyeon oppa! Are you free now? Shall we go and watch a movie?" Jihee asked as she approached Hakyeon at his desk, while he is packing his bag.

"Sure! Of course I can't decline if you really want to go with me~" Hakyeon replied in a teasing voice as he nudged his childhood friend by his shoulder.

"Do you want to die?!" Jihee exclaimed as she playfully hit his arm back.

The two of them slowly made their way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter