Worst comes to worst

The Omega Twin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

         Sehun was very much aware that what he was about to do could end up being the biggest mistake of his life. But, even while knowing that, he couldn’t shrug of this feeling that he was supposed to take his brother’s place and live an adventure. An adventure in which he could finally play the main character.

Having grown up in a foster home had not exactly been a walk in the park. Children had always been mean and unnecessarily cruel to him because he was very small when little. It had taken him time to grow into his body and even at the moment, he still felt traces of his insecurities. He didn’t see himself as attractive or interesting enough to catch anyone’s eye. That’s also one of the reasons nobody wished to adopt him. He liked spending time on his own, and hated having to interact too long with other. Not because he wouldn’t have wished to have friends but because he was convinced no one would want to be his friend. So he had resigned himself, at quite a tender age, with the thought that people like him would never have an exciting or audacious life. This could be his only chance at making a difference in his life. He wasn’t sure if the risk would be worth it but he was willing to try.

The possibility of finally meeting his parents and being able to hug them or talk to them was making him feel very emotional because he had been missing out on this for so long. He felt a little bitter because his brother had enjoyed their parents’ warmth and love and he had been forced to live in a place where nobody wanted him. The orphanage had taught him one very important lesson and that was that people like him should not have too high expectations. Who would ever find rejected children like them cute or likable enough to want to know them better? He had been a nobody from day one and this wouldn’t change too soon. But now he could finally live the dream, at least for a while, and then safely store the precious memories he would make in a corner of his heart.

Shixun was not convinced at all that this could work. His brother looked too soft and innocent. It was a well-known fact that the world he had grown up in was fierce and violent and that the real assets one should possess were manipulation and indifference. Feelings were seen as weakness but thankfully for him, he had been lucky enough to be raised in a family who was affectionate and sweet-natured. Even his parents, notwithstanding their responsibilities, had still found time to enjoy the joys of watching him grow. That was also why he felt guilty for having deceived his parents for all these years but the truth was he had been afraid. He didn’t want to disappoint anyone. Not until he found a way to accept his true nature. He had acted as an Omega for all this time and learning to live as a Beta would take a lot of time and effort.

He had never meant to drag Sehun into this mess but he was left with no choice. He had to take a break for all the expectations and the rules he had been raised in. Plus, he had never had the chance to spend some real time with his lover, always hiding in dark rooms, always having to use excuses to see him. It wasn’t fair and Shixun, even though aware he was being selfish and stubborn, wanted to know what freedom felt like.

Away from all the palace drama, away from all those uptight dukes and lords who tried to rule his life. He only needed few months to figure out how to tell his parents the truth. And how to prove to them he was reliable enough to one day become ruler of their land. But not with an Alpha forced upon him but with someone he truly cared for. Somebody who would support him and provide him with the strength to face any requested challenges he might have to face.

His parents were a perfect example of how a ruling couple should benlike. His mother was just as fierce and as strong as his father. She had never been afraid to confront her husband on matters which were crucial to the evolution of their small kingdom and as a result their state had only prospered over the years. He longed for a relationship like that, where nature and status were not the only determinants.

The only thing he could now was hope for the best. Pray that Sehun would be able to survival the intrinsics of the royal court and that he would eventually find the peace and confidence he was looking for. He would help his brother and keep him protected. He trusted Minseok with his life and his friend would know how to take care of his slightly younger brother.

“Sehun you need to be very careful. I am sorry once again for making you do this but I want you to know that I care about you. You’re my brother and I can tell you’ve grown amazingly well despite the circumstances. Your heart is very pure b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter