Trust

Trust

The news that the most popular boy in school was dating someone reached the ears of every student in a matter of days. Se Hun was happy with Lu Han. He knew that some girls were disappointed, but he just couldn't make his feelings change to give them some kind of relief.

Bae Joo Hyun was a very beautiful girl in Se Hun's class. She was tall, thin, had soft and white skin, not to mention that his long, dark hair was the envy of many. Almost everybody used to think that she could be the perfect girlfriend for the popular Oh Se Hun; some students even made comments such as "They look so cute together", so it was a shock to suddenly find out that Se Hun was interested in a boy. Joo Hyun wasn't happy at all.

After two years dating, Lu Han and Se Hun couldn't feel luckier. They were on their last year of high school, and everything seemed amazing for them. However, Joo Hyun was still angry. She grew to hate Lu Han, thinking that the brown-haired boy had taken away the person who belonged to her.

"I can't stand that loser," she sighed heavily. "What does Se Hun see in him?"

Kang Seul Gi was Joo Hyun's best friend, and she always tried her best to comfort her. She wanted to help Joo Hyun and make her feel better, but she knew the other girl was too stubborn to see that the answer was letting go of Se Hun and try to be happy with someone else. After all, she was popular, too. She had a chance with many handsome boys.

"I think you should just forget about Se Hun and let him be happy with Lu Han."

"No!" She shouted. "I should get rid of Lu Han! I must get him out of my way!"

"Do you really want to ruin their relationship?" Seul Gi shook her head in disappointment. "You are better than that. I know you are."

"It's okay if you don't want to help me. I'm sure Yeri will love to hear about my plans," she said with a smile before leaving Seul Gi alone in the empty classroom.

Meanwhile, Se Hun and Lu Han were sharing lunch on the rooftop. The brown-haired boy had good cooking skills, and he loved to spoil his boyfriend with his favorite dishes from time to time.

"I'll cook something for you next time," Se Hun promised.

"It's not necessary, Hunnie."

"I would like to try. I mean, you always surprise me with the most delicious food while I can only order a pizza when you have dinner at my house."

"And that's fine. I really enjoy having pizza with you."

Lu Han took a napkin and delicately cleaned a small soy sauce stain that had remained at the corner of the other boy's lips.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome," he smiled before giving him a sweet peck on the lips.

"Let's watch a movie this weekend."

"Sounds nice." He giggled. "I have to go now. I promised Baek Hyun that I would help him with his homework. I'll see you after class, okay?"

"Okay, Hannie. I have to go now, too. Jong In wanted to tell me something, so he asked me to wait for him at the entrance's fountain after finishing my meal."

"Okay. See you later, then. I love you."

"I love you more."

That earned Se Hun another kiss, a little bit deeper than the one he got before.

Lu Han smiled, took his empty lunch box, and stood up, leaving in search of his classmate. Then, the rest of the day went on normally.

One of the many good things about having a sweet boyfriend like Se Hun was that alarms to wake up early every morning were no longer necessary. Lu Han would always wake up happily because of the sound of a new message from the black-haired boy he loved so much reaching his phone. He was expecting to read something among the lines of "Good morning, Hannie!" or maybe "Hi, did you sleep well?" or maybe "I'm waiting for you outside. Let's go somewhere to have breakfast together, we'll then go to school from there."

That's why he was really surprised when the only words his eyes could find on the screen were:

We need to talk.

After reading that message, he immediately knew something was wrong. Lu Han called Se Hun's number and waited for him to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hunnie! Is everything okay?" asked the shorter. "I read your message and…"

"Lu Han, we should talk face to face. Just go to school. Meet me at the parking lot."

Se Hun had just called him "Lu Han", not "Hannie". It felt so weird. However, he agreed to what Se Hun asked. After hanging up, Lu Han got up as fast as he could and got ready for school in about fifteen minutes. He didn't even care about getting something to eat anymore. He needed to see his boyfriend.

When the brown-haired boy finally made it to the parking lot, he spotted Se Hun waiting for him, resting his back against his red Kia Sorento. He walked towards him, looking worried.

"Hunnie… What's going on?"

"Are you cheating on me?"

"What?"

"Baek Hyun and you," he said angrily. "Are you two together behind my back?"

"What?! Of course we're not! Don't say stupid things!"

"I have the messages, Lu Han!"

"Messages? What are you talking about?" The shorter just couldn't understand what was happening.

"Don't play dumb!"

"I really don't know why are you saying this…"

"I can't believe that after two years… I mean… How could you?" Se Hun's expression changed in the blink of an eye. He looked sad. He didn't want to listen to Lu Han, he just walked away and ignored him.

The news that the most popular boy in school was dating someone reached the ears of every student in a matter of days. Likewise, the news that said boy's boyfriend had cheated on him spread so fast that almost every student looked at Lu Han with hatred in a matter of thirty minutes.

Lu Han was running around the entire building, looking for Baek Hyun. When he found him, he assumed he already knew about the rumors, and so, he demanded to know who had the terrible idea of telling lies like the ones that were filling the whole school.

"I don't know who started this, Lu Han. I'm as confused as you," Baek Hyun explained. "And I'm really sad. Chan Yeol, the guy I like, believes the rumors. He thinks I'm dating you behind Se Hun's back. I would never do something like that! If somebody has a relationship, getting in the middle would be the worst thing to do!"

At least Lu Han could see that Baek Hyun was being honest. He sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose.

"I need to know who started this rumor."

"Do you think… it was the same person who started the other rumor?"

"What other rumor?"

"Believe it or not, some students took your side."

"What do you mean, Baek Hyun?"

"Well, I heard that Se Hun was cheating on you, that Jong In and him were only laughing at your back."

"What?!"

"Some people believe that. Some others believe that it was you and I who laughed at Se Hun's back."

"But… No, I would never cheat on Se Hun. I love him! And I know Se Hun would never… do something like that."

Meanwhile, Joo Hyun was walking around school with her friend Yeri. They smiled at each other after seeing their plan had been successful. Creating fake messages and then sending them to Se Hun through a private number was the easiest thing to do. Of course, they didn't want to make any damage to Se Hun's reputation, but it was necessary in order to keep Lu Han away from him, too. That's why they also spread some fake messages between Se Hun and Jong In among the students.

Joo Hyun was happy. She thought she would finally have a chance to win Se Hun's heart and be his girlfriend. She just had to prepare her best smile and some kind words. He waved good-bye to Yeri and went to the rooftop, knowing she would find the black-haired boy there.

At the same time, Kim Jong In was hiding inside the men's restroom on the third floor, talking to a boy who was around 3.5 inches shorter than him. They both looked stressed, and maybe a little bit angry, but not so much.

"This is ridiculous, Kai," complained the guy with big eyes, calling Jong In by his nickname.

"I know." He sighed. "I mean, you know that Se Hun and I are just friends. The screenshots that got to your phone are fake."

"Whoever did this just wants to cause trouble between Se Hun and Lu Han, they want them to break up. It has nothing to do with us." He was sure about that since his relationship with Jong In was a secret. Nobody knew yet, not even their closest friends. Do Kyung Soo, the shorter guy, kind of preferred it that way for the moment.

"We have to help Se Hun and Lu Han."

Three days later, Lu Han was feeling like he could die. Why was it so hard for Se Hun to listen to him? He even kept ignoring his calls.

He sighed and looked through some pictures he had on his phone's gallery. They looked happy in every single picture, like they belonged together, like it was just meant to be. Se Hun's smiles, Se Hun's hugs, Se Hun's kisses… He missed everything about him.

"I don't care who started the rumor about you and Jong In. I know it's not true," he talked to his boyfriend in a selfie they had taken a couple of weeks ago. "And you know that I love you, right? You know that I would never cheat on you, my love. If you could only put your anger aside for a while, so we could talk and solve this… Then I would kiss you and treat you to some delicious bubble tea." He said with a weak smile.

Se Hun missed Lu Han, too. However, reading those ugly messages of his boyfriend flirting and making plans with Baek Hyun made him sick. Jong In had told him the messages were fake, he had even told him about the other messages that featured "both of them" to trick Lu Han into thinking that Se Hun was the cheater.

They were in Se Hun's bedroom, talking about that very same topic.

"I don't know, Kai. I'm really hurt because of this."

"You're just being stupid, Se Hun."

"Let's say you're right, let's say all of these messages are fake," he said, looking at his phone's screen. "Who did this? And why? Who would want to make me think that Lu Han cheated on me?"

"How am I supposed to know that?" asked Jong In. "Se Hun, you're the most popular boy in school. I know people that would even kill just to get your phone number. Maybe some crazy fan of yours is trying to make you leave Lu Han, have you ever thought about that?"

"Nobody at school would be that mean."

"Oh, please!"

"Wait… Now that you mention it…"

"Yes?"

"There's someone who has been trying to get closer to me since the rumor about Lu Han and Baek Hyun started to spread around school."

"Now, that could be a hint! Who is it?"

"Bae Joo Hyun," he answered. "Do you know her? She's a girl from my class."

"Bae Joo Hyun," Jong In repeated the name and let out a sigh. "Oh! If I'm not mistaken, that girl had a crush on you some time ago. You should be careful around her."

"Why?"

"She joined the Arts club shortly after Kyung Soo, so he knows her, too. He told me some things about her. She's neither nice nor a good person, even if she seems to be."

The next day, Joo Hyun arrived at school and spotted Se Hun at the entrance, so she ran towards him and happily wrapped her arms around the boy's right arm. She smiled at him and kept walking by his side without letting him go. Se Hun didn't seem to be bothered by that.

Lu Han saw that scene and felt a painful hit on his chest, which only became more unbearable after hearing some students whispering things like "They will definitely make a cute couple!", "I wish I was her", and "I'm so glad Se Hun is moving on after the terrible thing Lu Han did to him."

With tears rolling down his cheeks, Lu Han ran to his classroom even if he still had some minutes to spend before the beginning of the class. He couldn't stop thinking about what he saw. Was Se Hun with Joo Hyun now? He spotted his friends Kyung Soo and Baek Hyun but didn't say anything to them. He just sat down next to Kyung Soo, and at the same time, behind Baek Hyun.

"Lu Han?" His friends got worried as soon as they saw him crying.

"I didn't do anything," he sobbed. "I didn't cheat on Se Hun. I would never do that, I'm in love with him!" He shouted. "And now he's with Bae Joo Hyun. I saw them walking together, she was holding on to him, like a couple."

"Lu Han, you need to calm down," Baek Hyun caressed his arm softly. "There's no way Se Hun is with that girl now."

"He hasn't even told me that we are over yet, how could he…?" He couldn't finish his sentence as more tears started to roll down and he had to take a deep breath. "He wasn't bothered by that girl, he let her hold on to his arm," he cried. "Maybe he actually is like that, maybe he's a player, maybe he was cheating on me with Jong In, after all." He was letting his imagination fire up due to his pain. He wasn't even thinking clearly before letting his words come out.

"Of course he wasn't cheating on you with Jong In," Kyung Soo sighed.

"How can you be so sure about that?" asked Luhan.

Kyung Soo then blushed and looked away. He couldn't tell his friends that he had been dating Jong In for almost six months now. He didn't feel ready to share that secret yet.

"Because I know Jong In, okay? He wouldn't mess around with other people's relationships." He finally said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Whatever. The point is that our dear Lu Han just saw Se Hun and Joo Hyun together," continued Baek Hyun. "And Se Hun didn't mind that she was holding on to him."

"That's right." Lu Han sobbed again.

"Lu Han…"

A soft voice made the three guys turn their heads towards the door. Standing there was no other than Seul Gi. She had the same classes as them, but they barely talked to each other, so it was kind of strange that she was walking towards Lu Han's desk.

"Seul Gi?"

"Can we talk for a moment?" she asked.

Lu Han nodded and gave all of his attention to the girl standing right in front of him.

"In private," she added. "Please."

"Okay…" He stood up. "I'll be right back, Baek Hyun, Kyung Soo."

"Seul Gi? I think she's one of Joo Hyun's friends," Baek Hyun whispered to Kyung Soo, even though the girl and Lu Han were already outside the classroom.

They didn't have much time left before the teacher's arrival. However, it was enough for Seul Gi to let Lu Han know some important things about Joo Hyun and her thoughts. When Lu Han came back inside, he apologized to his friends, but he didn't tell them much about what he and Seul Gi had talked about. He only said that Joo Hyun and Se Hun weren't really together, but that had to mean that Se Hun had something in mind. Otherwise, he definetely wouldn't have let her grab his arm like she did before.

At lunchtime, Lu Han got a message from Se Hun. His eyes opened wide due to the surprise, but he immediately opened the message and read:

Meet me at the second floor's restroom in five minutes.

Lu Han ran towards the second floor, ignoring the fact that running wasn't allowed in the halls. He went inside the restroom and waited for Se Hun. Exactly five minutes later, the black-haired boy walked in.

"Lu Han?"

"Se Hun!"

"I'm glad to see you. I'm so sorry for… I… Thank you for coming even after I was such a…"

"It doesn't matter," Lu Han interrupted him. "I know you were upset."

"I was an idiot. I should have let you talk," he stopped for a few seconds. "You probably heard that I cheated on you with Jong In or something like that. You must know that's not true."

"And it's not true that I cheated on you with Baek Hyun," he whispered. "Somebody just… tried to set a trap to make us break up."

"I'm starting to believe it was Joo Hyun."

"Did a girl tell you anything?" asked Lu Han.

"No. But Jong In did." He answered. "Jong In made me realize something. I know I can solve this if I let Joo Hyun get closer to me."

"What?!"

"Hannie, my love… Hey, look at me… Do you trust me?"

Lu Han couldn't take his eyes off Se Hun's.

"I do."

And it was true. When he saw the screenshots that showed conversations between "Se Hun and Jong In", he knew they were all fake. He never believed his boyfriend had done something as terrible as cheating.

"I'm really sorry. I'm the worst boyfriend. If you had found out about the rumors of Jong In and I before I found out about the rumors of Baek Hyun and you, I'm sure you would have listened to me. I acted like the worst, and I hurt you."

"Like I said, I know you were upset," he sighed, getting closer to him. "Let's forget about that, shall we? I've missed you so much, Hunnie," his voice seemed to break a bit, hugging the taller guy tightly.

"And I've missed you so much, Hannie." He hugged him back and kissed his head softly. "I'll unmask Joo Hyun. Until then, I think it will be better if we keep acting like we don't talk to each other anymore."

"But I want to spend lunchtime with you. And I want to walk home with you!"

"Soon, Hannie." He left a sweet kiss on his boyfriend's lips and smiled when he felt Lu Han kissing back.

"What's your plan to unmask Joo Hyun?"

"I can't tell you here. I just need you to trust me, please."

"Okay. I do. I trust you."

"Good." He kissed him again. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Yes, but I love you more."

"Hunnie", Lu Han chuckled.

"I missed your soft lips like crazy," Se Hun added, giving him just two more short kisses before letting him go. "I'll visit you tonight. Sounds good?"

"Sounds amazing."

Lu Han left the restroom first and went to look for his friends. He was much calmer than before. Baek Hyun and Kyung Soo noticed, of course, but they remained silent.

That night, the brown-haired boy worked hard in his kitchen, just for Se Hun. He wanted to make the perfect hot pot for his boyfriend.

He was listening to pop music while he cooked, just because he needed some noise in his small apartment. Last year, he shared that very same place with a guy named Zhang Yixing. Having a roommate was fun, but he understood Yixing's reasons when he returned to his hometown in China. After that, Lu Han didn't look for another roommate. He was fine by himself… kind of. He just missed having someone to talk to there.

"I guess I feel lonely sometimes. I should adopt a cat," he thought out loud.

Fourty minutes later, Se Hun arrived to Lu Han's apartment and found himself quickly caught in the shorter's arms. Those last days had been like a nightmare for both of them, so it was good they could finally be together like that and talk like before.

"I missed you, too." He held Lu Han's body close to his own.

"Sit down, Hunnie. Dinner's ready!"

"What did you cook? It smells good."

"Hot pot!"

Lu Han had dinner with his boyfriend while they talked about Joo Hyun and the things Jong In had said about her. Lu Han couldn't help feeling jealous when he heard Joo Hyun had a crush on Se Hun. He knew the handsome black-haired boy was very popular, but he just didn't like the idea of seeing him as the boyfriend of any other person!

"I should be careful when Joo Hyun's anywhere near me. That's what Jong In told me."

"I have some information to share, too."

"I'm listening."

"Do you know a girl named Kang Seul Gi? She is Joo Hyun's best friend," said Lu Han before taking a bite off a piece of meat he had taken out of his bowl.

"I think I've heard that name before."

"Seul Gi told me that Joo Hyun hates me, and that I should be careful when she's around, too."

"So it was her fault, after all…" Se Hun sighed. "As long as you trust me, that girl will soon learn that spreading rumors is bad. She will regret what she did."

"Do you really have to let her get closer?"

"Are you jealous?"

"Of course!" He pouted.

"You're so cute, Hannie."

Both guys ended up laughing. After dinner, they stayed on the sofa for a long while, enjoying each other's company and hugs. Lu Han didn't really want to let his boyfriend go, but he had no choice after midnight arrived. They shared a tender kiss before saying their goodbyes, and Lu Han went to bed.

Days went by so fast, Se Hun and Joo Hyun looked more and more like a real couple every time, which was driving Lu Han insane. However, he trusted Se Hun, he knew he just had to wait a little bit longer before solving everything. Plus, the taller guy still visited him almost every night and made sure to shower him with love. Joo Hyun didn't know anything about that, she was calm because of the distance she could see between the two boys at school. She believed Se Hun and her were together because the whole school believed it as well. She felt like a princess whenever she walked next to Se Hun.

Another week passed by and Se Hun could finally make Joo Hyun pay for her big mistake. By creating some fake screenshots, the black-haired guy could make Joo Hyun know what having the whole school saying bad things about her felt like.

"Joo Hyun, we need to talk."

"What is it?" asked the girl, looking at him with a smile. She had no idea Se Hun had a plan.

"Are you cheating on me?"

"What?!"

"I read the messages you sent to Yeri. If you love flirting with her so much, why do you spend time with me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb."

Se Hun took his phone out of his pocket and showed Joo Hyun the screenshots he had "gotten". Then, he gave the girl a chance to explain everything. Joo Hyun was in shock, but she managed to say something.

"No! Those screenshots are fake! Yeri is my friend, I would never say things like those to her."

"Fake screenshots? How can I know you're not lying right now?" he didn't take his eyes off Joo Hyun. "They look real to me, like the ones I recieved some time ago, revealing that Lu Han was cheating on me with his friend Byun Baek Hyun. Could it be that you're just like him?"

"Ah… Those screenshots…" She was nervous all of a sudden.

"I don't like to spread rumors… But I can't let this pass. I guess I'll just send these screenshots to everyone. They deserve to know the real you, don't you think?"

"No! Please, don't do that… I'll do anything!"

"Anything?" he asked. "Would you tell everyone that the screenshots you sent before are fake?"

"What?"

"Yes, now I know it was you using a private number. You wanted to make me leave Lu Han alone."

"Se Hun… I… I only…"

"I don't want to listen to your excuses, I don't care about them. You better tell the truth."

"But…"

"If you don't, I'll send these screenshots to every student and teacher at school. You'll know what it feels like to be the target of rumors. Is that what you want?"

It was easy to see that Se Hun wasn't joking, so Joo Hyun had no choice. She crossed her arms over her chest and sighed. She really hated to lose, and she knew that not even her cutest pout would be able to help her that time.

"Why him? Why do you love Lu Han?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"Because he's honest, and he trusts me."

Joo Hyun's tears couldn't move Se Hun's heart. Not even an inch. The girl finally admitted defeat and promised to tell the truth in order to clean both names. She had to take care of her own reputation, too.

It was Friday night. Se Hun was at Lu Han's apartment, enjoying some popcorn while they watched some horror movie in the living room.

"Hunnie, I'm scared. You must stay here tonight and sleep with me."

"What are you talking about? You love movies like this one."

"Shh. Just tell me you'll stay here with me."

Se Hun laughed before kissing Lu Han's forehead softly. He was in love with the shorter boy, and he wouldn't change his moments with him for anything in the world.

"All right, all right. I'll stay with you since you're sooo scared," he made fun of his boyfriend's bad acting. It was obvious Lu Han wasn't scared at all, he just wanted Se Hun to spend the night at his apartment.

"Thank you."

"Hannie…"

"Yes?"

"Do you feel lonely in your apartment sometimes?"

Lu Han gave an honest answer.

"Yes. Sometimes."

"Don't you want to get a roommate?"

"I don't know, Hunnie. I haven't had a roommate since Yixing left. Plus, I still remember how jealous you were of him, even if he is just a friend. If I get another roommate, the same thing would happen."

"You need a roommate who won't make me feel jealous."

"No candidates, then."

"That's not true. There is one."

"Really? Who?"

"Me."

Lu Han looked at Se Hun, who was giving him the most charming smile he had ever seen on his lips. Was he kidding? The idea of having his boyfriend by his side even at home was tempting.

"I don't know if you would be a good roommate, Oh Se Hun," he teased.

"Why? Don't you trust me?"

Lu Han laughed softly before putting both hands over Se Hun's cheeks and pulling him towards his face to start a sweet kiss… which turned passionate in a matter of seconds.

"I trust you more than anyone," Lu Han finally gave an answer. "And I love you."

"So… Am I your new roommate, Hannie?"

"Yes, you are." He kissed him one more time.

"Well, this will be interesting," Se Hun smiled.

The End.