Of Nosebleeds and ThunderStorms

Veritaserum

Seulgi approaches the familiar oaken door of the Charms classroom, hands hesitating over the doorknob. In the recesses of her mind, she recalled Wendy giving her The SmirkTM as she left the Gryffindor common room -  she hated that smirk with a burning passion. 

 

Wendy pulled it out of her pocket whenever she knew something that Seulgi didn’t - the last time Wendy wore it Seulgi had went to an evening that ended with Irene using her as a test dummy for new spells, and ended up with more bruises than a giraffe’s spots (because how could she say no to that adorable pout?)

 

So when Wendy smirked again, Seulgi actually had half a mind to turn right back and jump into bed and pretend she forgot about the meeting that night. But then again, this was Irene and everyone knows how whipped Seulgi was when it comes to her. I’m not whipped, Seulgi thinks, hands still hovering over the doorknob. And I’ll show you.

 

She opened the door. 

 

Her jaw dropped. 

 

(Not whipped, huh?)

 

Irene had decided to wear a Muggle dress tonight. And not any Muggle dress, oh no, Irene had decided to wear a low cut purple dress that just seemed to accentuate her curves and already perfect figure and... is it just me or is it getting really hot in here? Seulgi stood there, her eyes soaking in the epitome of perfection that was Bae Joohyun.

 

Seulgi froze as she saw how Irene was sashaying her way towards Seulgi with that familiar hip movement that mesmerised Seulgi the first time she saw it; she lost it when Irene’s hand reached out and tilted her chin down so that the two could gaze into each other’s soul, and gulped when she saw the almost uncontrolled lust hidden within Irene’s own two orbs. 

 

And thus our lovable but rather blur protagonist shut her eyes and refused to open them lest she gets tempted to jump on Irene first. Which in hindsight, was not the best move to make because Irene, the most notorious tease known to wizardkind, was just next to her. 

 

“Seulgi... why aren’t you looking at me? Do I look… bad?” Irene whispered, voice low and husky.

 

“No! You look amazing!” Seulgi half yelled in protest, because did Irene just say she look bad? Like hello, did you look at yourself in the mirror Miss Could-Pass-Off-As-A-Literal-Goddess?

 

“Oh? Then why aren’t you looking at me then?” Irene asks, obviously enjoying teasing Seulgi (whose face was redder than any tomato that ever ripened). 

 

“Because I don’t want to get a nosebleed.” Seulgi’s mouth automatically replies.

 

There’s an awkward pause.

 

Did you seriously just… Seulgi mentally chides herself before Irene bursts out laughing -  and it’s like the melody of youthful times and blissful feelings that warms her heart, and Seulgi can't help but break out into a smile as well.

 

“Oh Ddelgui, you’ve been watching too many cartoons! Just open your eyes, or I’m going to think that you don’t like my dress!” Seulgi can hear the pout on Irene’s face and she just wants to kiss it away, but that would mean opening her eyes and she does not want to suffer a second breakdown in a five minute span. 

 

“Nooooo, it’s just that I don’t want to get a nosebleed, honest! I’ve already seen you for a half minute, and that’s enough to etch your etheral beauty into the tissue of my brain.” Seulgi whines.

 

Another pause.

 

“Fine, I’ve changed back to my normal robes, open your eyes then.” 

 

And Seulgi, our lovable but oh so very blur and gullible protagonist forgets lesson number 1: Irene Bae is the most notorious tease in existence - and opens her eyes.

 

Her jaw drops. Again. 

 

She sees Irene, in all her magnificent beauty and still very much in that illegally hot dress.

 

She stares. And stares. And stares. 

 

And feels blood running down her nose… Wait what?

 

“Oh my God Seul your nose is actually bleeding-” Irene rushes her to the nearest washroom and helps her rinse the blood out. It isn’t that bad, to be honest, as Irene is fussing over every little detail and Seulgi just basks in the attention of having the most gorgeous lady in the entire world taking care of you.

 

“I’m so sorry, Seulgi, I didn’t know that I would actually give you a nosebleed, I thought that only happened in shows!” Irene says apologetically, who looked so downcast she looked like a kicked puppy and God I have to protect this. It’s so different from the Irene that had just tried to kill her through seduction it’s almost laughable, Seulgi thinks, and she replies,” It’s okay, dying by nosebleed because of Irene’s endless beauty seems to be in my top 3 ways to go.” with a cheesy grin plastered on her face.

 

Irene hits her, face flushed. Seulgi smiles inwardly. Embarrassed Irene wasn’t a bad way to go either.

 

#

 

They were now huddled over a Quidditch book - it was the middle of the Quidditch season and tensions were on the rise between houses. It did mean that Gryffindor and Slytherin were at odds - but it wasn’t anything that would affect what Seulgi and Irene had. Yet.

 

“BOOM!” The first sound of thunder races across the night sky. Seulgi stares out of the window and promptly feels a warm, cuddly ball of fluff smack into her, pushing her to the ground. What the heck?

 

She looks up and sees Irene snuggled deep into her robes and hugging her as if her life depended on it. “Irene?”

 

Irene shakes her head, face still buried within Seulgi’s robes, and Seulgi understands immediately. Irene was scared. She didn’t know why, but she did know she would be there to protect her - tonight and every night after. And so she wraps her arms protectively around Irene’s smaller frame, magicking some pillows and blankets to surround them, and whispers comfortingly in Irene’s ears, “It’s okay. You can hold onto me, always.”

 

Irene feels her face heat up at this but doesn’t fight it - instead, she snuggles peacefully into Seulgi’s embrace, and the two drift off into slumberland.