The Pretty Wicked Lady

Veritaserum

Seulgi smiles. It's finally, officially, her first day at Hogwarts. "Wan-ah, aren't you excited? We'll be meeting new wizards and witches! I even heard that Harry Potter will be doing the back to school speech this year! Isn't that great?"

 

Wendy looks at her like she's lost her mind. "Seulgi, it's 12. In the morning. As in 0000. As in shut up and go back to sleep." Wendy says.

 

"But aren't you excited?" (Sorry, 11 year old Seulgi could be a handful at times. That didn’t make her any less adorable, though.)

 

"Screw off." Wendy groaned and rolled back to sleep.

 

Seulgi smiles. Nothing's going to ruin today, it's going to be the best day of her life. (Even better than when she saw, and fell, head over heels for that pretty witch in satin robes when they visited Diagon Alley to buy their school stuff. Today’s definitely going to be better than that).

 


 

She's wrong. She looks up at the face of said pretty girl in satin robes, only this time, she doesn't look as pretty, and she's glaring at Seulgi after pushing her and causing her to fall.

 

"Seulgi! Are you alright?" Wendy asks, worry panned across on her face.

 

"Is that your friend? Take her half-asleep back to the carriage." Pretty evil lady said. Her goons snickered behind her.

 

"Sorry, she's rather out of it today, she barely slept last night as she was too excited for today." Wendy, ever the lovely angel, explained in apology.

 

"Excited? For this? Wow, I think they recently opened a new house for people like you - Hufflepuff the Idiot house." Pretty evil lady said.

 

Her goons laughed behind her. And with a whirl of her satin robes, evil lady was gone.

 


 

"I wish I went to Gryffindor! It's where all the cool people go." Seulgi whispered excitedly to Wendy, memories of the untasteful previous encounter forgotten. They had alighted from the Hogwarts Express, and were making their way to Hogwarts (How exciting!) on these carriages drove by an invisible force.

 

"You'll be the first lame one there, then." A voice as smooth as honey rang out. Seulgi sighed. Just when she thought she had forgotten about it. And they were sharing the same carriage too. Just her luck.

 

"I'll go to Slytherin. I wanted to go to Gryffindor, until I realized somebody wanted to go in." Evil lady said. Her goons snickered behind her. "Nobody asked you, ." Little Sluggie stuck out her tongue, determined not to lose to this evil but oh so pretty little lady.

 

"I asked myself." Evil lady said proudly, nose turned up, eyes looking down.

 

"You can't do that!" 11 year old Seulgi retorted, shocked. How can you ask yourself something if you already knew the answer? Poor Sluggie's brain failed to comprehend the complexity of what had just happened, and she was in pure denial.

 

"Yes I can."

 

"No you can't."

 

"Yes I ca-" Evil lady was cut off by Wendy, who exasperatedly said, "Enough you two." And when Wendy got angry, everyone listened. Even evil lady. They both bowed their heads and the rest of the ride passed in awkward silence. Or at least Seulgi hoped it would, for it hadn't been more than a minute before evil lady bumped into her for no apparent reason.

 

"Oops, I slipped." Evil lady deadpanned, mischief glinting in her eyes, suggesting rather obviously that no, she had not slipped at all.

 

Seulgi frowned. She wasn't going to be bullied on her first day of school, and definitely not on the best day of her life so far. She smiled, a of inspiration hitting her. She had an idea.

 

Seulgi pretended that she had forgotten about what just happened, and opted to look out the carriage into the vast darkness. She could sense evil lady plotting her next attack already. She smiled. Perfect.

 

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw evil lady 'slipping' again. This time, Seulgi was ready. She darted over to the other side of the carriage, leaving evil lady falling face flat on the seat she once occupied.

 

"Oh no, are you alright?" Seulgi asked in mock falsetto, all pleased and happy that her ingenious plan had worked wonderfully.

 

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." Evil lady said, straightening up and arranging her satin robes. She looked far from okay, her pride obviously wounded. Seulgi smirked. It felt good to be on the winning end for once.

 

Meanwhile, Wendy, having witnessed and understood everything that just occurred, rolled her eyes. 11 year olds.

 


 

Seulgi learns evil lady's name is Joohyun. Or, as she requests everyone else to call her (and everybody does because she's so pretty and you would listen to anything she says but it's all hiding the evil within), Irene. Seulgi decides she doesn't like Irene one bit.

 

Irene went to Slytherin (she belongs there, Seulgi thinks bitterly), while her and, God bless, Wendy were sent together to Gryffindor, the house of the brave, the place of the strong, the - Irene bumped into her. Again.

 

"Oh I'm so sor-" Irene cut herself off, realizing she had only bumped Seulgi. "Watch where you're going, ." She says, all haughty and proud. Seulgi groans. "Screw off already."

 

And both turn their faces at the sight of each other and stalk off to their dormitories.

 


 

"I still can't believe we share like half of our classes with that witch. It's horrible." Seulgi scoffs. "Seulgi, she isn't as bad as you think. It's just you." Wendy tries to reason. "Oh yeah? What about that time she spilled her coffee all over my notes during breakfast? Or when she 'accidentally' knocked over my cauldron when I was almost done with my potion? Or when she transformed my pillow into a live rabbit that obviously was as mad as her and gave me these?" Seulgi aggressively shoves her open wounds in Wendy's face. "Madam Pomfrey said it would heal in hours, Seulgi. And she apologized afterwards anyway."

 

"Yeah, while smirking her off." Seulgi said.

 

Wendy, sensing it was time to change the topic, quickly piped up, "Besides, shouldn't you be happy? It's the first ever Quidditch match tonight, and you're our Seeker!"

 

"Yeah, I'm totally going to destroy Slytherin and wipe that smirk off Irene's face."

 

"You mean I'll wipe that smirk off your face." A husky low voice rang out. (How Irene managed to pull off a husky voice at eleven was beyond Seulgi's comprehension).

 

Seulgi groaned, throwing her hands out in mock surrender. "How do I see you everywhere I go?"

 

"Because I'm playing seeker for Slytherin. Which means I'll snatch that Snitch under your nose, poor little Sluggie."

 

"I'm not a Sluggie!" Seulgi protested.

 

"Tell that to me after you get the snitch, Sluggie." Irene mocked, and strode to the Slytherin locker room, leaving Seulgi open mouthed and shocked at the audacity of that pretty girl.

 

Seulgi rose up in the air. Normally, she would be enjoying the view, patiently looking for the snitch, or baiting the opponent into thinking she had seen it, but not this time. This time, Sluggie Seulgi was on a mission. She was going to grab that snitch, and nobody, not even Irene, was going to stop her.

 

She spun around on her broomstick, looking wildly at the field of players, searching, searching so desperately for that glimpse of gold, that flurry of wings. The crowd gasped. Irene had gone into a full pelt dive, her body flattened against the broomstick to get maximum velocity. Seulgi dove after her without a thought, determined to grasp the snitch in her fingers before Irene could. She searched furiously up ahead for the tell tale glimpse of gold, but found none as understanding quickly dawned on her and she only managed to pull out of her dive mere milliseconds before she collided into the ground.

 

Seulgi cursed. Irene had juked her into thinking she had seen the snitch. And Seulgi, poor old Sluggie, had fell for it hook, line and sinker. Why was Irene so good at this?

 

She could see Irene twirling in the air, probably ecstatic at having fooled Seulgi. And like a miracle, she also saw the glimpse of gold, fluttering near Irene's head, in a scenario all to reminiscent of Harry Potter's own one.

 

She flew right for Irene. She could see Irene's eyes comically widen in fear, and she attempted to move out of a thundering Seulgi. But Seulgi wasn't aiming for her, oh no, Seulgi was aiming for the win. And she did when she felt her fingers close around the Golden snitch, and Gryffindor erupted in a roar of delight.

 

(Her heart hurt just a bit when she saw Irene being scolded by her team captain, something about “having the Snitch right above her and not noticing”, but she was too caught up with the celebration of winning her first official Quidditch match for Gryffindor that she pretended to pay no heed and ignore the constant tuggings at her heartstrings.)