Final.

You've got a pizza my heart.

 

 

The phone on the bed in the bedroom kept ringing, it’d last for 15 minutes. The owner of the phone was enjoying his morning bath, paying zero attention to the nonstop ringing. To him, enjoying his soul-nourishing morning routine was what matters more; messages or phone calls could wait. He wasn’t a morning person back then, when he was still a teenager, he enjoyed every seconds he got in bed. Everything has changed when had to wake up early in the morning to work. Eventually, he created a soul-nourishing morning routine for himself, including morning run, hot bath after that and a pleasant breakfast he made himself. When other men in their mid-twenties like him were complaining about their ty job, he’s already a successful and most wanted bachelor in Korea. 

 

 

Kim Jongin, or he’s been called as Kai, is a fashion designer of his own brand KAI (read: K  A  I). His brand was loved by many people even celebrities such as Gigi Hadid (sorry I had to bcoz I love her). Jongin’s chic and stylish designs have caught the heart of many people including his model friend, Park Chanyeol. Speaking of Park Chanyeol, he was the one who disturbed Jongin’s peaceful morning with phone calls. The said designer just came out of his bathroom, looking fresh and clean with only towel around his waist. He frowned upon the amount of missed calls he received and sighed when he found out all of them were from Chanyeol. He returned the call and it’s answered within three rings. “Jongin!” Chanyeol’s loud voice boomed through the phone. “Morning Yeol, what’s up?” Jongin replied and walked to his closet, choosing his outfit of the day. “Have you seen Twitter yet?” Chanyeol asked excitedly, Jongin’s finger skimmed over the shirts in his closet. “No. Why?” He took out a black velvet long sleeved turtleneck and put it on, skimming through his pants next. “Gigi Hadid retweeted my tweet! Oh my lord…” Chanyeol kept rambling and Jongin took his time opening Twitter. Gigi Hadid retweeted Chanyeol’s tweet of ‘had a wonderful night’ following an attached of a photo of Chanyeol himself. “Wow, congrats bro! I think she retweeted because that’s my suit you’re wearing.” Jongin just had to tease Chanyeol because well, he just liked it. “Shut up, Jongin. I’m so happy right now!” Chanyeol continued his blabbering and Jongin had chosen a black leather pants along with a patterned jacket to complete his look. 

 

 

“Are you even listening to me?” Jongin could imagine Chanyeol’s face at that moment. “Yeah, I guess.” Jongin replied half-heartedly, making a big decision on which watch should he wore. “Whatever. Don’t forget to meet me at Myeongdong at 1pm later, bye.” Chanyeol hung up after a short reply from Jongin. The designer and the model then meet up at the café in Myeongdong, talking about the new collection Jongin will be releasing until it’s almost 3pm. 

 

 

KAI’s new collection was a success. However, the designer was not quite pleased. Sure, everyone seemed to like his new collection, even Gigi Hadid did, but there’s something that’s missing, a feeling that Jongin couldn’t even describe himself. Maybe it’s the loneliness. Maybe it’s the emptiness which he doesn’t have anyone to share his feelings to. 

 

 

“What are we supposed to eat for dinner?” 


Jongin’s best friend for years- Kyungsoo was currently in his house, rummaging through the designer’s fridge. “Feel like having pizza.” Came Jongin’s reply, and Kyungsoo turned to look at him with wide eyes, “What? You have a fridge full of food and you said you want to eat pizza?” Jongin huffed, walking to his kitchen and looked at Kyungsoo with the best puppy eyes he could mustered, “Let’s order pizza, hyung.” Kyungsoo could only sigh and nod his head, couldn’t help but smiled at his friend who looked too happy at the moment. “Hmm..what flavor should I order…” Jongin mumbled and walked away with Kyungsoo following behind him. 

 

Few minutes later, the doorbell rang and Jongin literally ran to the door from the kitchen (yes, his apartment is that big). “Hello! Your pizza is here!” The door opened to reveal a very tall guy with his cap messily placed on his head and few boxes in his hand. “Oh hello, come on in, you can place them on the table there. Give me a second, I’ll go grab my wallet real quick.” Jongin spoke with a tight voice and gestured the pizza guy to come in. He then quickly went to his room to take his wallet. Oh god… Jongin took a deep breath and walked out, feeling a little skittish without reason. “Oh! You’re back! This place is amazing, your living room is bigger than my house.” The pizza guy exclaimed, looking around excitedly. Jongin’s heart did a flip flop. If Kyungsoo had sensed anything he didn’t speak, just remained quiet on the couch. “Uh thanks.” Jongin chuckled nervously, his right hand that was holding his wallet tightened. The pizza guy grinned, eyes turned into beautiful crescents and Jongin almost dropped his wallet. The pizza guy then took out a paper and gave it to Jongin, “It’s 58,690 won.” Jongin nodded and handed the money to the pizza guy which the guy received with a big smile. He then took out few won to tip the guy. The smile that the pizza guy gave him afterwards made Jongin’s heart did weird things. The smile was so contagious that it could lighted up the whole world (maybe Jongin’s world too). 

 

The pizza guy left eventually and Jongin could finally breathe properly.  “He was totally your type.” Kyungsoo commented as soon as Jongin sat down on the couch. “W-What? I don’t have a type.” Jongin spluttered and stood up immediately, “I’ll go bring us soda.” Kyungsoo smirked then continued, “Guys with nice smile are your type.” He laughed when Jongin tripped on nothing. “I don’t have a type.” Jongin repeated when he came back, face straight. “Well, okay. I believe you.” Kyungsoo took a sip of the soda and nodded, clearly not believing his best friend. Jongin ignored Kyungsoo’s reply and returned his focus on the pizzas, they looked extremely mouthwatering. The topic of Jongin’s type was dropped after that.

 

 

 

 It’s been two weeks since Jongin met Chanyeol so he decided to have him over so that they could just Netflix and chill. Chanyeol was choosing what to watch when Jongin asked him if pizza’s okay and of course, he said yes. Chanyeol’s reply was actually ‘Of course! Who can resist the taste of heaven?’ (I agree, who says no to pizza tho) Jongin totally forgot about ‘his type’ until the same pizza guy appeared at his door again. “Hi, we meet again!” The pizza guy- Sehun (which Jongin learned with the name tag pinned on his uniform) said happily. “Hi, yeah…” Jongin greeted and trailed off after that. “May I come in?” Sehun asked, gesturing the pizza boxes in his hands. “Oh sure, please come in.” Jongin smiled and followed Sehun in. “It’s 70,320 won in total.” Sehun said after putting down the boxes. Jongin handed him the amount with tip and he grinned. “Thank you. I really like coming here, your apartment is really amazing.” Sehun spoke, fingers grazing the Casamilano sofa. “Thank you.” Jongin don’t know what else could he said so he thanked him and gave him a weak smile. “You’re cute.” Chanyeol commented abruptly and Jongin rolled his eyes at his friend’s flirty act. Sehun smiled sheepishly and thanked the model. All of a sudden, Jongin stepped closer towards Sehun and adjusted his crooked cap, making Sehun froze. Jongin had wanted to do it the first time they met but he didn’t have the chance to do so. Sehun’s still froze on the same place and well, Chanyeol too. “You look better now.” Jongin spoke, a hint of smile showing and Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “T-Thanks.” Sehun gave a shy but pleased smile, cheeks turned pink suddenly like spring rose and Jongin thought the blooming color looked cute on his freckled skin. Two of them locked gazes for a second and Jongin turned away immediately. “I-I...Thank you, I s-should go.” Sehun said and bowed before walking out as fast as he could. 

 

 

Chanyeol laughed as soon as the door’s closed. “Jongin, if that’s how you flirt, then I think you just scared him away.” “Did I?” Jongin replied, looking a little confused. “Nah, I was just messing with you. He seems like your type.” Chanyeol commented and Jongin choked. “Why did everybody thinks the same? I don’t have a type.”  Jongin retorted and sat down on the floor. “Sehun is completely your type, don’t try to deny.” Chanyeol added and sat down as well, opening the pizza boxes and grabbed a large piece. Jongin ignored the taller and took a piece for himself as well, both of them ate in silence, as if they’re deep in thoughts. Maybe they were.

 

 

Sehun stood outside of Jongin’s house for a while, right hand placing on his racing heart and mind blank. What just happened? He asked himself. Why is my heart racing so fast? He asked again and touched his face. Why is my face so warm? 

 

Sehun stared at his room’s ceiling and sighed. Why am I thinking about a man I just met, let alone we just met twice? I’m hopeless. He then pulled his blanket to cover his face. 

 

Many said sleep is a way to cure problems, but in Jongin and Sehun’s case, it’s not. The designer had been very busy lately thus he had no time to think about a certain pizza boy. No, he definitely didn’t think about a certain pizza boy. Even though he just met the pizza boy twice, he knew that he’s attracted to the boy for the first time. There was something in Sehun that Jongin found special, perhaps it’s his pureness and his genuine personality. 

 

 

 

It was already two weeks ago since Jongin’s busy. He was beyond happy that he could finally have some rests and that’s why he’s talking to Kyungsoo, planning to have their usual Netflix and chill session. Kyungsoo came at 7pm sharp when Jongin was reading in his room. They both settled on the sofa and was discussing about what to have for dinner. It was in the midst of their discussion when Jongin’s doorbell rang. “Sup dude!” Chanyeol stood there with his usual all-teeth smile, inviting himself in before Jongin could say anything. “Oh hi Soo!” The model greeted enthusiastically and plopped himself down beside him, making Jongin rolled his eyes in disdain. “We were discussing about what to eat. Have you eaten?” Kyungsoo spoke and turned to ask Chanyeol. “Nope, I haven’t.” The taller replied and Kyungsoo merely hummed. “What about pizza?” Jongin suggested and both of his friends turned to look at him with a weird expression on their faces. “You are being too obvious.” The two of them said in unison and chuckled together after that. “So you know about Jongin’s crush on that pizza guy?” Kyungsoo inquired and Chanyeol nodded, “I see you know too.” Jongin on the other side blushed a little but he tried to appear nonchalant when he spoke. “What crush? I never said I have a crush on someone.” Kyungsoo scoffed, and Chanyeol stood up to stand beside the designer, placing his arm on the other’s shoulder. “My dear Jongin, although you didn’t said it out loud but me and Soo could feel it. Don’t be shy, just admit it.” The model grinned and Jongin swatted his arm away. “No, I don’t. I just feel like eating pizza.” He knew he’s making excuses but he just didn’t want to admit it out loud, at least not to Chanyeol. He’s annoying sometimes (maybe every time). “If you say so.” Chanyeol smiled slyly, clearly planning something but Jongin was too lazy to care. “Let’s order pizza then.” Kyungsoo stated and then Jongin gave him a satisfied smile. 

 

They were choosing whether to watch Stranger Things 2 or Black Mirror when the doorbell rang. Jongin was the one who shot up to open the door. “Hello, mister. Here’s your pizza.” The stranger in front of him was not whom he expected, it’s not Sehun. Jongin stood and stared blankly at the man in front of him, he had brown hair instead of black hair and he wore his cap neatly, unlike someone else. Jongin suddenly dislike how people normally wore their cap, Sehun wore it casually but better. Jongin only nod when the guy told him the total amount and he didn’t even let him in. He closed the door as soon as the guy left and both his friends shot him a weird look. “What happened?” Chanyeol asked, taking the pizza boxes from Jongin. “It’s not Sehun…” He sat down and sighed disappointedly. “Maybe he’s off today?” Kyungsoo replied and handed him a piece of pizza. “Yeah, maybe.” Jongin couldn’t deny he felt disappointed, sad even.  

 

 

 

Friday night was supposed to be relaxed but Jongin was anything other than relaxed now. He was stuck in the traffic and he’s tired and hungry and tired, mostly tired. He just wanted the traffic to be smooth for once because he’s extremely tired now. It was less than 15 minutes before he reached home, he was thinking about what to have for dinner when he spotted a familiar neon sign. After decided pizza solved most problems, he parked his car and got down. Jongin ordered a large pizza for himself, thinking about whether to ask the workers if Sehun’s there. Well, forget it, it’s not like I really know him or something… When his name was called, he thanked the worker and left. Sehun’s bright (and cute) smile flashed through his mind shortly. He mentally slapped himself for unable to control his legs which brought him back towards the counter. “Excuse me, sir. Do you know a Sehun here?” The guy nodded and smiled politely, “Yes, but he’s not working here anymore.” The information had caught Jongin off guard but he thanked the cashier with a forced smile and left. 

 

“You should’ve done something back then.” Kyungsoo said through the phone a matter-of-factly. “I know.” Jongin sighed, running his hand through his already messy hair. The designer was lying on his bed, preparing to sleep but he needed to talk to someone so he ended up calling Kyungsoo. “Do you know any other way to find him?” Kyungsoo asked and Jongin sighed again, “No, I don’t.” “Well, I can’t help you then.” The other replied and sighed. “It’s okay hyung, I just felt disappointed and all. I’m going to sleep now, goodnight hyung.” “Goodnight Jongin.” 

 

 

 

The designer was on his way back after work a few days later when Kyungsoo called. “Hey hyung.” Jongin greeted. “I’ve found out where’s Sehun working now.” Came the reply and Jongin gasped. “H-How?” The designer only managed to utter a word, too shocked to say anything. “I have my ways.” The older chuckled and Jongin resisted rolling his eyes. “Do you really want to know?” Kyungsoo teased and Jongin grumbled. “I was shocked you know? When I found out where does he work now.” Kyungsoo spoke and Jongin was prepared to listen to what Kyungsoo’s going to say. “Sehun is now working in KAI as a sales associate.” Jongin was quiet for a few minutes and Kyungsoo knew the other was too stunned to say anything so he waited patiently for his friend to recover from his shock. “A-Are you sure hyung?” Jongin asked in a shaky voice, tightening his hold on his steering wheel. “Yes, I am. I heard that he’s doing well too.” The older answered, and Jongin felt better, a small smile creeping up his face. “You can go visit him someday.”  Kyungsoo said again. “When I’m prepared, I will.” Jongin responded and hung up after he thanked his friend. 

 

 

Of all the places Jogin thought Sehun will be working at, he didn’t expect it to be KAI. He wondered if the other decided to work there after he met him or there’s another reason behind it. He wanted to know. 

 

 

Sehun was arranging the clothes in the store when his co-worker called him. “Sehun, there’s someone who wants to meet you outside.” His co-worker said cheerfully and Sehun found him weird. Well, Baekhyun’s always weird. “Who?” He asked curiously, he’d never had friends over before. “Go and you’ll know.” Baekhyun winked and giggled to himself. “There’s only one way to know then.” Sehun mumbled and walked out. 

 

“Hello.” Jongin greeted with a smile, looking like a prince with his hair gelled up today. Sehun was beyond shocked when he saw Jongin, frozen on the spot and mouth gaping like a fish. “Let me introduce myself, I’m Kim Jongin, the designer and the founder of KAI.” Jongin took a step closer with his hand outstretch, a small smile forming when he saw Sehun’s awfully shocked face. “I-I’m Sehun, the store sales associate, nice to meet you.” Sehun shook his hand and smiled, his usual contagious smile finally appeared. “I guess you knew me already, don’t you?” Jongin asked and Sehun nodded. “Ah yes, of course I know you, I can’t work here if I don’t know you.” Jongin chuckled and added, “No, I meant back then, back then when you’re still delivering pizza.” Sehun bit his lower lip and nodded hesitantly, and Jongin smiled. “Is this why you decided to work here? After seeing me?” Jongin asked. He’s not trying to flattered himself but just curious. “I…kinda actually always wanted to work here…” Sehun said honestly, a shy smiled appeared on his pretty face. “I’ve always like your designs. It’s the style I like.” Sehun admitted shyly, ears turned pink. “That’s interesting.” Jongin said, a hint of amusement on his face. Sehun smiled again, eyes turned crescent. “There’s one more question I’ll like to ask you, Sehun.” Jongin stated and took a step nearer. Sehun stared, the way Jongin said his name had his heart racing. “Do you still like my sofa?” The designer asked, looking way too serious for a question like that. “Uh…yes?” Sehun answered, not quite sure what’s going on. “Then, would you like to come over and have some pizza?”  

 

“Sure!” Sure. Sure. Sure. 

 

The smile Sehun showed was the glowing sunrise that greeted Jongin every morning as he woke. And that, is the happiness he finally found. 

 

 

Jongin’s house, 3 weeks later…

 

“Do you know why I’m drawn to you?” Jongin asked, hand intertwined with Sehun’s. 


“Why?” 


“Because you’ve got a pizza my heart.” 


“You’re unbelievable.” 

 

 

-The End- 


New story yay!

Hope it doesn't disappoints. 

Don't forget to comment and upvote :)

<3