Cypher 5

Regarding Reincarnation As a Boy & Being Scouted In BTS

Cypher 5 — Misunderstanding 

“I’m being scouted? In that BTS?!”

Jaeyeol’s coarse voice was a result of the 1 hour argument with the disguised BTS rmembers chasing each other outside the BigHit Entertainment. After Namjoon talked to him along with a few staffs, Bang PD-nim and his noona, he calmed down and was guided inside the building. While he followed them, his default expressionless face saved him from his hidden outbursts.

( so handsome! They’re so handsome personally... I even shook hands with the leader RM! I’m... I’m talking with Suga!!! The rappers... the vocals... these people... I’M ING TALKING WITH THEM!!!)

“...yeol-ssi! Jaeyeol-ssi! Did you understand it?” Bringing Jaeyeol back to reality was the voice of the PD-nim.

“A-Ah... Ye...s. I’m s—“

“Yes!”

BTS shouted in success. Jaeyeol was stupefied as he wondered why they were all hyped up.

(Why are they all sonfestive here? Aren’t I being scouted yet they talk to me as if I’m already part of their group. Ah, this must be part of their variety show.)

The next thing he knew, his sister teary eyed told him that she was proud of him and that she will tell their mother about his accomplishments.

(Noona and Mom... they might have forgotten that I still have to do auditions with other people who were scouted.)

While Jaeyeol was misunderstanding everything, he found himself inside a van along with the BTS members. Without saying, Jaeyeol knew he was missing something important and that everyone is misunderstanding him. Seated inside, he was shoulder to shoulder with Jungkook and Taehyung, and Jimin.

“I’m excited to work with you. I’m Jungkook, this is TaeTae, and that’s Jiminie, the shortest of us all!” Jungkook’s introduction sent the two who is sitting on the left side with negative feedback.

“Yah, Jungkook-ah! It’ supposed to be Taehyung-hyung. Give hyung a bit of dignity.” Taehyung rebuked the latter.

While Jimin was shouting, “I’m just a few cm shorter than Hoseok-hyung!”

“I’m Ku Jaeyeol.” Jaeyeol responded.

His curt self-introduction gave the maknae some ideas which Jaeyeol regretted not to give a rather ‘precise’ introduction. The ride was short, despite without knowing where they were going, Jaeyeol was dragged by BTS to a luxurious place which he later learned to be their new dorm. Jaeyeol was once again surprised by the largeness of the place but the ones who felt more festive was none other than the BTS members themselves. As if their past experiences of living and sharing in one cramped room and sleeping in uncomfortable bunked beds was just yesterday, BTS was festive and started to shout in happiness. Which goes the next question, who will room with who? The advantages of being a 7 member group before was also shown in this kind of setup where in a 4 roomer apartment, one has the fortune of having his own room. However, this was defected by the addition of their new member: Ku Jaeyeol. When they entered their room, the bags and boxes where the personal things that the members packed were on the floor sitting still as they haven’t chosen their rooms yet. The apartment has the necessary furnitures and facilities to be used by the boys for their daily lives. When they opened the rooms, they all got festive mood as they got a lot more bigger room than before and what’s more, they don’t have to pack inside the room like evacuees or like squatters.

While everyone gets drowned in their own happiness, Taehyung saw something on the floor and picked it up with big grin on his face.

“Oh, what’s this letter?” Taehyung who was looking around first found a letter.

The letter was planned to be found by Jaeyeol as the staffs who are also present inside putting some furnitures at the living room at the moment dropped it right next to Jaeyeol but the poor boy was too busy fanboying and didn’t see the letter on the ground. Taehyung who was amicably conversing with the latter saw the letter when he tripped on his feet. With everyone’s attention to the letter, Taehyung read it loudly.

‘With your new member, BTS now starts anew and will make a difference that will shake not just South Korea but the whole world. To make this happen, coordination is important. For coordination to happen, understanding is important. For understanding to happen, interpretation is important. To sum it up, the quest is to show the coordination of the group. Don’t forget about giving your new member his biseinen stereotype.’

Everyone was silent after reading the letter. These can only be written by Bang PD-nim, the same person that is the sole reason for a the chaos to happen on BTS. Jin explained the biseinen stereotypes to Jaeyeol who had his mouth opened at what is being explained to him. When everyone somehow straightened themselves, Hoseok was the first to break the silence.

“What should we do now?

“Let’s have a Q&A about Jaeyeol-ah. As the newest member and the maknae of the group.” When Namjoon suggested that, the rest nodded in agreement albeit Jungkook was (jung)shocked.

“Maknae? What do you mean about that? I’m here, hyung.” Jungkook pointed to himself but Yoongi told him off.

“Not anymore. I heard that Jaeyeol-ah is younger than Jungkookie.”

“Really?!” Jungkook who heard about this turned to Jaeyeol as if inquiring about it. “You’re younger than me?”

“Yes hyung. I’m... 15 years old...”

“That’s pretty much the same age as Kookie when he entered BigHit.” Seokjin stated, “I’m 12 years older than you.” He proudly stated. “Is this your first time being scouted?”

“Yah. Don’t start asking questions now. Let’s take turns so each one of us can ask questions. Let’s say, we seven ask him a question then after that Jaeyeol-ah will have his turn to ask us questions.”

The seven choose their ranking by rock paper and scissors which resulted to this order. It will start from Jungkook, next Hoseok, Taehyung, Yoongi, Seokjin, Jimin and Namjoon. They listed questions and moved to the living room. The place was once again arranged to make it look like an interview and audition room. Jaeyeol who was left standing the middle of room with seven boys across him sitting in chairs with a white table had an eye contact which left them laughing for a few minutes. The maknaes tried to make a serious face but failed at the end. And so, after a few cuts, they all started the Q&A.

 


 

Jungkook was the first to ask and his questions focuses on a little bit personal questions. Although his questions were toned down a bit by his hyungs, some questions are not suitable for the such kind of interviews.

Question:
“How much do you know about Jeon Jungkook?”

Answer:
“I know all about Jungkook-hyung in... I guess as a fan’s level of knowledge. My classmates talks a lot about BTS in our class.”

The answer made Jungkook nod in joy. Knowing the ARMY, everything he and his hyungs words are easily understood and remembered by ARMYs be they domestic fans or international fans. The rest was abashed after hearing Jungkook’s question, like the boy wasn’t so embarrassed asking about himself.

“LOL, why did you ask that? Ah, really this kid... Oh right, I’m next. Here’s my question.”

Question:
Can you dance? Dance Blood Sweets and Tears.

“Wahh! Hoseok-hyung, that’s too much!”

“Hoseok-ah is on fire! But hey, that’s not a question.”

Taehyung and Yoongi shouted, the top fanboys of Hoseok. As these two knows, Hoseok isn’t happy with the addition of a member so he might be trying to make the boy (Jaeyeol) dance as a test. In contrast to their expectation that Jaeyeol would feel pressure, he was actually fine with it.

Readying himself, Jaeyeol was given a few minutes to prepare but he told them he can start any moment. This was not pure out of cockiness but because of his hidden talent or should he call it the ‘abnormalities’ he acquired after reincarnating? While the song has yet to start, Jaeyeol prayed to no one but he made a final decision. Whatever he makes from now on, he will be sure it’s done relentlessly. That’s why he said he’s ready to dance, something he has practiced for a hundred times. When the song started, every parts of his body moved according to the memorised moves he saw in the video. His hands, his torso, his feet, the rhythm—like a recorder being played, Jaeyeol moved perfectly. When the song ended, BTS showered him praises but they all made him a bit bad.

(I feel like a cheater in a test. These hyungs learned the steps of this dance painstakingly yet I...)

Although there was guilt inside him, Jaeyeol felt happy to be praised especially that the BTS members personally gave him thumbs up. With some words coming from Hoseok, Jaeyeol learned that he was being pressured by making him dance on of the difficult dance of BTS. Although he feel that there is no bad intention beyond this.

“Ah... I feel awkward that Jaeyeol-ah is better than me in dancing.” Seokjin joked then added, “Dancing isn’t a problem for a man as handsome as I!”

“Ahh!!! Seokjin-hyung, that’s my line!” Embarrassed, Jimin rebuked and turned red like a tomato in his seat.

The Q&A continued afterwards with Taehyung as the next person to ask.

Question:
“This question from what I saw on the internet one time when I was surfing. It goes like this: Who is your bias in BTS?”

Answer:
“...Jin-hyung and Suga-hyung.”

There was a short pause before Jaeyeol’s answer and then everyone shouted. Everyone looked at the two mentioned. Seokjin started throwing kisses while Yoongi, hearing his name sat with a large grin. His position was like the one he had in Run BTS introduction song. Hearing their names, they started throwing praises on Jaeyeol who in turn was left abashed.

“Bias is like the person who you like or look up to, right? Ah, I feel honoured. It’s expected as the Worldwide Handsome.” Seokjin remarked then laughed loudly.

“Aigoo, because of what you said I’m changing my question.” Yoongi scratched the question on his paper and turned to Jaeyeol.

Question:
“What can you do, rap or sing?”

Answer:
“I can do both.”

“Heeh, really? Mic, someone give him a mic!”

A staff came up front and gave Jaeyeol a mic. He was still wide eyed when he took and having the mic on his hands, Jaeyeol regretted boasting of about his skills. In front of the seven boys, they can see how Jaeyeol was (jung)shock.

(Was he lying about what he said earlier?) — Hobi

(Ah, he’s screwed up. I guess he’s a bit of a cocky.) — Namjoon

(Aigoo, that question isn’t a went far. Should I stop this now?) — Seokjin

(He’s an all rounder! Is he going to snatch my role as the golden maknae too?!) — Jungkook

(Can he cook? Ah, these days we haven’t eaten home cooked meals at all due to heavy packed schedules.) — Jimin

(Oh boy, cat got his tongue.) — Yoongi

“What’s wrong?” Yoongi asked.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I was thinking what song I should sing. I haven’t thought I would sing right away.”

Jaeyeol was actually flexible with how things escalated quickly along with being scouted then comes being interviewed right away. If he was a normal fan, they would have collapsed from exhaustion, mental stress and the pressure. Thinking that Jaeyeol was trying to save his face, Namjoon whispered something on Yoongi’s ear and both had a sinister grin.

“Why don’t you sing Mic Drop? You said you can both do rap and sing.”

“Mic Drop. Deh, I’ll do my best...”

A bit hesitant, they all thought that Jaeyeol would embarrass himself. Never did they know that the boy has been a huge fan since he learned BTS. With some support of his mother who doted him on, he was able to get his personal collections of BTS CD albums. So did he learned each songs so much that thanks to his abnormal photographic memory, he had been able to memorise each lyrics of each songs on each BTS released album. It can’t be wrong to call Jaeyeol “The-Legendary-Fanboy.”

Yeah 누가 내 수저 더럽대
I don’t care 마이크 잡음 금수저 여럿 패
버럭해 잘 못 익은 것들 스테끼 여러 개
거듭해서 씹어줄게 스타의 저녁에
World Business 핵심
섭외 1순위 매진
많지 않지 이 class 가칠 만끽
좋은 향기에 악췬 반칙
Mic mic bungee
Mic mic bungee
Bright light 전진
망할 거 같았겠지만 I'm fine, sorry
미안해 Billboard
미안해 worldwide
아들이 넘 잘나가서 미안해 엄마
대신해줘 니가 못한 효도
우리 콘서트 절대 없어 포도
I do it, I do it 넌 맛없는 라따뚜이
혹 배가 아프다면 고소해 sue it
Did you see my bag?
Did you see my bag?
트로피들로 백이 가득해 (가득해, 가득해)
How you think 'bout that?
How you think 'bout that?
Hater들은 벌써 학을 떼 (학을 떼)
이미 황금빛 황금빛 나의 성공
I'm so firin' firin' 성화봉송
너는 황급히 황급히 도망 숑숑
How you dare, how you dare, how you dare
내 손에 트로피 아 너무 많아
너무 heavy 내 두 손이 모잘라
Mic Drop, Mic Drop
발 발 조심
너네 말 말 조심
Lodi dodi 아 너무 바빠
너무 busy 내 온몸이 모잘라
Mic Drop, Mic Drop
발 발 조심
너네 말 말 조심
이거 완전 네 글자 (글자)
사필귀정 ah (ah)
Once upon a time (time)
이솝우화 fly (fly)
니 현실을 봐라 쌔 쌤통
지금 죽어도 난 개행복
이번엔 어느 나라 가
비행기 몇 시간을 타
Yeah, I'm on the mountain
Yeah, I'm on the bay
무대에서 탈진, Mic Drop bam
Did you see my bag?
Did you see my bag?
트로피들로 백이 가득해 (가득해, 가득해)
How you think 'bout that?
How you think 'bout that?
Hater들은 벌써 학을 떼 (학을 떼)
이미 황금빛 황금빛 나의 성공
I'm so firin' firin' 성화봉송
너는 황급히 황급히 도망 숑숑
How you dare, how you dare, how you dare
내 손에 트로피 아 너무 많아
너무 heavy 내 두 손이 모잘라
Mic Drop
Mic Drop
발 발 조심
너네 말 말 조심
Lodi dodi 아 너무 바빠
너무 busy 내 온몸이 모잘라
Mic Drop
Mic Drop
발 발 조심
너네 말 말 조심
Haters gon' hate
Players gon' play
Live a life, man, yeah
Good luck
더 볼 일 없어 마지막 인사야
할 말도 없어 사과도 하지 마
더 볼 일 없어 마지막 인사야
할 말도 없어 사과도 하지 마
잘 봐 넌 그 꼴 나지
우린 탁 쏴 마치 콜라지
너의 각막 깜짝 놀라지
꽤 꽤 폼나지 포 포 폼나지 girl (yeah)

The lyrics flowed perfectly from mouth, as if he was rapping for 15 years, Jaeyeol did it without the awkwardness and anxiety like what he has shown to them earlier. Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok’s jaw was opened up from the start to end and so did the vocal lines, Seokjin, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook was dumbfounded at his performance. Is this what people call a eureka moment?!

After singing, Jaeyeol was given once again a thumbs up along with a bottle of water from Yoongi himself. The next questions thrown to Jaeyeol were done amicably so as to not waste their whole day asking.

Seokjin’s question:
“If you could choose, who would you like to room with?”

Answer:
“Anyone is fine with me but I worry about my roommate because I snore and I’m a heavy sleeper.”

“Ah... then please sleep with Kookie.” Seokjin said making Jungkook wail in disapproval.

Jimin’s question:
“What do you think is your charm?”

Answer:
“My eyes. Although some were scared of it, my mother always says it’s my unique feature.”

“Ahh~ So it’s not contact lens? You have heterochromia?” Namjoon leaned forward to look closer at Jaeyeol’s eyes. “This is not rare but it’s my first time seeing this. By the way my it’s my turn to ask right?”

RM’s question:
“What are your thoughts about being scouted in BTS?”

Answer:
“I’m pretty cynical as how things escalated to this way but I believe that there’s no such thing as coincidence and only inevitable. For me to be scouted and be given a chance to audition in BigHit Entertainment, is something I only dream of. I’ll do my best.”

When the rest of the boys finished their quest of asking, Jaeyeol now in the one sitting on the chair while the rest were standing. They all gulped as they wonder what the boy would ask. Will he make them do something embarrassing? Not in their expectations would they hear such a question from Jaeyeol.

“Umm... can hyungs sign my albums?”

“.......”

There was a heavy silence on the living room and the gulping of their saliva was even more louder than before. It was only when Hoseok broke the silence.

“That’s all?!”

“Y-Yes hyung. I wanted your signatures... please...”

Before they knew it, the 2nd quest was done. Jaeyeol who was misunderstanding everything from the start was later given a thorough explanations.

And so, a heavy training from his mentors (hyungs) started while a storm was brewing in South Korea as the newest member of BTS is scheduled to be revealed.


Happy Birthday Hobi~