He isn't playing

Evil Moon

 

 

Sighing, I wearily toss down my white canvas shoes before picking them with my two fingers, placing them in the rack near the doorway. The living room fell silent as usual and my feet straightly bring me to the kitchen. Due to losing my drink a while ago. I mean, because of that brat took it away from me. I have forced my throat to stay itchy and dry until I'd come back home. The first thing I have targeted it, is the tall refrigerator in the corner room as if calling me over with absolutely tempting. 

I grab it open and pull out one of the bottles, impatiently glupping down my throat. If my mom find out she might kill me right here, right now. It's not really in category ladylike at all. 

I inhale in relief and placed it back when I feel I've drank enough to kill my thirsty. Right after I close the refrigerator I heard a click sound of the door being opened and there, popping out my father. It seems like he is early today. 

But the sudden atmosphere changed in a quick time the moment he sees me, who are still standing rigid in the kitchen room. I feel my body has a doubt to even make a move. 

"You're early, dad" My voice sounds force in it.

He nods, and without saying anything he leaves and climb up the stairs. I sigh loudly and shut both of my eyes for a second. There's nothing new to expect from him. 

To go detail, I'm seriously not in a good team with my father. Our relationship is getting father away more and more when we are growing older. The reason is quite reasonable but kind of sorrowful at the same time. He used to have a bad temper before and had locked me up in a dark room for almost entire day when I was ten years old, to avoid himself to hit me. I was too scared which caused me unconscious and everything seemed different afterwards. I was no longer get attention from him. He doesn't want to hurt me anymore and trying to distance himself from me.

Since then, I lack of father's love. We will found ourselves awkward if we are sitting in a room together. He often goes out and leave me and my mom by ourselves. I don't know if he is torturing himself or he really doesn't know how to be a father any longer. The role seems vanished along in himself. It's giving me the biggest affect on myself. 

I never go travel with family

No surprised birthday from him

He doesn't even remember when is my birthday.

I bet he also doesn't know my age too.  

He really doesn't give a about his family. 

I never being called as 'Baby girl' like others. He didn't pat my head when I passed the exam where he never asked of it. I'm honestly upset. He doesn't be there to support me. He let me by myself and only my mom knows how to comfort me. She is the one who are trying to be the best for me. I feel like I have no father. I feel like I have been raised by a single mother instead.

Remembering that, has brought me into tears sometimes. I'm also disappointed to how difficult I am to interact with him, mostly he never tried at all.

I blink my eyes for several times to prevent any tears from falling and stroll straight to the stairs shortly after. The moment I arrived my own bedroom, I get myself deeper into the blanket and having an evening nap without changing my school uniform.

Then for a moment later, I feel my head heavy and dizzy, unable to think when I abruptly snap my eyes open. My room becomes barely dark and a dim light from the sun peeking through my slightly opened window. I grab my phone and see the actual time. 

6.35 PM

And a sigh left my mouth. I should not taking a long nap or else I might not be able to sleep tonight.

I throw the blanket away from my body and placing my feet down on the lovely shape of black and red carpet beneath me, before walking straight to the bathroom. Need to fresh myself first. At the same time, I smell something delicious from the kitchen which telling me my mom is preparing our dinner for tonight.

...

After dinner, I goes straight to my room and have no intention to stay longer at the living room. Most of the time, I'd spend my time upstairs, especially when my father is staying home.

Dinner a minute ago didn't relieve me in a way I have expected it. I was not enjoying too. It was too quiet and nope of us utter things. I don't know how family dinner can look that terrible and awfully awkward. It's not as same as when I eat with my mom together. Exhaling, how long his presence is going to feel foreign to us. He is my father after all, and he has his wife either.

I feel hurt when it doesn't work as I wanted it. Like a real family. I make a sigh again and ready to finish my untouched homeworks.

But, I capture the shadow of the moonlight through the closed curtains and quickly my feet shuffles toward it before yanking the cover to the side, which revealing a square shape of glass windows. I push it open and the full moon greeted my eyesight. My heart slowly soften by it as a small smile forms on my mouth. 

I stare at it long and nope bunch of shiny stars distracted me at all, they as if sinking within the gleam moonlight.

Honestly, the glimpse of it totally heal my miserable heart. I can't deny it. I'd always found the comfort in that amazing nature and the moon is what I'm always looking at wherever my mind get messy. 

Secretly, he is a friend of mine. 

He listens to me. 

He witness my sadness over my fate.

I come back into sense when something like bright light flashing from down there. I shift my gaze at the silent road in front of my house and nothing harmful to be worried about. But I'm pretty sure there was a light and it's just a shorter moment before it's vanished away. 

Neon lights are everywhere but some places are quite dark, especially under the trees. My eyes fixed at it intently. It looks like something is budging there. I'm not sure, but the light was coming from there a minute ago. My eyes become tiny to get a better vision but all I see is darkness and bunch of the leaves hanging which I can't figure out just from up here. 

I give up and shake my head "That's probably my imagination" I mumble in order to soothe my insecure heart. I hit my head twice, my emotion is unstable somehow.

And I continue to observe the beautiful moon afterwards.

...

Following the next day, I go to the school like always and nothing much happened. Going to class and talking with my close classmates. Honestly, I just have friends here, but I rarely hang out in every weekend like others. I'm a bit anti-social and it's doesn't bother me much but sometimes I feel a bit of lonely by myself.

Jongup? I didn't see him since this morning. Of course I don't want to know about that bastard. He is the worst and people still think he is pure innocent. Tsk, I pity them. 

The bell rings for a lunch time, me and Nuri dash out from the classroom, following with Yohee along. The ocean of students filled up the canteen room in a second and three of us immediately walk up to the food section before joining others to line up, which is Nuri and Yohee in front of me. 

I wander my gaze around and hearing Nuri is mumbling by herself "What to eat? What to eat?"

Seem like I have been listening them frequently which It's doesn't make me care any longer. She somehow doesn't look like in her real age. She looks more childish and adorably cute and a cool girl, I may add.

I shift forward a bit, when some students done taking their meal in front, and I feel a push behind me afterwards. First, I thought the person might didn't mean to but it happened for like third times, So I begin to take it seriously. Obviously the person did it on purpose. I blow up my bangs and eventually face the person behind me. 

Out of luck, I seal my lips tight after the people emerged right in my face. Where the same person that I hate to confront with. 

"What" He quietly mouths me,  and I look at him in completely disbelief before focusing back when my turn of taking the food comes, trying not to be close with him at the same time.

I desperately put everything that I want in my tray in a quick speed, but then I feel his body squeeze against mine from my side. 

"Let's play game" Jongup dangerously mutter on my ears.

I almost drop the ladle down by his husky whispering as I clutch hard on it. I reply nothing instead taking the food for the last one. He is waiting there and I look around me briefly and seems like everyone don't have any idea what is happening here. Damn it, can't they see Jongup is being to me. 

I dare myself to glance at him and guess what? He is showing me his angel smile and I almost soft at the sight. I quickly bite my inner lip and my two friends had done with taking their food to themselves and ready to walk off, while I'm still in debating myself with his real motive on me. 

"leave me alone" That's what I'm be able to say.

"Hm, you're sweet, but I'm not leaving you darling" He murmurs with the same tone and taking the ladle in my hand before letting me by myself.

"Are you done yet?" abruptly, another student taps me on the shoulder, a bit pissed off. 

I snap out from my thought and quickly look at the big size guy who are narrowing his eyes on me. 

"Ah I'm sorry" I mannerly apologize and move away before walking toward my friend, while worrying about the fact he won't leave me and the thing he is planning on his mind. 

Once we are done having our lunch, we straightly go to the classroom and everything back to normal. What normal I'm talking about is I shrug off my worries and trying to be positive as possible as I can. He might just trying to make my blood run cold again. Honestly, I don't like his presence around me. He doesn't seem being near me for nothing and I'm pretty sure he is exactly always keep his eyes on me but the amazing part is he knows how to not look obvious in front of me. 

I slowly slam my down my seat and place my head on the table, facing the window. The blue sky painted beautifully and the weather looks calming and nice. I close my eyes and listening Nuri and Yohee are chatting together, about girl stuffs that I'm not interested about. 

"Chae Eunri!"

I'm not budging.

"Yah Chae Eunri" A rough voice is calling me. 

My shoulder has been shaken by someone and I turn to Nuri slightly, confused.

"Yah,  Minhyuk called for you" She says and her chin toward one of our male students that standing by the front door. He is staring at me and folding both of his hands over his chest. 

"What?" I half-hearted shout, straighten my body and give him full attention with a wrinkle eyebrows. It's rare to see him talking with me. I'm not friendly much with any male students.

"Your boyfriend is here, and he wants to meet you now"

A frown grows deep on my forehead and I'm trying to figure out if he has mistaken me because I don't have a boyfriend and never have any since I was born. 

Then I got my answer when he appears and steps in. The moment his gaze lands on me, his hand promptly waves to me sweetly "Hey"

My eyes enlarge big and almost all people here gasp for air at this unexpected news. No one predicted.

Now I know what is his game and he is not lying about it. I swear, I'm about to cry. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Is this story starting to be boring ? :(

I knew it