A painful truth

Evil Moon

 

The room fell into a jumble voice by my classmates once class was dismissed. Could not think less, my head is resting on the table above my folds arms, where my brain abruptly feels exhausted. Oddly not my body itself. Accurately, I have not been in the mood since this morning. 

My two friends, chatting themselves without disturbing me on the other side. I'm the one who was asking them some spaces for myself and they let me with my excuse I'm tired. It seems like I gained their compassion. The thing I'm avoiding them is because I know what they are going to gossip about. Who it is and what it it. It will become unnecessary for me to join them any longer. It's completely turned 180 degree.

The same person, the same compliment. All about him are not fun anymore. I surrender myself to out from it already, yet I didn't dare to say to my friends. No one knows. Nobody figured out.

He had shut me up. He surprisingly did that, in front of my face. He owns me completely, he knows he had me in his hand. Overall he is a devil. Indeed he is, which hidding behind his angel mask all the time.

"I saw Jongup senior this morning. He's looking so cool like always. I like this smile on him.. Somehow he looks like a shy person" My seatmate, Nuri blurts out. She is the one never missed to bring up about the boy in our conversation. Like almost everydays. No complains though, I lowkey fine with it before, but now I don't find any interests anymore. In fact, I have an argue to make them quit talking about him already.

I suspect Nuri has a crush on him, but I think almost all female students in my grade has too. He is on the list where girls will pay attention on. According to them, he looks like boyfriend-material which every girls dream about. He is the type will take care of his girl and potentially protect her but unfortunately, not for me. 

"Here again, you're talking about him, Nuri. aren't you tired?" Yohee amusingly asks, she is not that type to care much about all the gorgeous boys in our school, but still she will never complain though. It's such an ease to be friend with her.

"I think he's the most good-humored boy I have met, don't you think?" Her voice turned cheerful and I can feel it even I didn't face them.

"Agree" Yohee just couldn't object more when she is sharing the same thought.

Disagree. I want to tell them so bad but I just dip hardly on arms and press my ear down, as if I don't want to listen it anymore. My stomach still flicks every time I remember about him, about Yesterday.

 ...

I shouldn't be at the school that time, I should have gone to my home already. I stayed up late evening in the library and searching books that I was looking for. It's not that new for me to come but I'm not often to be there either. I just come when I need it. 

The room was not too crowded, and all the seats are almost empty since it was nearly 5 pm. Once I found the suitable books, I took them before bringing to Librarian to borrow it for a week.

I went out, stuffing the books down my backpack before putting on my shoulders again. I walked blankly through the long walkway and at the moment I have thought only me was here, I saw a fine figure from his back. My eyes drifted to him straight as my feet suddenly working in such a slow pace. He looks familiar, though. 

Someone likes Moon Jongup. But the thought brushed off immediately when his appearance looked nothing like him at all. I still couldn't see clearly from here but he was watching something on his phone. The volume was quite high and I felt uncomfortable by it. It was like a muffle sound. When I was about to walk pass by behind a bench he was sitting, I was being shocked by the video he was enjoying now. The screen was clear in my sight.

A close up of boy and girl was hungrily kissing and touching each other, making out.

"OH MY GOD!" I accidentally yelled and gasp.

Due to my loud voices, he paused the video and turned over to look at me who was cupping both my palms over my mouth, realising my stupid mistake at the moment. 

My eyes turning wide even more when he was really the person I was considering about a minute ago. 

Moon Jongup

His gaze was cold which I never seen it before and my feet glued down against the floor beneath me, even my brain screamed me to run which I didn't. Slowly I dropped my hands down and looking at him in speechless.

How come?

He teared off his eyes from me before pushing up his body as standing by facing me fully. I blink, everything looking different from the toe to his head. His shirt was not longer inside the pants, his black hair messed up like he has been running a hand through it. His tie went missing. His white inner shirt was showing where he had that ed uniform outside.

My mind was empty out by his new existence in front of my face. Where was the person that people keeps addressing about? His innocent face, his looking-kind face, his friendly smile. Especially, his neat uniform with that blazer always on his body. It was gone entirely. I found it hard to believe.

"Aish, what a bad day" His voice snapped me from my thought, my gaze run to his face again after I have checked him out up and down for a minute. He cracked his neck a bit from one side to another side.

He took a first step toward me and I held up my hand quickly "Don't move you stupid bastard!"

I was catching my breath when I said that which knowing I have no longer calm like before. Honestly, I feel betrayed by him. He had caused me to be mad right now. He had fooled everyone. I was one of them to think he was different person. 

"Pardon?" He was taken aback by my words but his expression didn't really show he was shocked at all. 

"I said you're bastard, moron!" The thought of what I witnessed he was watching.. . I could feel how difficult I was to swallow my saliva down my throat.

He let out a jeer laugh at me "Woah, what's wrong with you, girl? You're mad for nothing"

"Stop pretending. You're disgusting me so much with your kind acting. Your back and front are difference. I'm not approving this time!" I told him with furious blunt. 

"Girl, I don't even know you-"

"But I know you, everyone does. And I believe you aware too of how they were talking about you!" I never felt as argue as I was to throw my tantrum over someone. He made me as the first guy.

Jongup laugh again with that mock face, but I didn't give him a chance when I spit out words. 

"Hypocrite guy!"

His smile wiped off from his face where I have been provoked his pride. 

"I'm going to tell people who you are actually" I turned and stomped in huff and dissapointed. I just took a few strides before I feel a sudden yank on my hand, pulling me back. He took me then slam my back into the thick, wide cement pillar building. A silent groan left my mouth in pain and when I back into focus, I found his tense face in front of mine. My eyes went enlarge.

"No you don't, girl. I don't know what's your problem but all I know, you just came at the wrong time. I won't let you off easily" His breath slapped on my panic face, sending a shiver down my spine. I held my breath as my gaze set on his dark eyes. 

"What-what do you mean?" 

There's no words to be said any longer when he proceed kissed my mouth where I didn't think about it. Instantly I push him away but it didn't work at all, he tightened his grasp on both of my shoulders, forcing his body on me. I hit him hard desperately wanting him to release me but god knows how strong he was, which I feel his muscles tight. 

When I stopped fighting back, he stopped and pulling his face away to watch me, breathless. "Not bad" He commented, mostly to himself.

Did he-did he just taste me? 

"You-"

"Now both of us are even, you kicked up my pride and I've destroyed your price. It would be an extra, if that was your first kiss, Girl" his corner lips curled upright a bit. 

My face flashed red because it was true. He took my first kiss and now my furious growns more strong in me. Jongup scoffed in joy when he reads my face as if I have given him the answer.

"Say the words out, you will know what I'm going to do with you"

I snap my eyes open when I feel a nudge on my arm. I turn over and saw Nuri with her index finger that pointing straight toward our math teacher in front. It seems like he just arrived and I straighten my body in a proper sit. My memory about yesterday starts to fade away like a soft wind.

Jongup won't bother me, right? Maybe as long as I keep my mouth shut and don't make such a fuss.

I take a breath and try to make my worry less. Maybe. 

That time when school bell last ringing, I stayed in the school for awhile in the bathroom and go out just to be found the hall way is empty. I stroll down and approach the school gate, nodding my head to the guard over there.

Once I'm outside of the school area, unexpectedly I meet him again. My stomach flicks in fear. He doesn't notice me yet when he walks up to the other side road quite far from here, it looks like he is making his way to an expensive green motorbike that sitting under the tree with that same appearance on him that I have seen yesterday, messy uniform and hair. 

I stay there longer and keeps on watching until he straddled his ride cooly. I thought he didn't see me when suddenly he turns over his shoulder and looks at me. I flinch and insecure for a second before I saw he is throwing me his sly smirk. He put his helmet over his head then start the engine before pulling out from under the tree. 

Leaving me here with unbelievable thought.