Floor 34

Elevator Girl

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"Ughhh!!! What's that awful noise?" Seulgi sleepily says as she turn around in her bed and swings her hand until she feels something solid, her clock. With a push the annoying beeping noise stops giving her a little peace until she opens her eyes and sees the time as it states with red glaring light as if telling and forging into her mind you're late AGAIN, it's 9:32. And thus begins her everyday routine: walking up late and eating burnt or not properly cooked food (which always leaves her buying from the cafe near her college.)

 

*Ding* 19th floor

"Ahhh, please don't close." Seulgi says quite loudly while half running, hoping that the elavator would listen to her and by some miracle it didn't close. So she walks in and immediately sets her designated floor and hears the the elavator ring signaling the closing of the doors.

Seulgi checks her things hoping that she didn't leave anything behind and was so busy rummaging in her bag that she didn't notice she wasn't the only one in the elavator. Until a yawn was heard did Seulgi flinch and turn her head to see a girl with big round glasses (which could pass her of as a nerd she thinks) with her raven hair tied up in a ponytail, and wearing a pink sweater. And then she noticed she never seen this girl before.

*Ding* 17th floor

Well you should know that Seulgi is one of the first people to ever live in the building and one of the longest staying resident. She knows already all the staff members and 3/4 of the people occupying the building. How does she know these people? Through befriending them with small chats in the elevator or in the lobby , with her friendly attitude it wasn't that hard really. But never, as in never, has she seen this girl.

And as a nice polite girl she is she says "Good Morning. It's a nice day today. Wouldn't you say so?"

Hoping small talk would do considering she didn't want a long one since she is already late for school. But as she starts to think that maybe the girl was either deaf or mute (she didn't answer her back for like a minute and 28 seconds, and yes Seulgi was counting the time) the unknown girl responds

"It's raining outside."

*Ding* 15th floor

Seulgi didn't even know it was EVEN raining guess she was to busy to actually look out the window or even hear the sound of water droplets falling; but even so she replies with a smile on her face 

"Just because it's raining doesn't mean it isn't a nice day"

"..."

Seulgi continues to look at the girl hoping to bring out more words.

*Ding* 12th floor

"You didn't bring an umbrella. You're going to get wet." The girl states as if it were a fact before she yawns again.

"Ahhh. That's ok I'll just borrow from the lobby. Thanks for worrying though."

"I'm not worried, just felt pity for the janitor who would have to mop the floor when you arrive back."

"Oh." Oh was the only word that she could think of because never had she met someone who wouldn't talk to her so easily and so short. People, whoever she talked to, would always give out long conversations whatever the topic may be. She was always told that she was a very easy going person and anyone could talk her. Heck, even strangers could easily approach her; it was both a good thing and bad thing really.

*Ding* 5th floor

"I never seen you before, are you new?" She says finally realizing she should  find more about this new person.

"Yeah.... I moved in 1 month ago." She said so quietly Seulgi barely heard it. The girl talked looking down and Seulgi couldn't see much of her facial expressions. Facial expressions to Seulgi is way to get to know someone better, to know how they're feeling and what not.

"Oh, weird, I would have been sure to have seen you considering I'm very well ummm... well knowledged of the people living here."

*Ding* 2nd floor

The new girl's eyes widened upon hearing her words and looked at her skeptically. And seeing her reaction Seulgi immediately replied.

"N-not that I'm a stalker or a weirdo of some sort it's just that I'm very good friends with the people here." Gosh dangit Seulgi now you made the girl think of you badly, so much for first and good impressions. 

*Ding* Ground floor

Seulgi stayed longer in the elavator hitting herself in her mind for being so stupid that she didn't even notice the elavator was already about to close till a hand stopped it from closing.

"Are you leaving or not?" The girl with the round glasses said and this was the first time Seulgi looked properly into her eyes. It was a light brown color that had its own unique look. And she states in  her mind never had she seen such beautiful eyes.

As Seulgi steps outside the elavator she felt something slip into her hands, an umbrella? It was purple and she looked up to see the girl looking away and mutters something like,

"I had an extra umbrella besides I don't think this place keeps a clean umbrella considering the post man holds it for others and lends it to others. You better not dirty it." And starts leaving through the doors with a yellow umbrella in her hand leaving the building.

Seulgi immediately went out as well to day thank you to the girl but went she was outside she couldn't find her. And she thinks to herself that was the longest elavator ride she ever had. And she noticed something else.

"I don't know her name."

 

 

Seulgi arrives 39 minutes late but hey don't blame her when it's raining outside and it's traffic. She started to think that maybe a rainy does mean a bad day. Seulgi goes to law school, why? She believes in justice and all that's right; she's in her 3rd year but she had to repeat a year due to her many absents, making her older than majority of her classmates. Luckily for her the professor was also late and which meant she had time to rest.

"What kind of law student comes in 40 mins late?" Son Seungwan states, or Wendy she is normally called.

"And what kind of professor comes in this late too. By the way it 39 mins late, I know my time. You owe for being able to come before being 40 mins late" she smirks at her best friend as her said bestfriend gives her money for winning a bet they had about the time she'd be late. Seulgi is a very late person, as in really late. Sleeps late and wakes up late. And reacts late.

"And stop telling my grandma that you're working she keeps asking me when does your shift end and questions relating to that." Wendy says annoyed.

"Not my fault. Studying law is already work for me." Seulgi replies before dozing off.

When the school day finally ends with rain pouring lightly down, Seulgi was thankful for the purple umbrella kept in the hold of her hand. Taking good care of it, since it wasn't hers, walks back to the building Velvet Suites. Sadly her school hours end at 6:45 which means she arrives back at 7:30 due ti traffic (A/N I dont actually know much about law nor their school hours but for plot reasons sorry in advance for my small knowledge)

She grins to herself as she enters, the janitor won't have to mop the floor. She then carries her feet to the elavator only to meet up with the same girl from this morning. They both enter the elavator with silence present around them.

"Ummm... thank you for the umbrella. Here." Giving back the purple umbrella to the girl.

"Mhm" the girl could only reply. Receiving the purple umbrella back.

"Ahh I never got your name."

"..."

"Ok don't tell me then... I know since were going to see each other alot how bout we play a game." She smiles as she thinks if a great idea to get to know the girl better.

​​​​​​"What makes you think we'll see each other alot?"

​​​​​​"Well may I ask what time you arrive back after your....work?" Seulgi says with a question since again she doesn't know much of the girl but she thinks that she's probably working. But with the reply she got she knew that her guess was correct.

"You're already asking aren't you? But I come back from work by 7:00 normally if theres no traffic, if there is then 7:30."

Thats oddly specific she didnt have to say with traffic or not. But that's ok because now she knows more about this girl.

​​​​​​"Yup and that's the reason why we'll meet more I arrive by the same time as you do." Trying her best to not make it sound creepy.

​​​​​​"Anyways my idea or game is that the first person to figure out the name of the other wins. Simple and easy, Seulgi has confidence she'll win considering she has connections with the lobby staff.

​​​​​"Ok"

'..........ok? She agreed that easily. With her, one would think she'd refuse. But hey I don't know her yet and im happy she agreed.' Seulgi thinks

​​​​​​"But you have to give me one clue and vice versa" she states.​​​​"

​​​​​​"How about the floor number? I'm floor number 18." Seulgi suggests.​​​​​ And you can see the fire in the girls eyes when she hears the floor number which Seulgi finds very intersting (and this would be the first time Seulgi will see her competitive side).

​​​​​​"Okay then" she says. As the elavator rings signaling Seulgi that its her time to leave. As the door closes she hears the girls voice loud and clear, with a smile on her face.

"I'm floor number 34."

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

Hi, sorry im a new author.

Good and bad comments are accepted here.

Anyways ill do my best to keep up with your expectations. 

And Joohyun here is the as Game Development Girls. If you guys havent watched it yet its a show which Irene joined, its nice u should watch :)

See u next chapter