Four

To Tear One’s Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fiddling with her fingers was an action she did awfully too much whenever she’s with Joonmyeon or Baekhyun, which is absolutely odd considering her type of personality. She never was a nervous wreck this much in her life. She treated everything smoothly, and nothing evoked such a big emotion from her to make her anxious. But these two boys brought the best of her.

Which would explain why she couldn’t move a step forward towards Joonmyeon’s personal library, because she wanted to borrow something to read to get herself distracted from the cloud of thoughts she had running around her head, but since Joonmyeon was inside at the moment (he really didn’t stray too far away from his library and his room. So he’s always inside), it was making her a nervous wreck. She raised her head up to glance at the dark, dark door of his library, which appeared to be gigantic compared to when she was just passing by, all because she intended to come in.

“Are you going in or what?”

The sound from behind her made her flinch and jump three footsteps in the air. Quickly, she twirled around to see Jongin behind her, smirking his all too attractive smirk and ruffling a hand through his mob of soft, brown hair. He was leaning against the wall opposite of her – the door of Joonmyeon’s actual room – and the way he was lazily eyeing her from under his lashes made her squirm. He always had to have these model-like poses that could make everyone self-conscious about themselves.

“Jongin,” She stressed his name in hope of regulating her steadfast heartbeats, discreetly scratching the area of her heart. “I..uh.. he doesn’t like anyone in.”

“Sure,” Jongin answered with mock sarcasm, his eyes rolling to the back of his head. He didn’t understand what the heck she was so nervous about. “But I’m positive he’d be ecstatic with you.”

What does that mean?

“What does that mean?” She blurted her thoughts out of her own mouth, her cheeks shifting in all sorts of color and hoping Jongin didn’t notice. She doesn’t really blush that much, as in her cheeks don’t turn absolutely red like those girls in dramas and fanfics. She just feels a slight burn in the back of her skin, and she’s sure no one could see the redness spreading in since it’s not entirely too vivid.

“Maybe you should go inside and figure it out by yourself.” He murmured softly, his eyes going slightly hazed and lazy, as if he were trying to stop himself from sleeping at the same time he was standing. She remembered Jongin was a college student, who despite having a heavily-packed schedule in both uni and being a pack-member, found the time to take some dance classes. He was always sleepy and tired if he wasn’t busy being a complete dickhead.

“Jongin.” She whined at his words, because he sure as hell wasn’t helping her poor heart ease at the situation at all. Jongin cracked a small smile at her whine, his eyes gaining some of their previous strength.

“Stop whining to me, sweetheart, it won’t work on me.”

“You’re an .” She deadpanned, her usual demeanor around Jongin coming back to her full force. Jongin was harboring a big smile now, and he seemed thoroughly overjoyed about the whole conversation they were having.

“I’m a hungry . I’m going to order some food, if you didn’t succeed with encouraging yourself enough to go inside, you’re free to join me.” He told her, his arms still crossed around his chest, and his pose still extremely attractive and annoying, but his eyes were undeniably different from his usual Jongin-eyes that were almost predatory. She gave him a look-over with her eyes, the stinging heat in the back of her cheeks returning, now for an absolutely different reason. Jongin’s eyes followed her own eyes, watching her watching him, and they became hazy again, almost drunk with something; and downright guards-free.

“You’re strangely.. warm today.” She noted, her face shifting to its normal expression of indifference, and Jongin cracked another smirk; this one provoking a reaction out of her heart.

“I’m always warm,” he told her just as warmly, his whole aura taking a non-Jongin camouflage. Her heart raced. “You don’t spend enough time with me to find out.”

He was a bit… right. She didn’t want to admit it, but he was right. She didn’t exactly spend a lot of time – or any time to be honest – to know what kind of a person Jongin is. He was just a part of the house she was living in. He was always there, throwing jokes here and there; scaring her to bits, before he wasn’t around anymore. He was just.. someone she grew used to, as a prominent presence in the house. She had had an impression on him when she first met him, and she realized that impression stayed; because the small moments they had together only agreed with what she thought of him. But now, when she was really looking at him, exchanging some real dialogue that didn’t conclude threats or erted remarks, she realized she didn’t really know who Jongin is.

A feeling of utter shame and annoyance – at herself – washed over her, and she didn’t realize she was taking a few steps forward to reach for the boy.

“Jongin, I—“

“It doesn’t really matter to me to be honest,” He shook his head casually, strands of extremely soft brown hair falling on his eyes momentarily. “Just know I’m awesomely warm all the time.”

“Oh my God,” she stopped moving with a groan, her cheeks stinging again. “No wonder you and Sehun are friends.” Well, Sehun and him were complete asses who liked to look so incredibly good in whatever they wore and liked self-compliments. Lots and lots of them. She wasn’t sure how they could stand being around each other so much with all this ego going around their heads; but seeing how she was exposed to a new side of Jongin, maybe they weren’t near the bad impression she had for them.

She was an utter idiot, and a jerk too.

“Aside the fact we’re the same age, you mean?” Jongin snickered, his shoulders moving gently at the movement; before he was walking downstairs, the place he had wanted to be in before he found her standing idiotically in front of Joonmyeon’s library, apparently. “I’d have never guessed.”


-

Surprisingly, knocking on Joonmyeon’s door and asking him shyly if she could come inside for a book was easier than she thought, as Joonmyeon didn’t tell her a straight fat NO to her face; instead, he told her to knock herself out with whatever book she was interested in.

His personal library was big and close in description of normal, public libraries, which was insane in itself because how did he manage to squeeze tons of large shelfs inside their house? Joonmyeon was – is – a rich guy, so the cost wasn’t that much of a problem, even though he was only working for two years. However, the room looked too small to built an entire library in, but then again; maybe the room wasn’t as big as she thought.

“You should read this one.”

She glanced backwards at Joonmyun, who was reaching his arm towards her, his hand holding a large book of probably three hundred pages. He was also holding a book he was reading, so his eyes weren’t really on her. She took the book from his hand softly, her eyes falling on the thick cover of it, before diverting her attention back to him.

“You’re allowing me to read this?”

“I’m giving it to you, am I not?” He replied easily, no malice or bad feelings in his voice, but tone was monotonous, and he wasn’t really looking at her, which unsettled her for a bit. Joonmyeon was always a little cold, monotonous, and showed little to no feelings, so the mere thought he was properly giving her a book filled her heart with warmth.

“Thanks, but what does it talk about?” She asked conversationally, walking closer to him so that she’d be able to hear him, her heart drumming in her chest in both anxiety and excitement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter