Thirteen

To Tear One’s Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I realized in the first chapters that i have had her wolf mark in her collabones, lol. I need to fix it to the back of her neck.

 

Her mood was a little gloomy this day.

And she knew it shouldn’t have, really, because everything had been going smoothly for the past few weeks, and she didn’t want such a trivial thing like that to toy with her mood so easily.

It wasn’t really that trivial, but it wasn’t of a great importance too. The fairy that had been taking care of her ever since she was young had visited her today, after not visiting her for six months; only to bid her goodbye and tell her she’d be gone forever from her life. She didn’t know what to feel, at first; but quickly the feelings of despair, longing, and loss followed her, and they hung over her head like a black, infinite cloud.

That’d explain why she was walking towards the gates of her school with a hunched back, and a small jut of her lips, every kind of ideas and thoughts swirling in her head. She didn’t even realize the whispers or the stares following her petite body, too busy looking at her sneakers and contemplating how exactly she’d cope with never seeing the fairy godmother anymore.

A soft tingle of flames erupted in her body from the scalding hot wolf mark of hers, and she made a body contact before she could acknowledge her mate, which her mark was alerting her of. Intense warmth spread in her body at the physical contact of her mate, and she realized – with a startle - that she walked straight into her mate’s chest.

She glanced up softly, heartbeats already reacting violently in her chest, and saw Minseok looking down at her body with a curious look in his eyes; a look that hurriedly faded away at the attention from her beady eyes. He settled with raising his eyebrows at her in question because of her odd actions. Why wasn’t she paying attention?

“Why are you here?” She asked him in a murmur, stepping away from him a little so that she could breathe normally, without feeling like she was being smothered by his soft smell.

“I was on my way home from an early leave at work, so I decided to take you since I know you’re walking.” Minseok answered her casually, crossing his arms around his chest with another one of his overly judgmental eyes, and she immediately knew he had noticed how she was acting just seconds ago. Not paying attention and looking all blue? He’d definitely catch a small detail like that, especially from her. Although it didn’t mean she wanted to say anything without actually sitting down t do so, and not when the entire school was looking at them.

The humans whom were staring; she could understand, since werewolves normally radiated an alluring and terrifying aura that would at least make three people look back at them in awe and confusion. Not to mention Minseok was incredibly alluring, with his work suit, ear piercing, and extremely sharp eyes. So having a bunch of girls eyeing him with heart-eyes was understandable.

But werewolves? The werewolves in her school weren’t that many, and all of them knew of her being a mate to the EXO pack, which held a bunch of intensely strong werewolves that were all pretty much handsome too. But they all knew she was their mate. She was particularly radiating a scent that attracted others to her – a main reason why the boys weren’t very approving of her attending a mixed school — so why the hell were they staring?

“Thank you.” She managed to utter in a small voice, looking behind him at his small Mercedes car that reflected the burning heat of the sun on its white surface, before looking backward at Minseok. The Alpha understood her urge to hide under the coverage of his care, hide away from the stares he was unconsciously pulling by being a -God, and walked away to his car to open it for her. She followed diligently, taking the shotgun seat she never really liked that much only because she knew Minseok didn’t like it when you didn’t sit beside him when you’re the only passenger he’s taking.

Minseok turned the car on and left the school premises right away, he too hyperaware with the burning eyes everyone were shooting him, even when they should already get used to his and his pack mates’ presence. He took a look at the girl beside him, fixing her seatbelt in place with a prominent sad aura surrounding her, a taut expression on her face she tried to force away by pulling fake smiles on, and Minseok frowned. What was wrong with her? Ever since she put on a show to produce a sincere apology to them; she’d been radiating sun and joy, even while the changes never happened in the pace she desired. Still, she was willing to try more and more, snoop into their business to show them she cares, and fix up their wounds whenever they’re hurt or sick in spite of how awkward it really is.

He hadn’t seen her give up, not once, the entire month she was trying to pay up for her deeds, even when it was hard to keep strong knowing how the boys weren’t giving her that much of a chance, since they were awkward and didn’t know how to react to this sudden new side of hers. But still, she kept her smile big and positivity bigger, he didn’t think he’d ever see her gloomy again, and now that he did, he started to wonder if some of the boys told her something that upset her.

“You should let Sehun take you to and from school, starting from now.” Minseok told her all of a sudden, forcing his eyes away from the girl to look at the road with slightly unfocused eyes.

“I don’t want to burden him,” immediately, she replied, eyes frantic. “His school is on a completely different side of mine.”

“So what?” Minseok murmured distractedly, trying to swerve around a car while keeping his attention on his girl at the same time. Truthfully, he didn’t know why he was conversing with her about this matter, he was an Alpha and his words were law, he could just order her to incline and she’d. “The only decent thing that kid does is driving, you should let him— you know what? Starting from tomorrow, you’ll ride with him.”

She didn’t argue much with him, only because she really wanted to ride with Sehun to school and have enough time with him, and that taking the bus everyday was a big hassle she didn’t want to go through. So perhaps Minseok did her a favor.

She sat in silence with him as he drove past the many roads she had to go through the bus alone, and she felt.. at ease. She didn’t think having one of her mates driving her to her house felt this liberating, almost therapeutic, with the con air blowing softly on her face and Minseok’s body; delivering his musk-like scent to her nose. He smelt so nice.

She didn’t say anything for a long time, and neither did Minseok. She felt her words at the tips of her tongue, and Minseok felt the same. He desperately wanted to ask her of why she had been gloomy before meeting him, and why she was exceptionally calm while sitting beside him. Fortunately for him, she was the one to open before him.

“The godmother visited me today.”

“Who?” He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, his hands on the steering wheel tight and secure.

“Right,” she realized with a startle, knowing that the look on his face was completely justified. “I never told you about her.”

Minseok didn’t reply, opting to hum under his breath. He knew that she’d talk about this whole thing by herself, just like how she urged herself to say the first thing in spite of the quiet and peaceful atmosphere. And true to himself, she started to explain things to him, poking on every single one of the bubbles holding his curiosity at pay.

“She’s a fairy, a legit one, that had been visiting me ever since I turned eleven. Although she stopped doing so when I met you,” She hummed at the memory, playing with the belt secured around her body with a soft twinkle to her eyes. That twinkle immensely faded away when she realized the results of that. “My parents thought I was crazy whenever they heard me talking to her with muffled voices. She’s like a mother to me, she used to guide me, protect me, and tell me what I don’t know about the supernatural world. She was the one who told me about my wolf mark.”

“Why had she stopped visiting you when we found you?” Minseok asked the minute she stopped talking, finding himself extra curious than before. She liked seeing Minseok all curious and bothered, she liked seeing him letting loose to all of the inquiries he had within him that he felt he shouldn’t let out because of his position as a classy, and high-status Alpha.

She happily answered his question with a twist of her body around the chair to look at him, her bangs falling on her eyes because of the air of the condition. She also crossed her legs beneath her and Minseok forced his eyes off the road to look at her, his heart pounding in peacefulness with how comfortable she was making herself in his car, spreading her natural scent in every nook and canny, something to revel in after she’s gone and he’s all alone.

“She always told me that she’d leave if I find you, saying something about how I’ll not need her when I’m with you.”

Minseok noticed a small furrow taking place between her brows, and he wanted to reach over and soften it away by his fingers, so that she’d continue looking comfortable.

“She is right, I guess. I never really needed anyone when I’m with you, I believe.” She entered a state of mind that blocked everything around her, reminiscing about the tiny fairy that reached her waist even while she was in her human form. Blue and purple ribbons as her hair, and beady, large eyes that flickered with different shades of colors in each different emotion that took over her small body. She remembered when she told her she’d leave whenever she met the mates she was very excited for her child to meet, as she said; and how she’d never need protection from her again when she does, because they’ll suffice. She realized – albeit a little overdue – that she was right. She hadn’t, and will never again; need anyone else to protect her, because these mates of hers were here.

She glanced at Minseok at the thought, noticing his sharp, cate-like eyes peering at the road with half-there concentration, half of his mind on her words and the other half trying not to crash on any moving vehicle. She trailed her eyes away from his eyes to his sharp nose, down to his pursed lips; until she was eyeing his arms, bulging with obvious muscles under the tight shirt sleeves of his suit. Those muscles of his were perfectly enough for him to snap the necks of everyone who dared approach her, he had never told her of doing that for her; of course, but he didn’t need to. The way he protected her from her own brother was enough of an evidence that he’d do anything to protect her, saying it or not.

“Anyway,” she broke herself out of her reverie before Minseok realized she had been eyeing him like a erted teenager. “She visited me again.”

“What did she want?” Minseok whispered, unfocused with her words, as he tried to take a turn with the car.

“She said that she’d felt I’m happy.” She mumbled back, noticing he wasn’t really paying that much attention on her, and deciding to keep silent until it was safe to talk again. It took less than a minute for Minseok to get back on track, and once he gave her a contemplating look – to see if she truly was happy? — she started to talk again.

“She came to give me a goodbye, for she won’t be there with me starting from today onwards.”

“Are you unhappy?” Minseok asked with a clear voice, giving her a look to gauge the reaction he knew would flash on her face before looking back at the road again; his eyebrows meeting in the middle with jumbled thoughts. What he caught in her face was a look of confusion, a look of unawareness, a look of momemtary panic; and he didn’t know what to feel about it.

“I thought I’d be, at first when I had been too attached to her,” She told him, almost like she wanted this for him to hear. “But now, I don’t think I’m.”

He didn’t say anything back at her, simply because he didn’t know what to say. He felt relieved knowing she thought she could be happy with them, with or without this fairy he didn’t care to know about. He just liked hearing she’d be okay with them, and willing to be happy even if only with them. It felt liberating, to him; and relieving. He allowed his lungs to breathe comfortably again.

“Minseok.” He heard her melodious voice call out for his name.

“Yes?”

“Can you drive with only one hand?”

That was a question he didn’t expect from her, as it came out of the blue. He spared her a small look to see what exactly was going through her head, only to spot a small smile dangling from her fine, strawberry lips, making his heart pound.

“Yes..?” He uncertainly answered, moving in his place so that he’d dispose of one of the hands he had around the steering wheel, placing it on his lap instead. Instantly, she crawled closer to him, bending over in her seat so that she could take his free hand in her hands.

He stared back at her curiously, wondering what she was doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter