Finale

Love Like Crazy

Jungkook stirred in his sleep. There was a tingling sensation on his lips that wanted to wake him up but his body tried to resist. He was never the one to be easily woken up.

 

The tingling continued and Jungkook scrunched his nose but didn’t open his eyes. The faint breath on his lips tickled him, pulling the corners of his mouth upward into a grin.

 

“Good morning,” he whispered, blinking his eyes open and smiling at the sight in front of him.

 

“Good morning, baby,” Jimin hummed, tangling his fingers in Jungkook’s hair and kissing his lips again. This time the younger responded eagerly and wrapped his arm around Jimin’s waist, pressing him closer. The soft skin under the pads of his fingers felt good and he couldn’t help but the under the blankets. All the clothes between them were annoying him.

 

“No, baby. The kids are gonna be home soon,” Jimin whined and slapped Jungkook’s hand away, giggling when his husband pouted and puckered his lips to get a kiss.

 

“But they shouldn’t be here for a few hours.” Jungkook kissed him again, caressing the skin that wasn’t off limits. They kissed for a while, basking in affection toward each other before Jimin buried himself in Jungkook’s bare chest.

 

“You’re so mature nowadays.” Jimin kissed up his chest and took a deep breath of his scent.

 

“I’m I too old for you now, hyung ?” The smaller bursted laughing and Jungkook snickered fondly at him.

 

“No, no! You’re just 35! I’m the one soon turning 40,” Jimin smiled and sighed, snuggling impossibly closer to the other man. Jungkook chuckled and ran his fingers through Jimin’s golden hair. The strands between his fingers felt good. Having Jimin’s head on his chest felt good. The calm breathing on his skin felt good.

 

“I love you,” he said. “You’re so perfect, baby. My lovely husband.” Jungkook kissed the top of Jimin’s messy bed head and smiled back when the elder lifted his head, wearing a soft expression.

 

“I’m scared,” Jimin whispered, eyes losing some of their sparkle. Jungkook knitted his eyebrows and reached over to turn on the bedside lamp. Jimin groaned and regretted he had opened his mouth.

 

“You’re scared? Of what?” Jungkook asked softly, sitting up and pulling Jimin onto his lap. He gently rubbed his T-shirt-covered back as the smaller rested his head on his shoulder. “Talk to me, love.”

 

“It’s just… Our kids are still rather small but… when they’ll grow up and get to know who- or what I am, what will they think of me?” His voice was quiet and he sounded unsure.

 

“Love, do you mean-”

 

“Yes, I do. I will have to explain everything to them. Because it still is a part of me.”

 

Jungkook sighed and hugged his husband.

 

“Baby. Jihwan and Jaeho love you so much. They’re our children. You are their father just like I am, they won’t think of you any different. And don’t talk like you’re not a human. Don’t worry, my love.”

 

“Thank you. I’ll try.”

 

Jimin had been born a girl. He met Jungkook when he was going through hormonal treatment and had had his s removed just months ago, and was still healing. Their mutual best friend introduced them and Jungkook had fallen immediately. When the younger asked him out, Jimin was extremely scared. Scared of what Jungkook would think of him. He wasn’t even sure if Jungkook knew what he was going through. To his surprise, Jungkook listened when he told him everything. To his surprise, Jungkook didn’t walk away. Instead, he opened his arms and pulled Jimin into a warm hug.

 

Much like the position they were in their bed, only fifteen years later.

 

Jimin quietly sobbed into Jungkook’s shoulder, already calming down as the younger’s gentle hands rubbed his back soothingly. Jungkook was humming lowly into his ear, leaving butterfly kisses on the shell and nibbled the lobe. Nuzzling Jimin’s nape, he took a deep breath.

 

“Stop, that tickles!” Jimin giggled, wiggling on his lap and tried to break free from the embrace but the taller didn’t let him move. He began tickling Jimin’s sides.

 

“Jungkook!” The older squirmed, smile so wide it hurt his cheeks. A few tears fell down his face.

 

The both of them were startled when their bedroom door was suddenly slammed open and two children barged in.

 

“Dad! Papa! We’re home!” Jaeho, their five-year-old girl shouted, sprinting over to her parents’ bed and jumping in. Jimin immediately wrapped his arms around her and started kissing her little cheeks. Jihwan, their seven-year-old boy sneaked himself into the hug. Jungkook put his arms around all three of them. Jimin’s mother stepped into the room.

 

“Oh dear, I’m sorry. Those two little monkeys ran off as soon as their shoes were off,” she sighed and shook her head. Jungkook laughed.

 

“Dad! Why are you crying?” Jaeho asked, bottom lip in a worried pout as she wiped some tears away.

 

“I just missed you,” Jimin said, ruffling the hair of both of the small ones, taking their hands and getting off the bed. “Let’s put your stuff back to your rooms! Did you have fun at grandma's?” The three of them slipped out and Jungkook stretched his arms as he got up.

 

“Why was he crying?” Jimin’s mother sounded concerned. Jungkook threw on a T-shirt and gave his mother-in-law a hug.

 

“He told me he is afraid Jihwan and Jaeho won’t love him when he tells them about his gender reassignment,” he said, gently kissing her cheek.

 

“My little baby! Did you talk to him?” Jungkook nodded as he pulled on his sweats, grabbing another pair for Jimin too.

 

“Of course. I think he’s fine. I guess it was because he missed the kids.”

 

The two exited the bedroom.

 

“I’m sorry we were here so early. I sent you a message but you probably didn’t see it,” Jimin’s mother chuckled.

 

Jungkook sat on the couch and played on his phone, waiting for Jimin to come back from the bathroom. He heard the door open and close, and the sight of his husband in revealing clothing distracted him from the high score he had been trying to get.

 

“Well well.” The younger almost threw his phone away, not caring about it as he was finally getting some adults’ cuddling time with his husband. The kids were out, they had the whole evening to themselves.

 

“Yeah, I left my phone in the living room. Somewhere.” The elderly woman had a knowing smile on her face. Over the years Jungkook had gotten used to her knowing that they had , it was natural for them to be intimate, so he wasn’t embarrassed by her smirks anymore. Jimin was, though. Every time.

 

They reached the kitchen where Jimin was making coffee. The kids were drinking juice and seated around the table, chatting happily.

 

“Thought you’d want these, babe,” Jungkook said, handing Jimin his sweats and kissing his cheek before sitting next to his children, taking part in their conversation.

 

“Do you want coffee, mom?” Jimin asked, giving her a hug as well after he hid his legs.

 

“No thank you, honey. I have to leave. Your kids behaved well enough.” Jimin snickered. “We’ll have them over again with pleasure. So,” She leaned closer to Jimin’s ear and whispered. “when you two can’t keep it in your pants anymore, just call me.” She winked.

 

“Mom!” Jimin flushed red. His mother singsonged goodbye to her grandchildren and sneaked out of the house before Jimin would explode.

 

“What did grandma say, dad?” Jihwan asked, helping Jungkook by holding Jaeho’s hair bobbles as his father braided the girl’s hair.

 

“Just that she can’t wait to have you over again and she loves you very much!” Jimin laughed kind of forcedly and tried to cool down his face by opening the fridge. Jungkook shot him a mischievous smirk.

 

“What would you say if you’d go over again next week? You could stay the whole weekend!” the younger adult said, eyes fixated on his husband as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“Yay! Dad, can we go? Please please, please? Grandpa promised we would go to the beach next time!” Jaeho pleaded, striking her puppy eyes at him. Jimin poured the coffee into two cups and took a sip from the other.

 

“Sure, but we have to ask grandma.” He handed Jungkook the other cup and sat down, looking for the younger’s leg from under the table so he could kick him.

 

“And grandma said it’s important that papa and dad have time to play together as well!” the girl continued. Jungkook winked at his husband, kicking back before cracking a smile. Jimin couldn’t hold back and started laughing. He threw his head back and covered his mouth with his hand. The younger was also laughing, bunny teeth on display.

 

“What’s so funny?” their son asked, sharing a confused look with his sister. Their parents could be so weird sometimes. But they loved them like crazy.