Chapter 2

Justice

  It was three days later; Sehun was waiting at the airport. He had his phone in his hand, looking at the calendar. He's becoming very worried. He knows he's innocent, but how can people know? He put his head down between his knees and closed his eyes. After what seemed like hours, Sehun felt someone sit down next to him. He woke up and lifted his head. His hair was sort of messed up. He rubbed his eyes and looked to the side to see no one, but then again, he felt someone sit down on the other side.


"You look like a kid when you wake up." A voice came from the other seat.


  Sehun looked to the side where the voice came from. It a blond haired man with a grey suit on. He had a brief case on his lap, and a lanyard around his neck. Sehun tried to read the man's ID, but it was secured in his jacket.


"I'm sorry, sometimes I think out loud." The man said, an obvious blush could be seen on his cheeks.

"May I asked who you are?" Sehun asked.

"Oh! I'm Luhan, a defense attorney." Luhan said, pulling his ID out of his jacket.


  Sehun jumped up and smiled. "Really, really, really??!!?" Sehun basically jumping for joy. The man gave a confused smile. "Oh.... Sorry about that... It's just, I'm Oh Sehun." Sehun explained himself.


"Mr. Oh! Thank you for waiting for me! So.." Luhan put his hands in his pocket, "do you think I can crash at your place until the trial is over?"

  Sehun shrugged. He took the handle of Luhan's suitcase, and rolled it passed the other, pointing at the exit of the airport building.

  Following the younger, Luhan watches the scenery. Once they get to Sehun's apartment, Luhan looks around the room. He sees so many paintings.
A lot were very breath taking.

 

"You painted all of these?" Luhan asked, looking at the grand frames that they are hung up with.

"Yes," Sehun spoke, setting Luhan's luggage down, "my sister gave me most of the frames. She said that one day they'll be in a museum, so she wants them to be perfectly framed already." Sehun explained the frames.

 

  Luhan gave a cute chuckle as he looked at the finish on the paintings. He looked in great detail with all of the paintings. He even pulled out a magnifying glass. He smiled before looking at Sehun.

 

"I was an art appraiser’s apprentice when I was in law school," Luhan spoke, "just to earn some money, but I learned a thing or two."


  Sehun made fresh coffee and put the mugs of coffee on the coffee table. They both sat down. Luhan pulled out a file and looked over some of the papers. He spread some of them on the coffee table.

"So first, like most cases, you pleaded not guilty of stealing Mr. Byun's work. Naturally, you didn't have evidence to prove it: in fact, you have more evidence to prove that were guilty than not." Luhan started talking business.

"What will happen?" Sehun asked, not even paying attention to the coffee he has in his hand.


"They'll have an art appraiser at the court. I'm not certified, so I will have to get someone here. There is a certain technique that allows one to know when paint was put down. It can only tell from a month ago, so.." Luhan spoke, gathering all of his information, "sabotage will be in the judge’s mind. They'll comeback with something, I'm sure of it.

"After trial, I'll see if there's anything else we can do. We'll only have one more time to prove you not guilty after that. So you need to start thinking." Luhan ended, putting the paper work away. He sipped the coffee and looked at Sehun.

  Sehun was in deep thought. He knows it, even with one of the best lawyers in China, he'll still be wrongfully put in jail. Not that he thinks Luhan is incapable, but he feels like the judge will listen more to Baekhyun.

"For now, Mr. Oh, relax. There's a 50:50 chance that you will win. Live life. You got a few weeks." Luhan said, sitting next to Sehun. Luhan smiled.

  Sehun just looked over at Luhan. He nodded and sat back on the couch. He accidentally put his arm around Luhan's shoulders, bringing Luhan down with him.

"oof" Luhan wasn't expecting to be brought back with Sehun.

"Oh, sorry." Sehun removed his arm from Luhan and sat straight.

"No, no, it's fine. We'll be roommates for a few weeks, so it's good to be comfortable." Luhan said, leaning back with Sehun.

  Sehun looked the other way. "I..." Sehun was at a loss for words. Luhan looked around and jumped up. Sehun was shocked.

"I forgot! I need to unpack, don't I?" Luhan asked with a smile.

  Sehun nodded and looked at Luhan's one, small suit case. "Are you sure you have enough stuff in there?"

"Yes, I'll by supplies, it's mostly suits inside. Gotta look professional." Luhan said with thumbs up.

  Luhan took off his lanyard and set it on his suit case. He then took off his jacket and loosened his tie. "Where will I sleep?" Luhan asked as he rolled up his dress shirt sleeves.

"Oh, there's a.. *mumbles: no that was in my house...*....uhm..." Sehun was looking around. "You can take my bed; I'll sleep on the couch." Sehun suggested.

  Luhan laughed. "You let me stay when you don't have a spare bedroom? You're funny" Luhan lightly smacked Sehun's chest. Sehun kind of laughed along with him. "No, no, I'm going to be here too long, you keep your bed, I'll stay on the couch." Luhan said while picking up the cup of coffee and drinking it.

A  nd then it happened, Sehun wasn't thinking when he spoke: "How about we both sleep in my bed?"