Seven

Love Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVEN

 

Jimin avoided Jungkook for next whole week, which didn’t come as a surprise for the latter. As the day for party approached, Jungkook found himself more and more giddy and anticipating that evening. His daily ice-cream evenings with Rose were back after the little girl fully recovered from her accident. It was fun spending time with Rose, Jungkook thought, and the idea of ‘settling down’ with Jimin didn’t seem unpleasant as well.

 

Jungkook took a day off from his job on Friday, much to dismay of his friends- who were planning some sort of birthday prank to play on him in office. Jungkook’s parent wanted to invite him for a birthday dinner… gets to catch up on their only son’s life. But considering how Jungkook had promise to help set things up for Rose’s party, the younger man had made plans of special mom-made birthday breakfast with his parents rather than dinner.

 

Jungkook had told them all about Rose and his nice and kind neighbor, earning an understanding smile from both of his parents. The elder couple has obviously live long enough to take one look at Jungkook’s radiating face and assume the reason behind it… of course they understood Jungkook’s love for the little girl as much as her father, something Yugyeom still refuses to believe. Stating how Jungkook only wants to get in hot ‘dad’s pants and using the girl as bait. Yes, Jungkook admits he needs new friends!

 

Jungkook return to his home before lunch and directly made his way to Jimin’s backyard. As expected, he found the man single handedly setting small plastic tables and chairs for the party that evening.

 

“Need help?” Jungkook said as a form of greeting.

 

“Of course I do, birthday boy,” Jimin retorted easily as he smiled at Jungkook, to latter’s surprise. “Happy birthday!”

 

“Eww,” Jungkook cringed while pretending to curl his fingers, making other man to laugh. “Even my parents didn’t wish me birthday like that.”

 

“That’s because your parents don’t have a six year-,”

 

“SEVEN!!” A voice sounded from inside the house, making both the men to jump.

 

“Oh right… seven year old son,” Jimin pointed out. “I am sorry I am bound by habit to wish like that.”

 

Taehyung came not short after that and together all three men succeeded in decorating the backyard in soft pink, lime yellow and baby blue color theme. The tables were set and so were the gift packs Rose would be handing out as a thank you for her friends company. The cake was delivered ten minutes before the first guest arrived. Soon the backyard was filled with hyper active children screaming and running around like nobody’s business. The table that held all the gifts Rose got was straining under the weight.

 

When Jimin bought out the Frozen Elsa cake, Jungkook was surprise to find a second Olaf Cake in the tow as well- which was carried by Taehyung. It was moderately embarrassing for Jungkook to blow the candles but Jimin and Rose had insisted so earnestly that Jungkook couldn’t say no. Rose and Jungkook blew the candles at the same time earning applaud from seven year old Rose’s equally short and tiny friends and some of their parents and of course Jimin’s parents.

 

It was awkward meeting Jimin’s parents because just like Jungkook’s own parents, the elder man’s parent also seemed to have those ‘knowing’ eyes trained at him. Apparently, Rose had filled her grandparents about Jungkook’s main traits and of course the kindness he had bestowed when Rose was bedridden and Jimin needed someone to look after her… clearly the elder couple put two and two together.

 

“Dad, what did you get Jungkook Oppa?” Rose’s high pitched voice sounded around the small backyard after she had started opening her gifts and was delighted to find the exact gifts she had wanted. She was sitting inside her new racing car while opening other gifts from her friend when suddenly she looked up in great realization. “It’s Jungkook Oppa’s birthday… he should get a gift, right? Even Taehyung Oppa gave him a gift.”

 

Jungkook choke on the punch he was drinking and glared at Taehyung’s smirking face. The ‘gift’ Taehyung had indeed given to Jungkook was not something appropriate for a seven year to talk about and Jungkook hoped for Taehyung’s own safety that he had not shown the gift to little girl.

 

“I got him that Olaf cake, didn’t I?” Jimin seemed puzzled for a moment and Jungkook found the elder rather cute.

 

“No, not that,” Rose whined. “You got a cake for me too… that is not a gift! You should get something nice for Oppa.”

 

“Okay fine I would buy him whatever he wants, later, okay?” Jimin resolved finally, gaining a cheeky grin from Rose and a brow raise from Jungkook. Well, Jungkook was tempted to get the same car as Rose and maybe Jimin would buy it for him, huh?

 

Once all the hype of party went down and slowly the guests started to leave one by one, Jungkook was invited to stay for dinner that Jimin had prepared for his parents and Taehyung. Since Jimin’s cooking was one of the most delicious thing Jungkook had the pleasure of eating thus of course his answer was affirmative.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Park left as soon as the dinner ended and Taehyung had offered to drive the elder couple thus Jungkook found himself all alone with Jimin in the kitchen while Rose was ordered to change in her sleepwear and slip in her bed. Jungkook insisted on cleaning up even if Jimin was horror stuck at the idea of ‘birthday boy’ slaving away on his special day. Jimin was as dramatic as Rose, Jungkook concluded.

 

Both men worked side by side and in no time the kitchen was left spot less. Jimin had brewed tea in the end and both guys stood at Kitchen Island enjoying the warm treat.

 

“I still have half an hour to kill before my birthday ends,” Jungkook said playfully looking at Jimin.

 

“Yeah?” Jimin’s frown was baffled.

 

“So about that gift…?”

 

“What do you want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter