Six

Love Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX

 

Things became awkward between them from then onwards.

 

Jungkook wasn’t sure if it was because Jimin had opened up to him, or he was baffled and embarrass over the peck Jungkook landed on him or does Jimin believes that Jungkook had seen him that night… but the elder seemed to be avoiding eye contact with Jungkook.

 

For next three weeks Jimin didn’t even invited Jungkook to stay for dinner but that was not what frustrated Jungkook… it was the fact how Jimin had started drawing curtains before his weekly rituals, which had become an important part of Jungkook’s life, in all honesty.

 

But the steam has started to blow off once August started and Jimin had to take Rose for her final checkup, since according to the doctor the bone was completely healed thus it was okay to let the tight bandage off and give the girl the freedom to use her arm properly… and Jimin, for some reason, felt like he should invite Jungkook with them to last checkup. Jungkook won’t admit but his heart fluttered wildly at the invitation.

 

The doctor praised Rose for taking plenty of rest and taking good enough care of her arm that it was healed completely. He advised her a few simple exercises before letting them go. On Rose’s insistence they walked in the ice-cream parlor she loves and was frequent of before the tragedy.

 

“Dad, my arm would move easily before my birthday, right?” Rose asked while away her chocolate caramel cone.

 

“Yes, sweetie,” Jimin answered while patting her hairs lovingly, Jungkook watched with curious eyes.

 

“How would we celebrate?” Rose kept demanding for details. “We would invite all my school friends, grandpa and grandma and Taehyung Oppa and Raina and Shelly from down the road and their dog Timmy too, right?”

 

“Yes, baby, whoever you want,” Jimin assured before taking a bite off of his ice-cream. Unintentionally he looked up and found Jungkook staring at his lips. Flustered, he looked away.

 

“Jungkook Oppa what would you do on your birthday?” The curious girl, unaware of the tension between the elders, played the role of perfect distraction.

 

“Nothing,” Jungkook answered with a deep pout around his lips. “Nobody celebrates my birthday or give me gifts since I am old now.”

 

“What?” Rose genuinely looked sad. “Dad, are old people not allowed to celebrate birthdays?”

 

Jimin gave an exasperated look to younger man before saying, “They are baby… I would celebrate your birthdays till your hundred, okay?”

 

“Okay,” Rose’s spirit sore quickly. “And how about I and Jungkook Oppa celebrate our birthdays together? Dad, you can throw the party for both of us and give Jungkook Oppa a gift as well, huh?”

 

“Really?” Jungkook perked up with mischievous eyes strained on Jimin’s red cheeks. “I would love a gift from Jimin.”

 

With both, Rose and Jungkook, giving puppy eyes to Jimin, the elder had no way other than saying yes while giving death daggers to younger man behind Rose’s back.

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

Once Rose’s arm was freed from the sling, Jimin expressed his gratefulness for Jungkook’s unlimited cooperation, in proper manners, while literally hiding behind Rose and avoiding eye contact with the younger man.

 

Moreover, Jimin explained how he was gonna drop off his daughter to his parent’s house considering how his mother was in far better condition than she was two months ago… in short, Jungkook’s babysitting service was not needed anymore. Of course Jungkook was greatly bumped by the unexpected news, since he had become so tuned to the routine. But apparently, Jungkook was not the only one disappointed with this new arrangement because as soon as the single father was done, Rose out right demanded Jungkook to come and play with her for one hour every day after the pair of father and daughter has returned home in the evening. Now who was Jungkook to break the tiny heart?

 

Nevertheless, after the little ‘Ice-cream Date’- according to an ecstatic Rose- things became less awkward between Jungkook and Jimin… at least in the presence of latter’s daughter. Carefully using Rose as the moderator, the two would talk and even joke about a few stuff, here and there.

 

The only time Jimin talked with Jungkook all alone was when he needed a task done and even then he only whispered a soft ‘I wanna talk, so, I shall text you tonight’ when Jungkook had said his good byes to Rose and was passing the threshold of his neighbor’s house, on one fine evening.

 

Puzzled but intrigued, the younger eagerly waited to see what the elder man has to say.

 

From: Jimin (10:34 pm)
It’s Rose’s birthday in less than three weeks, as you already know

 

Jungkook frowned at the unexpected content of the message he would never admit he had been waiting for last couple of hours while pacing his spacious living room in clear anxiety.

 

To: Jimin (10:35 pm)
Yeah… but what about it?

 

From: Jimin (10:35 pm)
For last 3 years I had told Rose that if she wrote a letter to God, telling him what gift she wants the God would naturally make me buy that gift with His supreme powers…

 

To: Jimin (10:36 pm)
Umm… isn’t it something people say about Santa?

 

From: Jimin (10:36 pm)
Yeah but apparently she found out that Santa doesn’t do birthdays
He is only in-charge of Christmas… so gotta go with God…

 

To: Jimin (10:37 pm)
and she bought that???

 

From: Jimin (10:38 pm)
She did for last three years but now her teacher told her that you can’t write letters to God… you need to pray to him to give you nice things…

 

To: Jimin (10:39 pm)
Well that is true…
So what exactly is the problem?

 

From Jimin (10:39 pm)
the problem is!!! She has been praying for her gift for a fortnight before going to bed!!
Now if she won’t write to God, how would I know what I gotta get her for her birthday?!

 

To: Jimin (10:40 pm)
Okay, I know I shouldn’t laugh… but… I am lol-ing really hard at the moment XDXD

 

From: Jimin (10:40 pm)
Stop it!! And help me out??

 

To: Jimin (10:41 pm)
How?? What should I do??

 

From: Jimin (10:41 pm)
you are her friend now!! Try to talk to her and find out what she wants for her birthday!!

 

To: Jimin (10:41 pm)
and then tell you about it?

 

From: Jimin (10:42 pm)
YES, OF COURSE!! What else?

 

To: Jimin (10:42 pm)
But what would I get out of it?

 

From: Jimin (10:43 pm)
What?!?!?
Okay fine! What do you want?

 

To: Jimin (10:44 pm)
Nothing much
Take me with you when you go shopping for her birthday party…
I have this perfect theme for decoration and stuff
I really wanna do this!

 

Jungkook blinked at the screen of his mobile phone… waiting for the reply. A couple of minutes passed but nothing came. He started getting worried that maybe Jimin was offended by his offer… or maybe the elder was not planning on inviting Jungkook at all but the younger had assumed other thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter