Five

Love Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

 

Things went perfectly well for next whole month… if you don’t count Jungkook avoiding and not giving for Yugyeom’s deathly glares or his boss’s constant disapproval at his late arrival every morning.

 

Jungkook was happy to tell anyone if they listen how he has accepted Jimin’s constant dinner invitations- a couple of times- and survived through the family dinner without making a complete fool out of him… even if Rose had sat there wiggling her eyebrows whenever she would notice Jungkook’s eyes unintentionally drifting toward Jimin’s rare side when the elder moves around his kitchen trying to get his perfectly cooked food to be served in best manner.

 

“Stop it!” Jungkook had hissed once the wiggling had changed into uncontrollable giggles.

 

“See… my dad is hot!” Rose had retorted smugly and Jungkook couldn’t think of a better come back when his heart and mind were in full agreement with the girl’s words. Thankfully Jimin had chosen that time to finally lower the steaming stuffed chicken on the small dining table while urging them to dig in.

 

But apparently good things don’t last forever.

 

It was on a Friday night, when Jimin stopped Jungkook on his door step- the minute the younger was about to leave.

 

“I know it’s a lot to ask for considering how much you are already doing for me,” Jimin started while gnawing on his thick bottom lip. He glanced through his thick eyelashes, making Jungkook’s knee to go soft, before muttering, “Would you look after Rose tomorrow?”

 

“But it’s weekend,” Jungkook muttered before he could snap out of his stupor and try to make his words sound less accusing. “I mean… of course I would be happy to keep Rose company even on Saturday, but is something the matter?”

 

“Well, yes…” Jimin groaned in a childlike manner, literally stomping his foot. “Things aren’t going that well at the company so father suggested that I come on the off day- all alone I might add- and get the whole month’s work assorted and rechecked. He knows that my neighbor is a kind angel who has been helping me all this time and he just assumed you would be alright to have your weekend disturbed as well. Even though I tried telling him it’s wrong to rip you off because of your kindness-”

 

“Jimin!” Jungkook shouted before the elder could keep on blabbering in his guilty stance. “You don’t need to give this much explanation… I would be here tomorrow morning, okay?”

 

“Okay…” Jimin’s lips tilted in a grateful smile, making his eyes to slant cutely and Jungkook’s mind to go haywire and urge him to just reach out and grab that small face and plant his lips on those pink stretched lips and to-

 

Jungkook quickly pulled himself out from his demon thoughts and flashed a force smile at his neighbor before running toward his own house.

 

“Get a grip on yourself, Jeon Jungkook!!” He scolded once he was safe behind his close door. “Rose is six!! She doesn’t know how the world works!! For all you know Jimin doesn’t even like guys!! Good gracious! He had a daughter with a woman!!”

 

But by next morning Jungkook has forgotten all about his own words as he took pleasure in gazing at Jimin’s and thick thigh- that had been squeezed in tight fitted black jeans- after they exchanged quick greetings and Jimin had run toward his car. At that moment Jungkook admitted he had developed a rather unhealthy crush on his insanely hot neighbor as he flipped out his mobile phone to postpone his dinner plan with his parents, for tonight.

 

It was exceptionally draining, playing with a hyperactive six year old… good Lord! Do they ever get tired? Jungkook internally thanked Rose’s doctor and the companies that developed pain killers that comes with a pinch of sleeping draughts that can easily knock out a six year old for a couple of hours. So as soon as Rose starts complaining that the slight pain in her arm was back, Jungkook would happily shove the prescribed medicines in her tiny mouth and take a breather for next two hours, knowing quite well he would have to run around to keep up with her once she wakes up fresh as ever.

 

Jimin came back at six that night and found Jungkook and Rose sitting on the rug in the living room, around the coffee table that was filled with number of colors, paints and papers. Where Rose colored using her right arm, Jungkook played the role of her left arm by assisting her whenever she needed help.

 

“I hope you are staying for dinner, Jungkook,” Jimin said in a soft voice, after the common greeting and inquiring after their day’s activity. “I am cooking something simple but still…”

 

“Umm,” Jungkook glanced over and noticed the eye bags under Jimin’s eyes. “Yeah, I think I would but only if you let me do the dishes afterwards.”

 

“What?” Jimin looked horrified. “Of course not, you are my guest. Besides, you are already doing so much for me.”

 

“Fine, then I will leave,” Jungkook sighed in an exaggerated manner as he got up while ruffling Rose’s hair in a good bye.

 

“You really play dirty,” Jimin accused playfully, easily picking upon Jungkook’s act. “Fine! You are welcome to put burden on my conscious by doing the dishes. Happy now?”

 

“Very,” Jungkook grinned brightly.

 

Jungkook spent the next hour watching some senseless cartoons while cuddling with Rose and complaining about how ‘Tom and Jerry’ or ‘Pink Panther’- the mere classic in his time- were not as senseless as these. Of course he was completely ignored by the little girl. The dinner was served a little after seven and as soon as Rose munched on the last spoonful of fried rice Jimin fed her, she declared she was tired and wishes to go to sleep. While Jimin went to put her in bed, Jungkook compile the dirty dishes and set to work.

 

“Care for a cup of chamomile tea?” Jimin’s soft voice sounded from behind, surprising Jungkook. The latter was finishing up with the last plate.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter