Prologue

Trustworthy Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Red. 

 

No, the liquid gushing out of the female as she laid, eyes wide open, was a deep, dark crimson.  Her ashen face contrasted the blood surrounding her and her cold eyes revealed that she had just been defeated in the battle for life. She had been murdered. 

 

As he stared down at the lifeless body, his body beginning to function again after the initial shock, he couldn’t figure out how to react. His eyes watered as he covered his mouth with his hand, muffling the sobs threatening to come out. Meanwhile, he gagged several times, fighting to keep the food down. 

 

The woman who gave birth to him, his mother, was dead. The one who raised him was there, lying in a pool of her own blood. Beside her was a long, sharp object that had crimson splattered on it. A kitchen knife. 

 

Chanyeol inched closer to the knife, shaky hands struggling to pick it up. Tears rolled down his pale cheeks as he studied the object unable to comprehend how something people used daily could be the cause of their demise. 

 

Too lost in his sorrow, Chanyeol didn't notice the men walk in with guns pointed at him, telling him that he was under arrest. When he did notice, it was too late. Simply dropping the knife while looking back at the policemen with wide eyes only made him more suspicious. A million thoughts ran trough his brain but there was one thought that stood out. Run. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol had always been a runner. He was part of the track team back in high school and was known for being the fastest runner in the entire school. Back then, he despised running and would always beg his mom to let him join any other sports team only to get rejected and instead, get yelled at for being disobedient. He never understood why the woman who barely fed him cared so much about some dumb sport but at that moment, as the police chased him in their cars with guns pointed at him, he couldn't help but be thankful.

 

Yes, he could just stop running and turn himself in. He was innocent so why would he risk his own life instead of just going with the police? 

 

He could imagine it all. He could picture the police finding out how much he loathed his abusive mom or that his mother was the sole reason his father killed himself. 

 

His gold-digger mother had trapped his previously rich father when she came with the news of her pregnancy. Despite not wanting to, he was forced to marry her at an extremely young age. When his parents died and he was responsible for his company, he couldn't maintain it and eventually, they were bankrupt. 

 

Thus, Chanyeol's mothers dream of luxury was shattered and so was her facade of being a loving wife. She turned to ion and would bring men back to their home, sleeping with them right in front of her husband and child. 

 

Chanyeol could still remember holding in his tears as him and his father watched sports with the volume all the way up in order to muffle the disgusting sounds his mother was making. His father did everything to distract him from the misery caused by his mother but it didn't work. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter