Bonded

Bonded

I'd do anything just to fall asleep with you

 

By day Jimin was okay, his thoughts were elsewhere and as were his emotions. At night, on the other hand, Jimin wasn't as peachy. It's not that Jimin was sad, he wasn't really, he was just lonely. He thought of what it would be like sleeping in someones arms rather than cold, empty sheets and sometimes the thought brought him to the verge of tears. At his ripe age of twenty-one he was beginning to wonder if he would ever really find his soulmate. Jimin had watched countless films and read numerous books on first meetings but at this point he thought of it more as rubish. He'd heard it described as a 'click' as two worlds collide. His parents always told him he'll know it when he feels it because it's an undeniable feeling. Jimin had also heard of people who never met their soulmate or people who meet their soulmate but are already in relationships and live on as friends, he couldn't picture it.

He curled in on himself on the double sized mattress. It felt to big to sleep in alone, too empty. He brought the blanket up to his chin, closed his eyes and whispered into the emptiness of his apartment.

"I know you're out there, I can feel you."

He sat in silence for a few moments wishing, praying for some kind of sign or feeling but when none came he broke the silence again.

"Please find me."

 

I'm thinking about you all the time but,

 You're out there and I'm here waiting

 

Yoongi, unlike Jimin, had completely given up on the idea of soulmates. A spiritual bond that drew two people together, Yoongi scoffed at the idea. He was plenty whole enough on his own. There was one time Yoongi thought he felt it, just one time, and it turned out to be the biggest mistake of his life when his 'soulmate' found her actually soulmate and married him not long after. Ever since then, Yoongi called bull on the idea of 'soulmates', 'life long partners', he thought himself better off alone and free of distraction so he could work on his music. Though, in the back of his mind he had to admit that maybe if he felt it and he really knew he did, just maybe, he could believe.

At twenty-four Yoongi acted as if he was over the idea of relationships, "Not for me." he'd say with a shrug. Yet, every night, he felt that undescribable bond with someone. He didn't know who that someone was but he liked to pretend that maybe it was his soulmate. The shrugging and tough talk were all pushed aside when he laid on his bed at night and felt a wave of loneliness wash over him. The emotions felt foreign, like they weren't his own.

They were awful.

If it was his soulmate he hoped to find them and take that feeling away forever, he couldn't describe how terrible and tight his chest felt at the idea. He'd decided to let his soulmate find him. If it was really real they would find him, he was atleast sure of that, if nothing else.

 

I need your help, I cant fight this forever.

I know you're watching, I can feel you out there

 

Over time the bond that Jimin felt only got stronger and stronger. It was so intense he couldn't push it aside anymore. He dreamt of sweet smiles of a stranger and songs he'd never heard before. Loneliness and want took over his thoughts and he longed for his other half.

Though Jimin didn't know it, some nights Yoongi stayed up late playing away the feeling of loneliness on the grand piano in his living room. Those nights Jimin was unable to explain the calm that washed over him and put him to sleep.

Jimin hoped that his soulmate would find him soon because the longing was starting to mentally hurt him in all the worst ways. Jimin was a very sociable person and just like any other, he needed love. While he watched everyone around him find their other halves and fall completely head over heals, he could only dream that someday he would also be complete. On the worst nights he cried himself to sleep and whispered, begged, his soulmate to find him because he couldn't take it anymore. Sometimes he could swear he heard a voice in his head answering back to him, cooing him to sleep. He really thought he was going crazy.

 

He says I need you now,

And I don't know why

 

Yoongi knew it was his soulmate the night he heard him in his head. "Him", who would've thought. It wasn't some kind of shining in his head where he could talk to the other but sometimes the bond was just so strong that he could make somethings out, if not words then emotions for sure. One night he laid awake in bed passed three in the morning, the loneliness too strong for him to fall asleep. He could swear he heard someone crying and he felt like he was going absolutely inside when he heard the word "please" rattle in his brain and not even five minutes later, "Find me." The intrusion in his head scared him half to death, causing him to jump up into a sitting position as if he'd just had a terrible nightmare. It felt even weirder when he sat whispering  series of shushes and 'I'll find you''s for over an hour. Yoongi could tell when the other had fallen asleep because it was as if the heaviest weight was lifted from his shoulders and he too, was able to sleep.

Yoongi started trying to get out more, coffee shops, theathres, parks, anywhere he could meet people and hopefully find the boy he'd been shushing to sleep every night.

It wasn't until he went out with a few friends to the local night club that he'd really felt the click.

 

I think it's best for him if I say goodbye

I think that I said it,

I know that I did.

Wish I could bite my tongue

 

As soon as Yoongi stepped through the doors he was overwhelmed with the connection he felt. He was immidiately drawn to the pink haired boy in the middle of the dance floor. It couldn't be but deep down he knew it was, the boy was too pure and innocent, Yoongi was no match. After having a few drinks silently beside his friends who were lost in conversation he stood with wobbly knees and made his way to the dance floor.

Yoongi awkwardly shimmied through the sea of people until he was staring at a mess of pink hair. Jimin slowly turned around, mouth pressed tight together and eyes closed. Jimin reached out his hand and Yoongi took it, both already all knowing. As soon as Yoongi's fingers hit Jimin's palm the youngers chest pulled into a cluster of tight knots. His brain felt as if it was about to short circuit, his heart hammered and he couldn't even find the left over strength to open his eyes. Yoongi jumped back from the touch immediately after feeling a shock. It was the top of shock you get after scuffing your feet on the carpet. At first he thought it really was a shock until he reached forward and grabbed the youngers hand again. He squeezed the youngers hand tight and felt the current run through his blood and cloud his mind in bliss. After the shock Jimin opened his eyes and stared at the man infront of him, black hair shaped nicely around his eyes and covering his forehead. Jimin, already feeling comfortable, reached forward to brush the hair away and Yoongi let go of the others hands quickly, backing away. Jimin looked at him confused and he could see the fear in Yoongi's eyes. Yoongi said something that couldn't be heard over the thrumming music and Jimin asked him to repeat himself but in his head, knowing that the bond was set and they were now able to talk this way. Yoongi's eyes flew wide open when he heard the voice of the other in his head. He quickly sent a thought back to the other.

"I'm sorry."

Jimin scrambled after him but the elder was already gone and Jimin thought he could physically feel his heart break. Tears started to drip down his face and he looked around for his friends, the entire mass of crowd around him staring back at him after they too knew exactly what just transpired. Jimin quicky took off out the bar without his friends and started bolting down the street towards his apartment almost screaming in his head.

"Why did you leave?"

"You don't like me?"

"Answer me, please." Jimin whined desperately.

He was met with nothing but the pulse in his head.

 

Both a little scared, neither one prepared

 

Yoongi swung his front door open and stomped into his room pounding on his temples, silently begging the voice to go away before giving in and whispering back.

"I can hear you."

"I know you can." Jimin answered back. "Why did you leave?"

"I'm scared."

"Why?"

"You're so beautiful."

Jimin's heart stopped in his chest at the compliment.

"So are you."

"I never even asked your name." Yoongi spoke back in his head, ignoring the compliment.

"Jimin."

"I'm Yoongi."

The two sat in their respectable rooms trying to process what was happening.

After a few minutes of mental silence Yoongi spoke back, regretting his earlier decision of running away and already feeling the unbreakable bond.

"I'm sorry, Jimin."

"Can you come over?"

Yoongi didn't answer. Jimin whispered back his address incase Yoongi was willing and the conversation came to an end.

 

Make me a promise here tonight

Love like a tidal wave

 

Yoongi knocked twice on Jimin's apartment door. Jimin opened the door right away and Yoongi realized the other knew he would come. They stood in the door way staring at eachother for literal minutes before Yoongi had the strength to step inside. Jimin shut the door behind him and Yoongi was expecting things to be awkward but he was proven wrong when Jimin wrapped tight around his waist.

"Did you sing for me?" Jimin asked aloud. "Did you hear me all those nights I talked to you?"

Yoongi nodded.

"I didn't sing, I played piano."

Jimin held onto him tighter and tears started to press into Yoongi's shirt.

"I knew you'd find me." Jimin spoke into Yoongi's chest.

Yoongi felt stupid about how selfish he acted earlier, only assuming Jimin would hurt him or he'd hurt Jimin. He felt the click, he knew this was real.

"Promise me you won't leave." Jimin spoke into Yoongi's chest again.

"I promise." Yoongi whispered, finally wrapping his arms around the younger.

Jimin begged Yoongi not to leave that night and he finally learned what it felt like to sleep in someone's arms. Their movements were cautious of one anothers limits but they were having a very hard time keeping their hands to themselves. After having months of Jimin speaking to Yoongi in his head at night and Yoongi playing until Jimin fell asleep, they finally had a face to put to the others voice and it was wonderful.

They sat in Jimin's bed, legs crossed and facing one another for hours. They talked about everything and anything until the morning light and even though they were already soulmates, they fell more and more in love with every word that left the others mouth.

When the morning light came up a pale blue, right before the sunrise, Yoongi cupped the underside of Jimin's jaw and pulled him closer. Their knees touching and their noses a hair apart. Yoongi took a deep breath before closing his eyes and before he had the chance to search for Jimin's lips they were already eagerly crashing into his own.

Jimin pulled away first, his eyes full of love and affection.

"I thought you'd never find me." He whispered.

"I told you I would." Yoongi whispered back before pulling Jimin onto his lap and into a bone crushing hug. " I told you."