The legend of Persephone 4

A Single Life Time, A Hundred Lifetimes, A Thousand Lifetimes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer : I only own this fanfic.

 

 

 

As the days passed, Miyoung, now called Tiffany by Sooyeon grew closer with each other. The Mania that the death Godess had with the Spring Godess now grew in to Eros. She saw that Sooyeon is not just a innocent naive girl.

No, Sooyeon was a well read girl, who had a hunger for more knowledge, and a desire to leave her presence in whatever she does. To Tiffany's pleasant surprise, Sooyeon blended in to her life of Underworld as if she belonged there. If she was not with Tiffany, badgering her with how she ruled the underworld or with Taeyeon, asking her how she managed the Underworld or with Seohyun, learning the dark arts from her, than she was in the grand Library of the Underworld, lost in the maze of thousands of books and scrolls preserved there. 

Sooyeon was much beyond being a wife, Tiffany realised, Sooyeon belonged by her side, ruling the Underworld with her. 

Sooyeon was destined to be a Queen with the qualities she possessed. 

And Tiffany would give her that. She would give Sooyeon the whole Underworld with all its power and riches on a platter to her love. But Sooyeon only wanted to rule the Underworld with her. And that made the Godess of the Underworld as happy as a woman who has drunk ambrosia.

Tiffany would no longer be alone.  She has someone by her side now, for eternity.

She has Sooyeon.

.

.

.

"Why did you ask me to call you Tiffany?"

The said woman looked up from her task of carving the pork roast in to thin slices for her beloved. Tiffany gave Sooyeon a soft smile, tinged with sadness and went back to preparing the dinner plate for the honey blonde, who was sitting up on the ornate golden engraved bed.

"Considering how much you love reading, I am sure you know about the conflict between Titans and Olympians?" Tiffany asked Sooyeon, slicing off few more slices of pork roast on the silver plate with a fork and knife.

Sooyeon noticed how tensed her Queen seems to be. Clearly she was uncomfortable with the topic, but is still indulging Sooyeon's curiosity. This made Sooyeon's heart warm, knowing how much Tiffany is trusting her and opening up to her, even when she was not willing to. 

"Yes, the conflict that led to Olympians wrenching the control of the Three Realms, Heavens, surface world and the Underworld from the Titans." Sooyeon said softly in a the silent air of the luxurious room. "It all started with a prophecy, right?"

Tiffany nodded, her hands busy with work, "My father Cronus, the King of the Titans tried to kill all his childeren because he was afraid of losing his throne." 

Miyoung closed her eyes briefly recalling the prophecy of the Oracle that had led to a father attempting to killing his own childeren . . . 

"Cronus the ruler of the Heavens, Surface and the Hell! 

Just like you stained your hands with the blood of patricide!

Your own blood will spill your blood! 

Beware of the Olympians Oh Titans!"

"My mother, Rhea who was also the mother of the first Olympians," Tiffany's eyes softened with love for her sweet, sweet mother "protected us from the wrath of our father. She hid us away on the Mount Olympus, away from Mount Othrys, the home of the Titans and my Father's capital."

Sooyeon looked at the Queen with empathetic eyes "You were very close with your mother?" She gently asked, "weren't you?"

Tiffany finally turned around to look at Sooyeon. She nodded at Sooyeon, her voice cracking with grief as she fondly remembered her mother, "I was the eldest child, but the most ignored. My father found my compassion for humans a weakness." 

"And then the prophecy happened." Sooyeon kept looking at her emotional Queen "My father was enraged. He fell in to the trickery of the Oracle and resolved to kill all his childeren." 

Tiffany looked at Sooyeon's caramel eyes head on and whispered what haunts her to this day,

"He ate two of my younger siblings right in front of my eyes. He gobbled them up...like they were just roasted pork. His own blood, his own childeren"

Sooyeon gasped, covering with hands. She could feel bile rising in . Just the thought of a parent killing their childeren in such a sick way . . .

She was horrified

Tiffany smiled gently to Sooyeon, attempting to relax her. She didn't mean to scare her love in such way. But she needed to get this off her chest. It had been haunting her for so long.

"My mother Rhea immediately sent all of us to Mount Olympus, commanding us not to return until we are prepared to attack Mount Othrys and ending Titans' reign once and for all." 

Sooyeon looked at her Queen meaningfully "That was the last time you saw your mother right?"

Tiffany smiled bitterly and nodded, returning back to her work. She started to assemble the dinner tray for Sooyeon. " My mother used to call me Tiffany. She said it meant divine compassion." 

Sooyeon smiled, thinking how the name fits so well on her gentle as candlelight Queen. Miyoung might look frightening with her title of 'Mistress of the Death' along with her even more frightening blood red eyes and black robes. But she was a honourable woman who just does her duties and loves Sooyeon  so much that Godess of Love would doubt her own self.

"I can't think of a better name for you, Tiffany." Sooyeon smiled proudly "And I am honoured that you have given me the privilege of calling you with a name so close to your heart." 

Tiffany hid her grin, as she placed a few baked potatoes and baby carrots on the silver plate along with a few slices of pork roast. 

Tiffany looked at her plating with satisfaction and brought the dinner tray to Sooyeon, sitting in front of her on the bed.

"Hearing my name in your beautiful voice is what honours me Sooyeon. " Sooyeon's cheeks were brushed with flecks of pink. She can never get over how the Queen can make her blush so easily by uttering a few sweet words. 

Tiffany smirked. She wondered how easily her Sooyeon could get flushed over a few simple compliments. It's one of the many things she loves about her.

Sooyeon pouted as she saw Tiffany pick a small piece of pork with her fork and lift it towards . "I can eat on my own you know, Seohyun has deemed me fully healthy now". But Tiffany just shook her head and nudged Sooyeon's lips with the fork,  who gave up in front of this over affectionate Queen.

Tiffany smiled widely,  her eyes turning to crescents as Sooyeon ate from her fork. 

"I know my to-be Queen. But I can't help pampering you." The Godess of Underworld brought a baby carrot towards Sooyeon's pouting lips 

"I love how your cheeks turn pink whenever I embarrass you afterall."

.

.

.

"You look absolutely ravishing in the clothes of Underworld, Sooyeon."

Tiffany can't help but admire how beautiful Sooyeon looked in the black velvety silk Toga. Tiffany's hand twitched as she resisted the temptation to brush her fingers on the smooth milky thigh that is revealed by a thigh high slit in the Toga. The ruby surrounded by diamonds necklace and earrings give Sooyeon a regal look.

She looked like a Queen. 

Tiffany can't help but smile at her last thought as she brushed Sooyeon's gold spun hair tenderly, her fingers gently uncurling any knots in the hair.

And she shall soon be my Queen.

Sooyeon smiled and looked at her Queen through the vanity mirror in front of her,  feeling flattered and powerful, seeing how much the Queen of the Underworld is under her spell. She noticed how Tiffany kept on glancing at her lips or her legs which are proudly on display. 

"Underworld suits me, don't you think my Queen?" Sooyeon asked Tiffany with a quirked eyebrow. She chuckled when she saw Tiffany's eyes showing pride and happiness.

I know how much it means to you for me to accept your realm of darkness, my Queen. And trust me my Queen, Underworld is now my home. 

I wish to stay by your side, to fill your lonely heart with my spring. 

For all eternity 

The Queen of death kept her brush down on the vanity table, done with her daily routine of grooming Sooyeon's hair. She bent down and placed her chin on Sooyeon's shoulder, her one arm wrapped around her shoulders and the other sliding the shoulder  strap of Sooyeon's Toga down.

"Yes..you have made underworld so much more worth living." Tiffany nuzzled her nose in the crook of Sooyeon's neck, making the girl flush to her s, and relaxing her shoulders to give more acess. 

Tiffany kissed her neck, finding the pulse and taking it in , it gently till blood came on the surface of skin, marking it red.

Sooyeon moaned as she lifted her hand to clutch Tiffany's head closer to her neck, and arched her spine, bringing both of their bodies closer. 

Tiffany hummed in pleasure as she bit the girl's pulse gently, and moved up her neck to her earlobe, gently it and tugging it with her teeth. Her one hand was firmly holding Sooyeon in place by the shoulder and the other was drawing circles on her exposed milky thigh.

"Tiffany...Ahh" Jessica opened her eyes and immediately moaned seeing the hot hungry stare Tiffany was giving her through the mirror. 

Moans and heavy breathing could be heard throughout the personal quarters of mistress of  the palace 

Sooyeon gasped, feeling the hand on her thigh skirt higher, so deliciously close to her throbbing center. She grabbed the Death Queen's hair more roughly, tugging it towards , desperate to have those addictive lips of death on her lips. 

They kissed like they were breathing each other. Tiffany lifted up the chin of Sooyeon, prying the sitting girl's mouth open with her tongue. Sooyeon gladly welcomed the pink muscle in , playing with it, while her hand kept tugging at Tiffany's hair.

They both finally separated, panting and flushed faces.

Sooyeon pulled her Queen closer, wounding her arms around the neck and rubbed her nose affectionately with Tiffany.

"Have I got better at kissing my Queen?"

The said Queen brushed her lips softly against Sooyeon's.

"So much better, in fact we should," She pulled Sooyeon closer, "join the dinner hall later"

"I have no complaints with that" Sooyeon breathed as she and Tiffany got lost in each other for the next hour.

Taeyeon was not pleased when they finally joined the dinner.

.

.

.

"What do you as Keeper of Scales do Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon looked at her to be queen walking alongside her, towards the Library. They both had decided to read the Odyssey together in the library today.

"To understand the role of Keeper of Scales, you need to understand the Scales first."

Sooyeon nodded

"I am listening."

Taeyeon chuckled "I wish your lover listened to me like you do Sooyeon ssi." She looked up at the high arched, white marble laid ceiling with lit chandeliers lining it, creating a kaleidoscope of light "It would make my job so much easier."

Sooyeon hummed in agreement "She is a immortal child in guise of a Godess. And you really babysit her well."

"Yes but never mind that." Taeyeon cleared , preparing herself for a lecture "Scales are the three entities of the Underworld, namely Irene, Seulgi and Seungwan. They are responsible for judging all the souls that enter the Underworld and allotting their residence based on how they lived in their lives."

Taeyeon looked at the attentively listening girl besides her "Mistress told you about those places right?"

Sooyeon nodded. Tiffany had explained to her the geography of the Underworld, and will also give her a personal tour of it tomorrow.

Fields of Elysium is where the extraordinarily good souls who have led a heroic life are sent to. It's one place in the Underworld where sunlight still reaches, as a part of Sun Godess Sookyu resides there. Tiffany said that Fields of Elysium are nothing but a place of eternal bliss and pleasure, having a eternal supply of food, wine and encompassed in meadows, gardens and mansions. Every mortal dreams of getting Elysium.

The souls who have lead a average life with nothing remarkable in it are made to drink the water of river Lethe, the river of forgetfulness. They forget their mortal lives, and are left to roam the dank, dark expanse of the Underworld with no purpose whatsoever. Tiffany said that is so because they had no real purpose in life as well. And so they remain aimless after death too.

Tartarus. The place where the river of fire Phelegthon flows from. It is a abyss of eternal torment and burning, where the most dangerous monsters of the three realms and Titans, who were defeated in the Titan war are kept imprisoned. The souls who have done the most heinous crimes are sent Tartarus for eternal punishment. Tiffany mentioned that the souls have to roll around heavy boulders repeatedly in immense heat as punishment. No mortal or even a divine ever wants to end up in Tartarus.

Taeyeon continued "Well as the Keeper of the Scales it is my duty to supervise the Scales" She shrugged her shoulders " You know, making sure that the judgements are fair and not biased. Also . . . " Taeyeon tapped her chin in deep thought  "I have to handle the judgements which the Scales are not capable of handling. Complicated cases involving souls who were high profiles in their life."

Sooyeon added to Taeyeon's description "And Miyoung presides over the cases even you are not able to judge, right?" 

"Yes, the judgements which have the pantheon directly involved or are very delicately complicated. Mistress handles them. Though such cases are very rare." 

Taeyeon looked at the piqued expression of her companion. She had not expected Sooyeon to take such keen interest in the workings of the Underworld. She thought that the Spring Godess would be just a trophy wife, another precious jewel in the crown of her mistress. 

Taeyeon smiled at her own misjudgement of character.

Sooyeon ssi is here to rule the Underworld with my lonely mistress, and not be a mere subject of the Underworld. And seeing how she has accepted this place where no sunlight or green grows, I am happy to serve the to be Queen.

"Taeyeon, is it alright if I join you in your duties? I wish to learn how to judge souls, before I join my Queen in assisting her at the throne room"

Taeyeon turned to look at her soon to be mistress. She admired the burning fire in those almond eyes, and resolved to teach Sooyeon the art of judgement as best as she could. Sooyeon will rule the Underworld soon, she needs to know how to.

Taeyeon will teach her that.

"Nothing would give me more pleasure then to have you as my apprentice."

.

.

.

"There is the gate of Tartarus, with the river of fire Phelegtho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter