The legend of Persephone 3

A Single Life Time, A Hundred Lifetimes, A Thousand Lifetimes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let's get the show on the road

Disclaimer : I only own this fanfic

 

 

 

Sooyeon looked around the lavish room in amazement.  Her eyes were wide open , taking in the absolute wealth and beauty of the room she is in.

She had never seen such display of fineness in her century long life. After all she was raised in Nihon, Temple of the Underworld. 

And no temple or perhaps even Olympus can match this lavish wealth.

She was comfortably resting on the Empress size four poster bed which had a mattress made of finest silk, as if woven from ivory and black velvet blankets. Her head was nestled on pillows as soft as clouds, capable of lulling even vampires to sleep.

But that's not all. The whole room spoke of the extreme riches of the mistress of this realm.

The room was decorated with finely sculpted marble statues, gold engraved furniture and had a golden chandelier with several precious gems embedded on it. The roof of the room was dome shaped, with gold and silver engravings of mythical creatures like dragons, centaurs and sirens. 

Seohyun giggled seeing the fascination on her to be queen's face

" Don't be so surprised Unnie, you are in the palace of illusions, the home of my mistress and the underworld.  And underworld is filled with precious metals and gems, as it is beneath the surface world" Seohyun patiently explained Sooyeon who was listening attentively. " That's why Queen Miyoung is also called as the Godess of wealth as all the wealth of the three realms is under her realm. " Seohyun concluded.

Sooyeon nodded in understanding.  She then recalled the woman who had grabbed her so roughly from the surface world, carrying her off to the underworld, a place with no sunlight, the realm of the dead and decay. 

And here is the Spring Godess in this realm that has no brightness or cheer of the spring.

But strangely, Sooyeon didn't feel a shred of anger or hate towards the Godess of death. Is it because of that soul reaching kiss they shared which had left her breathless in the dark woman's arms? Or is it the roguish appeal of the Queen Miyoung which can give Hyoyeon, the Godess of war a run for her money? Or is it her crimson eyes which flashed with so much hunger, lust and most of all immeasurable love ?

Or maybe it is because she is finally free of her overbearing mother?

Sooyeon frowned as she thought about her mother. 

Hyuna, the Godess of Harvest who brings harvest to the surface world and keeps the influence of winter away. Without her, the winter Godess Soojung, her cousin sister would cover the surface with snow and kill all the harvest. Hyuna is the most beloved Godess of the humans after Yuri and Sooyoung 

But Sooyeon didn't really care about that.

For Hyuna was a overprotective mother. She had caged Sooyeon in the Temple of Underworld where no human or divine dares to enter, scared by the haunting aura of the Temple. Her mother herself rarely visited her, finding the place too dreadful and suffocating. 

Leaving Sooyeon to grow up with the nature surrounding the Temple.

Strangely, the flora and fauna did not find the Temple or its premises frightening. AT ALL. They freely thrived under the Temple's watchful eyes and shared their life with the young Godess of Spring.

A very lonely Godess of spring

Sooyeon was trapped there for a century. With no one to talk to except the birds and animals. She understood her mother's reasons for this extreme isolation of her. She was extremely beautiful. Even the Godess of beauty and love was green with envy when the rumors of her beauty reached the Olympus. The divines were all hungry for a taste of her flesh. The Queen of heaven Yuri even sent her minions to kidnap her from the Temple.

But of course no one dared to step foot or even breath in the area encompassed by the aura of hell itself. 

Leaving Sooyeon desperate for any form of companionship. 

So when the tall dark crimson eyed woman suddenly grabbed her, kissed her Sooyeon returned her ardent dominant attention with least amount of resistance. She had never been showered with this much amount of attention, desire or love. 

But the Godess of Death had looked at her as if her whole world revolved around Sooyeon. And that touched her lonely heart so much that she instantly fell in to the arms of her kidnapper.

Consequences be damned!

Someone is looking at her!

Someone is willing to love her!!

And that's all that matters to Sooyeon.

" Are you scared Unnie? " Seohyun gently interrupted Sooyeon's  train of thoughts. The Spring Godess shook her head and replied " I have lived my whole life under the shelter of Underworld's Temple, so hell does not daunt me at all." 

Seohyun smiled " And what of the mistress of this palace and the realm of darkness.  Who also kidnapped you? Are you scared of her?" Seohyun questioned Sooyeon with a raised eyebrow. 

Sooyeon confidently answered back " She has made sure that I am well taken care of, and has also given me her personal quarters for rest" She blushed prettily and looked down shyly " So I don't think she has any malicious intents towards me..and the Godess of Hell is known for her fairness and sense of honour, so I believe in the end, she will treat me fairly.." 

Seohyun chuckled and nodded her head, satisfied to see her charge not panicking, but thinking rationally in the given situation I can see why you fell for her Mistress, she is beautiful with a perceptive mind...anyone one else would have been screaming red in her situation. " You are indeed right Unnie, the Queen of the Underworld is honorable. She will treat you fairly" Seohyun chuckled " Even though she had lost her senses at your first sight. " 

Sooyeon smiled at Seohyun " Please don't call me Unnie, I don't think I am older then you ummm" Seohyun trailed off, not knowing the name of her caretaker . Seohyun shook her head and replied

" Seohyun. I am Seohyun, the best mage of the underworld. I was tasked to remove the effects of Underworld's miasma from you. And to answer your question, you are three decades older them me, Sooyeon Unnie"

" How do you know my name? And that I am older then you?" Sooyeon asked with bewilderment. Seohyun laughed lightly " Oh Unnie the whole pantheon knows about you! They have heard several rumours of you. No matter how much you were hidden, some secrets did slip in through the cracks. Your beauty for example" 

Sooyeon blinked, confused that the pantheon knows about her, but she knew nothing of them. She has only heard tales from her mother..all of which had less then kind things about the Divines of the Pantheon.

Except Miyoung, whom her mother praised as the only Godess who has honour. I wonder if you will still think that mother? After knowing that the honourable Godess Miyoung has kidnapped your own daughter. 

"Behold!! The Queen of the Underworld is entering the quarters!!"  A guard with black leather armour came in and announced and stepped away, revealing the Godess of Underworld and her short heighted servant entering the lavish room. 

Sooyeon stared at the tall, dark Queen. She was a good head taller then Sooyeon and her crimson eyes and unruly waist length hair gave her a chaotic sharp look. She was dressed as what be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter