The legend of Persephone 2

A Single Life Time, A Hundred Lifetimes, A Thousand Lifetimes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: I only own this fanfiction.

 

 

"ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY OUT OF YOUR MIND? HAS YOUR BRAIN DECAYED SO MUCH WITH YOUR TIME SPENT IN HELL!!!"

Taeyeon was furious at her mistress...

Big time

"You are overreacting Taeyeon.  Sooyeon will be fine. The miasma of the hell takes some getting used to. But since Sooyeon was a surface dweller it overwhelmed her and she fainted as soon as we reached the gate of Cereberus. No big deal. Seohyun is working on healing Sooyeon and will make sure to properly assimilate her to the miasma."

Miyoung shrugged and pretended that everything was absolutely fine.

But the insides of her mind was a complete opposite narrative

How could I be such a idiot!!!

I am a utter imbecile!!!

Bringing Jessica to hell without any sort of protection chant in place....she could have died!

I totally overestimated my authority and power over hell! Even I am not capable of controlling the miasma of death and it's affects!!

The miasma of death is aura that stenches the hell is what makes hell,  'hell'. Without this miasma hell is just a just a place with skulls and bones and souls wandering around. Miasma gives hell the dreadful and suffocating air it is infamous for.

But it's most important function was to bind the souls residing in hell. So that they don't go off wandering to the surface world and cause havoc to the human civilizations. 

Humans have enough to deal with. A Godess of Heaven and a Godess of Ocean are giving humans much grief already. They don't need or deserve wandering souls too.

The miasma obviously has to be strong and lethal enough to even keep souls and the three headed guard dog of hell Cereberus within the boundaries of hell. 

So it wasn't any wonder that it miasma is fatal to any mortal

A fact which Miyoung conveniently forgot in her eagerness to forever bind the spring maiden to her side. She thought that the her authority over hell and her mere presence would keep the aura of death away from her precious treasure. 

But hell listens to no one. Not even its Mistress. 

What if Sooyeon was just a mere mortal? She would have surely perished then!! Even I with all my powers could not have saved her!

NONO!

Stop it Tiffany! 

Nothing like that happened...she is safe in your palace! And Seohyun with her wizardry over the healing arts would heal my Sooyeon back in no time. 

Hahaha!!! See no worries. So calm down Tiffany.  Don't lose control..don't destroy the whole hell just because your Sooyeon fainted! It's not big deal! 

Oh who am I kidding? 

 

OF COURSE IT'S A BIG DEAL

 

My Sooyeon....My Sooyeon fainted because of my carelessness.  Didn't I promise myself to protect her from anything and everything?  

And look at  what I have done?

Just in our first meeting which was supposed to be all passion and love making I made her drop to the ground.....instead of dropping her in my bed...

Miyoung's eyes narrowed at her thoughts. She tusked and turned away from Taeyeon to hide her ever growing scowl on her face . She clenched her fists to stop their constant trembling over the various images of her beloved Sooyeon's dead body her mind is conjuring. 

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and vowed to herself to never ever let this happen again. To not let her passions for the spring maiden run wild over her duty of protection towards her

Never..never again. 

I will have my Ravens keep a constant watch on her....who cares if it's stalking and creepy? I love her and I wish to keep her safe. 

Nothing wrong with that right?

Miyoung tuned out Taeyeon's rantings on 'how much of a careless and useless queen she was'. Her mind became engrossed with plans of 'keep watch on Sooyeon forever'...they were frankly all very disturbing and downright invasion of privacy. 

But then would you expect respect of privacy from the mistress of death? 

Hmm...no 10 ravens are not enough....I should at least keep 25 of them to make sure that she is monitored from 'all' angles....

 

"...and of all the women on the surface, you went ahead and kidnapped the daughter of Hyuna!  Do you have any idea who Hyuna is?! She is the crazy, over possessive, over protective Goddess of Harvest!!! And she has a daughter complex the whole Greek pantheon shivers at!'

This captured her attention. She turned towards Taeyeon with a face of a child.

"Wait...Sooyeon is the daughter of Hyuna? "

Miyoung was confused....from what she knows Hyuna had no daughter.

"Taeyeon the last time I visited the pantheon gathering, Hyuna visited alone. And you know that that all the attendees have to bring their whole family in to attendence at the gathering on Olympus.  It's one rule my sister implements dutifully."

So that she can scout out all the beautiful women of the divine world...tch...what a lecher.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the mistress and gave her 'are you ing serious' face.

"The last time you attended the gathering was over millennium ago! You have been holed up in your palace of illusion for over a millennium you idiot!"

Miyoung raised her hands up in defeat. 

" Fine...fine you make a valid point, I should go out more...no need to press it more TaeTae."

The little servant harrumphed and folded her arms. She looked at her mistress with disdain and breathed deeply, in preparation for another long rant on how careless her mistress is.

Oh no, here comes another lecture on how much of a idiot I am! I must distract her.

Miyoung has known her servant long enough to recognise the signs of a coming long lecture by her dutiful but stubborn servant.

"So when was Sooyeon born? And how? And why didn't you bother telling me about her! I would have stolen her away much before. You wasted so much time Taeyeon! I could have used all this unspent time with her!"

Miyoung fired off her questions with growing annoyance.  She was really furious over the fact that she got to know about this beauty so late. If her servant would have bothered to tell her before then she could have prepared better for the arrival of her dear Sooyeon. Instead of kidnapping her so roughly and losing total control. And making a fool out of herself  

Miyoung shook her head  in disappointment at her servant.

"I send you to the Olympus to represent me and to inform me of anything that is of my interest. And you didn't bother telling me about Sooyeon!  I am so disappointed in you Taeyeon."

Taeyeon's jaw slacked open hearing the accusations of her mistress. 

How dare she blame ME for her lack of life?! I  attendeded all the pantheon gatherings on her behalf  which are nothing but shameless display of beauty and power by those buffoons...and she dare say that I didn't do my duty well!!!

HELL NO!

It is you who never bothered to show interest in men OR women ever since I know you! I thought you were chaste! So why should I tell you about the spring maiden?

You NEVER bothered to show interest in the Pantheon. 

AT ALL.

Taeyeon bristled at her mistress's utter lack of gratitude towards her services and fired right back at her

"You...you never bothered to show interest in women ! Hell you didn't even more show interest in hearing my reports of the pantheon OR the surface world! All you were concerned with was brooding in your palace and ruling hell! So don't blame this on me!"

Miyoung turned away from her angry servant started to walk away in annoyance 

"OK fine I was a hermit. I get it. But if you don't have any further information on Sooyeon then excuse me,  I am going to visit my flower."

Taeyeon immediately shut up and lunged at her mistress who was very eager to see her love. But her pesky servant grabbed her arm and turned her around.

"OK, ok fine. No more lectures."

Miyoung smirked and cocked her head to the left.

"Promise?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the antics of her childish mistress .

By the Godess of Thunder....I can't believe this woman has command over death.

"Yes, yes. Now all I know about your lady love is that she was born over a century ago, maybe 113 years ago don't know the exact number...."

M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter