Bloody Thanks

CHANBAEK One Shots

 


The night was dark, dark as in there were barely any lights on in the street. No other people passing and walking around and the silence was certainly deafening. The wind slowly blows every plastic trash on the ground and that was making another sound other than his own steady breathing. The job wasn't that easy for him nowadays like it did years ago. He would spend more time every night now, waiting to catch his target. Fortunately, the next target wasn't far enough and is apparently working during night shift that left him with no choice but to wait patiently. After hours of waiting under the dark silent night, the target finally came out from his work. He followed him byhis gaze and next, he was tailing behind. The target turns left and right several times, probably sensing that someone's following him. It wasn't hard for him to catch up when his target started sprinting for his life. Just a single pull on the trigger of his gun made his target stop running and also breathing. The loud sound of the gunshot lingered and echoed around the city and bloods scattered fast on the ground meters away from him. 

 

 

 

×××

 

 

 


Chanyeol stared at the bullied nerd at the corner but he chose not to interfere. He was just watching the commotion happening in the corner of their room and didn't look away from the boy sitting in pain under all the other boys. But when he saw the nerd clenching his fist and bruises started to appear on his white skin because of the punches and kicks the bullies are throwing at him, Chanyeol couldn't helo but walk through and shove all the bullies away. They probably won't fight back since they were all scared of his surname. Not because he's tall and was capable of fighting. His surname says how strong he was. 

"Are you okay?" He offered the nerd a hand but he pushed it away and ran passed Chanyeol. 

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun...

 

 

 

×××

 

 

 

 

 

"What happened?"

"Rich brats." Baekhyun muttered as he wiped some blood off from the corner of his lips. 


"Want me to teach them a lesson?" 


"No. No need. They're not worthy of our time." 


"You're right." 


Kim Jongin. His only trusted acquaintance came to his apartment every after school hours. They didn't seem to know each other in school but they are close, especially during work. 

"Joonmyun hyung sent me the email already."
"Hm." 
"Want this? Or shall I?
"You go ahead. I'll pass."
"Well, then. I'm off."

Right after Jongin left, he found himself tossing his gun in his hands. Playing and twirling it in his fingers like it was a normal thing to do. Boredom strikes him and regretted he didn't take the job insted. 


"I should've gotten that job."
He sighed and just laid down on his bed.

 

 

 

 

 

×××

 

 

 

 

 

Pretending to be lame and clumsy . Baekhyun could probably break their bones in a second and make them all cry in pain. He felt pathetic everytime he gets beaten up but he need to keep his anger, he might really fight back soon. His temper is reaching its highest point. These rich bastards had no other way of having fun, really. Baekhyun pitied them. 


"I told you to get lost right?" That deeo voice again.

 

 

 

Park Chanyeol...

 

 

"I-I can handle m-myself."


"Really? Then why are you always sitting down there and letting them kick and punch nearly the life out of you?"


"It's none of your business."
Baekhyun stood up and dusted himself off and again, ran passed Chanyeol. Without even saying thank you to Chanyeol for the past months he had helped him. 

 

The words from Joonmyun played like a broken disk in Baekhyun's mind. 
"Detach yourself from anyone."
That is Baekhyun's second job. And he's kind of good at doing it. 

 

After filling his bottle of confusion about Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol decided to follow him. He really has something in those brown orbs of his that hids something deep. Everytime he gets beaten up, those eyes doesn't seem to be scared at all. Chanyeol observed. Baekhyun's eyes seems to be telling him that there's something. His eyes feels like he's so done with life and he had given up. Chanyeol wasn't really sure. But he was sure, it was always blank. And Chanyeol wanted to know if it was really empty or was it just a mask. 
The brunette walked himself home alone as Chanyeol noticed. He was following Baekhyun from behind. The guy barely have any friends. Baekhyun's mysteriousness excites Chanyeol.  Baekhyun entered a building in which Chanyeol assumed where Baekhyun lived. He didn't enter and decided to just stay outside and wait for a couple of minutes for something to happen. After thirty minutes, a small figure came out, Chanyeol was sure that's Baekhyun. He was wearing all black, black leather jeans, jacket, cap and mask. 

"Why do I always gets the night job?"
"Because you like it?"
"Whatever hyung."
"Don't make a fuss now. Your target will surely excite you. He's one of the head."
"Still not the head?" 
"We'll go there slowly. We need to plan it all out. There's no rush Baekhyun."
"Right."


Baekhyun turned off his earpiece as he wandered around the dark city again. He patiently waits for his prey that was once a predator years ago. Baekhyun waited until he finally came out from the high class condominium building. 


Chanyeol had followed Baekhyun until they reached Chanyeol's condo building. A question of why and what is Baekhyun doing and waiting outside ruahed through his mind. Was he perhaps waiting for Chanyeol? But why would he wait for him? To thank him from saving him from bullies everytime? That's the only thing he did for Baekhyun anyways. Chanyeol shrugged his thoughts off and waited until Baekhyun do something again. After an hour and a half, he was still waiting and is frozened by the cold breeze. A man came out of the building and he saw Baekhyun follow him from behind silently. Why was he following Mr. Choi? Chanyeol was confused once again but he never stoppes following the two. Mri. Choi is one of the shareholders of his father's financial firm as far as his care would mind caring. The two went deeper to some unknow street and Chanyeol lost travk of them. He was lost and the other two was nowhere in sight. 

 


Great.

 


Chanyeol sighed in defeat and in frustration as he walked back to his condo building, not even knowing what is Baekhyun up to and his intention to Mr. Choi. 

 

 

 

 

 

×××

 

 

 

 


"Shareholder of Park Financial, Mr. Choi Siwon was found dead early this morning. He was found with several stabs in his body that killed him on the spot. No one still knows.... "


The news went on but Chanyeol's mind was all what the 's. 


What the ?


His confusion made his world spinning and he can't understand the next lines about Mr. Choi's sudden death on the news. How did it happen? He just saw Mr. Choi last night. How did it happen so fast? He just saw him alive last night, walking and running and... Baekhyun.

He immediately rushed towards their room and found Baekhyun sitting there alone, eating his packes lunch. Their eyes met and Chanyeol's was wide and Baekhyun's was confused. Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun's innocent looking orbs. 

"What?" Baekhyun glares at him this time but Chanyeol's breathe was still fast. If Chanyeol was right, he can't believe what he was seeing, two side of Byun Baekhyun unravelled before his eyes in less than 24 hours.


"N-Nothing."


He stepped back and ran and ran and ran as he thought that running would erase the thought of the possibility that that nerd just murdered Mr. Choi last night was almost eighty percent. 

 

 

 

 

×××

 

 


• One month later •

 

 

"Park Chanyeol?"
"Yes, your classmate."
"Why? Isn't he too young back then when it happened?"
"Well, yes, but his father wasn't. Cho Kyuhyun confessed to Joonmyun last night. His father was the mastermind."
"But.. would it be better if we murder him directly insted of his son?"
"He needs to suffer first, like we did."
"But- "
"Baekhyun? Why are you hesitating now? Are you close with that son of the devil?"
"What, no. I just.. "
"Whatever its is Baekhyun. Do it for our family. Justice will be finally ours." Baekhyun hungs up but he felt heavy. 

 

They wasted no nights and plans everything perfectly. Jongin collected all information about Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun doesn't seem to be interested at first but he thought it's going to be a piece of cake for him like killing that Choi bastard. They all deserve it afterall. 


It probably should be easy for him if Chanyeol hadn't been nice to him since he stepped on to the uni. It really should be easy if Chanyeol wasn't so nosy and minded his own business. Damn Chanyeol. 


The night came that he was ready to kill Chanyeol. His address was the same as Choi but his room was way up. He climbed up until he reached the rooftop. Baekhyun thought of just knocking on his door and saying, "Hi, I'm here to kill you." but he doesn't want Chanyeol to see him. When he reached the rooftop, he put on a mask and locked his harness tight and started climbing down. He landed quietly on Chanyeol's apartment balcony. With steady steps, he neared the dark room and slides open the glass door silently as he could. Chanyeol was really careless, he left the door unlocked that helped Baekhyun open it perfectly. The room was quiet and dark and Baekhyun was feeling nervous for the first time. 


"You can do this." He muttered to himself and sighed. 

Baekhyun pulled his gun from behind and pointed it towards the bulged figure on the bed. His breathe became unsteady and his hands became sweaty. 
This is for my family. Your father killed my family. So I'm going to do the same to your father. 

He was about to pull the trigger when lights went on that momentarily blinded Baekhyun. Without any delay, Baekhyun runs towards the door while adjusting his sight. But someone locked it. 
Some big hands took both of his hands, snatched his gun away and pushed him backwards that he landed on the bed. His arms are both held on his side by someone he can't clearly see. 

"I knew it." that deep voice again.

 


Park Chanyeol...

 


Baekhyun's heart started beating so fast and his vision finally became clear. He saw Chanyeol above him. Staring at him intently. How did he know? 


"You're quite good at acting." Chanyeol smirked and stared directly on his eyes. Baekhyun looked away. 
Chanyeol leaned closer, his nose touching Baekhyun's cheek. 


"Killing me won't shake that devil's ty conscience. I'm sure he doesn't even have it."
Baekhyun looked back at him with confusion. How did he really know?
Chanyeol got up and released Baekhyun. He walked around the room while Baekhyun watches him.

"Why are you doing this?" Baekhyun finally asked.


"Well, you see, I think we're on the same side. He killed my mom but said it was some kind of accident. I saw it. I saw ll his demonic activities. I kept silent for years but when I heard a group of people are hunting all his demon comrades down and kills them, I feel delighted and I foresee that you'll come to me and kill me too to get sweet revenge on him.


"You're so wrong right there though. He wouldn't care. He really wouldn't care if his only son got murdered because of his crimes. He won't feel guilty at all. And I heard he was doing it again. The massacre."


Baekhyun flinched at the word. The memories came back at him like it happened just a minute ago. He nearly teared up but he held it in. 


"So I'm advising you to just kill him directly and as soon as possible so it won't happen again."

He never saw Chanyeol looked so serious before. His eyes are already talking with his soul. Baekhyun sighed and his heart feels a little light. He wants to say something but he could just smile at Chanyeol. Baekhyun went out of Chanyeol's room. Not on the same path he entered but in a proper way. He takes his time going out of the building. He was thinking. 
The moment he stepped out of the building, his phone rang. 


"Jongin."


"Are you done?"


"Change of plan." 

 

 

 

 


×××

 

 

 

 


After telling the team what happened when his attempt to murder Chanyeol failed, the plan changed. One night passed and the day came. Baekhyun was ready to kill. 

He walked on the dark cold city again. This time, he could feel like it's the last time he would walk down like this. He was wearing his usual all black attire and a gun was hidden behind his back. 


Old Park was living alone in this so huge mansion. Despite having so much money, he has nothing to spend it on. So his greed just increased and increased. A ing bastard. He ing massacred a small town just to build his own private casino. His town refused his offer of money but Old Park really wants their land. So he did what he did. Thinking all about it again made his eagerness to kill Old Park to rise to its highest point. He reached the mansion and he was shocked that it's so huge, it's almost as huge as a mall. A huge door welcomed him and a passcode lock. Jongin suddenly talked and dictated the passcode. They managed to decode the password last night when they spied on him. It became easy for Baekhyun to enter again. But it was a struggle to look for the master bedroom because of the hugeness of the house. He knows where it's located but everything was dark. And he should stay quiet as possible. After many turns to right and left and climbing stairs, he reached the room. 

 

Finally.

 

The room has a passcode lock too but of course, he knows the password. Baekhyun opened the door silently. He entered smoothly and he heard a snoring sound somewhere. The Old Park was soundly asleep. And that's good. He pulled his gun from behind and walked near the bed. He pointed his gun in Old Park's temple that made the old man awaken. 

"W-Who are you?" The old man stuttered. Baekhyun smirked behind his mask.

"Me? Someone you killed."

"What? W-What are you talking about?!" 

"Shh. Don't raise your voice or I'll get surprised and pull the trigger. Do you want that, hm?"
Baekhyun pressed his gun harder on the old man's temple. 


"What do you want? Money?"


"No. You can have all your ing money on your own. ing drink it all, I hope you drown. But I'll make sure you won't die from that because I'll kill you myself."


"Shut up kid. You don't know what you're doing. Once you step out of here, I'll have you and your family killed. How dare you theaten to kill me inside my own house?"


Baekhyun laughed. 


"You don't have to do that! You'll only tire yourself. You killed my family long time ago. Remember the massacre?"


Old Park remained silent. 


"You won't get away from this."


"So are you."

Baekhyun pulled the trigger. He got tired talking and hearing Old Park's voice. He grabbed the dead man's hand and placed the gun in his hands. He grabbed some paper from his pocket and opened it and spread it on the bloody bed. It was a hand written letter. Written by some expert of copying people's handwriting. 

 

His heart felt light. It's over. It was all over. 

 

 

 

 

 

×××

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun managed to get out of the mansion without any suspicion. He also managed to hide under all the cameras scattered around house. He did well. 


The night was cold but he felt warm. They finally had justice. But not in a good way. They doesn't deserve good anyway. 

After walking, Baekhyun found himself outside Chanyeol's room. Without hesitating, he knocked. 

Chanyeol woke up by the knocks on his door. It's 2AM in the morning. Who would've thought of disturbing him this time of the night. He rose and walked up to the door anyways. He opened the door with sleepy eyes and saw someone familiar. Someone small. And that someone is crying. 

 

Byun Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun felt small whenever he's beside Chanyeol. He even felt smaller while crying infront of Chanyeol. His mind was blank and he can't say any words again. He just slowly walked closer to Chanyeol and kissed him. 

Chanyeol's senses became wide awake. But he slowly closed his eyes as if he wanted to sleep again if this were just a dream. Baekhyun is still crying and he don't know why. His hands finds its way on the smaller's waist. Baekhyun stayed still while their lips are still connected. 

Baekhyun was the first one to break apart. He didn't look at Chanyeol who's confused for sure. 

 

 

 

"Thank you... for everything." 

 


Baekhyun softly said while looking down then he turned around and walked away. 

Chanyeol, who is still confused wanted to stop him but he was still frozened and his heart was beating fast. He still had the chance to ask Baekhyun tomorrow. Chanyeol closed the door and went back to sleep.


Heart still pounding and stomach still fluttering. 

 

 

 

 

 

×××

 

 

 

 

"Director of Park Financial commited suicide and left a letter of confession about all his covered-up crimes."


Baekhyun did it. Chanyeol knows now why Baekhyun acted that way last night. He hurriedly prelared for school to see Baekhyun. He felt a different excitement while he runs to their school and the thought of seeing Baekhyun's face. He never felt like that before. 

 

The moment he stepped foot inside their room with excitement, he saw everyone looking all gloomy and crying. He walked towards his desk and found a letter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hi, Park Chanyeol. I'm sorry if I won't be around from now on. I just can't take it anymore. After having what I wanted for years, I felt so happy. I lost everything because of your father. We shared this kind of feeling right? Justice, we finally had it. But after killing your father, I realized something, it won't bring my family back to life. It won't change anything in my life now. I had lived my life seeking for revenge that I already died in the process. I didn't live my life well. Because someone took my family. And there's no one left to care about me. But you, you made me felt alive. By caring about me. I couldn't say thank you all the time you saved me from those bullies. I could beat them all in one kick you know but thank you. Thank you for everything. That was the first time someone cared about me and even protected me. Sorry if I kept ignoring you everytime you did that. It's just that I'm blinded by revenge that I turned into someone so distant from people. I shouldn't get attached to anyone. It will ruin everything. But you're so nice. A total opposite of your demonic father. Are you sure you're his son? He's a demon but he had an angel son. Thank you so much for existing in my dark life. I'm full of everything bad in this world. I had killed so many people. I am nothing more like your father. I am a demon too. After killing him, although I was contented, I felt guilt all over me. It never left me actually. Everytime I kill someone, guilt was next to me. Almost like a twin. But I need to be tough. For my family who died and for us who survived but suffered. 


This is getting longer. I wish I could tell you everything in person but I need to go somewhere very far, I'm afraid we'll never see each other again. I wrote this letter because I think you'll be searching for me and ask things. I'm here to say, please don't find me. Just know that I'm somewhere safe and I'm happy wherever I am. 


Please live a happy life. 
Goodbye, Chanyeol. 
I'll always be beside you. 

 

From, Baekhyun

 

 

 

 

Ps. Also, thank you for being my first and last kiss. "

 

 

 


Chanyeol's tears won't stop flowing. He's a sobbing mess as he tried to wipe it off from his face and stood up. 

 

"Where did Baekhyun go?" 


He asked. Everyone looked at him like he should know the answer himself but Chanyeol doesn't know. 

 

"He.. didn't tell you in that letter?"
Chanyeol shook his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Chanyeol was running. 
Chanyeol was crying.
Chanyeol felt stupid that he didn't even stop Baekhyun from leaving last night.
Chanyeol was sorry. 
Now, Chanyeol won't have the chance to see him again.
And tell Baekhyun that he was Chanyeol's first kiss too. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun... committed suicide."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

• fin •