~TEASER~

PETRICHOR — Soulmate|Hanahaki AU (Zhang Yixing)

Destiny is one big fat , you’ve known that ever since you learned about the very basic concept of soulmates. Apparently, being born with your soulmate’s name already tattooed on your arm is a rare case. A lot of reasons can cause this unique phenomenon, but yours was humiliating.

Now that you think about it as an adult, it’s not as shaming as it was when you were younger, but the people around you made you believe that it was. And you dragged that belief along with you until now in college.

Even just a single letter of the name or a small peek of skin on your arms show, it gives you the most exasperating panic attacks. You couldn’t even show your arms to anyone other than your mother, but slowly, with the help of your psychiatrist and the people around you (aka your mom, her best friend that you call aunt and her husband) you can now finally show your bare arms to the people who you were close with. But then a cover-up of a cardigan is still needed when you’re in public as it acts like a mobile version of a safety blanket for you.

All your close friends say that it’s okay, but you still hide your arms anyway, away from the public eye by wearing long-sleeved shirts. Hot summer days are the worst because you can’t wear the pretty dresses you own without wearing any thin cover-ups.

Normally, your soulmate’s name will only appear when you finally met them, but you’re part of the 3% of the world’s population where you were born with their name already embedded on your skin.

~~~~~