Third quarter

Two moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hyesung

People often have two faces. Those with great experience may have even more. That does not stop us from living though and made us question how cynical we are to some extent. At the end of the day we can say we do not live just for ourselves, but for our shadows and lights too. The most important thing between those two is balance. In a strange way, you can make peace with demons too.

That was a thing Shin Hyesung could not. He was an ordinary guy but his life was difficult due to his unlucky fate. Every little thing he did seemed rather off and he did not doubt the fact that others could do better in life with what he had. The older he got, he ran out of luck. He lived a normal childhood, in a normal school and family. The star of the school he was not, but did not caused trouble and passed all his subjects. At the recommendations of his family he studied Economics and had a normal student life; he studied, partied, loved and drank gallons of coffee. After graduation he even got a job with the help of his father’s friend. At that point in his life he was used to submit to the elders’ decisions regarding his career. He was not that opposed to that course of destiny because of a single reason: he did not have something special in mind anyway. He loved to do many things and hated a few, but nothing really shined in his heart.

After a few years of working in that small firm, his life had a color: gray. His subconscious may have been fed up with his indifference to the world so he decided that he did not want to feel nothing. Instead he wanted to feel everything. There were so many clichés of happiness and he wanted to be cheesy to taste them all.   

 For the first time in his new adventure, the luck was on his side. He met a girl and knew everything was going to change. The girlfriends he had in the past did not compare to his Soyou and despite a slight , things were going smoothly between the two lovers. They met when Hyesung was marking another to-do point from his list which was clubbing. All the girls from all the clubs he went were the same, wearing the same fitted and short dresses. Except, of course, for his beloved Soyou, she did not match the environment, she literally shined in his eyes. She was not that different from the other girls in term of looks, but she got that star in her heart that made her stand out in Hyesung’s eyes.

Their dating period included matching outfits, late night calls and plush toys. He often accompanied her to her beauty appointments felt like a lap-dog at the beginnings, but did not mind that much after he came up with an idea of killing time: he read some books that were on his wish list. She was an expensive women but Hyesung had his economies from his years of doing nothing but work. And if she was happy, he was happy. The third part in this story that was happy was his family who stopped pressuring him with starting a family and demanded they met Soyou more often. He was not that keen to tie the knot so fast and Soyou was against the idea even more, her excuse was youth.

The conflicting situation came when he began suspecting Soyou of having another playmate. Love is the moment you realize you would give yourself to make someone else happy but Hyesung was not going to jeopardize his chance of his long awaited chance to happiness to the caprices of a woman, no matter how dear she was to him. And the moment he realized he could let go, he knew that something was wrong with his love. One does not come so easily with the abandoning idea if they truly and forever love their soul mate. Forever was a term that kind of scared Hyesung because not long ago he thought he was caught forever in that dull life of his. If his love was so shaken by a small infidelity, they could not call each other soul mates anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter