Waning gibbous

Two moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel

Daniel was never upset of the attention his younger brother was receiving because he was aware it was fair. The fact that his brother never looked down on him was also helping. All that hours spending studying could not teach you how real life works and Daniel wanted to infuse that to his younger brothers. That respecting others is more important than how many certificates and diplomas you have.

He was trying to be a man of honor and live his life with his principles untouched. A modest life was the most suitable for him and he was lucky enough to find early that simple pleasures everyday are the key to happiness. With school he managed well, being one of the Ong brothers said its word, his smartest, however, did not come from books too much, but from experience.

Despite his young age, he had a part time job. That does not sound like something spectacular, but he was working at a mechanic shop and his cleverness and hard-working nature made him stand out that he soon became his boss right hand. He was making money, gain experience and doing what he loved the most. Knowing this made Daniel cherish his faith daily and thank God for his kindness.

His love for repairing things came most probably from his father who worked at an old cars park. During his childhood he spend many hours wandering at that place, looking at them and getting to know how they function and what kind of attention and skill they need to be repaired and the strength to let go of the worthless one and maybe transform them into something new. So much time spend there revealed to him a philosophy of life. Every car deserved a closer look and even when there is no more use in trying to repair it, its pieces can still be taken advantage from. The key was to have a sincere wish to repair it. The same worked for humans and Daniel decided he was going to be honest both to his cars and the people he came in interaction with.

His father did not help him at all with getting his job at the mechanic shop. He was very proud his son did that all because of his knowledge and hard work without any intercession. He knew his son was not a gullible boy and that gave him trust to not worry about him too much. None of his sons hampered him, to be honest. So when Daniel exposed to him the idea to buy himself a motorcycle and be his partner in telling his mum the news, his father agreed with the logic that knowing how one functions, he would not have any problem in riding one. They convinced the mother but there was still one little big problem. Money. Daniel knew his family could not make this financial effort all of the sudden, but they agreed they would all gather all the money they could over time. Until then Daniel could learn and get all the paper work required for riding something like that. Dreams are not dreams if they happen in a second.

At school, Daniel made a decent job and excelled only at the subjects where he had experience or needed hand work. He was sociable and kind and because of his easy going nature he made some good friends. His physique might have brought him a lot of admiration from young girls, but his strength gave him some problems as well. Some of the older boys thought Daniel was a perfect asset for their good to nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter