Healing

Tall, Short, Short, Tall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a way, Seungcheol and Wonwoo were very similar. They both had this obstinate perseverance in whatever they had set their minds on. Jihoon had turned up in school one day with a pack of burgers from their favourite joint, only to give it away too eagerly to a hungry teammate of his. When Minah asked him about it on their way to class, he'd said that Seungcheol had ordered it for him especially and he was not giving in principally, even if the older male was not watching. Wonwoo, on the other hand, still liked to strike conversations with Minah more than anyone else, but she was glad to observe that her brother was now more proactive in inserting himself into lunchtime conversations too. The introverted Wonwoo was warming up to her brother quickly, if not to his food certainly. 

 

Shockingly, Wonwoo actually asked Minah to join a poetry reading at a cafe nearby after school. It was asked in a discreet manner, at the quartet's usual lunch spot, right after Jihoon and Mingyu had carelessly left them there as they headed off to tend to other matters first. The bespectacled male pulled out a neatly folded pamphlet out of his jacket's pocket, before informing Minah about the event that he was so looking forward too. Unfortunately for her, pulling up Jihoon or track practice aided nothing in the rejection at all because it was a week-long event and Wonwoo was more than happy to wait till Friday. She didn't exactly dislike the idea of hanging out with her friend, but a part of her figured that it would probably be healthier to keep her distance. 

 

"Sure thing, Friday it is." She said with a bittersweet smile. 

 

Wonwoo's satisfied grin was one of those images she was sure would etch into her mind for the rest of the week as she cooked up with ideas on how to bail on the meeting. Meanwhile, she had other worries to attend to. She didn't even have to think about them, because at this very moment they were strutting angrily up to her in the form of Yerin and Eunha. 

 

"I don't like that expression you were wearing with Wonwoo," Yerin said in a voice that made Minah think of Mean Girls, "don't think you're above us. When a cute boy pays attention to someone as unattractive as you, at least be grateful about it."

 

"Don't forget track practice is today. Oh wait, does it even matter if you turn up at all given your records?" Eunha added with an unpleasant twitch to the corner of her lips. 

 

Minah was left by herself for a while in the courtyard, with the sun shining mercilessly on her. The bell for the next period had rung five minutes ago when the evil duo had left, but Minah didn't feel lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter